Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

God this really is what the Beginner's Guide would actually look like if it happened in real life, Inferior's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

evilspacehopper posted:

This is art, you don't don't understand the complexity of Robooto's (Roboto? Robootto? What way is supposed to be right?) masterpieces. I mean come on he put you inside the sun and if that's not art I don't know what is.

It a surreal DaDaist masterpiece.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think it is the throw away weapon button to drop chain guns.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I think it is the throw away weapon button to drop chain guns.

we dont find this button until the next episode

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hope LP jail is treating you well.

i have great news about the next episode

Inferior posted:

Oh my god, it’s The Beginner’s Guide. I wonder what happened to ol’ Robotto.

man i should really play the beginner's guide someday but now if i do i fear it'll be tainted by memories of robootto

TheDarkFlame posted:

Of course you can't look at the Sun, Kaubocks, you'll go blind if you look at the Sun.

I know literally nothing about video game design, mapping, art or anything but this video kind of makes me want to find out what Sven Coop is and how you make maps and make maps for this LP. It'd probably just be "I'M SORRY" in 50-foot letters with no texture and could even be spelled incorrectly, but that might still be better than this.

just make it so we can wreck it and it'll probably be an A+ map

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Do you have anything planned for tomorrow, you mind me asking?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
So, in case you haven’t figured out what’s going on with these maps:

Robootto’s maps are all meant for use with EntMod, which is like Garry’s Mod but for the older GoldSrc engine that vanilla Half-Life and Sven use. In other words, the maps don’t really have anything in them, because you’re supposed to put your own objects in them and build poo poo. Since you don’t have EntMod, the maps seem pointless.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw. That games module looked promising but there was so little bad game in it. I hope you can find some good bad game for the next bad game installment.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

This is the best episode yet

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bman in 2288 posted:

Do you have anything planned for tomorrow, you mind me asking?

we celebrated today so expect to see the fruits of this labor in a couple weeks

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I enjoy this LP, it is quite fun.

I hope we get more Robootto.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Is it pronounced "Robot-Toe", or "Robo-Otto"?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

unpronounceable posted:

Is it pronounced "Robot-Toe", or "Robo-Otto"?

it's pronounced robootto

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It's very clearly pronounced "ro-boo-toe".

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
While it's not a bad custom Half-Life map, this thread may enjoy the story of an insane custom Half-Life map: Action Half-Life: The 5 a.m.

The comments are worth reading, as the mapmaker shows up and offers some thoughts.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Oh god the Hondo maps. I forgot about that poo poo.

Yeah, we've commited enough LP crimes here, let's not go there.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

There's absolutely no way Kaubocks and Panzer have the patience for anything that obscure anyway. Especially since Hondo hid stuff in a way that makes noclip not work.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Oh, absolutely, it's not the right spirit for this LP. But it's an interesting read, and at least tangentially related, so I thought I'd share.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

You have the right to remain LP silent. If you give up the right to remain LP silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of LP law. You have the right to an LP attorney. If you desire an LP attorney and cannot afford one, an LP attorney will be obtained for you before LP police questioning.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I can't believe you stopped digging. Like five more minutes and you'd have...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I can't believe you found Svencraft.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

I guess furries CAN'T do infinite crime after all.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Did you no clip to the end of the rock mining map? Was there any thing there?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkmato, or Sharkmatoe? I can never remember if the e is correct.

e: also, this is relevant

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 15, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FillInTheBlank posted:

Did you no clip to the end of the rock mining map? Was there any thing there?
A bunch of platforming over death, even more rocks, and a massive arena with respawning uboas and giant monsters you have to kill to finish the map. The map takes quite a while with 12 people.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

My wife was asking if this was a vr thing. I corrected her and just said it was an fps. But now I hope that you are able to someday run this in oculus and play it for our amusement.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

FeyerbrandX posted:

My wife was asking if this was a vr thing. I corrected her and just said it was an fps. But now I hope that you are able to someday run this in oculus and play it for our amusement.

I already have to take motion sickness drugs whenever we record, i think if this was in VR i would die instantly

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
You know what this reminds me of?

Dungeon Keeper in 1st person Imp mode.

The way you swing your pickaxe at a wall until it suddenly crumbles.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

FillInTheBlank posted:

Did you no clip to the end of the rock mining map?

no, i didn't think to because i was just so exhausted of that map. i cut out a lot of footage because it was really boring to look at. that said...

Scalding Coffee posted:

A bunch of platforming over death, even more rocks, and a massive arena with respawning uboas and giant monsters you have to kill to finish the map. The map takes quite a while with 12 people.

...i feel less bad about not doing it now :haw:

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

svencoop.gif

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, this engine was really not made for piloted vehicles. I wonder why everyone keeps trying.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I see the pizza map guy never strayed far from his roots of smacking inanimate objects with lots of health and dealing with giant enemy hordes with lots of health. He just got better at contextualizing it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kinda brazen of Kaubocks to start committing crimes against humanity directly after being busted for LP crimes.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Kinda brazen of Kaubocks to start committing crimes against humanity directly after being busted for LP crimes.

Well, he really had no place to go but up.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

It's time to terrorize the streets of Stilwater in Sven Co-op!

...hey, wait a minute...

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe that you guys are starting a hip new craze for those kids who have become jaded and weary of planking.

Behold, Priming.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That was amazing :allears:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now this is the quality LP:ing I remember.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, that's actually an interesting trick with throwing your weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Watching through this LP and I can't believe you guys LPed the Beginner's Guide: Robooto edition.

Please never stop taking up through this mad tour of the internet's creativity.

• Locked thread