Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
dray's goatee looks awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
:thunk:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dwyane-wade-not-isaiah-230845876.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_06

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Rondo was Right

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

I wanna see an Embiid/anyone fight

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The all-star game is baaaacckkk

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

The Duggler posted:

https://streamable.com/sov5f

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Overall his RPM is really good though, for the situation. If you're hitting him for the Offensive part of it, it's not fair not to give him credit for a higher RPM than Dragic, Reggie Jackson, Clarkson... You talk about being a net positive, but on RPM he is! There is a lot of cherry picking stats (Ignore RPM, only look at ORPM! Ignore production ONLY look at P&R stats!) to try to tell this narrative. Being a rookie PG is really tough and Lonzo has been playing alright. Everyone who knew how players develop knew he was going to be a project, and so far he's been doing pretty decent.

I’m very willing to make whatever will he be good in four years bet you want, on whatever post SA zombie forum still exists if necessary, because he’s vastly more similar to MCW than Rubio and that shot is 100% not getting fixed

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Tuned in for last two minutes of all Star game while at work.

It didn't suck..

E: I actually regretted not having watched it all.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
how hungover was butler

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's Pickle Russ

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

how hungover was butler

So bad that even Thibs would have only played him 35 minutes.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30/likes

The last one hahaha

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

i have to know how many buckets PG made these last couple days

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Let Fergie sing the national anthem all the time.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Overall his RPM is really good though, for the situation. If you're hitting him for the Offensive part of it, it's not fair not to give him credit for a higher RPM than Dragic, Reggie Jackson, Clarkson... You talk about being a net positive, but on RPM he is! There is a lot of cherry picking stats (Ignore RPM, only look at ORPM! Ignore production ONLY look at P&R stats!) to try to tell this narrative. Being a rookie PG is really tough and Lonzo has been playing alright. Everyone who knew how players develop knew he was going to be a project, and so far he's been doing pretty decent.

The split between his offense and defense seems relevant when his role and strengths/weaknesses are being discussed. He does not improve his team on offense, most rookie PGs don't, but the cracks in his game don't look like things that will be sorted out in any less than 3 years or so, if it takes one offseason to be a league average three point shooter, one to be okay at running PNR, one to check the vials worn around the necks of Ming dynasty eunuchs for their severed penises and testicles, and so on

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/965453769122213888

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Where can I watch a replay of the all star game, it sounds like it was good.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jeremy Lin now confirming Taiwan is part of China. The flame war turns a new page

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

TNT is rerunning it right now, I think.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Spacebump posted:

Fans are got salty about player rotations and the refs, just like a real game! It was very good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was funny because half way through I said to someone "This is about as good as we can expect. A really good pickup game where everyone kind of cares but we're never going to get the intensity of a real game that matters." And then the game somehow had the intensity of a game that really matters.

That poo poo was like magic that left me wondering how the hell they pulled it off.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/iztariq/status/965073911812632576

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Was Jimmy seriously so blitzed that he couldn't play? Because that's hilarious if true.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Hand Row posted:

This mediocre player is better than this poo poo player, especially compared to veteran garbage player.

:discourse:

Spacebump posted:

Anyone remember back in October when I asked who would have more winshares this year Dirk or Melo? I just did and decided to check. Dirk currently has 3.9 and Melo has 3.2. lol.

I would've bet on Carmelo as he's six years younger. There's still time for him to turn it around.

The Duggler posted:

Real defense appears for the first time in a long time. One of the better half-time shows in NBA ASG history. In the kitchen, wrist twistin' like a stir fry (whip it).

I forgive the NBA for hiring Big & Rich to perform the 2005 half-time show.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
My brother has long theorized that the mid to late 2000s had the worse half time acts because Stern was scared of rap culture. I'm glad Silver is a modern man and I get to see twerking and Migos.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

http://nbahd.net/

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Was Jimmy seriously so blitzed that he couldn't play? Because that's hilarious if true.

It won't ever be confirmed but just like Love used to get fku-like symptoms whenever the Wolves would go to southern LA, Butler had to sit out a game after Mark Wahlberg was confirmed to be at the same locale.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That all star game was so much fun. I got to see a lot of players that I'd heard about but hadn't watched yet (Westbrook, Embiid the two standouts I'd most been wanting to catch). I'm more excited to see more games before playoffs. I've only watched about 10 this year so I need to start checking out the teams at the bottom end of each conference's playoff standings

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was out with friends all night and missed the game. What was the thing with Rick and Morty?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

CRISPYBABY posted:

My brother has long theorized that the mid to late 2000s had the worse half time acts because Stern was scared of rap culture. I'm glad Silver is a modern man and I get to see twerking and Migos.

It was some god awful lip-syncing though

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron likes kevin more than dwade wow

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

If anyone wants a coupon code for NBAstore.com for $15 off an order of $75 or more, here ya go

W19BXWMX17

Hopefully it works, I got it from Jewel-Osco's dumb Monopoly promotion.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And I thought Fergie's career couldn't tank any more after that Half Time Show.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm kinda mad that Fergie saved Kevin Hart from being talked about as the worst possible thing people could watch last night

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Doltos posted:

I'm kinda mad that Fergie saved Kevin Hart from being talked about as the worst possible thing people could watch last night

Honestly I'm desensitized at this point. Every year for the last five years there's been a 20% increase of Kevin Hart screen time at the ASG. And I don't like it, but I'm the frog in the boiling water here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevin Hart gained a lot of goodwill from me for Jumanji so it didn't bother me that much but Fergie made me switch to the Olympics and then I forgot to change back to the game because I really only had it on as background noise.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I still can't get over KD and LeBron double teaming Steph on the last possession

The look on Steph's face was like he was going to actual prison

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CRISPYBABY posted:

Honestly I'm desensitized at this point. Every year for the last five years there's been a 20% increase of Kevin Hart screen time at the ASG. And I don't like it, but I'm the frog in the boiling water here.

He seriously had a 30 minute skit about becoming a basketball player complete with songs where they replaced every line with cringy tributes to the players at the game, all kicked off with him hyping himself and ending with him hyping his comedy tour, and that still didn't seem as long and terrible as Fergie's 2 minutes and 30 seconds of career suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Duggler posted:

I still can't get over KD and LeBron double teaming Steph on the last possession

NBA February N/V: The look on Steph's face was like he was going to actual prison

• Locked thread