Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
We have no idea who's inside.

https://www.livescience.com/63027-mmassive-egyptian-sarcophagus-mystery.html

quote:

A massive black granite sarcophagus and a sculpture of a man who may be buried inside have been discovered in a tomb in Alexandria, Egypt.

The granite sarcophagus looks foreboding: It's nearly 9 feet long, 5 feet wide and 6 feet tall (2.7 by 1.5 by 1.8 meters). And, it may be the largest sarcophagus ever discovered in Alexandria, said Mostafa Waziri, general secretary of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, in a statement released by Egypt's antiquities ministry.

A thick layer of mortar covers much of the sarcophagus, suggesting that it has not been opened since it was buried, Waziri said in the statement. As such, the person buried in the sarcophagus, along with any clothing or jewelry they wore and any artifacts they were buried with, may still be intact, waiting to be discovered.

Also there is a featureless alabaster head

Personally I think we should open the giant black Egyptian sarcophagus, and maybe also mock the featureless alabaster head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Obviously it's aliens :beck:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
werent humans supposed to be giants in the antediluvian era

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
kurt russell?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Mumm-Ra?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Cursed image

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
*interplanetary wailing intensifies*

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
is the remnants of some x men viral marketing or something

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm actually glad it's granite and not basalt

Nothing good has ever come out of a giant black basalt sarcophagus. The record is mum on granite.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Can't wait to be killed by whatever eldritch horrors are unleashed! A+ would open again

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
It's me. I'm in the sarcophagus. Help.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
hopefully its this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpTGOepEvU&t=17s

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

That guy must be built like a brick shithouse.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

at least we know who isnt in the sarcophagus, it's not nearly large enough to hold op's mom

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Make sure Brendan Fraser is on hand when they crack that sucker open.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Phy posted:

A thick layer of mortar covers much of the sarcophagus, suggesting that it has not been opened since it was buried,

Maybe someone wanted to make sure that whatever is inside couldn't get out :cthulhu:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
If something ancient and deathless rises from this tomb and declares itself the Pharaoh of The World, I vote we give it a chance. We really can't just assume it would be worse than what we've got going now.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
If videogames have taught me nothing else, it's that 1 of 3 things are in that coffin:

1. Ancient evil that triggers the apocalypse
2. High level loot
3. A bomb

I am good with all three outcomes tbqh

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Can't wait for them to take 6 years to pry it open.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Great I can't wait to watch Trump have to nuke the great, shambling revenant of a forgotten king

Weird way to win a bet, but hey

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

If something ancient and deathless rises from this tomb and declares itself the Pharaoh of The World, I vote we give it a chance. We really can't just assume it would be worse than what we've got going now.

A vote for Pharaoh of the World is a vote for stability and good governance

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Phy posted:

A vote for Pharaoh of the World is a vote for stability and good governance

5000 years of running the illuminati from my void black granite tomb can't be wrong! the economy is safe in my cold, undead hands.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
it's a time capsule full of dated memes

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It is an egyptian goon and whatever passes for his anime collection back in the day

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Nerses IV posted:

Great I can't wait to watch Trump have to nuke the great, shambling revenant of a forgotten king

Weird way to win a bet, but hey

Nukes were given to mankind by Nyarlathotep as part of his grand plan, so he's probably immune to them.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

whatever's inside, I hope it kills us all

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

If videogames have taught me nothing else, it's that 1 of 3 things are in that coffin:

1. Ancient evil that triggers the apocalypse
2. High level loot
3. A bomb

I am good with all three outcomes tbqh

See you get everyone all excited and then when it's just some guy who's been dead for 4000 years everyone is disappointed. You need to temper your expectations.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Stay safe sarcophagus ghost.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

myDad posted:

it's a time capsule full of dated memes

Pepe-amun, god of lolz

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

See you get everyone all excited and then when it's just some guy who's been dead for 4000 years everyone is disappointed. You need to temper your expectations.

No game designer would ever put a massive black granite sarcophagus into a level, next to a featureless alabaster head no less, and have it just be some old dead jamoke inside

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's probably just a mummy.

But it might be a really goth mummy to go with the all-black aesthetic, and that'll be good too.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
It's going to be one of those giants from the Bible, here to finally own the libs.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Will its opening be streamed in glorious 4k HD?? Otherwise they may as well just bury it again.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's similar to when NASA calls a press conference and everyone is like THIS IS IT -- ALIENS! and then NASA just says "Hey we discovered that <astronomical body most people have never heard of> may have had water at some point in it's 6.8 billion years floating around <star most people have never heard of>"

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

posting from inside the massive black sarcophagus

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
As long as Geraldo is there to televise the opening I'll be happy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zoe posted:

It's going to be one of those giants from the Bible, here to finally own the libs.

dont steal my answers or im telling the teacher

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously though that's not a featureless alabaster head, it's a loving warning

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the goa' uld inside might still be alive if the sarcophagus is still powered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Strain is a documentary sent from the very near future.

• Locked thread