Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sorry that took so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

For the record, that puts Yami at -1.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm going to switch to ##unvote ##vote moat sorry moat but i have stronger town feels on yami

would happily switch back to asiina but i'm guessing that won't happen

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

Would you like to summarize your case on BK? I'm not feeling Keane, which is weird because I usually feel Keane as scum. But the fact that Keane is not pinging me is really weird.

Keane I should actually place below Phoenix, more onto BK though...

BottleKnight posted:

LIFE is wishy washy PODIMA

Could you explain how that quoted AS vote was meant to stifle discussion? It was a pretty clear-cut D1 vote to me.

Regarding a yami case on asiina. Seems like BK tries to discredit yami without much reason, picking a fairly weak point in the case.

Then shifts focus towards moat again with a really not that case citing Pods case and displaying some clearly fake frustration.

Just looks like a try hard to me. Nothing concrete, but worst gut feel in this tinfoil scenario where scum are pushing out Yami or allowing Yami to be pushed out before they wake up

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Now the counter point to my tinfoil is that scum aren't voting or are voting elsewhere because Yami is scum. Going to look at context.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm going to switch to ##unvote ##vote moat sorry moat but i have stronger town feels on yami

Hmm this poo poo looks scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Now the counter point to my tinfoil is that scum aren't voting or are voting elsewhere because Yami is scum. Going to look at context.

Hmm

Atomic Soda posted:

Hmmmmm.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It does make sense AA.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Keane I should actually place below Phoenix, more onto BK though...

Regarding a yami case on asiina. Seems like BK tries to discredit yami without much reason, picking a fairly weak point in the case.

Then shifts focus towards moat again with a really not that case citing Pods case and displaying some clearly fake frustration.

Just looks like a try hard to me. Nothing concrete, but worst gut feel in this tinfoil scenario where scum are pushing out Yami or allowing Yami to be pushed out before they wake up

aa i am honestly not parsing some of this case and its almost 2 hours past deadline so if both of us make it to d3 im just gonna say let's talk about it then

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote ##vote yami

I think AS is trying to protect a scum mate here. Her most vote comes with no conviction on a vote that probably would get secured. Yami is probably the right choice.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
why is that scummy aa?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

aa i am honestly not parsing some of this case and its almost 2 hours past deadline so if both of us make it to d3 im just gonna say let's talk about it then

Deadline is graciously floating

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

##unvote ##vote yami

I think AS is trying to protect a scum mate here. Her most vote comes with no conviction on a vote that probably would get secured. Yami is probably the right choice.

Would not*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 2 Votecount :c:

Yami Fenrir (7): Moatillata, Podima, IcePhoenix, CCKeane, BottleKnight, IllegallySober, -IllegallySober, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam
Moatillata (2): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight, Monathin, -BottleKnight, Atomic Soda
Asiina (1): Yami Fenrir, Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
Atomic Soda (0): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober

Not Voting (3): Asiina, GeneX, IllegallySober

:h: With 13 players alive, it took 7 votes to be executed.

======================

The students on the second day settled on Yami. This day felt just as short as the previous one, only even worse, because many had trouble sleeping the night before, so they were cranky as well as tired. They decided that the kooky foreigner was a safe bet. Alas, again, they were wrong; their prejudice had clearly blinded them.

:s: Yami Fenrir, Jin, Stranger (town-aligned miller), was executed day 2. :s:

Night actions. Don't worry about rushing; the thread likely will not be open again until Sunday morning.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I r cuncussed. I hpe lokk ugh me no feel good

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hullo

I make apologize for the long night. I don't apologize for doing it, but I do apologize for the inconvenience.

(" 'sorry you're mad' is the worst apology ecco! you'd be better not apologizing at all!" yeah well)

anyway on with the show

The students awoke the next day to find that Keane, a beloved bruiser and thrower of balls that others had to dodge, was murdered. He was stabbed repeatedly with a knife; the dagger still sticking out of his chest. Checking his room revealed books on magick, and, more specifically, translations of runes he found in the basement of the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper. His handwriting is hard to make out, but what is clear is the ultimate conclusion: that the group of students were being plagued by vengeful spirits, the ghosts of those sacrificed for the Viper, and these spirits were possessing the bodies of the living to enact their revenge.

Crap.

:s: CCKeane, Titian, Wizard (town-aligned cult cop), was stabbed to death night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3.
:h: With 11 alive it takes 6 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Wednesday, May 9th, ~11PM EDT.

(This week will have normal deadlines again. Thank you for your patience.)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SalTheBard posted:

I posted before the thread was in daytime, ha ha ha hilarious

if anyone posts after night or before day ever again they will be instantly modkilled.

thank you for your time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I apologize. Saw thread open but didn't double check.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nirvana's rape me but with the lyrics replaced to cult me

Lucy talking to Ricky but instead she whines "awww but Ricky, I wanna be in the cult"

A panel of chefs judge my meal and then tell me "culted"

I stand before the president of the United States and he looks me over and says "you're culted"

Depeche mode echoing, intoning "reach out and cult me"

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Cult me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was role blocked again.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ty Sal. This is largely indicative of effort-casework, though I'm not clear on why you criticized Yami for meta reads when you yourself mention that you also referenced meta reads earlier in the game. It's weird!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Lucy talking to Ricky but instead she whines "awww but Ricky, I wanna be in the cult"

I stand before the president of the United States and he looks me over and says "you're culted"

For the love of god Moatressor, it's time to stop shitposting and start scumhunting!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

Cult me

This is also not good as a way to start out the day, even if you just replaced in you've had the whole night to read poo poo over. Who scum?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

For the love of god Moatressor, it's time to stop shitposting and start scumhunting!

I'm getting around to it but I couldn't let my desire to be culted go unsaid

Do you think Sal is scum? Why do you think keane was the target? Do you think the cult cop is a red herring like last game?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Glad to be alive in this game, not so glad to have had my car spring a leak on the freeway (again) and be towed to the shop. I'll be back in the morning, hopefully with fresh eyes.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Podima posted:

This is also not good as a way to start out the day, even if you just replaced in you've had the whole night to read poo poo over. Who scum?

I haven't read anything before I replaced in because I'm lazy, but in the last ~4 pages, things that stood out as possibly bad, to varying degrees:

- Don't love how you're asking other people to do stuff/criticizing cases without making more yourself than a barebones one on Yami, though your questions have been generally good/relevant/productive so I'm not exactly running super hot on any suspicion of you
- Don't like moat popping in to vote for flipped miller yami with "I think it's a gambit" as justification (which...no?), or the thing moat posted that beek quoted which is, in total, flinging a small bit of dirt at you and metareading 2 people as town
- AS is extremely lacking in reads, reasoning for said reads, and basically anything else at all besides a persistent call on Asiina that I frankly don't think deserves the exclusivity she's giving to it. Also the last minute jump even farther away from Yami is bad given his flip.
- IS has very easily changed opinions and really shallow reasons for his willingness to vote for your old lurker list + more
- I don't like this AA post, feels like a last minute attempt to disengage from an imminent town-lynch and then here a jump back on at any sign of it abating. Obviously don't think he's scum with AS, but I'd bet that one of them is.

Some good:
Think phoenix is town b/c he claimed miller-equivalent flavor which seems really weird for scum to ever do, beek's spreading out a lot of suspicion but generally interacting with the game on a bunch of facets (scumhunting, evaluating other cases, talking through other suspicion) which makes me like him a fair bit, Sal just sounds utterly confused by the concept of a miller fakeclaim and I get the sense from his persistence that it's genuine + lol at scum making a giant case on the already almost certain lynch target

##vote Moat

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:ghost: "Please don't turbo me while sleeping", he said, turboing me while sleeping... :ghost:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'll miss you yami

shame shame shame

GeneX posted:

- AS is extremely lacking in reads, reasoning for said reads, and basically anything else at all besides a persistent call on Asiina that I frankly don't think deserves the exclusivity she's giving to it. Also the last minute jump even farther away from Yami is bad given his flip.

##unvote ##vote yami

hooray!

genex can you expand your thinking re: my move further away from yami being bad?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Oh dear sweet pod, I really hope you are scum in this game

I do not like your posturing and you are acting like you don't know me as a poster and also like mafia is performed in a vacuum.

There is a ghost in the machine pod.

Your push against me is perfunctory and mechanical and I do not like it. Also you basically are omgusing me but really packaging it like you are not

Also I have a secret theory that is very :tinfoil: and I don't think would go over well

As for soda, basically I am expecting more caution from her considering her last scum performance (sorry soda) and I'm not seeing it and it satisfies me that she is town atm

AA posts in a way that makes it impossible for me to tell because he so often is wrong (Sorry aa) I like his engagement atm and so I am less inclined to go scum for him

hi moat how are you feeling about pod, and do you feeling sharing your :tinfoil: theory now?

also

Moatillata posted:

I think ninth was murdered bc of his PR

Which is p funny to me

then you say

Moatillata posted:

I think Yami's claim is a gambit

Also I don't really agree with his(her?) Cases

##vote yammi

Please don't turbo me tonight I am gonna be out and unable to defend myself

Can someone look up who was complaining about TNLs PR bc they are probably scum too

this is what i found

Podima posted:

The last time TNL went all-in on RPing for no good reason, it was so he didn't have to fake opinions as scum. (Mary Celeste mafia) ##unvote ##vote TNL

it's weird (ie scummy) that you alluded to this but didn't specify, esp since you have been on pods case and vise versa. max even called him out for it.

Max posted:

Podima not reading every single bit of flavor.

Shame

##unvote
##vote Podima

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi pod i wanted to ask about something. i didn't really want to revisit this lol but oh well

this was posted after my first explanation to tnl re: my vote on you

Podima posted:

Don't love how you dropped the vote and waited to explain it till asked, but at least you had the explanation ready even if it's a weak one. (P.S. I've said the same thing about millers in previous games, pretty sure. I find instant claims exceptionally boring gameplay.)

AA's post was difficult to follow in the first place (though apparently others read it more easily than I did) and I'm still not sure I like it. Looking back again, he mentions Max a couple times but never makes an alignment call on him.

asiina voted for me after this post.

you responded to sober re: his vote on me as well

Podima posted:

Hmm thank you but:

She didn't say my miller post was a good idea but negatively phrased, she said miller claims were a good idea and that I was throwing negative light on Yami doing so. (Which is true but only in the greater meta context that I find first post miller claims boring, from a this-game perspective it's fine and good that they did that because it's valuable information in an Eccogame.)

Also she did cover why she thought you were suss at a later point after asked. Vague justification but it's justification.

tldr she has a bad habit of making reads without providing justification at the time which I would appreciate if she cut out, but I'm not sold enough that it's scummy to push for it today. I refer you back to the player who has made no such reads all game and is coasting on nothing more than an evolving jokevote as a worthy alternative.

but here you say

Podima posted:

I don't care for it that much, but was holding back so as to see others' unvarnished opinions. Nevertheless, here:

A night passed in between the two posts you call out. Changing opinions overnight or with time isn't unreasonable.

She said why it was bad, because AS didn't say why I'm scum (which is accurate). Cases don't have to be long and flowery to be valid. Also, she expanded on it to prove that there was additional thought behind the statement, which is fine with me in my book.

I'll give you all of this as valid, but at the same time no reason has been shown in thread to doubt the cop claim. We even have a claimed miller - you - to give it additional validity by your very existence. (Yes, an Eccogame could have millers without cops, but eh.)

It's not the slam dunk that you're framing it as.

there are a few days between these posts, but i was wondering if you could let me know why your view has changed, or why you think my explanation or justification doesn't say why i thought you were scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

I haven't read anything before I replaced in because I'm lazy, but in the last ~4 pages, things that stood out as possibly bad, to varying degrees:

- Don't love how you're asking other people to do stuff/criticizing cases without making more yourself than a barebones one on Yami, though your questions have been generally good/relevant/productive so I'm not exactly running super hot on any suspicion of you
- Don't like moat popping in to vote for flipped miller yami with "I think it's a gambit" as justification (which...no?), or the thing moat posted that beek quoted which is, in total, flinging a small bit of dirt at you and metareading 2 people as town
- IS has very easily changed opinions and really shallow reasons for his willingness to vote for your old lurker list + more
- I don't like this AA post, feels like a last minute attempt to disengage from an imminent town-lynch and then here a jump back on at any sign of it abating. Obviously don't think he's scum with AS, but I'd bet that one of them is.

Some good:
Think phoenix is town b/c he claimed miller-equivalent flavor which seems really weird for scum to ever do, beek's spreading out a lot of suspicion but generally interacting with the game on a bunch of facets (scumhunting, evaluating other cases, talking through other suspicion) which makes me like him a fair bit, Sal just sounds utterly confused by the concept of a miller fakeclaim and I get the sense from his persistence that it's genuine + lol at scum making a giant case on the already almost certain lynch target

##vote Moat

Regarding your comments directed at me, how nice of you to exclude everything I posted in between my speculation and ultimate vote that was contingent upon play in that last hour and my own suspicions.

I'd vote moat for other reasons that I've explained, but you seem like you're reaching here....

But there are bigger fish to fry, which ultimately does lead me back to moat... Coming up in a big post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Grab your nearest foil rolls and begin layering it on your domes folks, it's conspiracy time:

Keane was a cult cop
Now it may be WIFOM, but if there's a cult in this game, given the flips, that means there are likely 2 cultists and a cult recruiter active in the game.

4 town players have flipped.

11-3 cultists

8 players left

Minus unspecified number of scum.

Means we are probably dangerously close to end game.

Also the nights had different kill flavors. Someone died of magic that aged them significantly and the other was stabbed to death.

Flavor is usually bad, and in an ecco game where trickery is not only expected, but commonplace, but if it is not WiFOM, that means there is an active growing non-town team, and an active scum team.

Now I'd say avoid flavor altogether, that the night kill flavor has no correlation, but consider that Keane was a Wizard himself and the cult cop.

He was also a masonry member and had suggested early on that he had good reason to believe there was a 3rd Party.

Now I come back to MOAT:

Moatillata posted:

This poo poo post in particular, in a series of poo poo posts, pings me because it sounds to me like a smarmy admission of guilt. Innocuous in the context of all his posting, but with a cult cop flipped and his lack of contribution to the game up to this point... I wouldn't be surprised if Moat was a Cult Recruiter

##unvote ##vote Moat

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
As a point of contention (and a little bit of meta gaming) in the last Ecco game I played in there was a Cult Cop as well but no Cult.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

As a point of contention (and a little bit of meta gaming) in the last Ecco game I played in there was a Cult Cop as well but no Cult.

So it is intentional Wifom...

In any case I guess it can't be bothered with at this time.

Either there is a cult and it will soon become apparent or it won't.

I'd be fine lynching him for his bad content as well.

Again I reiterate my first case:
Active enough to make poo poo posts about the goings on without doing anything.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

hi moat how are you feeling about pod, and do you feeling sharing your :tinfoil: theory now?

also

then you say

this is what i found

it's weird (ie scummy) that you alluded to this but didn't specify, esp since you have been on pods case and vise versa. max even called him out for it.

I didn't mean that altho that is suspect to me, I was more talking about someone saying something to the effect that they were skipping TNLs posts

My theory is shot to poo poo now and really it was a long shot anyway. It hinged on yami flipping scum (Sorry yams)

I am gonna need to reread because I'm p much adrift and I am beginning to think that we may have a scum team of lurkers which p much sucks for us

So it is intentional Wifom...

In any case I guess it can't be bothered with at this time.

Either there is a cult and it will soon become apparent or it won't.

I'd be fine lynching him for his bad content as well.

Again I reiterate my first case:
Active enough to make poo poo posts about the goings on without doing anything.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also wrt to the case I accidentally appended to my last post:

The use of the words "bad content"... very rude AA

Also are you saying my content is worse than no content because there are 2 people with less posts than the mod (I'm not counting gene since he just replaced in)

The fact that pod is not holding their feet to the fires is confounding to me and also contributes to my suspicion of him now that I think about it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Moatillata posted:

Also are you saying my content is worse than no content because there are 2 people with less posts than the mod (I'm not counting gene since he just replaced in)

The fact that pod is not holding their feet to the fires is confounding to me and also contributes to my suspicion of him now that I think about it

Wow I did not realize that Asiina and Phoenix had posted so little. Do you guys have any contributions you would like to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Lurkers do deserve to die in a fire(jk, I like too), but at this point in the game i don't know if dunking lurkers just to clear chaff is wise given we know nothing about them. Honestly we may be boned at this point of there's a cult...

But I know your content looks bad, sorry, no rudeness intended lol, but it is, what it is

• Locked thread