Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

baby puzzle posted:

Why do you only get to spend a few seconds in the incursions? What am I supposed to be able to accomplish in that time? This doesn't make much sense to me yet.

once your build starts to take off and you get your supports and links going, you have enough time to commit genocide in the incursions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Yeah these things are tough. If your build isn't at a high performance level right now, you might just get repeatedly thrown out on your rear end. It's still worth trying, any drops you get might have those weird pyramid item mods. Incursions throw out all the loot out with you, so you won't miss anything. Get some ascendancy, get some gear, you'll get there.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I think Alva is being counted as a monster. I'm trying to clear the twilight strand in act 6, she's the only living thing left and the quest won't complete.

Edit: the problem wasn't Alva, maybe it was the tormented spirit that jumped into the boss.

ubachung fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 3, 2018

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
An invite for TG_Big_Vaaler_Brand would be neat.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

StoryTime posted:

any drops you get might have those weird pyramid item mods.
i dont think those can drop in incursions

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My first PoE league!

Invite SweepingSteel if there's still room thanks.

edit: My account name is Aberrict. Gave my character name cause I forgot guild invites are account wide.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 3, 2018

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

i dont think those can drop in incursions

Are they reserved to the boxes and boss drops then?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I went with the Duelist this league since he seemed the most Conquistador. Would a Bleed build work good with him?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

I went with the Duelist this league since he seemed the most Conquistador. Would a Bleed build work good with him?

Absolutely. The Gladiator ascendancy specifically supports bleed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

baby puzzle posted:

Does it get easier? I can't do anything... It feels pointless to go in there.

For my arc totem dude it was when I started self casting arc prior to switching to totems. I when I watched to totems I had a worse time till I got arc + totem + controlled + faster casting. Now everything in the room melts before I can get a critical from orb of storms to proc my buffs or debuff the enemy

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

can I get a guild invite on Sokratrees

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Watching the new loot box video makes me really want a basic lacerate mtx that just makes it inherit your equipped weapon effect

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Gotta get my :smug: on real quick. Got this from the temple on my arc-trapper:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

whypick1 posted:

The first couple acts I was totally dogshit at them. Around A5/A6 was when I could actually full clear them.

For me, incursions were cool at low level (acts 1-3ish) then I skipped them until I hit maps. It's not really tuned for leveling, which is fine since that's the shortest part of the game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I skipped them around A7 until maps as well since I kinda found myself 4-5 levels over...whoops.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I stopped doing them early game as I'm stubborn and started with a bow build. Started doing them again when my clear speed picked up in A4. Made a decent chunk of chaos out of them. Being overlevelled was useful for a bow starter tho.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I just beat Kitava with my Incinerate Igniter, so here's a trip report:

It's pretty much Scorching Ray again.
The End.

OK, really the playstyle is very similar, but using Ignite Proliferation means clearing is a little easier (especially against melee enemies who love to run over the still-burning corpses of their friends). Bosses were also pretty easy, since you could put the burn on them and then dodge, apply a curse, drop a Scorching Ray totem, or do whatever else while the DoT ticks. I was killing most rares with a single ignite with a four-link, so the power is definitely there. I don't know how it would do going far into maps, but it seems like it'll be plenty strong for a long while to come.

Unfortunately for me (and my alt-itis), Kitava dropped a Lycosidae, so now I'm planning a Charged Dash character. I have a question about how that works, though: I know that accuracy is rolled twice for attack crits, but does Lycosidae completely bypass the accuracy checks, or does it still do the second check after the crit? Or to put it another way, do I still have to care about accuracy if I do a crit build?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Noper Q posted:

Unfortunately for me (and my alt-itis), Kitava dropped a Lycosidae, so now I'm planning a Charged Dash character. I have a question about how that works, though: I know that accuracy is rolled twice for attack crits, but does Lycosidae completely bypass the accuracy checks, or does it still do the second check after the crit? Or to put it another way, do I still have to care about accuracy if I do a crit build?

If you have Lycosidae you do not care about accuracy. Unless there's something that gives you a bonus per point of accuracy, like one of the jugg ascendancy nodes.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Cool, thanks!

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

Is it possible to tell which variant you've raised?

Their hands glow, flames for fire, sparks for lightning, deep red for physical. Haven't actually seen a chaos one to play with yet.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm going to retool my necro for spectres to make clearing easier. Should I use those advocates? Hard to believe they gave us 90% minion damage one handers as well as better solar guards.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If I had one complaint about Incursion, it's that actually trying to connect the rooms is a huge pain in the rear end. It's extremely frustrating when Alva sends you to nothing but disconnected rooms and you can never get a stone of passage to drop in time.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

If I had one complaint about Incursion, it's that actually trying to connect the rooms is a huge pain in the rear end. It's extremely frustrating when Alva sends you to nothing but disconnected rooms and you can never get a stone of passage to drop in time.

Yeah, it's a bit annoying. At least when the pyramid goes pear shaped, you're not forced to go in there, you can just trigger the portals and run on your merry way. Lara is in every area so it's not like you're missing out on something rare. I've never felt like I'm wasting my time with the incursions, unlike some of the red beasts, or those bestiary boss portals where everything had infinity HP.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ive found that once my clearspeed started to kick in around A2, I can always reliably clear an entire incursion zone

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
As I predicted, I got to maps and bailed for an alt already. Hopefully I stick with this one. But I won't.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

ive found that once my clearspeed started to kick in around A2, I can always reliably clear an entire incursion zone

I'm not quite there yet (ssf). Do you always get a stone from a full clear?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

StoryTime posted:

I'm not quite there yet (ssf). Do you always get a stone from a full clear?

yeah, if there are doors to open you always get one, with a chance for a second

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Jazerus posted:

yeah, if there are doors to open you always get one, with a chance for a second

Allright, sounds like I have to up my game!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So far I like this league. I am only level 18 and the plan is Hierophant arc-totem, but currently self casting until I can get some gear with more links.

I got my first temple, and got lucky with some connections and had an explosives room, so was able to blast my way into Apex.... and these dropped. Help me price them please, as I have no clue but for starter gear (level 10) they seem pretty amazing. Trademacro puts the rapier at 15-28c, but the longbow at 1-2.5c. I might just give them to goons that want to use them to level with, but I'm always poor in PoE, so if they are reasonably sellable I would like to try.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m struggling in incursions with arc totems. I’m ok levelling but not spitting out enough damage to kill the boss quick enough.

Level 33ish and my totems are only doing 300dps each, and I’ve got the +1 totes perk.

What else am I supposed to do after dropping them. Besides not dying.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I finally got into maps, and oh man level 68+ incursions are kicking my rear end.

And I am not a squishy, I have ~5k effective life.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I heard something about some of the new mobs in the temple being better than solar guards for spectres. Can't seem to find any info about it anywhere online -- anyone have an idea what it could be?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Oodles posted:

I’m struggling in incursions with arc totems. I’m ok levelling but not spitting out enough damage to kill the boss quick enough.

Level 33ish and my totems are only doing 300dps each, and I’ve got the +1 totes perk.

post your character? so far everyone who has trouble with arc has super bad gear

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I tried playing at around 10pm CST last night, and it was unplayably laggy. My frame rate was locked at 144, so it must have been network lag. Anyone else have issues this league?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Oodles posted:

Are you using Selfcast + Totems? Don't skill Ancestral Bond until you finish cruel lab.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Well elemental hit sucks for leveling so I've switched to sunder with fire damage on an inquisitor and now everything explodes which is much more satisfying.

I also found a mace called "grim grinder" which is a good name but it sucked so I vendored it.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Gibbering Madness posted:

I heard something about some of the new mobs in the temple being better than solar guards for spectres. Can't seem to find any info about it anywhere online -- anyone have an idea what it could be?

Gaardean posted:

Relevant to Phantasm talk, there's new enemies that can be raised as spectres in the incursions/temple, most notably Risen Vaal Advocates (Big guys using a staff). They're casters that come in 4 different flavors: fire, lightning, chaos, and physical. This is the first full physical projectile caster spectre that I know of, so it's finally one that synergizes with phantasms (plus skellies and zombies, ie. hatred and vulnerability). They're also insane. Very similar skill set to Solar Guards, only they deal 20% more damage and have 170% more health. With Vaal Skeletons being usable and the new "minions deal 95% increased damage" scepters(/wands/staves, but who uses those?), Necros are gonna be even more OP than usual this league.

You missed it on the last page :v:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Uh, is that corruption as good as I think it is?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

So long as you don't have to kill with the hammer itself yes also gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Power creep is getting out of hand.