Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sandpuppy posted:

I'm a little sad he didn't find a way to include dead Sally Field or a "The End" reference.

that benghazi panel is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's conference speech – Boris Johnson has savaged Theresa May’s Chequers plan as he made a direct pitch to the Tory faithful for his own domestic policy agenda"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Theresa May pledges end to austerity in Tory conference speech

Mail:
Mac on... Boris's wheat field jibe

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Roxors posted:

I think this was around when conservatives were flipping out about Obama not equating Islam and terrorism. I remember there was Republican outrage about how he wasn't calling terrorists Muslim extremists or something stupid along those lines.
That's still a thing. Because conservatives never let go.

Ratzap posted:

You (and the rest of the derail posters) forgot rule 1 - ignore everything Fulcrum emits. He wouldn't recognise a joke if it ran up and bit him on the arse after screaming "I'm a joke!" at the top of it's lungs.
The gently caress are you even on about, forums poster Ratzap?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Christ, it feel like brittoons have been portraying Boris Johnson's leadership challenge as imminent for like a year now, when is it actually going to happen?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pakled posted:

Christ, it feel like brittoons have been portraying Boris Johnson's leadership challenge as imminent for like a year now, when is it actually going to happen?

After brexit lmao. Nobody wants to be caught holding that bag.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Is he the first one to attack Ford directly, rather than focus on the Democrats supposedly exploiting her?
Trump has opened up on her with both barrels this week, so that’s the signal to attack.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

No, he didn't. "Ich bin Berliner" means "I am from Berlin", and not "I am a Berliner".

No it doesn't. It literally doesn't. It literally doesn't and if you speak English you should immediately see it doesn't because it's pretty close to being the same loving expression you idiot. You imbecile. You fuckwit. You literal piece of poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Did the GOP marching orders center get confused about which CT senator is up for relection this year? Because they're wasting their time with this poo poo.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Heavenly Body"

Hahah holy poo poo

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

kaschei posted:

I don't understand this format, is this a yearbook thing? What do the numbers mean?

Yeah, that's yearbook format. In a real high school yearbook, it would be a list of clubs and activities you participated in; the numbers are the years you did them (1=freshman, 2=sophomore, etc.).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

fool_of_sound posted:

And how many years until brexit happens?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

About half of one. Don't worry, May is nearly ready to start negotiating!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

No later than 23:00 GMT on March 29, 2019, unless the EU decides to give them more time

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Crazycryodude posted:

No later than 23:00 GMT on March 29, 2019, unless the EU decides to give them more time
Keep in mind that the EU has no real incentive to do that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

fool_of_sound posted:

By that logic, he shouldn't want the job after brexit either. It's not like things are going to be poo poo for a week then get back to normal, Brexit will leave the UK lastingly, and probably permanently, hosed, with no real option to ever repair it.

Even if he steps in now, theres so little time to go that May still takes all the blame.

Pants Donkey posted:

And every incentive not to.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Pants Donkey posted:

And, if anything, the EU has an incentive to let Brexit gently caress up as massively as possible to scare off anyone else who’s seriously considering following suit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tenebrais posted:

About half of one. Don't worry, May is nearly ready to start negotiating!

Oof, this is going to end in a curbstomp isn't it?

Crazycryodude posted:

Everything I've heard from the EU indicates this isn't going to happen. My understanding of the situation is that Charlie is Britain and the EU is the lawyer in this clip from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: https://youtu.be/7O24mrBRit0

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Oof, this is going to end in a curbstomp isn't it?

Smart money right now is on a hard Brexit. I give it maybe 15 months before we get reports of cannibalistic barbers turning corpses into meat pies.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I thought this a few days ago and was just reminded by this awful cartoon, but I feel like the FP of Imgur should be exploding with a lot more pro Kavanaugh poo poo.

Like this is what they bitch about every loving day over there: false rape accusations. How common they apparently are, how they should be punished the same as actual rape, etc. I definitely noticed an increase after that incel place shut down, but lately I don't know there just isn't that much about it. You'd think with a Supreme Court pick being accused they'd eat this poo poo up.

Also crazy that the whole "false rape accusations are super common and women just want to ruin men's lives" thing became so mainstream just because Trump appointed a rapist.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Grimdude posted:

I thought this a few days ago and was just reminded by this awful cartoon, but I feel like the FP of Imgur should be exploding with a lot more pro Kavanaugh poo poo.

Like this is what they bitch about every loving day over there: false rape accusations. How common they apparently are, how they should be punished the same as actual rape, etc. I definitely noticed an increase after that incel place shut down, but lately I don't know there just isn't that much about it. You'd think with a Supreme Court pick being accused they'd eat this poo poo up.

Also crazy that the whole "false rape accusations are super common and women just want to ruin men's lives" thing became so mainstream just because Trump appointed a rapist.

It's just insane how different all these hypothetical accounts of false rape claims have literally nothing in common with the reality of false rape claims.

I've actually had false claims about sexual assault made about me, and it was trivially easy to prove my innocence. To the point the person someone accused me of sexually assaulting said it never happened and they had never approached the person accusing me supposedly on their behalf.

So from my admittedly limited firsthand experience, this looks absolutely nothing like a man accused falsely, and everything like a rapist attacking a woman for daring to come forward.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

D.N. Nation posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

I find the constant repetition of this point "how could she have a fear of flying when she has flown before? CHECKMATE, LIBERALS" to be very telling of the Republican mindset; "I would never do something I am afraid of" is how a coward thinks. Do they think that firefighters are NOT AFRAID of running into a burning building? Of course they are. Fear is a natural human response. They do it anyway because they know that their job is more important than their fear. Bravery is about overcoming fear, not just, not being afraid.

Grimdude posted:

Here's the thing about all the people claiming that they are "afraid of being falsely accused of rape": What they are implying is that they believe that they are important enough that a woman would willingly destroy her own life to (maybe) slightly damage theirs. Here's the thing: You don't matter. Nobody is going to ruin their lives just to get you. Nobody gives a poo poo about you, get over yourself. If you're legitimately afraid of being accused of rape, it's probably not "false" accusations you're worrying about.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 4, 2018

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Sure are a lot of cartoonists suspiciously concerned about being accused of rape :thunk:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pants Donkey posted:

They've said they'll reset the clock in the event of a change of government, and freeze it if a second referendum is declared. Neither of these things is especially likely unless the DUP collapse the Tories, but still.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

They've said they'll reset the clock in the event of a change of government, and freeze it if a second referendum is declared. Neither of these things is especially likely unless the DUP collapse the Tories, but still.

Labour have been floating the idea of a second referendum, right? Granted they aren't in power so the can say whatever they want and it means nothing, but if an election does get called before Brexit happens, a second referendum could be a serious tipping point.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jedit posted:

Does change of government refer to a new Tory leader, or another party taking power here?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Where's the statue of liberty though?

Crying Liberty for secular issues, Crying Death (or possibly St. Peter) for afterlife issues.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Fulchrum posted:

By that logic, he shouldn't want the job after brexit either. It's not like things are going to be poo poo for a week then get back to normal, Brexit will leave the UK lastingly, and probably permanently, hosed, with no real option to ever repair it.

Hey guys, it's me, Boris Johnson, the guy who loves hard Brexit! How's it going? I want to be your next prime minister! Oh...

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Honestly, if Johnson is afraid of getting poo poo on his suit, the window to grab at power was after Cameron went to live on a farm/brothel upstate. Either hes abandoned his ambitions, or doesn't care about ruling over a UK that is actively on fire.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Thanks, I finally got me an avatar!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Wait a second...you're telling me future potential bosses will judge me on statements I made in the past? How the gently caress is this even legal??

"NUH-UH MY GUY'S THE BEST YOURS ARE ALL BOOGERHEADS!!"

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Blatantly creating false evidence to make yourself look better (and is transparent as all hell)? Yeah, seems to be the way the hearing is going.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Fulchrum posted:

It's just insane how different all these hypothetical accounts of false rape claims have literally nothing in common with the reality of false rape claims.

I've actually had false claims about sexual assault made about me, and it was trivially easy to prove my innocence. To the point the person someone accused me of sexually assaulting said it never happened and they had never approached the person accusing me supposedly on their behalf.

So from my admittedly limited firsthand experience, this looks absolutely nothing like a man accused falsely, and everything like a rapist attacking a woman for daring to come forward.

Yeah, I was just recently accused of sexual harassment by a student. She was either really paranoid or was trying to create an excuse for failing my class. So the Title IX people looked into it, interviewed some witnesses, and decided it was unfounded. It was a pretty simple process, and I imagine if I’d started screaming about conspiracies Kavanaugh-style it would have made everything much worse. The only problem was that my boss tried to cover it up, which just dragged the whole process out for months. I don’t want people trying to block an investigation if I’m accused; I’d rather all the interviews happen while people’s memories are fresh.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I always assumed Winslow was an adult.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fulchrum posted:

Does change of government refer to a new Tory leader, or another party taking power here?

Hard to say. It's almost irrelevant anyway, because everyone angling for the job is an ardent Brexiteer who won't want an extension - the longer the process goes on, the more public sentiment moves against it. The only exception is Ruth Davidson, and the government will collapse for sure if she becomes PM without a General Election because there's no way the DUP will support a lesbian.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Well, I ALMOST agree with Carmen. All the names I've heard for the current generation have been stupid. "Post-millenial" and "GenZ" base it on a different generation's name, and poo poo like "iGeneration" is a complete non-starter.

It's just that framing it as being "killed" is also dumb. It's just that nobody's (in my opinion) popularized an actual good name yet. Also the issue of so many people thinking the "Millenial" age band is still going.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I feel like yesterday's Cyanide & Happiness goes well in this thread.

Also a Swedish one from just after the election here that I meant to post like three weeks ago:

Regering = Government
Nyval = Reelection

So how it works here is that the Speaker of the Riksdag gets four attempts at finding a prime minister who can actually put together a working government that's accepted by a majority of the Riksdag. If all four attempts fail, a new election has to be held. So far in Swedish history, the first attempt has always worked, but the current problem in Swedish politics is that none of the traditional left and right blocks has anything even resembling a majority - it's 144 seats vs 143, and the remaining 62 seats are held by the Sweden Democrats that nobody wants to cooperate with since they're the racist party over here, and they've said they won't vote in favour of any government constellation that doesn't give them a say in things. The Sweden Democrats are also likely to be the party that would benefit the most from a reelection. And, obviously, none of the parties in the left/right blocks want to just be a supporting party in a government led by the other block. Right now the first out of four attempts is going on, so we'll see what happens with that... but things are not looking fun over here right now.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 4, 2018

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Raised By Birds posted:

Well, I ALMOST agree with Carmen. All the names I've heard for the current generation have been stupid. "Post-millenial" and "GenZ" base it on a different generation's name, and poo poo like "iGeneration" is a complete non-starter.

It's just that framing it as being "killed" is also dumb. It's just that nobody's (in my opinion) popularized an actual good name yet. Also the issue of so many people thinking the "Millenial" age band is still going.

Millennials used to be "Gen Y" so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The real rapist is actually the black man