Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

I work with a lot of automotive manufacturers and T1 parts suppliers, so a lot of rural Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. Each trip usually includes an unprovoked "I don't know how y'all do things on the coast, but out here. . ."

But rural areas aren't really a fair comparison to the urban east coast if we're talking the merits of culture. There's a reason why I don't live in the rural Midwest.
Look at Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, Milwaukee, (lol not Cleveland), Indianapolis, Cincinnati, etc.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Sure but when do the Super Mutants show up

Wingnut Ninja posted:

This didn't end with "Yellowstone Supervolcano obliterates the entire continent". Boo.

Look at these scrubs who don't know what is Shadowrun.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

bengy81 posted:

The future is gonna be wild in the west when fresh water sources start running real dry. Gonna get some fireworks when California, Nevada, Arizona, and Mexico start fighting over water rights.

Having lived in Las Vegas for a decade, and watching the water reservoirs (lake Las Vegas, not Mead), start to shrink on a grand scale, I'm pretty certain this is accurate. They get some water from California but that's drying up, too. Gonna get real bad real soon.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't want dumfuck southerners who voted against their own interests their entire lives thinking they can just move into the Great Lakes region. I'm getting horrifying visions of them turning Lake Superior into something resembling the Aral Sea.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Building a wall around the Midwest to keep the perfidious coastals out.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Having lived in Las Vegas for a decade, and watching the water reservoirs (lake Las Vegas, not Mead), start to shrink on a grand scale, I'm pretty certain this is accurate. They get some water from California but that's drying up, too. Gonna get real bad real soon.

Burn coal to power massive air conditioned domes, take the condensate to water the golf courses, import Coca-Cola to drink.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Ultimately the problem is that we didn't hang every southern politician, officer and landowner so now we're stuck with a class of people that thinks they can't afford rent because they can't own people

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Netflix's micro-documentary series, Explained, has a good (and terrifying) episode about how the world is running out of fresh water. There's basically no plan in any country to deal with it long term.

Actually you should just watch the entire series if you haven't because they cover some interesting and diverse topics.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I live 1/4 mile from Lake Michigan. :smug:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

joat mon posted:

What is the process that allows those to become a trinary superchemical? You'd think it would have more uses than the one listed.

e: or did I get snookered by a "source your quote" post?

ee: VVVV yep, recreating crude without the bunker oil. The viscosity of oil will help with sticking to vertical surfaces, diesel's longer burn time will help with getting surrounding flammable material to ignite, and kerosene will make the initial ignition easier. (But mixing them all together will make each's advantage less effective)

I wouldn't surprise if it was garbage, I learned it second hand from some pseudo hippies I met during tech school..

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Map chat and map threads tend to be really good.

Also I got a friend, vet, doesn't post in here, but he lived in boston for like 99% of his life, so he thinks boston is everything and everywhere else is like boston.

He went to a great lake and found the stench of it. He wondered how it got that way and we had to explain how lovely that area has been also rivers that catch fire.

But how many of the great lakes right now are not full of garbage?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Have you ever noticed that Malta has a really cool loving flag?

The only cooler ones have AK-47s on them

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

I live 1/4 mile from Lake Michigan. :smug:
Have fun when dumbfuck transplants from West Virginia turn it into a new Aral Sea. God will provide for mama's illiterate crotch spawn.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EBB posted:

Eh, Switzerland's better. The flag is a big plus for them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

psydude posted:

I work with a lot of automotive manufacturers and T1 parts suppliers, so a lot of rural Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. Each trip usually includes an unprovoked "I don't know how y'all do things on the coast, but out here. . ."

I work for a T1 auto supplier in the deep south and all our service techs come from OH and IN it's a special kind of hell

E: In the last year we've had five engineers and upper managers quit to move back to Detroit, that's how much this corner of SC sucks.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 6, 2018

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

There are pockets in Buckhead where the absurdly rich white folk live that probably need to be razed just to make sure Atlanta's succession from Chudland goes smoothly, sorry grandad.

Basically anyone who makes more than a certain amount of money, especially in the southern US, has an increasing chance to be an irredeemable CHUD, and should be in the path of the second march to the sea.

What I'm saying is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnaY0l4XsM

bengy81
May 8, 2010
On the one hand, I'm pretty glad that I'll basically be dead or close to it by the time global warming gets real ugly. On the other hand I feel really bad for my kids and I kind of want to move somewhere Norrh to give them as much of a leg up as I can.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm frankly honored that a mildly schizophrenic aquaintance from the local art collective portraited me without my prior knowledge.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Looking fly my dude

ElMaligno posted:

Look at these scrubs who don't know what is Shadowrun.

TBH I was going to ask what fandom that came from or if it was someones fever dream but now I'm intrigued

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm just in an especially bad mood because my plans to give the silent treatment to my idiot relatives is being thwarted. An uncle is almost certainly going to die of cancer in the next couple of months, and my grandma has a tumor in her colon that may be cancerous.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm frankly honored that a mildly schizophrenic aquaintance from the local art collective portraited me without my prior knowledge.

That's frikkin' awesome.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Looking fly my dude

TBH I was going to ask what fandom that came from or if it was someones fever dream but now I'm intrigued

the TL;DR of it is that the Aztecs where right, Magic came back in a big way, lots of humans mutated into meta-humans and native Americans used their new found magic to gently caress up the USA. Also add cyberpunk elements to it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

shame on an IGA posted:

Rules

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

shame on an IGA posted:

That's loving fantastic

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

Now to burn Atlanta and toke up!

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

ElMaligno posted:

the TL;DR of it is that the Aztecs where right, Magic came back in a big way, lots of humans mutated into meta-humans and native Americans used their new found magic to gently caress up the USA. Also add cyberpunk elements to it.

Nerd.

It’s basically blade runner, the bad one, with lord of the rings. The highlight was when the President who was a dragon got assassinated.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ElMaligno posted:

And a dragon was voted president, briefly. Then got assassinated, but hey I'd be all for a dragon president.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anyone know if there's a teacher shortage in the Arctic north? Nome, Barrow, Nunavut, doesn't matter. I'd like to get as far away from things as possible without leaving the continent.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

shame on an IGA posted:

Holy poo poo that rules

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ElMaligno posted:

Not reading anything about dragons here

Nystral posted:

Nerd.

It’s basically blade runner, the bad one, with lord of the rings. The highlight was when the President who was a dragon got assassinated.

Get bent nerdlinger Shadowrun owns

bird food bathtub posted:

And a dragon was voted president, briefly. Then got assassinated, but hey I'd be all for a dragon president.

IIRC that dragon president was like the best president the country ever had, too or something like that

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
I take solace in the fact that when things go tits up, I'll be one of the first people against the wall as a liberal in a deeply conservative unit or I'll be postioned to be on the inside of the "real America." Either way, I'm executed, question is, will I take some of them with me in the opening shots or will I get rolled up in the middle of the night after I get ratted out? gently caress it, as long as I take two chuds with me, I've won a personal victory.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

gip background please

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

EBB posted:

Flag chat?

http://www.flagid.org/

Flag chat.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone know if there's a teacher shortage in the Arctic north? Nome, Barrow, Nunavut, doesn't matter. I'd like to get as far away from things as possible without leaving the continent.

Actually yes. Would you like me to ask for some job applications. The far north is rough. South east is where at.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Third World Reggin posted:

Map chat and map threads tend to be really good.

Also I got a friend, vet, doesn't post in here, but he lived in boston for like 99% of his life, so he thinks boston is everything and everywhere else is like boston.

He went to a great lake and found the stench of it. He wondered how it got that way and we had to explain how lovely that area has been also rivers that catch fire.

But how many of the great lakes right now are not full of garbage?

Most of them?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh sweet, Egypt is the flag of the day!

That's a nice looking flag. I like how everything is centered.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sure but when do the Super Mutants show up

there are ghouls which look very similar to super mutants, since like 2nd edition

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I really like some african and south asian flags since they go by a totally different view of what colors should be on the flags.

http://www.flagid.org/found.asp?qa=0000100&gk=2&zastava=154&strZ=3

http://www.flagid.org/found.asp?qa=0000100&gk=2&zastava=240&strZ=4

http://www.flagid.org/found.asp?qa=0000100&gk=2&zastava=40&strZ=5

EDIT have a bad flag

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There absolutely is, just google remote Alaska teaching jobs. And have fun making GBS threads in a bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Third World Reggin posted:

I really like some african and south asian flags since they go by a totally different view of what colors should be on the flags.

http://www.flagid.org/found.asp?qa=0000100&gk=2&zastava=154&strZ=3

http://www.flagid.org/found.asp?qa=0000100&gk=2&zastava=240&strZ=4

http://www.flagid.org/found.asp?qa=0000100&gk=2&zastava=40&strZ=5

EDIT have a bad flag

No flag talk is complete without zheleznogorsk.

• Locked thread