Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Lol what’s Empire in Flames? The only maps I’ve seen so far are the farm one and the bell one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm going to assume, based on the winning in green circles, Too Shy Guy was probably Audish?

I'm hesitant to call level 17, 20, and 13 players newbies.

Oh wow, I totally missed that.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Pirate Radar posted:

Lol what’s Empire in Flames? The only maps I’ve seen so far are the farm one and the bell one.

Empire in Flames is the burned out town in Ussingen with a cart full of explosive barrels running into a mansion at the end.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Haven’t seen it yet, then.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Too Shy Guy posted:

I will never again in my life play Recruit

They literally did not know how Empire in Flames works, I had to lead them everywhere

How

It's baby mode what the gently caress do you expect

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
My gear level is still pretty trash but I will level new heroes on vet anyway because it doesn't make enough difference in my experience.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
For those worried about the added difficulty presented by Grims, I'd highly recommend getting Curse Resistance on your trinket slot and Bonus Health on your neck. A player with maxed values on both will have virtually double health (97% higher health, to be exact) after getting both Grimoires.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ugh, gently caress Chaos and their stupid loving skating bullshit. Nothing like getting surrounded by even the lighter Chaos dudes while they're technically five steps away yet still able to loving hit you for six.

Also I feel like pushing is worthless against a Chaos horde in the beta, likely because of skating as well but mainly because I feel like the power nerfs made pushes with anything less than a shield ridiculously weak.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

Ugh, gently caress Chaos and their stupid loving skating bullshit. Nothing like getting surrounded by even the lighter Chaos dudes while they're technically five steps away yet still able to loving hit you for six.

Also I feel like pushing is worthless against a Chaos horde in the beta, likely because of skating as well but mainly because I feel like the power nerfs made pushes with anything less than a shield ridiculously weak.

Fatshark, let Kruber have a halberd/shield combo. He's man enough to wield a 2hander in one hand!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

You're better off finishing the level as quickly as possible because that already gets you 625 exp.

For real? I joked about this being a thing because everyone in pub games usually seem like they're all racing for first place in the Old World's Worst Foot Race, but if this is actually a thing why isn't it tabulated in the score screens somewhere?

Or is that what Renalds Gift actually is?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

AndyElusive posted:

For real? I joked about this being a thing because everyone in pub games usually seem like they're all racing for first place in the Old World's Worst Foot Race, but if this is actually a thing why isn't it tabulated in the score screens somewhere?

No and no. If you just want to level it's more efficient but everyone wants more scrap in the long run. Wasting like ten minutes on a jump puzzle can be annoying though but the context here was someone getting whiny over losing their health potion slot to a tome.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

nah, I think the guy was just saying that if there's an option between getting all the books but failing or skipping some books and succeeding, it's better to just succeed at the mission since the base experience you get is more than what you get for failing.

As for Ranald's, I don't think it's tied to completion speed. It's just a literal dice roll because I've been in groups where someone gets a little tick and I get a full bar. That said, I swear Ranald's gets worse if you're pick up loot dice and it drives me insane.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm fine with the cleave changes but the stagger changes in the beta are the dealbreaker for me. You can stagger so much less poo poo at power level in the 400s on champion and it feels terrible

Imo, just stay on the main branch and level up as many characters evenly as you can before the imminent Great Nerfening

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Renauld's gift is a bad joke.

Renauld's Gift. :v:

Skypie posted:

Fatshark, let Kruber have a halberd/shield combo. He's man enough to wield a 2hander in one hand!

I'd rather he get dual greathammers.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Arghy posted:

Got my first hat, its a beany for ranger bardin and its loving ugly as sin. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350041502

Aww, I like it, he looks like a little dockworker.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rascyc posted:

No and no. If you just want to level it's more efficient but everyone wants more scrap in the long run. Wasting like ten minutes on a jump puzzle can be annoying though but the context here was someone getting whiny over losing their health potion slot to a tome.

I'm OK with picking up tomes, but it does annoy the hell out of me when we're 20% into a mission, the group has already almost wiped twice and some idiot insists on picking up grimoires.

Like, no dude, we can barely do this thing with full HP and you want to make it even harder? gently caress you.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

I'm OK with picking up tomes, but it does annoy the hell out of me when we're 20% into a mission, the group has already almost wiped twice and some idiot insists on picking up grimoires.

Like, no dude, we can barely do this thing with full HP and you want to make it even harder? gently caress you.

I played an Athel Yenlui map a few days ago where it took us nearly 20 minutes to reach the rat bunker. The elf had died twice, Sienna was on bleedout, and the dwarf insisted on picking up the grimoire. Then a troll spawned and killed everyone. Might be one of the worst rounds I've ever played

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Digirat posted:

I'm fine with the cleave changes but the stagger changes in the beta are the dealbreaker for me. You can stagger so much less poo poo at power level in the 400s on champion and it feels terrible

Imo, just stay on the main branch and level up as many characters evenly as you can before the imminent Great Nerfening

I've already maxed out the guys I use; just that I actually do want to play ratbash without pubbies sticking to the meta script.

Bah, I'm also just frustrated because every game tonight has gone to poo poo because of bosses and Chaos hordes. Probably could go for a few more tries before waiting for the patch to come out for realsies so I can actually get into games constantly instead of waiting for the Asians who actually got the beta to start games.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah this is generally worst stuff I deal with in terms of pubs. Especially tough on days where the game seems to only want to put you in skittergate games.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

Yeah this is generally worst stuff I deal with in terms of pubs. Especially tough on days where the game seems to only want to put you in skittergate games.

i havent unlocked skittergate yet (haven't finished into the nest) but im happy about it, based on the complaints ive heard

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

i havent unlocked skittergate yet (haven't finished into the nest) but im happy about it, based on the complaints ive heard

I thought finally beating Halescourge on Champ would be an accomplishment...it was not

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah the insistence of grims no matter what by pubbies is the number one killer of matches, the second being the pub allstar who runs forward at full speed to try to speed run the map regardless of how far ahead they are or what’s happening with their team.

I’d say make it so you can’t pick them up unless everyone’s health is at a certain threshold but that would just mean as soon as grims can’t be picked up pubbies would just ditch a match so really the only way to solve the issue is to not play with pubbies

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 2, 2018

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Skittergate isn't quite as bad since they've cleaned up a lot of the bugs, but it's still kind of a slog. Boss missions need to give something extra and Skittergate should probably reward double boxes or something.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah the insistence of grims no matter what by pubbies is the number one killer of matches, the second being the pub allstar who runs forward at full speed to try to speed run the map regardless of how far ahead they are or what’s happening with their team.

I’d say make it so you can pick them up unless everyone is a boss a certain threshold but that would just mean as soon as grims can’t be picked up pubbies would just ditch a match so really the only way to solve the issue is to not play with pubbies

The amount of times I've had to say "Dude, unless you're 100% confident we can beat the boss with low health just drop the grim" is countless.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bonus points if you get attacked by several hordes while they spend 15 minutes trying to trickjump their way towards a grim

That one in Empire In Flames is awful for this.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Kitchner posted:

The amount of times I've had to say "Dude, unless you're 100% confident we can beat the boss with low health just drop the grim" is countless.

Chaos often ensnares the weak-minded.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah I really hate how a group barely survives a horde and then someone immediately grabs the grimoire. On Halescourge.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Bonus points if you get attacked by several hordes while they spend 15 minutes trying to trickjump their way towards a grim

That one in Empire In Flames is awful for this.

yeah, so is the grimoire in Convocation of Decay. You have to hop up the rocks, then onto the ledge, then wander through the upper level to get it.

Also the first one in War Camp sucks because the jump onto the fence post is really fuckin finnicky.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Into the Nest is the big annoyance for me. It's super long and has a prick of a boss at the end.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The windmill grim tells you a lot about a person

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Digirat posted:

The windmill grim tells you a lot about a person

You mean in terms of how they round the structure? Because only fuckin idiots go left

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

enraged_camel posted:

Into the Nest is the big annoyance for me. It's super long and has a prick of a boss at the end.

Into the nest's boss is terrible when pubbing it, but really not so bad with goons. The trick is that when the boss runs to the corner and calls for help, he stops attacking unless you actively gently caress with him. Without fail in pub groups there's always that one guy who hears the add callout, kills a couple of slaverats and then runs off to go hit the boss with an axe while everyone else is still trying to deal with shieldvermin.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Honestly, I just hate that Skarrik has, like, turbo armor or something so even if you have an AP weapon, it feels like it takes FOREVER to chip away his health

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
The first one on Into the Nest is fun because its one of the few that two people really should go to grab. Everyone is used to grims being a set of trick jumps that one person can/should do, and so even though its a relatively easy jump I've had so many people get jumped by a Runner since nobody followed them. (I don't, because I almost always say that we shouldn't grab it in the first place).

Skypie posted:

You mean in terms of how they round the structure? Because only fuckin idiots go left
Pretty sure they mean about grabbing it before/after the barn fight. Also, I legit didn't know there was another way around, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Skarrik brave-strong, man-things not

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
CAT-FONDLERS!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man, I literally just got to 300 HP items, why are Chaos mobs and hordes so much more of a pain in the rear end? Did they stealth patch this or something

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 2, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how the hell do i get a closed helm for kruber? i know they exist in game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the worst grim is the second in Festering Grounds, since it’s a awkward drop to a ledge but if you gently caress it up you take a bunch of fall damage so you don’t get too many attempts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Renauld's gift is a bad joke.

Renauld's Gift. :v:

That might be the joke but Ranald, the human god of luck, was a thing in Warhammer Fantasy for a long time.