Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
I absolutely refuse to believe that they got rid of "holy sigmar bless this ravaged body"

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

also flail is the best

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Wight King: "NO BRETONNIAN MAN CAN DEFEAT ME"

Grail Knight: "So about that..."

actually per WHFRP that's cannonically the only kind of Brettonian knight that couldn't be a woman (because the lady of the lake is big into traditional gender roles)

a questing knight would make way more sense anyway

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If they add a bretonian it better just be a crazy peasant with a pitch fork.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Coolguye posted:

it does not hit substantially harder for it to be relevant beyond bosses, though. kerillian's longbow can still one shot most elite units on its strong attack (presuming suitably high hero power) and is otherwise better than kruber's longbow in every measurable way.

combine the fact that waystalker's active is orders of magnitude better than the huntsman's and the longbow is simply not a persuasive argument to use the lumberjack.

seems like kruber's also oneshots, albeit I am way overleveled for vet so who knows.

The real trip report from trying it before crashing out to a random driver crash is that getting headshots is bizarrely fiddly. Turns out headshot does, in fact, mean "hit precisely on the head" which is an issue with their tiny noggins and instant turns. You can actually go over your ammo cap tho

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SuperKlaus posted:

A very good idea for a new character I think: a Bretonnian wizard woman. You get a Bretonnian, but it's more different and interesting than a Knight (who'd just be some kind of Kruber with a bit of Slayer Bardin). She's not just a second Sienna either because they use different magic so you could have like lightning and wind and stuff.

Yeah, I'd been thinking the same thing. Bretonnian Damsels can use the magic lores of Life (healing, protective buffs), Beasts (offensive buffs, metamorphosis, literally going beast mode), and Heavens (shoot lightning, control wind, and debuff enemies). Heavens would probably be the most appropriate choice since that's the one that offers the most potential in terms of actually killing poo poo, but depending on how far they'd be willing to stretch things the others could be incorporated as well.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 12, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Beast magic as a ton of different claws and crazy bulked out killing stuff you turn your arms into would rule.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

it does not hit substantially harder for it to be relevant beyond bosses, though. kerillian's longbow can still one shot most elite units on its strong attack (presuming suitably high hero power) and is otherwise better than kruber's longbow in every measurable way.

combine the fact that waystalker's active is orders of magnitude better than the huntsman's and the longbow is simply not a persuasive argument to use the lumberjack.

Yeah, and the thing is really drat hard to use anyway because its combination of slowing you down + preventing you from switching to melee for pretty much a full second after you shoot means it’s really likely to make you get hit if you try to do any kind of clutch snipes with it in the middle of a fight

I’m having better results for sniping by just taking the handgun with the lumberjack’s 20% faster reload, but the handgun has a pile of issues of its own in this game

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugh, the game just will not match me into a fresh run. I did 4 levels just now, each shorter than the last, culminating in this one.

Easy loot sure, but I want to play the drat game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This probably needs to go in the OP:

The Vermintide 2 Dev Roadmap. First DLC hits next month with mod support and dedicated servers. They’ll be updating this frequently.

http://www.vermintide.com/roadmap/

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, I'd been thinking the same thing. Bretonnian Damsels can use the magic lores of Life (healing, protective buffs), Beasts (offensive buffs, metamorphosis, literally going beast mode), and Heavens (shoot lightning, control wind, and debuff enemies). Heavens would probably be the most appropriate choice since that's the one that offers the most potential in terms of actually killing poo poo, but depending on how far they'd be willing to stretch things the others could be incorporated as well.

I think Heavens also usually makes you crazy in a more entertainingly overt way than the other lores they'd consider

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The Vermintide 2 Dev Roadmap. First DLC hits next month with mod support and dedicated servers. They’ll be updating this frequently.

mappack dlc's ftw.. lol...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Ugh, the game just will not match me into a fresh run. I did 4 levels just now, each shorter than the last, culminating in this one.

Easy loot sure, but I want to play the drat game.

Hell of a damage taken stat, though...what’s your secret

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

If they add a bretonian it better just be a crazy peasant with a pitch fork.

A crazy peasant with a pitchfork and a dead grail knight strapped to his back.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
So uh, how DO you get new hats? Do they show up in chests eventually?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Also, since I'm not sure the game still gives the Khazalid primer on the loading screen, Bardin's nicknames for everyone mean 'Tough Human' for Kruber, 'Grim Human' for Saltzpyre, 'Fire Queen' for Sienna, and 'Dumb Elf' for elf.

I thought "wutelgi" is just literally "wood elf" or does he call her something else in dwarven?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm hoping the dlc has more in it than just a couple maps

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ppl care more about hats than modding support

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I care about modding support because I want a mod that shows me where all the tomes/grims are and how to get to them. I refuse to memorize all that crap.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My issue with Chaos is that they sound more like Khorne worshippers then Nurgle ones. Khorne is all about “Rarrgh I’m gonna kill you southlander!” Nurgle’s followers are all about being joyful and bringing Papa Nurgle’s gifts to as many people as they can. The only remotely jovial one of the bunch is the Life Leech and the Chaos Spawn should’ve really been something of Nurgle’s creation as a Spawn typically tends more towards The Changer of Ways for a demon

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
nah they're still norscans, they're also all about killing you southlanders and taking your stuff cuz vikings

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I made a video with all tomes and grims in all 13 maps. Timestamps on the description.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gamerofthegame posted:

nah they're still norscans, they're also all about killing you southlanders and taking your stuff cuz vikings

I don't really see the Norscans as dirty shirtless people that attack you with blacksmith pointy sticks though.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Skypie posted:

I thought "wutelgi" is just literally "wood elf" or does he call her something else in dwarven?

Yeah. Wut, though, means very good wood, the only kind that dwarves would build with. Bardin's even pretty nice to Kerillian.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It'd be cooler I think to have had Beastmen and Plaguebearers instead of Norsemen

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shoehead posted:

It'd be cooler I think to have had Beastmen and Plaguebearers instead of Norsemen

I want to fight demons god drat it

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanks for this. Much better than the other guide I've seen. Still holding out for an eventual mod, but this is great in the meantime.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I think a Wolf Priest of Ulric would be a good choice. It would fit with the Norsca theme and have cool interactions with the other characters. Mechanically it would also bring in a Holy caster.

For subclasses maybe a wolfskin berserker type and a dude that throws axes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
are ya'll just spitballin here or did Fatshark say something about a new DLC hero?

and yeah, now that I've played all the maps and seen all the enemies, I'm kinda bewildered that there are no Daemons of Nurgle. come on guys, how could you?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

We're gonna get an Unclean One as the boss of a DLC map at some point

book it

Chaos are a good addition

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I like the addition of chaos. They feel more dangerous and, at least in my experience, require a bit more finesse to deal with than the Skaven. Chaos warriors are also tough enough, or at least hearty enough, to be an unwelcome sight. As it stands, the only specials the rats have that really bug me are the plague priests. They're worse than berserkers and have a tendency to clump around you really quickly. Still taking me a while to get use to the game, though, since the change in speed has had quite an effect on my playing ability it seems.

Still not sure about shields either. They're overly tough to get around, but man are they annoying during hordes.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Is mace and shield worth it on the soldier when playing with pubbies? I like the glaive because it has long reach, does decent damage and helps with crowd control, so I'm a bit hesitant to give all that up and take on a more specialized role if the rest of the team can't be expected to reliably play along.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
At what level/hero power should I dump all my scrap into upgrading my weapons to orange?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Kind of funny how many little mechanics went unknown to people. There's a thread on the poopy subreddit about the little follow up attack you can access when blocking and there's literally people who play on legend who had no idea it existed :X

Speaking of oddities. I had a group yell at me for not having the team wide regen on waystalker. Is that talent actually good at all? I tried it briefly and it seemed to regen very very little. They were horrifyingly bad anyway.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 13, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

At what level/hero power should I dump all my scrap into upgrading my weapons to orange?

You can do it around lvl 12-15 easy to keep all oranges. Since power from items is an average of all slots you can use some items really below the lvl they drop for you. You can also just wait for blues to upgrade to orange and save the material from crafting and doing all of the upgrades.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Aww yiss. Looking forward to them clean skin and bigger boobs n' butts mods in April! Jokes aside (but really, those will show up at some point), I'm curious to see what kind of stuff they do with the characters. Kerillian's VT1 outfit is so much better than her VT2 stuff it's not even funny. Luckily the other characters didn't get short-changed in that category and Bardin got a straight upgrade.

uber_stoat posted:

are ya'll just spitballin here or did Fatshark say something about a new DLC hero?

and yeah, now that I've played all the maps and seen all the enemies, I'm kinda bewildered that there are no Daemons of Nurgle. come on guys, how could you?

What will that character be? As my knowledge of the warhams comes from Total War and the dead MMO, having a high elf would be neat. Or a Bretonnian knight. But that seems like it would be tough and probably cost money since there's a lot of banter between the characters.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Rascyc posted:

Kind of funny how many little mechanics went unknown to people. There's a thread on the poopy subreddit about the little follow up attack you can access when blocking and there's literally people who play on legend who had no idea it existed :X

Speaking of oddities. I had a group yell at me for not having the team wide regen on waystalker. Is that talent actually good at all? I tried it briefly and it seemed to regen very very little. They were horrifyingly bad anyway.

I've been in games where after a bad run everybody had white health to the point that they would die instantly next down. Does the trait negate that?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Is mace and shield worth it on the soldier when playing with pubbies? I like the glaive because it has long reach, does decent damage and helps with crowd control, so I'm a bit hesitant to give all that up and take on a more specialized role if the rest of the team can't be expected to reliably play along.

Haven't gotten around to Kruber just yet, but I'd be interested in this as well (although, more interested in SnS, since that use to be my Kruber main).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mace and Shield/Hammer and Shield feel an awful lot better than they did in VT1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I initially tried Saltzpyre until I realized I didn't care about unlocking his subclasses, so I've switched to Kruber. Let me say this to all Krubers: use the Halberd.