Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Donovan Trip posted:

Just watched a vertibird fly out of the ground into the sky lol

This game may be secretly brilliant for it's bugs. I can't wait to see a compilation.
On this topic, someone on reddit finally had the reality of "multiplayer means no console commands" truly sink in:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/9qhxkl/bethesda_note_to_fans/

quote:

P90RooshB
So keep in mind this will be the first 3D fallout game where you can't just use the console to fix bugs. You can't give yourself noclip or godmode or anything like that. You also cannot mod your game for stability. Knowing this, and knowing they pushed preordering hard, it seems like release day will be a small disaster. They were smart to do a beta test phase.

The hardcore 76 fans have blocked out all criticism of the game and warnings from people who have struggled with the bethesda launcher and etc. in the past. I'd bet some of them will have a very sudden mood change about 76 and voice this change online.

Sentinel-Prime
Oh my loving christ in heaven I never even thought about that. The SetStage console command is the only thing that got me through bugged quests.

adokretz
Also the "moveto" or "additem" for when people or items disappear.
I will never not find it funny watching people come to the horrified realization of "oh god we can't just use console commands, we actually have to rely on Bethesda to fix all these bugs".

The first guy is wrong though, pretty much every bug you see in this beta will be in the initial game release (because it's only 3 weeks away, that is literally not enough time to find the bug, fix it, and release a signed-off multi-console patch).

The gameplay you're watching on Twitch right now, that's it; this is Fallout: 76 in all its glory. All its buggy, janky, stuttery glory.

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Siljmonster posted:

loving these streams of people searching through empty containers reminds me of DayZ

Right?

I'm playing Skyrim again with all the unofficial patches and such and had to noclip my way out of a random spot I got stuck in a fight in tyool 2018

The server just gave out for Ziggy's stream too

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 24, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Enemies respawning right in front of the player

This is a mess

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

A lot of people are having problems with sound apparently.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
So this Swiftor guy is saying the frame rate is fine in 1080. :shrug:

What other streams are people watching that are a mess?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Shroud kinda fixed his sound by setting his Xbox settings to Stereo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm watching the same stream and the game seems to stutter and freeze at times.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Don't open/close doors on alerted enemies or they'll clip into it/get stuck in the doorframe and become invulnerable.
That's like early 90's era stuff :smith:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Edit: this is not the World Series GDT

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
So swift walked past a tripwire. That didnt set it off. What did ser it off is him disarming it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Shroud is freezing a lot and said he's hitting 7 fps. ESO_PLAYS is the other one

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The only enemies that seem to put up any sort of fight are the feral ghouls, I wonder if that's just a "low level starting area" thing

e: by any sort of fight I mean attacking the player at all after the player aggros them

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Hootington posted:

So swift walked past a tripwire. That didnt set it off. What did ser it off is him disarming it.

Loving it :golfclap:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr Hootington posted:

Of course I went to dinner and missed that

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I'm going back and forth between this Swift guy and a Peeve guy. I got to say I'm not seeing a lot of deal breaking problems so far just the normal levels of Bethesda jank.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
This game is a steaming pile of poo poo.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It has jumping puzzles and I'm dying

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Frog Act posted:

lmao, wow, the vertibirds I just saw fluttering around looked really poorly scripted and confusingly out of place.

Yeah the one I saw flew around blocking the drop, then went underground and shot off into space while on fire. Pretty realistic imo

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I feel like I'm missing out. Where are you seeing these exploding suicidal vertibirds?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Moose-Alini posted:

Yeah the one I saw flew around blocking the drop, then went underground and shot off into space while on fire. Pretty realistic imo

So that's how BOS got there..

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm going back and forth between this Swift guy and a Peeve guy. I got to say I'm not seeing a lot of deal breaking problems so far just the normal levels of Bethesda jank.
"Normal levels of Bethesda jank" is a big loving problem in a multiplayer game:

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm playing Skyrim again with all the unofficial patches and such and had to noclip my way out of a random spot I got stuck in a fight in tyool 2018
10 seconds of noclip is a workable solution to jank in a single-player game, not in multi-player.

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 24, 2018

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I can see why the framerate isn't solid - in addition to the tacked on multiplayer, it seems like there are lots of interiors that can be entered without a loading screen, more than in Fallout 4. That probably affects performance a bit.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
The hunger and thirst is going to be a pain in the rear end.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

The hunger and thirst is going to be a pain in the rear end.

Much like my real life

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

If hunger and thirst make your rear end hurt you should see a doctor.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this game has:

jumping puzzles
1 meter fall damage detection
terrible dungeon layouts
lag
empty containers
melee damage tied to framerate
containers with a single wrench in them
large swaths of nothing

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Seriously, platforming puzzles? Holy moly, Bethesda.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm just waiting for someone to take the map and assets and mod it into New Vegas, doesn't look like it's going to be fun for more than a couple weekends with friends.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
QA: 0 dollars
Multiplayer testing: 0 dollars
Combined managers salaries: 100,000,000 dollars
Engine upgrades: 0 dollars

someone please help me our game is falling apart

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Siljmonster posted:

reduce the manager salary

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Siljmonster posted:

Spend less on manager's salaries?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

communists

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Agent355 posted:

Otacon posted:

reduce the manager salary

no

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Agent355 posted:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Agent355 posted:

no

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hahahahaha still having horizontal frame drops cmon Bethesda its been 20 years

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If you want some less internet-y personalities, Ryan & Jeremy + Jeremy's Wife from Achievement Hunter are streaming and are all about exploring the map while Ryan tries and sabotage his friends.

https://www.twitch.tv/sortamaliciousgaming

Also lol respawning enemies just happened to them as they cleared out a camp of mole people that were level 21 and then they went to loot and they were all just back at opening of the building in 10 seconds

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

If you want some less internet-y personalities, Ryan & Jeremy + Jeremy's Wife from Achievement Hunter are streaming and are all about exploring the map while Ryan tries and sabotage his friends.

https://www.twitch.tv/sortamaliciousgaming

Also lol respawning enemies just happened to them as they cleared out a camp of mole people that were level 21 and then they went to loot and they were all just back at opening of the building in 10 seconds

Mole miners! WHAT

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

starting to think shooting-the-poo poo hanging out with online buddies multiplayer doesn't go well with 'lots of infodump voice logs telling you where to go/what to do'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

sharknado slashfic posted:

It has jumping puzzles

WHAT

WHY