Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

greasyhands posted:

What's the one with the tits and the timers again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bogart posted:

The Holy Bible. Tyvm

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I’m still waiting for them to put Jesus in.

In other news sorry for asking a question that gets asked too much. I have done most everything posted already so I guess nothing new. I did pick up the newest The Room game though so that should do me some good. Between that and some TV shows I’ll have it covered.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Kins posted:

Safari fully supports "content blockers" on 64-bit devices, and has done since 2015. You can find these blockers on the app store. I personally use 1Blocker, but there are plenty of options out there.

I don't know about Chrome or other third-party browsers, though.

You can use a VPN blocker and it'll work universally, and even block ads in stuff like the YouTube app etc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Manticore posted:

Anyone planning to form a goon guild for Sdorica?

Yeah someone let me know if they do. I haven’t gotten too deep into the game but it’s pretty good so far.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah someone let me know if they do. I haven’t gotten too deep into the game but it’s pretty good so far.

Same -- I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

What server is everyone on? I ended up on Origin Library, but I'm not even finished with Chapter 2 yet so I don't mind rerolling if there's a diff. goon server.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

cryptoclastic posted:

I’m still waiting for them to put Jesus in.

In other news sorry for asking a question that gets asked too much. I have done most everything posted already so I guess nothing new. I did pick up the newest The Room game though so that should do me some good. Between that and some TV shows I’ll have it covered.

Battle for Polytopia is good too, a little Civ-like with a fair bit of depth. If you put it on Domination mode with a few AIs games can last a couple of hours.

xxEightxx posted:

If you know how people are getting those insane high scores, I can steamroll pretty well but don’t even come close.

I have no idea to be honest. Maximum opponents, hardest difficulty and playing well I think. The best strategy I've got is to spam ports and customs houses, pushing your stars per turn into the stratosphere. That way you can just fill the map with knights and battleships and still have more stars than you know what to do with.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Speaking of which. Does Enemy Within contain the full campaign of the original Enemy Unknown? From what I read it's the original game mixed in with new maps/campaigns.

Is this correct?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

Speaking of which. Does Enemy Within contain the full campaign of the original Enemy Unknown? From what I read it's the original game mixed in with new maps/campaigns.

Is this correct?
Enemy Within on PC/consoles contains the entire campaign of Enemy Unknown with all the content, but with all the additional content blended in seamlessly. I'm pretty sure Enemy Within iOS is basically the same, but with less and smaller battle maps than its bigger siblings.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

theblackw0lf posted:

Is this correct?

Yeah it’s the full game. Graphics are scaled down and some maps have been downsized but everything else plays the same.

The UI is a little big on an iPad Pro and the game never really took advantage of the hardware but it’s still a good game to play on the go.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

goferchan posted:

You can use a VPN blocker and it'll work universally, and even block ads in stuff like the YouTube app etc

What country are you setting your VPN for? I can confirm it not longer works in Japan for instance.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

goferchan posted:

VPN adblockers still work? I thought Apple stopped allowing them like a year ago.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Gorogoa was great. A bit short though, particularly considering the price ($9 for an hour of gameplay)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sweet, Supertype is out -- been looking forward to this

https://twitter.com/kamibox_ph/status/989032159636869121

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
It looks like a pointless exercise in frustration and guesswork. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m not paying to find out.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

it's pretty clever for 99 cents , the physics and properties of letters start to make a lot of sense when you get a few levels in

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Sdorica goons, I'm in the process of throwing together a curren laundering scheme guild and you're all invited.

The invite code is 76959e, Blazefire Library server. Maybe post about it here if you apply so I can identify strays?
I don't know how any of this works really but join Internet, give me money, and enjoy your daily wood or whatever.

The Manticore fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 25, 2018

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

The Manticore posted:

Sdorica goons, I'm in the process of throwing together a curren laundering scheme guild and you're all invited.

The invite code is 76959e. Maybe post about it here if you apply so I can identify strays?
I don't know how any of this works really but join Internet, give me money, and enjoy your daily wood or whatever.

What server are you on? I don't think you can do cross guild servers (it's early enough I don't mind restarting but on Origin Library it says invite code invalid.)

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Aerox posted:

What server are you on? I don't think you can do cross guild servers (it's early enough I don't mind restarting but on Origin Library it says invite code invalid.)

Ah, I didn't realize. I'm on Blazefire.

Looks like each server stores character and guild data independently, but nothing carries over. So a previous account wouldn't be erased, but it would mean starting a fresh one.

The Manticore fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 25, 2018

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Please get this server guild server thing sorted before I start playing.

Also, where's the best place to get Equipment Parts in titty fishing; I need to upgrade my reel.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

porktree posted:

Also, where's the best place to get Equipment Parts in titty fishing; I need to upgrade my reel.

I just started. How do I see what server I’m on?

Edit: see it. Shadow mist

Is there even an option on what server to start on?

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Piggy Smalls posted:

Is there even an option on what server to start on?

Yeah just touch server on the title screen it'll let you choose.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Tempted to get Planescape while it's on sale, does anyone know how playable it is on a smaller screen (I have an iphone SE)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're going to go blind looking at small text

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Can I make masturbation jokes itt?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

porktree posted:

They drop pretty randomly I think. I got a glass rod/reel from a treasure box but saving for a better one from the
shop.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zeeman posted:

Tempted to get Planescape while it's on sale, does anyone know how playable it is on a smaller screen (I have an iphone SE)

forget it

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Brew Town is pretty fun if a bit barebones at the moment. You run a craft brewery with most of the usual F2P sim mechanics. The real draw to the game is in its really robust label designer. You can spend hours in it trying to perfect your perfectly designed penis beer labels and it even has a tinder style rating system where other people vote on your designs.

It’s also really generous with the F2P currency. It gives a ton away for free and has this thing where the the amount of currency you get from the $2.99 option goes up the more you play and resets when you buy it. I’ve got mine equivalent to the $29.99 amount right now.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Books On Tape posted:

It’s also really generous with the F2P currency. It gives a ton away for free and has this thing where the the amount of currency you get from the $2.99 option goes up the more you play and resets when you buy it. I’ve got mine equivalent to the $29.99 amount right now.

oh poo poo something like this would work really easily on me

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

oh poo poo something like this would work really easily on me

Usually that’s a Piggy Bank mechanic as in you break the bank for what’s in it. It’s hugely successful in Egg Inc for me.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Books On Tape posted:

Brew Town is pretty fun if a bit barebones at the moment. You run a craft brewery with most of the usual F2P sim mechanics. The real draw to the game is in its really robust label designer. You can spend hours in it trying to perfect your perfectly designed penis beer labels and it even has a tinder style rating system where other people vote on your designs.

Is it anything like Fiz?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I put some more time into eternium and it’s pretty cool

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I put some more time into eternium and it’s pretty cool

Glad you came around. Were you able to resolve your audio issues?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Klungar posted:

Glad you came around. Were you able to resolve your audio issues?

I contacted support and they said it’s an ongoing bug/issue so at least I know it wasn’t on my end

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

monkeytennis posted:

Is it anything like Fiz?

The sim aspects aren't nearly as deep as in Fiz. In fact, the gameplay is more like an idle game in that regard which works fine if you're into that. The real draw is the label maker which looks simple at first until you realize all the options let you make ridiculously detailed designs. I spend most of my time messing with my labels. The ones below aren't mine, but are really good.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RRcMnPx

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

monkeytennis posted:

Is it anything like Fiz?

It's totally not. It's literally a clicker with a beer theme and a really nice label designer.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Is there a fishing club yet?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Super Hydorah by Abylight S.L.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-hydorah/id1348224049?mt=8

Anybody know if this could scratch that Gradius itch?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

JawnV6 posted:

Is there a fishing club yet?

I joined one I found on reddit, no way I’m shelling out 250k to start one.

The beer game is like Egg Inc. except with ale, I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Super Hydorah by Abylight S.L.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-hydorah/id1348224049?mt=8

Anybody know if this could scratch that Gradius itch?
It's a wonderful tribute to that era of shmups. You can grab an older, less polished Windows version of the game for free from the creator's website to see if it's up your alley. The non-free "Super" version tweaks and improves all the existing content, adds five more levels, adds additional powerups and secrets, etc. etc.