Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
resourceful combatant stacks with the natural concentration gain from dealing damage so it doesn't really change anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

On a related note: apparently the reload talent doesn't work for Kruber's longbow? At least according to reddit? Apparently it's attack speed that affects the rate at which he nocks a new arrow...

yeah, you need to think of the bows in this game as having a "magazine" of their total ammo count. you're not technically "reloading", you're just firing the next shot

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

edit: the trouble with Brace versus Volley, at least regarding BH, is it really offers nothing. You refer to shooting down Maulers when Blessed isn't up, but that's exactly what Volley triple bursts do. Much more expeditiously than Brace.

Man I did say the volley crossbow looks lame

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Needs a Van Helsing illusion imo.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Cowcaster posted:

yeah, you need to think of the bows in this game as having a "magazine" of their total ammo count. you're not technically "reloading", you're just firing the next shot

That would make sense, except that the ammo count shows 1/29, as opposed to the brace of pistols' 25/0.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

TheRagamuffin posted:

That would make sense, except that the ammo count shows 1/29, as opposed to the brace of pistols' 25/0.

:shrug:

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

toasterwarrior posted:

Man I did say the volley crossbow looks lame

Somebody doesn’t have the racing stripe volley, by Sigmar!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ironically, I think the best illusion for the pistols are the default ones, because the alternatives either have the wooden furniture extending all the way to the barrel and making the entire gun look like it's a floating stock, or have these giant knobs on the grip for bashing but mostly for looking ridiculous.

Fashiontide Is Important

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
but I like giant knobs

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

resourceful combatant stacks with the natural concentration gain from dealing damage so it doesn't really change anything.

Yeah but if you're attacking faster you're putting out more damage and getting more gain from that. Resourceful likely still generates more meter but I would expect Swift Slaying closes the meter gap enough to make it the better choice, given its other features.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

TheRagamuffin posted:

Well, for the bow, the ammunition is the arrows, and the bow only holds the one arrow. For the brace, the ammo is pistols. They're fired and discarded. I would be amused if it said 1/24, then you hold right click and it switches to 2/23.

Anyway, I guess the main difference between the bow and other weapons that have a "current ammo" count is that you can't put it away and pull it back out unloaded.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 1, 2018

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Anyway, I guess the main difference between the bow and other weapons that have a "current ammo" count is that you can't put it away and pull it back out unloaded.

This especially doesn't make sense to me, with bows. You have to reload it anyway when you pull it out, why do you have to load it before you put it away? This has got me walloped so many times as Huntsman...

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Arghy posted:

Honestly scrounger should be available on melee weapons because first, it will encourage good game play by making people melee more and second, it will allow more flexibility for ranged weapon traits. At the moment its either swift slaying or nothing because of the way damage regens your ult. Scrounger on melee would also allow way more ranged weapons to be viable on different careers..
Yes, absolutely, though that'd also tank the viability of non-volleybow weapons for BH quite a bit.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I have the game running on max settings and it runs just fine except for when Sienna does her beam staff shotgun blast that hits 50 rats, that makes it dip considerably for a couple seconds. Does anyone know what video setting that is? I figured it was particle effects, but lowering that didn't change it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Two things I noticed playing Sienna.

1. Her flame sword sizzles when it cuts rats. Like water touching a hot element and drat that is a loving sweet bit of sound design. How can anyone hate this weapon?

2. She has the best dialogue with Saltzpyre of any of the five.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Trying to get Kruber leveled to 20 is the first time I have dead-rear end Not Had Fun playing this game. Of all the cast he has by far the least ability to handle specials. Hey guess what enemy category scrubs the most runs? :haw:

i swear to loving christ j_sat is a virus. i don't want to play as anything but kerillian and saltz just because seeing someone trying to ape the j_sat shade and zealot builds without any of j_sat's technical competence is a heavy weight to carry as Just Some Guy with a hammer, a breech loading musket and a mean rugby tackle.

AndyElusive posted:

1. Her flame sword sizzles when it cuts rats. Like water touching a hot element and drat that is a loving sweet bit of sound design. How can anyone hate this weapon?

Its aesthetics are superb, I'll admit that 8 days outta the week, but if you're confused why folk hate on it you haven't gotten to know the longsword and/or dagger's attack patterns well enough.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Kruber's handgun is amazing at taking down specials, just so long as they are polite enough to come one at a time and give you time to reload the thing and they don't survive the first shot.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I'm baffled at how anyone, even pubbies, could gently caress up Zealot.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Kruber's handgun is amazing at taking down specials, just so long as they are polite enough to come one at a time and give you time to reload the thing and they don't survive the first shot.

Yeah! That's... that's kinda the thing. With him. Yep. Yes. Head, meet nail.

TheRagamuffin posted:

Well you start by using your ammo in the first 60 seconds of the game, and then continue by deciding a five second buff is PROBABLY enough to finish off the horde you charge into, and furthermore--

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

Its aesthetics are superb, I'll admit that 8 days outta the week, but if you're confused why folk hate on it you haven't gotten to know the longsword and/or dagger's attack patterns well enough.

I'll try those two out. I've just progressed from using Sauron Mace to the fire sword and got hooked on the sounds it makes. The cool fire claw she does every second hard swing is fun even though the weapon it's pretty shoddy against armor overall.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TheRagamuffin posted:

He's soo loving good and easy, i can carry even the most idiotic pubby team to victory with him almost every time--moreso than any other class.. i'm sad to hear hes becoming the new meme twitch hero tho, wasn't aware anyone else played him really, I mostly see BHs when Im not salty

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Is there much of a problem with going into Champion games with gear at level 120-ish? Veteran is killing me slowly with poor team work, dudes running half a mile out of their way to kill that rat over there or shooting the guy I'm literally swinging at just to get that sweet sweet scoreboard tally.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Knobb Manwich posted:

Is there much of a problem with going into Champion games with gear at level 120-ish? Veteran is killing me slowly with poor team work, dudes running half a mile out of their way to kill that rat over there or shooting the guy I'm literally swinging at just to get that sweet sweet scoreboard tally.
i think as long as you're at least level 15 (ideally 20 for temp hp on kill) then no, go for it. Vet is way loving harder than Champ and I'm being 100% serious. i was tryting to level an alt (elf) and went from like a 90% champ winrate to 25% winrate in vet because holy poo poo everyone is sooo loving stupid it's too painful and makes the game insanely hard.

The only reason i say above 15 is because people will give you poo poo/kicked for it often if you're below that--mostly by bad teams you dont want to play with anyways. But it happens. No one really questions anything below 20 tho because everyone has alts and poo poo by this point and you have the most important talent in the game which is Temp HP on Kill

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 2, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Knobb Manwich posted:

Try jumping into Discord and kill ratties with Goons who are a little more restrained when it comes to their desire for the glorious green circles.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

After seeing how badass unchained sienna looks with the fire mace i just can't use anything else. It's also amazing vs armor with the bop.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Xaris posted:

i think as long as you're at least level 15 (ideally 20 for temp hp on kill) then no, go for it. Vet is way loving harder than Champ and I'm being 100% serious. i was tryting to level an alt (elf) and went from like a 90% champ winrate to 25% winrate in vet because holy poo poo everyone is sooo loving stupid it's too painful and makes the game insanely hard.

This. So many nightmare stories in this game begin with "I was playing with this level 30 [CHARACTER] on Veteran, and..."

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

I don't like it because if you have any overcharge at all you're loving blinded. Put your drat hand away sienna i can't see

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I couldn't take it and started leveling my Bardin in Champ the moment I got Ironbreaker unlocked. I'm 18 on him now and I honestly can't remember losing a mission with him. It's obviously all thanks to me and my gleaming dongliz.

The only character I won't take into Champ now is Sienna because I'm absolutely wretched with her, but I haven't won a single Veteran game yet.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anyone getting Saltzpyre voice lines in their games that don't have anybody playing Saltzpyre?

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

AndyElusive posted:

Anyone getting Saltzpyre voice lines in their games that don't have anybody playing Saltzpyre?

I've had Sienna, while playing as her, thank Saltzpyre for doing something while I was playing singleplayer.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't recall that happening, but Saltz himself loves to talk to Bardin or Sienna when they're not even in the game. Best part is when he calls that character out for friendly fire. Is this how you honour the alliance etc.

Main two bugs I'm dealing with right now:

- Horde music (especially those loving drums) getting stuck in a perpetual loop, usually for the rest of the run. Can happen on any map, but particularly Convocation of Decay. No sound cues would be a good deed modifier, but I'm not a fan of it happening randomly in normal games.

- One of the characters permadies/never respawns somehow and we have to finish the run with three players. Seems to happen especially when there's a difficult boss fight or something and it takes you some time to rescue them. This actually is a deed modifier, but again it's happening in regular games, and quite often since the last few patches.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 2, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kruber always pops in to say something when you blow up the catapults on fort brachsenbruche, whether he exists there or not

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Xaris posted:

The only reason i say above 15 is because people will give you poo poo/kicked for it often if you're below that--mostly by bad teams you dont want to play with anyways. But it happens. No one really questions anything below 20 tho because everyone has alts and poo poo by this point and you have the most important talent in the game which is Temp HP on Kill

AndyElusive posted:

Try jumping into Discord and kill ratties with Goons who are a little more restrained when it comes to their desire for the glorious green circles.

Nice.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I like that Saltzpyre is not surprised that Sienna or Kerillian decided to attack him, just that they decided to attack him now.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Arghy posted:

Honestly scrounger should be available on melee weapons because first, it will encourage good game play by making people melee more and second, it will allow more flexibility for ranged weapon traits. At the moment its either swift slaying or nothing because of the way damage regens your ult. Scrounger on melee would also allow way more ranged weapons to be viable on different careers..

I think this would be good too, but would have to work differently than the ranged version, as you would get ammo way too quickly.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

TheRagamuffin posted:

This especially doesn't make sense to me, with bows. You have to reload it anyway when you pull it out, why do you have to load it before you put it away? This has got me walloped so many times as Huntsman...

i don't know if this is :thejoke: but it's part and parcel with the way the attack speed/reload speed works for bows we were talking about up the page. you're not "reloading" the bow, you're just completing the attack animation for the bow which involves nocking another arrow

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
So I finally convinced my regular group to make the bump up from Veteran to Champion last night, and things were going just fine. There are only three of us, so we had to rely on a pubbie to fill the fourth slot. We get a quickplay Skittergate, and since none of us is playing elf we naturally get an elf for that pubbie wildcard. He's not too great, went down the most, but we get by and clear the level to make the post-boss victory run to the elevator. We're all on temp health due to a sloppy boss fight, but hey, we did it, right? Back pats all around!

Alas, the elf's natural urge to indiscriminately murder fleeing slave rats powerfully asserts itself at just the wrong time. Three rats are in front of me, posing no threat, and what do I hear but a "FOR KURNOUS!" and a trueflight volley slams into my back, killing me instantly. The salt in the wound is the group didn't wait around for me to respawn.

Elf. Elf never changes.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

Elf. Elf never changes.

Why would you change her? She's a free spirit, you can't hold her down.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
That's why she cheers when the cart gets free in dreisdunkel mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011