Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

merk posted:

Deadline is tomorrow.

whoops. this is the longest day 1 ive ever seen in a mafia game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lando131 posted:

h
Let me get this right, I think I know what you're getting at here. Do you think that MMT is a 3P that wins when all Host aligned Humans (ie you), and Human aligned Humans (ie scum), are dead?

Yeah I think so. I mean it’s a shot in the dark but it’s how I rationalize it

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

i honestly have no idea what you are trying to figure out in your most recent posts. Especially when you're asking other players to comment on a specific player? maybe you're just overconfirned new town, but it really feels like you are playing with extra knowledge.

also don't like how silent quid has been, considering he is usually a high volume poster and was implicated in a in a failed day action. mmt has gone radio silent too.
not a fan of lynching lurkers (mr f, snail, flerp).

Lean scum: 50 pounds, AA, lando, rf

Lean town: tobbs, lumpen, merk, KB, mmt
Neutral on everyone else

I'll be around until deadline

Interesting that at the time of this post you had the same post count as snail (19).

Why is he on your lurker list? Why are you particularly averse to lynching lurkers? People have made a content case on snail, so why are you waving it off as a lurker case?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Started on a weekend, all other days are going to be shorter in the future.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
SO can I try to ask people's honest opinions. Would you vote someone scummy who has had comparatively little interaction with the game, or someone slightly less scummy (but still scummy) who has interacted a lot, and the flip might gain us a lot of information?

Like, I still want to vote snail, I think he's in top 2 scummiest people, but I'd be willing to swap to someone slightly less suspect who happens to have more dirt on them that we can work with. For the record, here is my list again:

Decent, hardworking hosts:
Dancer, MMT, Quid (no surprises here)
Vaguely trustworthy:
DGK, Tobbs, Tolly, mark
Suspiciously squishy:
50 pounds, AA, Lando, Lumpen
Vile meat-puppets:
AS, KB, RF, SS

I am slowly warming up to RF, he's defensive but not overly so, and at least one person I trust trusts him (MMT), and some of his suspicion comes from a weird time in the game where I didn't know wtf was going on, but he still a little suspect.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is another way that RF is weirding me out. I think of him as someone who has a pretty good handle on setups and mafia theory even if he isn't paying all that much attention to the thread. MMT explained her reasons for using it pretty clearly right after she did it, and even if she hasn't it isn't that crazy to use that power right away especially if you are someone who has a fair risk of dying early in the game for meta reasons like MMT does and RF knows that.

And the whole lack of comprehension that host/human can be both an alignment and also a trait and those can be mutually exclusive is strange to me. It's not just RF doing that, but I also think that is something that shouldn't confuse him too much.

I guess I can't say if that makes him extra lazy town or intentionally obtuse scum but it seems out of character for him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

b-minus1 posted:

really starting to get suspicious of 50. i don't believe his "mystery injection" claim. calling bullshit on that. he's pulled similar gambit poo poo before in previous games and i fell for it.

What game? The only one I know of was FS/N where he was town and you were scum, so based on my limited knowledge that seems like an odd thing to be suspicious of 50 for.

b-minus1 posted:

i honestly have no idea what you [Lando] are trying to figure out in your most recent posts. Especially when you're asking other players to comment on a specific player? maybe you're just overconfirned new town, but it really feels like you are playing with extra knowledge.

Can you be more specific what you mean by "playing with extra knowledge"? Are you saying that Lando asking Snail for Tobbs is scummy? And if playing with extra knowledge is scummy, why did you unvote Hiipfire?

quote:

also don't like how silent quid has been, considering he is usually a high volume poster and was implicated in a in a failed day action. mmt has gone radio silent too.

This feels like scum trying to force content. Why bring this up at all if not to case me or Quid?

quote:

not a fan of lynching lurkers (mr f, snail, flerp).

Lean scum: 50 pounds, AA, lando, rf

Lean town: tobbs, lumpen, merk, KB, mmt
Neutral on everyone else

I'll be around until deadline

To be clear: you lean town on Lumpen and KB, but are null on Quid?

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
Finished reading back up. First of all I have to say that Tolly is the single most hilarious person in this thread and her continued trolling of Lumpen has made me laugh out loud every time I reread through early Day 1. To summarize:

* Tolly votes Tobbs. Later explained that this was not a joke vote and that it was because he was moving his vote around too much.
* Lumpen votes Tolly for placing a 'bandwagon' third vote on Tobbs on day 1. I in fact jokevoted Tolly for this very same reason.
* Tolly emptyquotes Lumpen because his vote on her is, in fact, a 'bandwagon' third vote on day 1. I even made a joke about this at the time, saying they were clearly scum together.
* Lumpen asks Tolly what the emptyquotes were about, seemingly oblivious to the fact she was turning his own reasoning around on him.
* Tolly says Hi and ignores the questioning.
* Later, Lumpen notes that Tolly dodged his question when she shows back up in thread.
* Tolly says she's not interested in engaging him on something he doesn't believe in, which I assume to mean bandwagon third votes on people, which his is.

This to me reads as hilarious and masterful trolling of someone who has no idea they're being trolled.

So my question is this: Is Lumpen usually this dense? Does he seriously not realize he dropped a third vote on someone when that was the actual case he made, when two people are talking about it?

I also have to say I'm having a very hard time getting a read on Tolly. Her current suspicions are purely people who have voted or interrogated her, though her use of a pressure vote on Tobbs is something I do myself. I'd like to see her expand her list of reads.

I'd vote Tolly or Lumpen if it came down it.

My biggest read though is DGK. Other people have disagreed and disagreed heavily, but every single time I read the post where he calls someone out for not having a real opinion so early in the game it pings me hard. I've reread the thread a few times now and I just can't get over it.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I have the stupidest reason to vote Lumpen as scum. He didn’t capitalize a letter in one of his early posts, and when I called him out for it he never responded

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey MMT I can't quote atm because phone is being poo poo but in the event that neither Lumpen or Snail getting lynched today (which is likely due to the heavily split voting) you can just shoot one on d2

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I think 50 is going on about this host/human thing longer than necessary

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

i honestly have no idea what you are trying to figure out in your most recent posts. Especially when you're asking other players to comment on a specific player? maybe you're just overconfirned new town, but it really feels like you are playing with extra knowledge.

I had missed the post where RF confirms he was merely flavored as someone who was Human in the show, but was town. Suffice to say I'm an idiot and should have read his posts more clearly the first time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dancer posted:

SO can I try to ask people's honest opinions. Would you vote someone scummy who has had comparatively little interaction with the game, or someone slightly less scummy (but still scummy) who has interacted a lot, and the flip might gain us a lot of information?

Like, I still want to vote snail, I think he's in top 2 scummiest people, but I'd be willing to swap to someone slightly less suspect who happens to have more dirt on them that we can work with. For the record, here is my list again:

B-Minus lists Lumpen as town and mentions Snail as someone he'd want to vote out.
Lumpen hasn't given an opinion on B-Minus and was dismissive towards a case on Snail without giving an opinion of Snail himself.
Snail dropped a vote on RF and peaced out.

I'd vote for any of the three of them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

MMT and DGK strike me as likely Town based on the recent posts, and Tobbs likely Town based on votecount action.

---

I think 50 is probably Town despite the fact that also think his "mystery injection" story is an entirely fabricated and self-serving gambit.

---

Yeah RF I am satisfied and I think you're likely telling the truth and thus likely Town based on what you posted and what DBD posted and my PM.

---

merk, would you agree that putting a caseless OMGUS vote on someone makes them less likely to be lynched? I think you're probably Town, and I'd like to see you use your effort and vote more productively.

Also of note, I feel like Lumpen this game doesn't act suspicious of others enough to be town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

B-Minus lists Lumpen as town and mentions Snail as someone he'd not want to vote out.

mafia edit for clarity

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

Hey MMT I can't quote atm because phone is being poo poo but in the event that neither Lumpen or Snail getting lynched today (which is likely due to the heavily split voting) you can just shoot one on d2

I don't have any more bullets :eng99:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

I think 50 is going on about this host/human thing longer than necessary

Hell :same:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dancer posted:

Decent, hardworking hosts:
Dancer, MMT, Quid (no surprises here)
Vaguely trustworthy:
DGK, Tobbs, Tolly, mark
Suspiciously squishy:
50 pounds, AA, Lando, Lumpen
Vile meat-puppets:
AS, KB, RF, SS

I am slowly warming up to RF, he's defensive but not overly so, and at least one person I trust trusts him (MMT), and some of his suspicion comes from a weird time in the game where I didn't know wtf was going on, but he still a little suspect.

You should tell us who you want to vote and why you want to vote that person.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Murmur Twin posted:

Well that's a shame.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

This doesn't seem true to me. If true, why claim it?

If you're a third party, just tell us now. That seems more likely the more you string claim.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Interesting that at the time of this post you had the same post count as snail (19).

Why is he on your lurker list? Why are you particularly averse to lynching lurkers? People have made a content case on snail, so why are you waving it off as a lurker case?

snail hasn't posted in over a day. i would consider that lurking. i would have added hal to that list but he showed up earlier today mainly to discuss RF.
to be completely honest, snail hasn't even been on my radar at all. they're a completely null read.
i have always hated lynching lurkers, especially on day 1. i would rather lynch someone with actual content to pick apart the next day. I'm fine with putting pressure on them, which is why i voted for hiipfire earlier. And sure enough, they showed up almost immediately after I voted them.

Murmur Twin posted:

What game? The only one I know of was FS/N where he was town and you were scum, so based on my limited knowledge that seems like an odd thing to be suspicious of 50 for.
i dont want to break any rules so i unfortunately cant provide all of the evidence of this right now. but in the larry david game we were scumbros, and he mentioned how much he loves to gently caress with the town by making up insane gambits. he also tunneled me all game by claiming to have knowledge that i was scum. he basically posted the same thing every day "bman is bad, lynch bman, why does nobody want to lynch bee movie" and nobody listened. so when I see him post things like:

50 pounds of bread posted:

Am I gonna die?
If someone can save me from this injection thing please do it tonight, I have no idea what's going on but I suspect I've been robot poisoned.
Does poison even effect robots?
WHAT IS GOING ON?!

You try being injected with mystery whatever n0 and not being concerned about it.

my first instinct is to call bullshit.

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you be more specific what you mean by "playing with extra knowledge"? Are you saying that Lando asking Snail for Tobbs is scummy? And if playing with extra knowledge is scummy, why did you unvote Hiipfire?
It just feels like he's trying extra hard to appear town and doesn't feel genuine. His behavior reminds me of Kash's in FF6 I think aka a scum that is faking a bunch of townie reactions (fake frustration with trying to figure out the game, asking leading questions about specific players, etc) idk maybe im not explaining it correctly or i've just never played with lando before so im not used to his style of play. just don't like posts like these:
"That's exactly why I want to hear from Quid. It comes down to a matter of whether we trust MMT's claim or not."
"Tobbs this is the second time you've done this. The first was when MMT put it down, and now B-minus1. I'm starting to think you might have some information the rest of us don't."
"sentimental snail can I ask you your opinion of Tobbs? "
"gently caress. This flavor thing is a quagmire and I am sorry I brought it up. Going to take notes from now on and not stream of consciousness post anymore until my reread is over. "

I unvoted hiipfire because i was satisfied with Tobbs response. I don't like that hiipfire disappeared right after I called him out however.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Dead Cow has been flying under my radar and upon rereading him I just realized why. He's said absolutely nothing about who he thinks is scum or town, despite being around to post about flavor and question people about roles. The only potential take he's even had is that B-minus1 has been quiet this game.

I'd really like to hear something with substance from Dead Cow before tomorrow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

my first instinct is to call bullshit.

Besides it being 50, what about the injection makes you think it's bullshit? There were n0 actions. If he's still alive d4 and there isn't any other talk of an "injection" anywhere in the game, ok then maybe he's lying. How can you jump to that now?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

:350:

quote:

If you're a third party, just tell us now. That seems more likely the more you string claim.

I'm Hosts-aligned.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Like, my point is: If you think it's bullshit just because he's doing some dumb gambit, why pay any attention to it? You're basically making a meta read from one game where you were scumbros, and I'm telling you that 50 does random poo poo in every game regardless of alignment.

50 invented, which I stole in Harry Potter Mafia, a survivor gambit. You claim survivor as town to try to bait scum into claiming.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm Hosts-aligned.

I think you're lying.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I SO MUCH THINK YOU'RE LYING THAT I'LL DO THIS: ##vote MMT

Just claim 3p. I think that's what you are. I'm the only one in all of mafia who takes the 'kill all 3p' stance.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
BTW, the string claiming is what makes it clear you're not town. You come out with some new little part of the claim without any regard whatsoever for disclosing this new thing, but you definitely withheld information initially for some reason. That's not how town thinks.

That said, I don't think the role makes sense as scum from what we've seen. Maybe I'm wrong.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

merk posted:

Just claim 3p. I think that's what you are. I'm the only one in all of mafia who takes the 'kill all 3p' stance.

This is terrible. I completely disagree with it.

If MMT is 3P she's the towniest possible interpretation of 3P, and I think she's town anyway. Her claim makes sense and her casing has been good.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

merk posted:

Easy answer on why to claim: decrease the value of mafia killing you in the night. Espically if you can't hurt town with your powers, thus meaning anyone you blam is automatically getting a free trust increase from everyone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

This is terrible. I completely disagree with it.

If MMT is 3P she's the towniest possible interpretation of 3P, and I think she's town anyway. Her claim makes sense and her casing has been good.

It's day 1. How can you be this confident in a read?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

A dumb thing is happening right now.

Murmur Twin posted:

Dancer posted:

o Used the :350: smiley on page 12, and I’m told breadcrumbs are a thing?

:lol:

I forgot to answer this but the only thing I was breadcrumbing there was "pot smoker who enjoys wordplay".

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk posted:

Besides it being 50, what about the injection makes you think it's bullshit? There were n0 actions. If he's still alive d4 and there isn't any other talk of an "injection" anywhere in the game, ok then maybe he's lying. How can you jump to that now?

uh, nothing "about" the injection makes me think it's bullshit. It's just that i have a general distrust of 50 because ive played with him as scum before and i know he likes to do things for his own amusement. and I agree with the second half of your post.

merk posted:

Like, my point is: If you think it's bullshit just because he's doing some dumb gambit, why pay any attention to it? You're basically making a meta read from one game where you were scumbros, and I'm telling you that 50 does random poo poo in every game regardless of alignment.

50 invented, which I stole in Harry Potter Mafia, a survivor gambit. You claim survivor as town to try to bait scum into claiming.

fair enough. im not trying to dwell on it, just thought it was worth mentioning. and i only brought it up again because i was asked by mmt to explain a read from yesterday.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Gridlocked posted:

Easy answer on why to claim: decrease the value of mafia killing you in the night. Espically if you can't hurt town with your powers, thus meaning anyone you blam is automatically getting a free trust increase from everyone.

So, lie.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

merk posted:

So, lie.

How do you known she isn't lying and Isn't out of bullets.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

No.

If you think you can convince everyone I'm the correct vote today, go for it.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

merk posted:

It's day 1. How can you be this confident in a read?

Because with her ability there's no way she's scum. That means she's either town or 3P, and as I said I think her casing is pretty good. Her recent case on B-minus1 is the best example.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Gridlocked posted:

I'd say it's pretty not town to lie about a role.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

No.

If you think you can convince everyone I'm the correct vote today, go for it.

I'm sure I can't. I was hoping I could get you to claim 3p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

Are you implying that town might try to... deceive scum?

Nooooo

• Locked thread