Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Well, most people don't agree with that take and found Darhk lame.

Until he went to Legends.

Specifically the Return of the Mack sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dad Joke Dahrk best Dahrk.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

That sequence was definitely a Dahrk apex, but even him hamming it up with Lescher and Barrowman was good.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

My favorite part about Dahrk will still be all the time spent railing against the Time Idiots and then, through the magic of Ray and Nate, becoming one for an episode or two.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

My favorite part about Dahrk will still be all the time spent railing against the Time Idiots and then, through the magic of Ray and Nate, becoming one for an episode or two.

My favourite bit will always be when Ray is trying to sneak him onto the Jumpship to go back and save Nora and Nate catches them and he just casually waves with the biggest smile and goes "Hi, Nate!"

Legends Darhk was a triumph and we'll never ser his like again :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'm almost finished with season 5 and I don't get how it was better than 4. Prometheus is so boring compared to Damien Darhk.

I think Prometheus is the best villain the show ever had.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

X-O posted:

Does Prometheus ever beat Oliver in a fight? I don't think he does. But he still manages to gently caress his life up. After Ra's and Darhk, it's a nice change of pace.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Does Prometheus ever beat Oliver in a fight? I don't think he does. But he still manages to gently caress his life up. After Ra's and Darhk, it's a nice change of pace.

And then Diaz never had to fight him. (For obvious reasons. :smug:)

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf posted:

And then Diaz never had to fight him. (For obvious reasons. :smug:)

You mean because he's already won??

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

X-O posted:

I thought Slade pulled the "I will destroy Oliver's life and kill him last" thing a lot better. Like, Prometheus comes out of nowhere and just happens to know everything about Oliver for no reason other than he has to for the plot to work. Slade had a season of character development and personally knew Oliver during his time on Lian Yu, then his season was about why he hates Oliver and why he's so obsessed with him. It's the same plot but done better.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chokes McGee posted:

The best part was clearly the line "OK, new guy on the team here; is that a joke plan or a real plan?"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

Better than Deathstroke? You are so high.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Deathstroke was more developed as a character, but the Prometheus guy was a much better actor. I really enjoyed his scenes with pretty much everyone.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

In my ideal version of the show, I think I would have had Slade come back in the Season 5, with the original five year plan, revealing him to be the one pulling the strings behind the curtain of all the previous season villains. Season 2 was great as is, but I can imagine a version of that plot line with even more emotional resonance with an additional couple of seasons of build up behind it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW has announced that this year's crossover is going to be called "Elseworlds" which is a callback to DC's old line of non continuity what if stories.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have a ton of old elseworld comics. I loved those issues.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Elseworlds were a real mixed bag. You had fun ones like the Vampire Batman trilogy but there were far too many that started out different but by the end everything turns out the same.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If that's the name, then it might be that they're going into another Earth and meeting Batwoman or something then

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Diaz has already won.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kirk Acevedo is cool, so good for him

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1049477734290796544

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Hopefully this new team of writers can make Diaz into an actual character and not a Mary Sue.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I predict Diaz will take the time-honored tradition of being the season's mid boss only to get chumped by whatever this new season's big villains are (presumably the Longbow Hunters teased at last season that never actually showed up). He might not die immediately but he'll be around just to show how much he hasn't already won and how these guys have in fact already won.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Now that he's a regular he's going to take up the traditional post of "untrustworthy guy who keeps mysteriously popping up out of nowhere in the control room with vital information". At some point he'll meet or maybe even appear on The Flash and will inexplicably be more jokey than he normally is on Arrow.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Diaz gained the ability to teleport into the shadows of the Arrowcave between seasons and constantly reminds people, "I used to be Ra's al Ghul a drug dealer!"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Then he'll be on Legends and be amazing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

New season starts Monday at 8, be-tee-dubs.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The season premier is good but brutal so far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was an appropriately brutal prison shower fight.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So...Time Travel?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

So...Time Travel?

or elseworlds?

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Mooseontheloose posted:

or elseworlds?

I would love it to be an alternate William or something, but I’m going with the more practical theory. They’ve already done flashbacks to death, this is probably a flash forward.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jiffynuts posted:

I would love it to be an alternate William or something, but I’m going with the more practical theory. They’ve already done flashbacks to death, this is probably a flash forward.

Either way I have no idea how these events are taking place in relation to each other and if the rest of the season goes like the premier I'm pretty sure I'll be fine! :haw:

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Chokes McGee posted:

Either way I have no idea how these events are taking place in relation to each other and if the rest of the season goes like the premier I'm pretty sure I'll be fine! :haw:

Yea. Me too. I was super glued to the tv most of the episode; probably one of best premieres of Arrow in while. Flash was pretty good, but this was schway better.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Arrow is always great when it has Oliver just beating the poo poo out of fools.

Also that ending was a great surprise, but I kind of guessed it because they both had the same hair.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I thought that was the thing this season, that we were getting flash-forwards but not from Ollie's perspective anymore. I thought that kinda made this episode (season?) unnecessarily grim, since we know that 5-ish years from now Ollie's son is going to go on some desperate search and find hermit Roy. Which means things probably don't turn out well for Ollie.

Decent start, though!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We doing the 5 year thing again?

SWEET!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think that flash forward was more than five years ahead, but who knows.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo I thought that premiere loving ruled.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

I think that flash forward was more than five years ahead, but who knows.

It was 20 according to an article I found with a quote from the showrunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Link the article please. It’s something I’d like to read.