Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

That preview though..

Stan learning about P &E is going to be like Hank finding out Walter White..except this will happen much quicker.

And Elizabeth’s veins bulging..was that poo poo CGI or can she really do that on her own? If that was all her..that was excellent acting!

Fuckstick fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Elizabeth is not an act - Keri Russell really will kill you at a moment's notice. Those veins are real.

A favorite scene from 2 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdDrzOqo4og

Come to think of it, both scenes involve her yelling at Paige. I wonder why she hates Holly Taylor so?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Way to go father andre 🙄

E: the assassin that Liz killed was the woman from her flashbacks right? The brunette who was training her in Russia?

beanieson fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 24, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

beanieson posted:

Way to go father andre 🙄

E: the assassin that Liz killed was the woman from her flashbacks right? The brunette who was training her in Russia?

I *think* it was the woman (edit: Tatiana) that Oleg screwed over. The one who has been setting him up at the Rezidentura as revenge for him tanking her career.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 24, 2018

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I *think* it was the woman that Oleg screwed over. The one who has been setting him up at the Rezidentura as revenge for him tanking her career.

yeah looked like vera cherny to me

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Annual Prophet posted:

https://twitter.com/vera_cherny/status/999484779295748096

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I can't believe that was the penultimate episode. The finale is going to be insanely packed, maybe too much so.

howe_sam posted:

Oleg is the best man, :unsmith:
:same:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Paige you dumbass both of your parents have hosed half of D.C.
Her naivete is adorable.

Annual Prophet posted:

Yea it definitely her. Probably saw it as her chance to get back into their good graces instead of being frozen without a promotion forever.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Pastor Tim living the no snitches life.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Holy poo poo that was a good episode. I hope Matthew Rhys finally wins an Emmy even if it's for some bullshit like directing.

What a phenomenonal last season so far.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:stare: next week is going to be nuts

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"So yeah - my superior went in to talk to the FBI today. Do you think I should be worried?"

Philip: :stare:

That priest was such a dumb rear end.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

phosdex posted:

Pastor Tim living the no snitches life.

I read that scene as him basically admitting it without actually admitting it, while overtly mentioning Paige because he wants to make sure she gets out okay.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Nichael posted:

That priest was such a dumb rear end.

The way his Bishop (Or do you call him a Patriarch? I'm not well versed Russian Orthodox hierarchy) described it, he only got to be a priest because he knew a guy who knew a guy in Moscow. It's really not surprising that he didn't know the secret basement wedding between two spies would come back to bite him

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well holy motherfucking shirtballs

Oleg is best Russian

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Well, the last episode is going to be ninety minutes (obviously including commercials).

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Guys, there's a non-zero chance they flee the country without Henry, and that poor bastard comes home from the school nobody's paying for to a house the FBI have seized and stripped to the bone.

I don't know whether that's the ultimate, Aristocrats joke at the end of this show, or simply a lovely Tuesday for that guy at this point.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Henry coming home for the summer completely oblivious to the goings on would be an hilarious little coda.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I hope Stan adopts Henry and they have great lives.

Edit: I hope the, "we're going to hell," scene is an absurdly dramatic we have to leave Henry behind montage

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I think I forgot to breathe for a solid, like, 45 minutes there.

I loved Phil calling Liz and giving her the panic signal, right at the end. How long do you think they've had that code-phrase in their back pockets? And oh, poor, dumb, Father Andrei.

I can't wait until Stan finds out next episode...

Edit: I predict Claudia murders the hell out of Paige next episode, because where else would Paige go to after fighting with Mom?

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 24, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Delayed watch thread:

-We always thought Liz's passion was at this level: :ussr:, but then Claudia's at the level of :ussr: :ussr: :ussr: and Margo Martindale knocked it out of the park for her silent rage.

-"You should have known better than to lie to me." is one of the best lines in this series, because drat, it's fitting. She's about the last person on this show you'd want to cross.

-PAIGE AND LIZ hosed THE SAME GUY. :barf:

-"Hello, I won't be ab-le to make it to din-ner tonight." Get the bug-out bag, Liz.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

-PAIGE AND LIZ hosed THE SAME GUY. :barf:

No, they hosed two classmates. Tho lol, that would've been funny.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought Jackson and Paige's bf were the same person at first as well. But they're interns for two different congressmen.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Prediction: The episode ends with Phil managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

beanieson posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I *think* it was the woman (edit: Tatiana) that Oleg screwed over. The one who has been setting him up at the Rezidentura as revenge for him tanking her career.

I think the assassin was just a random soviet agent. Tatiana is a known employee at the russian embassy, so it's highly unlikely for her to be out in the field shooting people. Liz' flashback also seemed less focused on her teacher being important, more on her remembering that, yeah, her training did in fact warn her not to get so :ussr: that it would gently caress her up as a human being, and her realization that she failed to heed that warning.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Slashrat posted:

I think the assassin was just a random soviet agent. Tatiana is a known employee at the russian embassy, so it's highly unlikely for her to be out in the field shooting people. Liz' flashback also seemed less focused on her teacher being important, more on her remembering that, yeah, her training did in fact warn her not to get so :ussr: that it would gently caress her up as a human being, and her realization that she failed to heed that warning.

I agree about the teacher but the substitute assassin was definitely Tatiana. Which is pure amateur hour but makes a certain amount of sense, the conspiracy has been shown to be desperate, paranoid, and short on trusted manpower even before Elizabeth turned on them, so they go to someone who would be equally be desperate enough to do a risky hit, bolt back to the USSR and win plaudits. Obviously they're feeling more threatened by Gorbachev's reforms and peace overtures than they ever were by the US. I was still expecting Stan to bring it up to Oleg in custody and confirm it though, given she is a known quantity.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Show so good. This is one of the few shows that will cause me to have a physical, visceral reaction, but man, when Philip was talking with the priest, and the priest just casually mentioned that his boss was chatting with the FBI, all innocent and having no idea what that actually meant, and Philip then started executing his escape plan, and was scanning every single person he saw on the street, my guts were clenched. Dat professionalism though in giving Elizabeth the 'we're burned, full bug-out' message. I thought for sure she was going to torch the house on her way out.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Oleg really is the best character. Also he's had the most growth throughout the series.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

dwarf74 posted:

Prediction: The episode ends with Phil managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.

I am ready for "Better Call Oleg"

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

TheCenturion posted:

Show so good. This is one of the few shows that will cause me to have a physical, visceral reaction, but man, when Philip was talking with the priest, and the priest just casually mentioned that his boss was chatting with the FBI, all innocent and having no idea what that actually meant, and Philip then started executing his escape plan, and was scanning every single person he saw on the street, my guts were clenched. Dat professionalism though in giving Elizabeth the 'we're burned, full bug-out' message. I thought for sure she was going to torch the house on her way out.

I went back to watch that scene to see if I could spot the agent he spotted because he just started running and I did not see the tail.

I also expected her to burn the house down on the way out.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

I agree about the teacher but the substitute assassin was definitely Tatiana. Which is pure amateur hour but makes a certain amount of sense, the conspiracy has been shown to be desperate, paranoid, and short on trusted manpower even before Elizabeth turned on them, so they go to someone who would be equally be desperate enough to do a risky hit, bolt back to the USSR and win plaudits. Obviously they're feeling more threatened by Gorbachev's reforms and peace overtures than they ever were by the US. I was still expecting Stan to bring it up to Oleg in custody and confirm it though, given she is a known quantity.

My only real issue with Tatiana-as-assassin is the lack of setup. The show's been pretty meticulous up to this point about building things up to pay off later, and this was something that could've been foreshadowed with an extra scene or two. Instead, we got one appearance with dialogue from Vera Cherny, followed by one without.

Otherwise, best season yet! (still holding out some hope for intra-family fisticuffs, purely so I can justify chanting "Jenningsbowl! Jenningsbowl!" before every airing)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
At first I saw the blonde wig and thought "OH WOW THE RENEE PLOT DID HAVE A PAYOFF" lmao

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Zero One posted:

I am ready for "Better Call Oleg"

I used to want a Stan prequel showing his undercover work but yea, Better Call Oleg is much better.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

beanieson posted:

I used to want a Stan prequel showing his undercover work but yea, Better Call Oleg is much better.

I could live without seeing Noah Emmerich as an 80s undercover Nazi. Just something about the current climate.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I could live without seeing Noah Emmerich as an 80s undercover Nazi. Just something about the current climate.

poo poo I thought it was a biker gang but yea they’re probably nazis

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, I seem to remember him mentioning they were white nationalists and that it'd really hosed with his head, hence him being happy to move to the relative tranquility of counterintelligence. :smith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
All I want is a happy-ish ending for Stan, Henry, Paige, and Mail Robot. But I know none of my wishes will come true :smith:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The only one that might have a happy ending, at this point, is Mail Robot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Stan also implied that he did really horrible things to prove he was a real White Supremacist so uhhhhhh yeah let's not go there

Best For Glorious Russia to Use Telephone For Oleg is the show we deserve

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The only one that might have a happy ending, at this point, is Mail Robot.

Bad news.... Only a few years away from email...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i want Comrade Detective to have a season 2 and have an episode that guest stars the Jennings

• Locked thread