Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Like yeah this is someone who hasn't even started and her friends are already stirring poo poo online and outright tagging the entire org in some missplaced attempt for INTERNET JUSTICE?

Textbook example of red flags worth taking action and revoking an offer as far as any higher up ever in the history of humanity is concerned. No doubt they have a pile of other applicants just standing by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

PenisMonkey posted:

Man that old bitch dude Homer. What an old bitch rear end bitch.

"Bithc", please

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

maybe he could have tweeted that some people may take issue with her language in the same sentence as nasa instead of tutting "language" like an oul prick

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Sure but she hosed up by having such insufferable, trigger-happy friends. It's not a good look anywhere, certainly not in a highly esteemed gov org

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

luxury handset posted:

how did he humiliate her? by tweeting at her? seems like it was the viral nature of telling a top expert in your field to suck your lowly intern dick that was the problem

turns out actions have consequences

I just meant that if he had an actual problem with how she was using twitter, he could've kept it down low through dms or whatever instead of trying to publicly shame her like some tottering senior citizen wagging their finger at those drat youths. That's all. Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of someone losing a job cause they unwittingly cussed out their boss. But it appears things aren't what they seemed anyway so it's a moot point.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

oh dope posted:

I just meant that if he had an actual problem with how she was using twitter, he could've kept it down low through dms or whatever instead of trying to publicly shame her like some tottering senior citizen wagging their finger at those drat youths. That's all. Don't get me wrong, I still like the idea of someone losing a job cause they unwittingly cussed out their boss. But it appears things aren't what they seemed anyway so it's a moot point.

ah yeah it was the person who said "language" and not "suck my dick and balls" who was impolite, my bad

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

maybe he could have tweeted that some people may take issue with her language in the same sentence as nasa instead of tutting "language" like an oul prick

He could have. On the other hand, she's a goddamn idiot who probably didn't deserve to get fired for her first tweet and absolutely did for the second. Not because its somehow offensive, but because it displays such a staggering lack of awareness and judgement jesus christ how is anyone mad at Homer Hickam here

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

KingSlime posted:

Sure but she hosed up by having such insufferable, trigger-happy friends. It's not a good look anywhere, certainly not in a highly esteemed gov org

Yeah there's a lot of stupid people involved for sure I just think him searching nasa and then posting at her like that is still lame as gently caress even if he didn't demand her be fired etc. Like if I was in the pub with the lads and someone old person came over and say they heard me say gently caress during normal conversation and they didn't like it I'd tell them to gently caress off too. I guess it'd suck if it turned out they were some rando board member at the multinational I work for but sure look

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

EmmyOk posted:

It's cool he's trying to get her internship back and it was an incorrect judgment to assume he'd gotten her fired. Still an old bithc move to be searching nasa like that and moderating language like an old bitch

Take a step back and think about it; it's not just some old dude creeping on people tagging nasa; the whole of nasa likely creeps on #nasa and it wasn't a dick move to be like "I'm publicly censuring you so that you have a chance to be like 'whoops' in this chain so that when whoever manages our media presence sees this it's not such a big deal, but then you forcibly told me to put your genitals in my mouth, so... I guess I'll do what I can when you get formally reported."

E: and yeah, if she couldn't figure that out without a DM then NASA probably doesn't want her around, being a weird dick with an active online presence and no apparent ability to discern, or at very least be quiet.

mysterious frankie has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Aug 21, 2018

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

luxury handset posted:

ah yeah it was the person who said "language" and not "suck my dick and balls" who was impolite, my bad

Oh, now I see why you were confused.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mysterious frankie posted:

Take a step back and think about it; it's not just some old dude creeping on people tagging nasa; the whole of nasa likely creeps on #nasa and it wasn't a dick move to be like "I'm publicly censuring you so that you have a chance to be like 'whoops' in this chain so that when whoever manages our media presence sees this it's not such a big deal, but then you forcibly told me to put your genitals in my mouth, so... I guess I'll do what I can when you get formally reported."

nasa can eat my whole hog

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Hi my pub is Twitter and all my friends in this pub can get my boss’s attention because he/she/it is in this same really huge pub.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PenisMonkey posted:

Hi my pub is Twitter and all my friends in this pub can get my boss’s attention because he/she/it is in this same really huge pub.

I mean if my boss searched out the pub I was in specifically to see if I was chatting poo poo yeah that's still weird af. If my friends jumped up and encircled him and started yelling then that would also suck.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Im glad the furry twitter-weird lost her job.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I mean if my boss searched out the pub I was in specifically to see if I was chatting poo poo yeah that's still weird af. If my friends jumped up and encircled him and started yelling then that would also suck.

I mean, what do you do for a living? I'm not saying that as some kind of preamble to an insult, but your job probably doesn't matter enough in the right way for your online behavior to matter, so long as you're not going around being like "I'm Joe\Jane Nobody and I gently caress kids! My employer, Chartered Accounting X, endorses this stance on preferred conduct vis a vis the holes of children as well!". I know my job pretty much doesn't care about what I'm doing online, so long as they're not being asked to comment on my behavior by local news. It would be weird if our bosses searched us online unprovoked, but that's because we're not that important.

NASA is definitely going to police behavior around its name, insofar as employees of NASA go. It's a public good that wants to be mild as milk so that it can sell science and the wonder of space exploration to everyone. An employee telling people to shut the gently caress up, then telling someone to suck their dick (and balls), is not... mild as milk.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wowie zowie paul manafort found guilty on 8/18 charges (he will die in prison) and michael cohen completely handing over everything to the feds in the last hour, including that he broke the law at trump's request to influence the election

and trump is going to be live on stage in west virgina in two hours

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

luxury handset posted:

wowie zowie paul manafort found guilty on 8/18 charges (he will die in prison) and michael cohen completely handing over everything to the feds in the last hour, including that he broke the law at trump's request to influence the election

This is almost, but not quite, enough to get me to watch Trump live.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

luxury handset posted:

Mmmmmmm that's the stuff. Schad we can all agree on.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I had this song stuck in my head, so I looked up this classic for you fine folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyWcr17feeI

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

KingSlime posted:

Ahahahaha her idiot brigading friends cost her the gig

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

oh dope posted:

No. If you swear near a kid and someone says language you don't freak out nor is saying language public shame. I know etiquette is non existent since the 90's but not everyone is autistic as you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

luxury handset posted:

Cohen hasn't said it was Trump yet, just "someone running for US office", tbf

Edit: NEVERMIND GET hosed

quote:

Mr. Cohen told a judge in United States District Court in Manhattan that the payment was “for the principal purpose of influencing the election” for president in 2016.

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Aug 21, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

No. If you swear near a kid and someone says language you don't freak out nor is saying language public shame. I know etiquette is non existent since the 90's but not everyone is autistic as you.

Lol etiquette.

Like that’s a real thing.

loving Victorian era dumbass.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I can't tell who's joking or not anymore but being considerate of others and having good social awareness is actually highly valued outside of your garbage internet bubble of shitpiss and loneliness

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

KingSlime posted:

I can't tell who's joking or not anymore but being considerate of others is actually highly valued outside of your garbage internet bubble

Agreed so welcome to the Homer H8rs

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/kathrynw5/status/1032010616549134341

Straight into my veins

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

I can't tell who's joking or not anymore but being considerate of others and having good social awareness is actually highly valued outside of your garbage internet bubble of shitpiss and loneliness

Lol weirdo goons not realizing they are weird owns, maybe if you left your house it would help.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Agreed so welcome to the Homer H8rs

drat you for not capturing my sneak edits

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol weirdo goons not realizing they are weird owns

Hey shut it and go back to the switch thread where you belong!!

E: I'm disappointed in ya Charles, that's a really weak comeback. You just repackaged what I said...

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Aug 21, 2018

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Like, there's a reason why the only people that don't use fake names to be irony\weird dirtbags on the internet are people for whom confrontational, antisocial behavior is deemed normal, if not preferred, career enhancing behaviors. You know, like comedians or the president.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

KingSlime posted:

Ahahahaha her idiot brigading friends cost her the gig

That's awesome

Man what weird, hilarious future we live in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I keep seeing stuff about how people are confused or upset that strangers are seeing and commenting on their posts and I can't help but think there's a large number of people out there who don't understand that Twitter is public broadcast and not a private social network

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
who is this "Fallom" and why is he writing words on my computer screen

Get off my internet, wtf kind of poo poo is this

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I realize this question is probably best for D&D, but realistically, what are the chances some of this poo poo actually falls on Trump?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Hah, I'd like to see Trump wriggle his way out of THIS!"
*Trump wriggles his way out of it easily*
"Oh, well. Nevertheless,"

Or however that one tweet put it.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

GrandpaPants posted:

I realize this question is probably best for D&D, but realistically, what are the chances some of this poo poo actually falls on Trump?

https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1032022551835410432

poo poo is increasingly unraveling. the more of this stuff that comes to light, the more trump is just a loving liability. right now the republicans are split, plenty of them want to distance themselves from the guy but the republican electorate are absolute frothing lunatics who love trump for being a tell-it-like-it-is wannabe strongman so they have to gently lick his rear end in a top hat in public at the cost of their political careers. and the gulf between the GOP base and reality is only getting wider

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

"Hah, I'd like to see Trump wriggle his way out of THIS!"
*Trump wriggles his way out of it easily*
"Oh, well. Nevertheless,"

Or however that one tweet put it.

https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer/status/782408312730095616

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

Depends on the election in November.

If Democrats get control of the House, which is more likely than not right now, they'll impeach him and have endless investigations, but Trump will never be removed from office by Congress and he's immune from prosecution while in office.

Now, he might get forced out like Nixon if he sufficiently hurts GOP interests, and the first time that can be felt nationally is November. But for now, the GOP is absolutely more afraid of their Trump-loving base than anything. As long as that remains true, Trump will face no consequences.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

As long as that remains true, Trump will face no consequences.

no political consequences

cohen's admission leaves a paper trail to the trump org (the gov't has receipts proving they were involved with reimbursing cohen for campaign finance violations) which could lead to state level charges. for example, new york could shut down the trump org which would directly gently caress with trump's money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/AvalonVaako/status/1031874336167260160

Finally I can contribute to the Schaden thread... but I have no idea how to properly embed tweets, so you guys are gonna have to click through to read about someone burning up something they wanted in celebrating that they got it.

EDIT: Except I guess it embedded properly even though the preview didn't show it. I'm an internet genius. :v:

Having a good time lolling with the, uh, "Free Speech Extremist Furfag"