Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

perhaps!

istr there was also a case a while back where a pair of neo-nazis who had named their kid adolf hitler wanted wal-mart to make them a cake that read "happy birthday adolf hitler" but wal-mart refused so they brought a lawsuit. not sure how that one turned out but maybe look into that one too

good someone has to make a stand on the ridiculously short cake character counts these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I had a '65 corvair convertible in 2001, I bought it with inheritance money and then I loving crashed it a few months later on a lovely freeway ramp.
Sentence: death by guillotine.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yo what kind of desk do you dudes use for all your posting? i wanna get a new one and am not sure what kind of investment to make

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

PokeJoe posted:

yo what kind of desk do you dudes use for all your posting? i wanna get a new one and am not sure what kind of investment to make

:gizz:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

If you're considering spending YOSPOS money on a desk, just get a carpenter to do you one just the way you like it. Then ask them to build you a desk.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

ikea top and legs cheap as gently caress son throw a file cabinet on one end if u wanna roll like that

how do you know if a geek owns a jerker? just wait, they'll let you know

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PokeJoe posted:

I have this one since it was cheap and i like glass and pullout trays

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Line-Designs-ZL2200-01WSU-Cyrus-Workstation/dp/B004VLW38Q

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
those fully brand adjustable desks are supposed to be p dope but i cant justify it myself. https://www.fully.com/standing-desks/jarvis/jarvis-adjustable-height-desk-bamboo.html

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
us legal precedent is pretty clear that free speech rights include the right to refuse to speak. that definitely includes putting messages on poo poo. masterpiece was actually distinguished at a lower level from a prior case where a cake shop refused to put some homophobic bible verse on a cake; that was ruled to be okay as long as it's just about the content of the message, not the person ordering the cake

what masterpiece is really about is whether something as routine as making a cake, divorced of any sort of custom design or custom message, becomes sufficiently expressive to count as speech when you know the cake will be used to celebrate something you disagree with. of course saying "yes" puts a pretty bug hole in anti-discrimination law

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
skipping pages good morning did I miss anything funy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bump_fn posted:

skipping pages good morning did I miss anything funy

rear end parasites and satanic shoes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People started eating tide pods to counter-act the rear end cooties you get from eating rear end.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

NoneMoreNegative posted:

go on

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jerry Cotton posted:

they can't sell themselves to themselves and i don't think buick has any money.

lol

I’m hoping some dodgy company from hong kong buys them out just for the name and starts churning harley davidson electric scooters or hoverboards or some poo poo.

that’d be even better than when AMF owned them.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Xaris posted:

I have this one since it was cheap and i like glass and pullout trays

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Line-Designs-ZL2200-01WSU-Cyrus-Workstation/dp/B004VLW38Q

my man this is a shameful desk in every way imaginable

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

lol

I’m hoping some dodgy company from hong kong buys them out just for the name and starts churning harley davidson electric scooters or hoverboards or some poo poo.

that’d be even better than when AMF owned them.

i'd buy a chinese electric scooter if they weren't absolute poo poo. electricity is cheap and it would be great for buzzing down to the supermarket where food is cheaper and bread is actually fresh. (i don't own a car that is)

every "I bought a chinese electric scooter" story i've heard is pretty much as follows:
june: hey this is great whee
july: [some part] fell off oh well hehe
august: the battery is completely shot yhyy byääh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jerry Cotton posted:

i'd buy a chinese electric scooter if they weren't absolute poo poo. electricity is cheap and it would be great for buzzing down to the supermarket where food is cheaper and bread is actually fresh. (i don't own a car that is)

every "I bought a chinese electric scooter" story i've heard is pretty much as follows:
june: hey this is great whee
july: [some part] fell off oh well hehe
august: the battery is completely shot yhyy byääh

a guy i used to work with used to ride something like that as his primary mode of transportation. it looked like a little 1:2 scale chopper and plugged into the wall to charge.

it was even more interesting because this guy was like 7 feet tall and looked like lurch from the addams family if lurch had weird facial hair and a ponytail. he eventually got fired for “painting” on the bathroom walls.

his medium was poop, you see.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

a guy i used to work with used to ride something like that as his primary mode of transportation. it looked like a little 1:2 scale chopper and plugged into the wall to charge.

it was even more interesting because this guy was like 7 feet tall and looked like lurch from the addams family if lurch had weird facial hair and a ponytail. he eventually got fired for “painting” on the bathroom walls.

his medium was poop, you see.

how did they know it was him? did he sign his art?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

:hellyeah:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

even more fun: the plant manager and the cfo did a multi-day stakeout whereby they’d hide behind some boxes and sneak in to check the bathroom after each person came out to see if poop-casso had left another opus for his patrons.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

this is a good way to start my day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

even more fun: the plant manager and the cfo did a multi-day stakeout whereby they’d hide behind some boxes and sneak in to check the bathroom after each person came out to see if poop-casso had left another opus for his patrons.

cfo means cunning faecal observer

e: Seriouspost: imagine your spouse asking "how was work, darling?" after a busy day of poo poo investigation smdh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

there are most certainly office crazies, bit there’s a special kind of desperation that goes along with factory weirdos.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this is also the name of my psych rock band

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Caught brown handed

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

extremely good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jerry Cotton posted:

cfo means cunning faecal observer

e: Seriouspost: imagine your spouse asking "how was work, darling?" after a busy day of poo poo investigation smdh
"same poo poo different day"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:tipshat:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Peeny Cheez posted:

Sentence: death by guillotine.

They were dirt cheap as classic cars go back then, I bought a project car from some guy in NJ and had the brake lines and gas line redone, I was like $8k all in on it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

They were dirt cheap as classic cars go back then, I bought a project car from some guy in NJ and had the brake lines and gas line redone, I was like $8k all in on it.

you never struck me as a "car guy". learn something every day :)

Apr 7, 2003

also no one is buying H-D, their name is a boat anchor now that dies with their customer base. That's what happens when your entire line of business is spite for modernity.

prefect posted:

you never struck me as a "car guy". learn something every day :)

I was a huge car guy when I was in my teens and twenties. As you get older, you grow as a human being and find new interests.

(Also now that I can afford to be a car guy I've completely lost interest in it, go figure.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I was a huge car guy when I was in my teens and twenties. As you get older, you grow as a human being and find new interests.

heh. i was huge into professional sports in my teens and twenties. losing the obsessive interest in them really reduced my stress levels

Apr 7, 2003

Speaking of spite for modernity, like over half of the ads during the Super Bowl were weird nostalgia poo poo. This country really has given up on the future and is firmly lodging it's head up the rear end of a biased view of the good old days. The ad with Stephen Tyler in particular was a creepy bit of Boomer wankery.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

some jerk parked his truck across the street from my apartment and is playing a morning talk show at maximum radio volume, spoiling my quiet enjoyment of this otherwise perfectly lovely Monday morning

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i used to really be into cars and motorcycles too. now i think about how much space that kind of stuff takes up and also how dangerous it can be and just kind of go "meh, no thanks".

now i take pictures. my wife is much happier with me having that for a hobby.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Speaking of spite for modernity, like over half of the ads during the Super Bowl were weird nostalgia poo poo. This country really has given up on the future and is firmly lodging it's head up the rear end of a biased view of the good old days. The ad with Stephen Tyler in particular was a creepy bit of Boomer wankery.

boomers are finally starting to realize that they’re no longer young and have turned hard into nostalgic escapism

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

boomers are finally starting to realize that they’re no longer young and have turned hard into nostalgic escapism

also younger generations don't watch tv so there are no ads targeting them

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kenny Logins posted:

"same poo poo different day"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ArmZ posted:

also younger generations don't watch tv so there are no ads targeting them
Chapo (I think? might've been uyd?) had a recent thing about how super bowl ads are no longer the meme tastemakers they used to be and it's killing advertisers that it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

Chapo (I think? might've been uyd?) had a recent thing about how super bowl ads are no longer the meme tastemakers they used to be and it's killing advertisers that it's true

thanks for brightening up my morning :)