Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NBA teams don't have 100% control over health info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How would leaking a player's health info work with regards to HIPAA rules? It seems like if the player didn't explicitly allow it that would be a serious no-no.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How would leaking a player's health info work with regards to HIPAA rules? It seems like if the player didn't explicitly allow it that would be a serious no-no.

You are correct, afaik.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A player or his immediate family (where appropriate) shall have the right to approve the terms and timing of any public release of medical information relating to any injuries, illnesses or other health conditions suffered by that player that are potentially life- or career-threatening, or that do not arise from the player’s participation in NBA games or practices. If a Team or the NBA requests such approval and the player or his immediate family (where appropriate) does not provide it, then the Team is limited to disclosing that an injury, illness or other health condition is preventing a player from rendering services to the Team and that the anticipated length of the player’s absence from rendering services to the Team is unknown. Nothing in this Section 4(e) shall limit a Team from disclosing medical information related to an injury, illness or other health condition with respect to any player who has made medical information available publicly that is inconsistent with the written opinion of a Team physician.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If it's on Fultz or his camp that's even more worrying. They'd rather have 3 billion conspiracy theories out there and for the majority of fans to (unfairly) think he's already a bust? To each their own I guess

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I don't want to jinx it, but Fultz has looked significantly better in the last week or two.

https://twitter.com/JCameratoNBCS/status/967901523442323456
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/967491900847591429
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/967491189447512065

It looks like their having him use that spin move to establish a rhythm in his shooting motion. Almost every recent video of him shooting has him doing it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That looks like a guy no where close to playing in the NBA tbh.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

euphronius posted:

That looks like a guy no where close to playing in the NBA tbh.

It's so much better than it was a few months ago. That hitch/pause after he raises his shooting arm is mostly gone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It looks like half speed and pretty low intensity. Going through the motions.

Also he needs to shoot from three to play.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

It looks like half speed and pretty low intensity. Going through the motions.

Also he needs to shoot from three to play.

:allears:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The coach said he needs to shoot to play so I don't know what your smilie is about .

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

3 Billboards Outside of Philadelphia, PA

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It looks like their having him use that spin move to establish a rhythm in his shooting motion. Almost every recent video of him shooting has him doing it.

I'm going to :lol: if footage of him spinning before shooting a FT ever leaks out

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A question I always have about this is if if these are only the PPP for the ball handler on pick and roll plays he finishes (with a shot, layup, ect) or if its the PPP on the entire play where he is the PnR ballhandler regardless of who shoots the shot

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

3 Billboards Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Those are in Cleveland! https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/26/philly-wants-lebron-billboard-cleveland-campaign-sixers-cavaliers

:eyepop:

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Paul Zuvella posted:

A question I always have about this is if if these are only the PPP for the ball handler on pick and roll plays he finishes (with a shot, layup, ect) or if its the PPP on the entire play where he is the PnR ballhandler regardless of who shoots the shot

the former. the other complication is that turnovers are recorded inconsistently. the stats provider separates pnr ballhandler plays from pnr passing plays, and when there is a turnover on a pass attempt, sometimes that finds its way into the denominator of the ballhandler plays (ie the numbers posted above) and sometimes into the passing plays (which i don't know if they're publicly available.). but it's a useful metric for seeing players' scoring ability off the dribble.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

BIZORT posted:

Kyle Anderson emerging as a very good defensive player completely baffles me and I love it
Yeah, it's great. He's smart and he's long and his weird natural speed/rhythm seems to gently caress with people on both ends of the court.
That lebron block was great but I'm sad I can't find any video or gif of slo mo just eating jordan clarkson's lunch 1x1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao

Bottom 8 teams are currently 0-45

Let's gooo.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

Lmao

Let's gooo.

I am petrified at the very real possibility the Pels lose to the Suns tonight. The team does not play well at home, they are coming off an OT game last night, and have played many OT games lately (I think nine total on the season). First five game win streak since the last time they made the playoffs. Very real chance of this being a let-down game.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Pacers season in gif form:

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/968211974688526336

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dexo posted:

Lmao

Let's gooo.

Over the last week?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Over the last week?

It's their combined current win/loss streaks

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Kibner posted:

I am petrified at the very real possibility the Pels lose to the Suns tonight. The team does not play well at home, they are coming off an OT game last night, and have played many OT games lately (I think nine total on the season). First five game win streak since the last time they made the playoffs. Very real chance of this being a let-down game.

That was me during the Blazers/Suns game the other night, the night after Portland took a huge road game from Utah. Only saved by Lillard heroics!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls Nets tonight is gonna break the streak.

Last time a bottom 8 team beat a non bottom 8 team was Feb 11. (Hawks over Pistons)

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 26, 2018

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Friendship basketball is spreading

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah, it's great. He's smart and he's long and his weird natural speed/rhythm seems to gently caress with people on both ends of the court.

He is one of the funniest players to watch to me and has an A+ nickname, Slow-mo

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I remember when I saw Anderson in his freshman year at UCLA - he looked slow even compared to college kids. I thought he would never play a minute in the NBA.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That lebron block was great but I'm sad I can't find any video or gif of slo mo just eating jordan clarkson's lunch 1x1
I have a huge soft spot for players who, on a conceptual level, do/are things shouldn't have a lot of success in the NBA. Like JJ Barea being a 5'10" shooting guard when he came into the NBA, or Shawn Marion's jump shot, or Bill Cartwright's free throws, or Andre Miller's career-long Old Man game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
John Wall met Lil Wayne

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

verbal enema posted:

John Wall met Lil Wayne

:thunk:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

If it's on Fultz or his camp that's even more worrying. They'd rather have 3 billion conspiracy theories out there and for the majority of fans to (unfairly) think he's already a bust? To each their own I guess

Everyone handled the Royce White situation with such grace why wouldn't people admit to rehabbing a mental issue?

Seriously, mental health issues are very stigmatized, and if they admitted that was keeping Fultz off the floor there'd be 1,000,000 "Just Play The Game" or accusations of him sandbagging so he can goof around, which seem like the exact opposite of what would help. There is no good solution here, but keeping it vague and up in the air is probably the best for recovery.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Weezy not looking so hot.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
edit - not worth it

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

I think(and really hope) he meant to post that in the fashion thread where the last post is Wall-related. IDK!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That ain't no damned John Wall, thats Gucci Mane

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

predicto posted:

His only other option was taking a step forward.

He was vertical and as slowly as he came down he could have easily went to one knee and worst case two (if he really was brought down.) He launched his upper body forward AFTER his legs were brought down. There is a ton of space between him and Westbrook.

Does anyone know if there is ANY player in the league that says they think it was an accident? Maybe those opinions might change my mind.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This thread really went off the rails

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Dexo posted:

That ain't no damned John Wall, thats Gucci Mane

I know.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Boosh! posted:

I think(and really hope) he meant to post that in the fashion thread where the last post is Wall-related. IDK!

gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
here's a picture of steve francis to bring us back to baseline

• Locked thread