Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

etalian posted:

We started having active shooter training at work this year lol.

Trump!

I always worried about someone shooting up the place when I worked at a call center, we did debt collection for mortgages it was hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

debt collection agencies are one of the most hideously evil and unjustifiable things that exist in our capitalist economy

sorry op but you would have had it coming

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Wheeee posted:

debt collection agencies are one of the most hideously evil and unjustifiable things that exist in our capitalist economy

I know, I had been unemployed for months before I got the job also it wasn't an agency I worked for bank of America

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wheeee posted:

It's literally the reinvention of tax farming op

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

etalian posted:

We started having active shooter training at work this year lol.

Trump!

I'm suprised it took you olds that long to catch up.

I went to school post-colombine and it's been twice as common as a fire drill my whole school life

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pushpins posted:

I know, I had been unemployed for months before I got the job also it wasn't an agency I worked for bank of America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLWvu51Vk4E

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

"Become". LOL this poo poo was going on under Obama, and erry other president since Washington. And also before his slave-teeth denture havin' rear end.

Goddamn America is what I am saying.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
yesterday, the main drain in our house got blocked by tree roots and turned our basement into what you might call a TURD world country

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Congrats on finally moving out of the basement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Goons getting displaced out of their natural habitat is no laughing matter :colbert:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:drat:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dreddout posted:

I'm suprised it took you olds that long to catch up.

I went to school post-colombine and it's been twice as common as a fire drill my whole school life

Well at least it had a charge number and funny video of people throwing filing cabinets at armed shooter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1000859270739648512?s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is more of America is a first world country

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

yeah declining first world birth rates is only a bad thing to people like this

https://twitter.com/Trinityleigh65/status/1000862786459652096

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Wait, I thought the line was that minorities had the highest abortion rates, and abortion was sneaky racist genocide, because Republicans are the party of Lincoln.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Whites have always been the minority because Europe is like Asia's vestigial toe.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cant believe birth rates are declining in a country where nobody who wasn't already born rich ever expects to afford a house, or have a stable job

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

cant believe birth rates are declining in a country where nobody who wasn't already born rich ever expects to afford a house, or have a stable job

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Larry Parrish posted:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

the bitcoin of weed posted:

yeah declining first world birth rates is only a bad thing to people like this

I mean, when it reaches sub-replacement level it is a pretty big problem, as we're seeing in glorious Nihon

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

General Dog posted:

I mean, when it reaches sub-replacement level it is a pretty big problem, as we're seeing in glorious Nihon

Only because the Japanese would literally rather go extinct than give up their racism and allow immigration

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Larry Parrish posted:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Only because the Japanese would literally rather go extinct than give up their racism and allow immigration

Yeah, but isn't that also going to be us when it really comes down it?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

They could like I dunno work less?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Japan is always the go-to country when this topic comes up, but South Korea has even worse fertility rates and Taiwan is practically going to half its population size. Another country doing worse than Japan is Poland.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Nobody rawdogs in yanqui client states

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Japan is always the go-to country when this topic comes up, but South Korea has even worse fertility rates and Taiwan is practically going to half its population size. Another country doing worse than Japan is Poland.

What's wrong with poland?
I thought all of eastern Europe was bad

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Law & Justice is p fascist

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

Law & Justice is p fascist

Yeah I know that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

What's wrong with poland?
I thought all of eastern Europe was bad

Poland has poor wages but Western European prices because of the common market. Polish salaries are about 70% of the EU average, so they have little purchasing power and no welfare system to speak of. Polish minimum wage is also 1/3 of developed countries like Germany, so starting a family is out of the question if you're not at least middle class. This also creates migratory pressures for young Poles to move to the UK or Ireland where they can earn enough to actually live and maybe start a family.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Poland has poor wages but Western European prices because of the common market. Polish salaries are about 70% of the EU average, so they have little purchasing power and no welfare system to speak of. Polish minimum wage is also 1/3 of developed countries like Germany, so starting a family is out of the question if you're not at least middle class. This also creates migratory pressures for young Poles to move to the UK or Ireland where they can earn enough to actually live and maybe start a family.

Also this economic situation at least improved the number of attractive women in the UK.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i've said it before but the best economy for living in eastern europe is Belarus

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

i've said it before but the best economy for living in eastern europe is Belarus

The bennie at the factory jobs are p sweet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35837447

quote:

The rate of migration has already slowed, with Polish salaries now at 70% of the EU average, he said.

"I would like those Poles to come back," said Mr Morawiecki.

"I would welcome all Polish people who went abroad. If only they could come back, it would be a great day for Poland."

The deputy prime minister said he was "very much concerned" at the possibility of the UK voting to leave the EU in a referendum in June.

A couple years ago the Polish Deputy PM literally begged their expats to come back and take a 1/3 paycut for the sake of the nation lmao.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A couple years ago the Polish Deputy PM literally begged their expats to come back and take a 1/3 paycut for the sake of the nation lmao.

I don’t know if that’s sadder than American farmers supporting Trump then figuring out they no longer had undocumented workers to rely upon, or if the farmers still win the idiot contest.

I’m leaning towards the farmers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

british farmers voted heavily for brexit and the day after the vote realised what they'd done lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

allentown blows

tbf that is from lead paint peeling off the walls of the all the old townhouses, not the municipal water supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Ripoff posted:

I don’t know if that’s sadder than American farmers supporting Trump then figuring out they no longer had undocumented workers to rely upon, or if the farmers still win the idiot contest.

I’m leaning towards the farmers.

Tbf the labor situation for American farmers has been getting steadily worse for years. It’s not just Trump, he’s just continuing existing trends.

The result is American produce production is increasingly being outsourced to Mexico, while what’s remained in the US is more and more mechanized.

• Locked thread