Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

A militarily self sufficient Europe would own, but I'm not holding my breath seeing as Germany can't even keep a single submarine seaworthy not to mention the atrocious state of their air force.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shame on an IGA posted:

Adult Swim just confirmed they've contracted for 70 new episodes of Rick & Morty

Gross.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oh hey!

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/994691682393346048?s=19

Had to be one wackyfuck cabinet meeting.

shame on an IGA posted:

Adult Swim just confirmed they've contracted for 70 new episodes of Rick & Morty, not sure if any other show has ever been guaranteed pickup that far in advance

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/994679218356146176?s=19

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/994692603898744832?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 10, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

good dog but please use red eye remover next time

:golfclap:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yikes. I realise the reality is a long way from the rhetoric but this is not good.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

[quote="facialimpediment" post=""483976529"]
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/994692603898744832?s=19
[/quote]
I hate these stupid brokebrain fucks so much.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Lol they're really going to give us the finger on Iran sanctions

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I think this must be the lowest point in us-eu relations since wwii

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I seriously just don’t get it. The FBI is, generally speaking, staffed by good people who want to serve and protect the USA. There’s not white supremacy poo poo going down inside the FBI, so why the gently caress aren’t they trying to make cases on this poo poo?

I think it's pretty simply because conservative white people (and really probably most white people who aren't straight up left leaning) don't see it as an important problem. They're not virulent racists but they're racist or ignorant enough to think that the virulent racists are no big deal.

Also the FBI is too busy convincing and organizing literal retards to try to do terrorists attacks so they can arrest them and pretend they're actually doing something useful.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Love my chud neighbors :smith:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

Adult Swim just confirmed they've contracted for 70 new episodes of Rick & Morty, not sure if any other show has ever been guaranteed pickup that far in advance

Pretty sure the simpsons beat that if they ever contracted out more than three seasons.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think the Daily Mail is one of those unreliable papers but to further that article I posted a little while ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5709743/We-replace-United-States-EU-chief-attacks-America-turning-allies.html

quote:

As European powers scrambled to salvage the agreement today, Juncker said it was up to the EU to take on the mantle of the US, adding: 'At this point, we have to replace the United States, which as an international actor has lost vigor, and because of it, in the long term, influence.'

I also don't know if being the EU chief means anything in the real world

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/387182-white-house-official-mocked-dying-mccain-at-internal-meeting

quote:

A White House official mocked Sen. John McCain’s brain cancer diagnosis at an internal meeting on Thursday, a day after the Arizona Republican announced his opposition to President Trump’s nominee for CIA director, Gina Haspel.

Just when you think the bar can't get lower.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

DoktorLoken posted:

Just when you think the bar can't get lower.

The woman that made the joke has been IDed.

https://twitter.com/cindymccain/status/994724759874109440

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The base will defend this, same as it ever was.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Milo and POTUS posted:

The base will defend this, same as it ever was.

Just wait till he starts complementing lil Kim after the meeting and people cheer for a guy that tortured an american to death.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/994723986058727424

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Still waiting for the Ferrari/Bentley dealership his son owns in Denver to get it's doors kicked in

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ahahaha these are the fuckers who made that terrible H1Z1 game and kicked off the zombie world thing as well as the battle royale bullshit before PUBG existed with their "King of the Kill" mode (which for some reason required you to install the game again).

Both games were loving awful, and PUBG did a lot better at presenting the Battle Royale FPS game mode.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

Ahahaha these are the fuckers who made that terrible H1Z1 game and kicked off the zombie world thing as well as the battle royale bullshit before PUBG existed with their "King of the Kill" mode (which for some reason required you to install the game again).

Both games were loving awful, and PUBG did a lot better at presenting the Battle Royale FPS game mode.

also they hosed up planetside 2 i think

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't know about the source or anything but it's pretty funny just the idea of it

https://twitter.com/funder/status/994637881753919488

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

When you are a front for russian money laundering, you don't have to make good games.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

orange juche posted:

When you are a front for russian money laundering, you don't have to make good games.

RIP GSC game world, and Stalker 2.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Viva Miriya posted:

Planetside 2 was stagnant/dying and Sony wanted out of the whole general business. So, Sony sold and spun off Sony Online Entertainment into Daybreak Games, underneath the umbrella of privately-owned Columbus Nova and they put PS2 on autopilot while kinda-sorta developing H1Z1 poo poo.

Then, it turned out Columbus Nova had this oligarch tie. As juche said, smelled like money laundering. Back in 2015, Russia was still all throughout Ukraine and the Crimea invasion/annexation was a year old, so a Ukranian guy on Daybreak's staff peaced the gently caress out and all the major folks left shortly after.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Planetside 2 was stagnant/dying and Sony wanted out of the whole general business. So, Sony sold and spun off Sony Online Entertainment into Daybreak Games, underneath the umbrella of privately-owned Columbus Nova and they put PS2 on autopilot while kinda-sorta developing H1Z1 poo poo.

Then, it turned out Columbus Nova had this oligarch tie. As juche said, smelled like money laundering. Back in 2015, Russia was still all throughout Ukraine and the Crimea invasion/annexation was a year old, so a Ukranian guy on Daybreak's staff peaced the gently caress out and all the major folks left shortly after.

yeah I remember SOE being kinda bad at PS2 but I mean it had its moments. Their community outreach lady was pretty chill.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

orange juche posted:

It would appear all you really need to do is make a game with tanks in it

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/ResistanceHole/status/994683064809918465

:laffo:

FAUXTON posted:

It would appear all you really need to do is make a game with tanks in it

Or boats.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Or planes

lol or spaceships and isk

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

not caring here posted:

I don't know about the source or anything but it's pretty funny just the idea of it

https://twitter.com/funder/status/994637881753919488

:fap:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I read an interesting reddit post today talking about how, exactly, a Portugese cow farmer like Nunes might have become compromised:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7jmngr/trump_dossier_firm_republicans_leaked_bank/dr83rxc/?st=jh0jw9w2&sh=0b56ddd3

Since it's insanely lengthy, here's a TL;DR:

quote:

Nunes has personal/family connections to the Portuguese Island of Lajes, which was very dependent on the US military base for their economy during the Cold War.

As the base fell out of use over the past 20 years, Nunes tried unsuccessfully to pass funding bills and get projects allocated to the island to help boost their economy.

In 20111-12, Russian sub activity increased in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico, possibly after someone leaked info to them about NATO tactics and defenses.

There is speculation that Nunes, along with some pro-Russian Portuguese, leaked this information in attempt to use the increased Russian sub activity into justify re-opening the base as a sub hunting base.

So Russia has dirt on Nunes unrelated to Trump, and he could be in tons of trouble if it comes out that he was part of the leak. ——-———-

Obviously you shouldn't actually give the idea much credit, but Nunes' massively antagonistic role in this whole thing is just so drat confusing it's nice to see a possible motive.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
lmao why the gently caress would we want to put subs there when we can put them in much better places.

edit : also its way the gently caress far away from russia, like what the christ

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I was always under the impression the GIUK gap made tracking Russian subs in the Atlantic trivially easy like....even 20 years ago. That was the whole point of it as a naval choke point

Anyone who knows details about this should probably be vague if they decide to contribute.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Waroduce posted:

I was always under the impression the GIUK gap made tracking Russian subs in the Atlantic trivially easy like....even 20 years ago. That was the whole point of it as a naval choke point

Anyone who knows details about this should probably be vague if they decide to contribute.

It's certainly easier when the Russian Navy can't afford to send their boats out to sea for extended lengths of time...or be totally sure they won't sink if they do.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Tracking modern Russian subs is by no means trivial. They are 1000% times more silent than they were even just back in the 80s. Thanks in part to them getting a copy of the machining to make the same sort of screw we use and much more so by the Walker ring.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think the Daily Mail is one of those unreliable papers but to further that article I posted a little while ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5709743/We-replace-United-States-EU-chief-attacks-America-turning-allies.html

I also don't know if being the EU chief means anything in the real world

It doesn't mean much at all, foreign policy lies with the EU member states and its not looking to change any time soon.

Also, Juncker and Merkel have both been spinning 'post-US world where europe steps up' rhetoric since the election of Trump, give or take.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I think this must be the lowest point in us-eu relations since wwii
Since the Crimean War. We were buddies with Russia then, too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
To the surprise of absolutely nobody (here): https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...m=.e8e402479683

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

When I read "higher eviction rates than the state-wide rate", I thought something around 50% more or thereabouts.

In 2017, they filed 94 eviction actions...in a complex with 112 loving units.

:stare:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Break a deal, face the wheel :shrug: don't pay your rent, get evicted.

The way they are doing it is rather concerning though, using the courts to basically charge extra money every month until people just give up and leave/are evicted and not working to establish a plan to get people back on top of their rent payments.

I will note that Hannity has not invested in any upper-middle or upper class apartments, I think probably because the odds of him being able to collect eviction fees would be less. He's a massive piece of poo poo.

It is hilariously sad that they filed 94 eviction notices on a 112 unit complex in 2017 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I can see that song being true about the DoD and State, County, and City police departments.

But the FBI? These guys have to go through an intense single scope background investigation, and they have to go through a lifestyle and counter intelligence poly. And to boot, that investigation happens every 5 years and the Poly’s are annual. You’d have to be as sneaky as a spy to be a White Supremacist and stay in the FBI. I’m not saying there aren’t racists in the FBI because there certainly are, but dues paying organized white supremacists? They’d seriously have to be the sneakiest shadiest mother fuckers to be both an Agent and a Klanner.

lol

https://twitter.com/DJLNR/status/994843577598570502

The agents may not be literally members of white supremacist groups, but white supremacy has always been a strong force in the FBI and that has not changed.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 11, 2018

• Locked thread