Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just saw this comment in twitch chat

UnholyDreisT: Sienna my flame, my light bless my body with your purifying kiss.

cancel it, i don't want to play anymore

I don't see anything wrong here :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

you have been willfully misinterpreting every single not-entirely-positive thing that has been said about this game as curmudgeonly salt making GBS threads on the game's entire existence since you started posting here and posting junk like "just have fun with it until you're not" like the rest of us aren't doing literally the same thing between here and the discord. you don't even do this to me so much because i incessantly drop in 'don't get me wrong....' clauses precisely because junk like this is happening, but it still is super obnoxious and toxic. like just stop man, you are not smart or insightful when you do this junk and it makes it really loving hard to talk about a game that we're on a games forum in a games topic to talk about.

it didn't in VT1 and i see no reason why it would here

Here's the thing. If you don't want generally broad characterisation don't post things like "the entire game's deisgn is bad" and then get mad that someone calls you out for it.

I nor anyone else is saying the game is perfect. It doesn't have to be either. But from my perspective there's been pages of "discussion" that basically amounts to new thing not like old thing. Maybe I've misread the posts or the the tone but that's the way I've read it. I also happen to think that the VT2 is leaps and bounds better in concrete ways I've already listed and specifically in a number of ways that me and Digi don't see eye to eye about.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Is there a list anywhere of everyone's actives and passives?

nah, and the dumb thing is that there's a lot of things interesting in these actives/passives that are not documented in game. but off the top of my head:

Marky K:
Merc:
Passive: Sweeping Strikes - hitting 3+ enemies in one strike increases your attack speed by 10% for 5 seconds
Active: Morale Boost - Knocks down nearby enemies, gives temporary health to nearby allies

Huntsman:
Passive: Waste not want not - Critical headshot restores 1 ammo. Double ammo. Critical strike aura
Active: Stalk - Go invisible for a brief while. When revealed, all attacks (melee and ranged) do 1.5x damage* for 10 seconds.
(*: This still feels like a lot more)

Foot Knight:
Passive: Damage resist aura. Increased health. Increased Stamina.
Active: Anime Charge - Charge forward with the power of anime and knock down everyone in your path

Dwarfy B:
Veteran Ranger:
Passive: Killed specials drop a small bag of ammo. Double ammo in reserve.
Active: Smoke bomb allows Bardin to enter stealth for a short while

Ironbreaker:
Passive: One hit every 20 seconds does no damage. Increased stamina.
Active: Taunts all man-sized (e.g., not bosses or chaos warriors) enemies nearby. Blocking costs no stamina for 10 seconds.

Slayer:
Passive: Hitting the same target over and over increases damage.
Active: Big old jump into battle. Knocks down targets at point of impact. Increases attack speed by a lot for 10 seconds.

Salty P:
Witch Hunter Captain:
Passive: Tagged enemies take 10% more damage (it is not 25% as I thought it was a few days ago, my bad)
Active: Knocks down nearby enemies and grants bonus crit strike chance to nearby allies.

Bounty Hunter:
Passive: One shot every 8 seconds is a guaranteed critical. Can also be refreshed by getting a melee kill. Double ammo in reserve.
Active: Saltzpyre pulls out a magnum and loving executes whatever rear end in a top hat is right in front of him

Zealot:
Passive: Damage increases and interruptability decreases as health gets lower.
Active: Anime charge much like Kruber's it's great

Sassy S:
Battle Wizard:
Passive: not taking damage or casting spells for 8 seconds doubles how quickly you shed overcharge
Active: Blink forward about 30 feet

Pyromancer:
Passive: Crit rate goes up as your overcharge increases
Active: Hold F to erase anything you hate

Unchained:
Passive: Half of all damage taken goes to your overcharge instead
Active: Press F to explode, doing more damage the higher your overcharge is

Elf:
idk elf is against my religion

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 8, 2018

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I assume one will be put up with the new thread shortly.

I've still got my OP draft saved (look at my post history in the thread to find it) and ready to blow out whenever. Barring someone giving me a more clever pun I'm naming it Vermintide 2: Finding Dawri.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

quote:

Fatshark_HedgeCommunity Manager2h
Hey everyone!

Today we put live Vermintide 2 v1.0!

The hype in the office is real, we cannot wait to show you the rest of the game. With that in mind however, we will not be publishing a full list of patch notes for those who have taken part in the beta up until now. Do know, we have put in heaps of fixes and tweaks based on your feedback.

Importantly though, we have fixed elements of and overhauled the rest of the damage system for the release of Vermintide 2. A result of this should be far more balanced burst output, no more melting bosses in seconds, because you had to be a mad-man if you thought some of your builds were intentional! :nurgle:

So Hero Power (“powerlevel”) does this: Scales your damage, your cleave and your stagger values.

All three values are a base property defined by each individual attack of each weapon. So a sword will have a different profile than an axe, which is then scaled by your total power level fo make stuff happen on enemies hit.

Now for killing stuff, on top of this very basic core damage value, you have the ability to boost your output in a couple of different ways; let’s call them Finesse (for crits/headshot/fiddly bonuses) and Strength (for drinking a certain named potion, being a murder hobo or other powerful ability boosters).

Your damage output is the sum of your core damage, Strength boost and Finesse boost.

So how does boost work? Simply by being a 0-1 scale of how much of your boost you get. Stacking different boosts will just work the boost upwards until it reaches 1 for max boost. So chugging a strength potion and using the huntsman ability will stack ontop of eachother and grant a bigger boost rather than multiply each other.

How much is max boost then? It is your core damage multiplied by whatever the weapon attack says it is. So a fencing sword will have a high ( 2.5x) Finesse boost but average (1.0) Strength boost for it’s charged attack.

There is a trick to it though; Strength boost will always use unarmoured damage as its core damage for setting boost AND on top of this, any Finesse boost will use whichever is highest between core and strength damage. Basically, it is a good idea to still crit-headshot after drinking that armor penetration strength potion.

Apart from this, we’ve just made sure that all powerlevel buffs are applied after we actually cap and scale your powerlevel. (Yes, we cap and scale your powerlevel to get a nice smooth ride across the difficulties.) Caps are currently: 200 for recruit, 400 for veteran and 600 for champion. No cap on Legend. Note that powerlevel buffs/increases from talents/gear can go beyond the cap, they’ll just use the cap as a max starting point.

As for the scaling, we scale stagger and cleave to a 3 times starting output at max powerlevel and stagger at 2 times (felt terrible not being able to stagger/stagger all the things otherwise)

All damage multipliers are applied last, so increased damage dealt from different tag/block/crit/headshot talents will incur a flat multiplier on the final damage. Note that these things won’t stack, no tagging a blocked enemy that got hit by a crit for exponential damage multipliers…

Final thought of the day. All damage and boost settings are individual for each target for each attack, so don’t expect to get the same headshot boost on the second clan rat you hit with the same sweep. Unless you’ve got a executioner, they get solid headshot boost for at least three targets for each sweep.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Here's the thing. If you don't want generally broad characterisation don't post things like "the entire game's deisgn is bad" and then get mad that someone calls you out for it.

I nor anyone else is saying the game is perfect. It doesn't have to be either. But from my perspective there's been pages of "discussion" that basically amounts to new thing not like old thing. Maybe I've misread the posts or the the tone but that's the way I've read it. I also happen to think that the VT2 is leaps and bounds better in concrete ways I've already listed and specifically in a number of ways that me and Digi don't see eye to eye about.

if you want to set rules like this, don't get touchy when someone calls you out for being too proud to ask questions or clarify points instead of just taking as gospel whatever extreme reading that goes into your brain at first glaze. digirat literally already responded to you by saying that isn't what he said, i told you even before that that isn't what he said, this is not a discussion, this poo poo you're spouting isn't what he or anyone else said, yet you're continuing to pretend like it totally was guys, seriously.

your entire function in this thread has been to come in, get a first-grader's comprehension of what's being posted, respond smugly, and ignore all context surrounding the topic. like, loving stop, you're being an idiot.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don’t care if they nerfed kruber’s blunderbuss into the ground so long as it’s still all about that bass

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Coolguye posted:

Ironbreaker:
Passive: One hit every 20 seconds does no damage. Increased stamina.
Active: Taunts all man-sized (e.g., not bosses or chaos warriors) enemies nearby. Infinite stamina for 10 seconds.

Unless I am mistaken, it doesn't actually grant infinite stamina - you can still run out your stamina by shoving. It just makes it so that blocking attacks takes no stamina for the duration. Still great for picking up friends and tanking boss hits tho.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Cowcaster posted:

i don’t care if they nerfed kruber’s blunderbuss into the ground so long as it’s still all about that bass

:same: I will continue my pledge to Taal so long as the world can hear it.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
jesus see what happens Fatshark? when you take your sweet time releasing stuff? you get people turning on each other like animals

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Cowcaster posted:

it'll probably still be good, just not broken stupidly OP good

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Martout posted:

jesus see what happens Fatshark? when you take your sweet time releasing stuff? you get people turning on each other like animals

like...rats...devouring each other...

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

quote:

Yes, we cap and scale your powerlevel to get a nice smooth ride across the difficulties.

Jesus, can they make poo poo more obtuse?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just got a bunch of trading cards for the game, probably not long until it drops now.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I can understand at least not wanting people to decimate bosses and make things unfun for newbies.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

if you have 1000 power and go down to veteran to play with your newb friend you don't 1 shot bosses because your stuff is capped/scaled down.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

Unless I am mistaken, it doesn't actually grant infinite stamina - you can still run out your stamina by shoving. It just makes it so that blocking attacks takes no stamina for the duration. Still great for picking up friends and tanking boss hits tho.

good point i will edit that post

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

*fatshark ceo Martin Fatshark shuffles cue cards, clears throat*

well here's the thing,

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

new thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851244

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Launch day thread is here if some jerk didn't steal my thunder! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851244

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

if you want to set rules like this, don't get touchy when someone calls you out for being too proud to ask questions or clarify points instead of just taking as gospel whatever extreme reading that goes into your brain at first glaze. digirat literally already responded to you by saying that isn't what he said, i told you even before that that isn't what he said, this is not a discussion, this poo poo you're spouting isn't what he or anyone else said, yet you're continuing to pretend like it totally was guys, seriously.

your entire function in this thread has been to come in, get a first-grader's comprehension of what's being posted, respond smugly, and ignore all context surrounding the topic. like, loving stop, you're being an idiot.

Are you being wilfully ignorant here? It's literally what he said. There's no mental gymnastics required my man. Let me help you out a bit.

Digirat posted:

The game’s design is worse than the first almost across the board...

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Stanley Pain posted:

Are you being wilfully ignorant here? It's literally what he said. There's no mental gymnastics required my man. Let me help you out a bit.

Did you not get to the end of that post or did you just read the first sentence?

quote:

In spite of all of this it’s still a really good-feeling action game for just $30 from a dev who will probably support it really well, so it’s well worth it imo, but you’ve posted that you didn’t like the first one in the past so I’m not so sure 2 is for you.

Regardless, don't bring this drama into the new thread or I will lose my poo poo.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Stanley Pain posted:

Look, speaking as someone who WAS slightly scared off by Digirats posting, suck it up and get over it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Did you not get to the end of that post or did you just read the first sentence?

Coolguye posted:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

BWWWAAAAHHH!!! *rat horde horn noise*

Quick, shitposts incoming! Into the other thread!

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Pyro at 10 with the overcharge vent while holding a grim is dope.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I want to go to Mt. Ratmore
take me take me take me take me NOW
NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Good night, sweet thread. :gbsmith:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Let's pretend I empty quoted this back at you for the same reason for the next x pages and call it a day. We're not going to move the needle in any appreciable way. I disagree with the majority of his opinions on the game.

Unlucky7 posted:

Look, speaking as someone who WAS slightly scared off by Digirats posting, suck it up and get over it.

I'm good. :)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Let's pretend I empty quoted this back at you for the same reason for the next x pages and call it a day. We're not going to move the needle in any appreciable way. I disagree with the majority of his opinions on the game.

you still have a first grader's reading comprehension because the entire point here is i do not want to 'move the needle' on your opinions, i could not possibly care less what your opinions are.

this isn't an 'agree to disagree' cop-out, you're acting like a child and i'm asking you to knock it the gently caress off. if you can't, then just do everyone a favor and stay the hell out of the new thread.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

you still have a first grader's reading comprehension because the entire point here is i do not want to 'move the needle' on your opinions, i could not possibly care less what your opinions are.

this isn't an 'agree to disagree' cop-out, you're acting like a child and i'm asking you to knock it the gently caress off. if you can't, then just do everyone a favor and stay the hell out of the new thread.

Dude I'm not sure why you're being stupidly aggressive, or why you constantly feel the need to post about it. I get it you don't like me or how I post. Get over it. Add me to ignore or whatever it is you need to do. Stop posting if you don't care.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Coolguye posted:

As an impartial observer, you're acting like a child. Hope this clears things up for you, have a wonderful day!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Dude I'm not sure why you're being stupidly aggressive, or why you constantly feel the need to post about it. I get it you don't like me or how I post. Get over it. Add me to ignore or whatever it is you need to do. Stop posting if you don't care.

i am being so insistent about this because you continue to keep it up, it's really disruptive and unwanted, and we're starting a new thread where i'd like to see your "tl;dr a 3 sentence post" rear end get better at posting or not post at all. you can take this as a furious attack if you want but that says way more about you than me, especially since i'm not even the only one on this page that's said you're being a jerk. how about instead of reflecting a 'get over it' you actually listen for once?

The Gate posted:

As an impartial observer, you're acting like a child. Hope this clears things up for you, have a wonderful day!

lol sure okay

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 8, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

Coolguye posted:

loving stop, you're being an idiot.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

congrats on calling me out on what I never said

Stanley Pain posted:

Dude, don't make me quote what you wrote. I don't feel like scrolling down :P. You literally said something to the effect of the game's design is bad across the board. How else is someone supposed to read that as? Yeah you've spent weeks posting about how V2 isn't V1 in gameplay and mechanics. I happen to disagree with pretty much everything you've said. Mostly because we don't and probably never will see eye to eye on what makes a game fun for us. That's ok.

you cannot go one post without misrepresenting what I say

My issues with this game from the start have always been about aspects of it being worse than the first, which you consistently twist into just being "different from the first" because that's easier for you to disagree with, and which you are now twisting into it just being "bad," because like coolguy observed it's a lot easier to respond to what you wish I said than what I actually said

"worse than the first" is a very different thing from "bad," and when someone asks the thread whether they think this game is better than the first, my honest answer to that question is no. And that does not in any way mean that I think it's a bad game, especially not just because it is "different than the first." It plainly means I think it's worse than the first one, and I've listed numerous reasons why that is over multiple weeks. I am done wasting time on someone who misconstrues everything I say, which will go for both threads because trying to discuss the differences between the games with other experienced people who actually know what I'm talking about has honestly been frustrating as gently caress due to this

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Man missions are a lot longer than I anticipated

I love having a boss randomly show up

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I don't know who is worse but some how you are both idiot children

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

I don't know who is worse but some how you are both idiot children

I learned from the best daddy.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
okay yes unchained fire grandma is a great way to play sienna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Coolguye posted:

how about instead of reflecting a 'get over it' you actually listen for once?

[...]

lol sure okay

was this on purpose :laugh:

so genuine question about VT2 vs 1 i'm not sure how to put, but let's try. There's some real frustration potential in the first if your group isn't on point, and I see complaints about "the elf runs off on their own, dies, blames team" are as alive as ever. but can you save a run from that bad situation more often in VT2? like if you're down a player or two is it more or less possible to carry through to a win than it was in the first? assuming players of reasonable skill level anyway

It also looks like the pressure to do max-grim runs 24/7 is also lowered a lot, which is pretty good to hear.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 8, 2018

• Locked thread