Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

O'Reilly and Ricochet have done a few brainbusters recently in NXT. Really just suplexes landing high on the back, but they've called them that in commentary.

Finn also weighs 125 pounds and regularly wrestles Braun Strowman so he needs something else too.

Dreamcast is a good combination of flashy and safe.

Although tbh if there's anyone that's probably fine taking Coup de Grace, it's probably Braun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dreamcast is the Trouble in Paradise isn't it?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TTBF posted:

How much do wrestling rings cost?
Random googling:
$5000+
http://www.highspots.com/c/Wrestling-Rings.html
https://www.amazon.com/How-Much-Wrestling-Ring/dp/B01FNT4MCY

Alternatively: :downs:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Wrestling-Ring

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

The fireball was because he'd just had a stroke, apparently. The original plan was the piledriver.

And it's still lame that he never got to give Cole the piledriver, which would've been the only payoff to make the heel Cole thing worth it.

Really? He talked to Jim Cornette for 10 mins+ about the Joey Ryan match and I don’t remember him mentioning a stroke once, just that it was a creative way to get out of taking the dick flip

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Aesop Poprock posted:

Really? He talked to Jim Cornette for 10 mins+ about the Joey Ryan match and I don’t remember him mentioning a stroke once, just that it was a creative way to get out of taking the dick flip

How mad was cornette at Jerry for doing that match

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

VJeff posted:

Brainbusters are allowed, you just have to be too weak to hold your opponent up for a vertical suplex.

Doesnt Adam Cole still use the brainbuster to knee move? And i think Toni Stom uses something similar

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Aesop Poprock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBpp7H-SzH8

He mentions it around the 7:20 mark.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

TheCool69 posted:

Doesnt Adam Cole still use the brainbuster to knee move? And i think Toni Stom uses something similar

it's one of his many variations of the Last Shot, insofar as he really likes the name Last Shot but what move the name actually refers to changes with the winds; it was a fireman's carry to knee-neckbreaker, then the brainbuster-to-knee, and now I think it's the shining wizard.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Newest version of the pyro malfunction: forgetful stage crew leaves their cucumber snack onstage and undertaker springs up in the air away from it thinking its a snake

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Does anyone have any idea why, of all thingd, it's a cucumber?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Before Kevin Steen came to WWE, didn't he and Lawler have a match in some Indy to see who had the best piledriver?

Kevin Steen's last match on the indies was a Piledriver Match against him, which was just "whoever hit a piledriver first, wins." I mostly remember because Jerry Lawler cut a promo for the match that was really loving good.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

SirDippingSauce posted:

Answer 1: Phobias are often irrational, and Mark Calaway is as susceptible to fear as anyone.

Answer 2: It's bullshit.

Answer 3: He's a cat. He thinks it's a snake. Set a cucumber next to Undertaker and he'll leap 15 feet in the air.

ecavalli fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 3, 2018

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ecavalli posted:

Oh hi, Mean Mark.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SirDippingSauce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_BjXzLY1k

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ecavalli posted:

Answer 1: Phobias are often irrational, and Mark Calaway is as susceptible to fear as anyone.

Answer 3: He's a cat. He thinks it's a snake. Set a cucumber next to Undertaker and he'll leap 15 feet in the air.

In the Paul Bearer/Jim Cornette shoot, Paul says it's from his parents making him eat cucumbers when he was little.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Randaconda posted:

In the Paul Bearer/Jim Cornette shoot, Paul says it's from his parents making him eat cucumbers when he was little.

And there's your motive.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

ecavalli posted:

He could also secretly be a giant bird. Probably a raven or something like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All cop callers are afraid of cucumbers.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

MassRafTer posted:

All cop callers are afraid of cucumbers.

Is cucumbers some sort of modern slang for "black people" now?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The idea of Undertaker calling the police is hilarious to me. Just complaining about a house party in his slow-rear end deadman voice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Local noise ordinance requires quiet hours from 11pm to 7am. This party needs to bring the volume down so I can rest in peaceuuuhhhhhh

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell, he's drat near 60 now. That's peak cop calling years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Digging holes in orthopedic soles.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

literally every piece of clothing he owns depicts him giving cops a sloppy beej so he must have their number

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SiKboy posted:

Is cucumbers some sort of modern slang for "black people" now?

his parents made him eat black people when he was a kid? goddamn thats barbaric, even for texas.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

literally every piece of clothing he owns depicts him giving cops a sloppy beej so he must have their number

Untrue, some of it gives bikers a sloppy beej

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

when the gently caress did wikipedia eliminate wrestling finishers from their wrestler bio pages

Relatedly, why is every wrestling article written so horribly on Wikipedia? Is there one freak who makes them all sound like a robot struggling to explain the concept of wrestling to an alien race? We know the outcomes are predetermined, dipshit, you don't have to put that at the top of every single PPV article ever written.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Relatedly, why is every wrestling article written so horribly on Wikipedia? Is there one freak who makes them all sound like a robot struggling to explain the concept of wrestling to an alien race? We know the outcomes are predetermined, dipshit, you don't have to put that at the top of every single PPV article ever written.

Endless edit wars between people who want to write pure facts about reality and people who want to write the plots of what happened on a tv show.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

elf help book posted:

Endless edit wars between people who want to write pure facts about reality and people who want to write the plots of what happened on a tv show.

Just have two sections.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I remember when we tried to have our own wiki, but people from outside SA came in and ruined it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TTBF posted:

How much do wrestling rings cost?

dont pay less than 2500 for one if you're looking at keeping it long term for a school or something. if you're starting an indy see if you can rent one instead.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
So wrestling and fighting games have really gone hand in hand at recent events, with the CEO show and the Kenny Omega / Xavier Woods stuff at E3. Are there any known plans for wrestlemen at EVO?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Ibexaz posted:

So wrestling and fighting games have really gone hand in hand at recent events, with the CEO show and the Kenny Omega / Xavier Woods stuff at E3. Are there any known plans for wrestlemen at EVO?

both woods and omega have been to evo and I wouldn't be surpised if either shows up provided they have the freedom

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think Xavier goes every year.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

dont pay less than 2500 for one if you're looking at keeping it long term for a school or something. if you're starting an indy see if you can rent one instead.

I'm not gonna start anything, I was just wondering if ring cost is why everyone in the Florida indies has to use that one wrestling school's ring.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I think Xavier goes every year.

It'd be crazy if he didn't go now that UpUpDownDown is a thing, and a fairly successful one, given how much he loves fighting games and features them on the channel.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I watched Masashi Takeda (c) vs. Isami Kodaka for the BJW Deathmatch Title from the MOTYC thread and it got me wondering, why are death matches more popular in Japan?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I watched Masashi Takeda (c) vs. Isami Kodaka for the BJW Deathmatch Title from the MOTYC thread and it got me wondering, why are death matches more popular in Japan?

Onita popularized the style and was a gigantic star drawing 50,000+ to some stadium shows. While FMW eventually died, it gave death matches a much bigger penetration in Japan than it did in the US. That kind of popularity leads to more guys doing the style in the next generation as well.