Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Johnny Aztec posted:

I just bought the "Worst Song, played on Ugliest guitar" hardback off ebay.
If you want A Home for Scared People" to go with it, I bought mine from a comic book store in Portland for a hair over ten bucks and it was in minty fresh shape and everything and they still have it in stock. They used to have at least one of the others in stock, but now they don't, so if you want Great Outdoor Fight ebay is your best bet still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If you want A Home for Scared People" to go with it, I bought mine from a comic book store in Portland for a hair over ten bucks and it was in minty fresh shape and everything and they still have it in stock. They used to have at least one of the others in stock, but now they don't, so if you want Great Outdoor Fight ebay is your best bet still.

Hey thanks buddy! I got it ordered there. That is ...waaaaaaay cheaper than anything on ebay.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s cheap enough that Onstadt has to be curating it or providing them with incentive copies to keep it low.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/AchewoodNC/status/1050173130847608838

Ray Smuckles is definitely known locally as a dude you don't want to have lost a fight to.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Envelopé (both name and general sense) is definitely one of those "boy, that's just kinda casually racist" moments in achewood.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As an East Coast White guy from Philly I was pretty shocked at the level of casual racism I encountered in California, from San Francisco to Sacramento, in most of the headiest people I encountered, so this checks out.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

thrilla in vanilla posted:

No Context Achewood posted the Double Music panel the other day and I can confidently say that The Todd Show is one of the three best, seated comfortably behind the Toilet Party and Goth Lil Nephew.

NO ONE CAN HEAR UNDERWEAR ONCE IT'S INSIDE OF YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This was great thanks. Shipping was more than the book, and still way cheaper than anywhere else.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

robot roll call posted:

NO ONE CAN HEAR UNDERWEAR ONCE IT'S INSIDE OF YOU

TODD!! TODD!!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

Kofukuji Temple Chief Priest Bungen Oi offers a prayer for Sony pet-robot Aibos displayed on an altar prior to the robots' "funeral" at the temple in Isumi, Chiba, Japan, on April 26, 2018. More than 100 "dead" robot dogs from different years were placed next to one another in the temple for their funeral.

RIP Dr. Kisses :o:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm sorry Dr Kisses, I'm so sorry

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
oh my god this is so hard

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

As an East Coast White guy from Philly I was pretty shocked at the level of casual racism I encountered in California, from San Francisco to Sacramento, in most of the headiest people I encountered, so this checks out.

as a Kansas guy I found casual racism in California to be slightly above normal levels, from Bakersfield to Barstow tho lmao

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

At the grocery store saw a display for something called the 'Rainbrella' and all I could think was as opposed to the Cumbrella?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Perhaps you would be interested in my new book?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I wonder how Space Oreo is doing

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think the thing that proves once and for all that Ray knows nothing whatsoever about business is that he thinks people want a safe, clean taco.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Sometimes I feel like having a taco, but all I see are food trucks and I ...hesitate

Where could I find a taco that I can trust?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

Sometimes I feel like having a taco, but all I see are food trucks and I ...hesitate

Where could I find a taco that I can trust?

At least in NYC, food trucks are actually the cleanest places to eat. It’s a small area without a lot of hidden nooks and crannies.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

At least in NYC, food trucks are actually the cleanest places to eat. It’s a small area without a lot of hidden nooks and crannies.

they also tend to be a lot more careful about their hygiene because unlike full restaurants they often lack the money to bribe inspectors

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I have yet to find one (1) Taco Truck-type eatery which could handle the simple instruction "no sour cream"

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Javid posted:

I have yet to find one (1) Taco Truck-type eatery which could handle the simple instruction "no sour cream"

I don't know where you live but in Philly I can take my pick of a dozen taco trucks just walking to and from my apartment, work, and the trolley stop, and I've never ever had this problem.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Javid posted:

Sour cream is a good universal concealer for smell, taste, texture, and sight.

It’s not that they don’t understand, but you must never know what lies beneath the cream.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Also, it invented isself

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Teodor, are you ever... honest with yourself? I mean, about everything.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Phy posted:

Teodor, are you ever... honest with yourself? I mean, about everything.

[[In a faded rustic typeface, printed in good warm colors on a canvas surface by men]]

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The first time I read through Achewood, I skipped the super wordy ones, and going back through the second time the Philippe newspapers were fresh and delightful.

If you swallow pop rocks and coke at the same time you won't actually die. I know what I'm doing this afternoon!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ColdPie posted:

The first time I read through Achewood, I skipped the super wordy ones, and going back through the second time the Philippe newspapers were fresh and delightful.

If you swallow pop rocks and coke at the same time you won't actually die. I know what I'm doing this afternoon!

Why. Why would you do this?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Afraid of becoming a candy-rear end word-style hero.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I dunno, I could get behind skipping Friday Facts on one's first run through. They're kind of a tonal shift during some of the arcs they occur during which one could reasonably prefer to skip.

Once you finish and crave more then you can always go back for them, since they're still More Achewood, and none of them really need context.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The BitchSeer is a part of Friday Facts, therefore skipping Friday Facts is inexcusable. (BitchSeer being in the same installment that had "A huge 'chipper/shredder' from space that grinds up whole communities" and "balony loafs")

Friday Facts also gave us Ray's personally aggrieved "Probably like sixteen bucks" assessment of Lyle's new glasses.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The best Achewood is simultaneously Alarm Clock Factory and But At Least It Ees Life, For A Little While.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I have an irrational love of gently caress You Fridays. Take a gently caress You out for a drive on Friday, you'll be glad you did. Take care...and gently caress you!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Ive always been partial to Judas Priest Fridays

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
In the new halloween movie toby huss reprises his role and Ray and at the end he meets cartilage head. At the beginning he gets peanut butter on his penis.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

FunkyAl posted:

In the new halloween movie toby huss reprises his role and Ray and at the end he meets cartilage head. At the beginning he gets peanut butter on his penis.

Does he, at any moment, enter frame with a sheet cake and an arched eyebrow?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah but they have to poop and pee in buckets in the trucks.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Chickenwalker posted:

Yeah but they have to poop and pee in buckets in the trucks.

Untrue. That's just a perk.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Yo, a suggestion in case the peep managing the No Context Achewood twitter account is reading this thread: mix it up and add some Alt titles to the queue.

The sad cat gets sex optimism but his mad girlfriend leaves a poo poo in the toilet before going away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidspackage posted:

Does he, at any moment, enter frame with a sheet cake and an arched eyebrow?

At one point he is made fun of for acting like he could go pro ice all of a sudden.