Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

a7m2 posted:

Why do people say Diablo is better on Switch/consoles than PC?

^^^
It also has a dodge roll which smashes items that’s fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Why doesn't Blizzard just patch in controller support?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

il serpente cosmico posted:

Their PC fan base is insane and would probably flip out.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Yeah absolutely, use the grim scythe/skeletal mage runes that up your attack speed, get some life steal on it. The season's set will give you 50% damage reduction most of the time, but even with a lot of armor sometimes you'll have to fall back and let your minions take care of the harder elites. I'm on torment 8 with essentially that build right now.

This is exactly what I was thinking - thanks!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

A cursory search a while back turned up a post or two about the PC game engine being different enough that it would be a pain in the dick to add controller support, and probably also because:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Their PC fan base is insane and would probably flip out.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

This is legit the best grip case you can get.

https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-GripCase-Set-Comfortable/dp/B078WGT97X

It’s customizable and the carrying case is perfect.

How do you find the trigger buttons with something over the top of them? It's the one negative I've seen some people mention, but any grip I've found that doesn't cover the buttons seems to be worse in some other way instead.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Mario is a must even if some people ultimately are less than wowed; the Bayonettas seem well-liked if you're into that kind of thing; Xenoblade and Octopath both are pretty divisive but praised for some specific aspects so a) make sure you're into JRPGs and b) check out if you're into the kind of JRPG that each is, watch some video or read a longer review before buying.

Mario x Rabbids is the one you didn't list that I think a lot of people would point you towards -- also a little divisive (some people didn't like its more there's-a-specific-right-answer puzzly take on XCOM) but probably more consensus liked than anything you mentioned other than Odyssey.

I'd mainly meant "what should I look at other than these games" but thanks for the tips. I'll definitely take a look at Mario + Rabbids since I've mainly used my 3DS for strategy/RPG stuff, and I liked that Ghost Recon game Julian Gollop made.

Hopefully Civilization does well and they'll port XCOM!

Sam Faust posted:

For smaller stuff, you could check out Just Shapes & Beats and Slime-san.

Cool I'll take a look at them too.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

The Switch doesn't come with an SD card, so you can just put in the one you got and go.

I would recommend putting your SD card in first, before downloading/playing any games. For one, if it's a SDXC card it will have to download a system update. But also, when you download games/updates/DLC it's preferentially stored to the SD card before on-board memory, which leaves space available for game saves and system updates. If you download games/updates/DLC before inserting a SD card, then those games take up on-board memory and you could run out later.

Yeah guess I didn't pay enough attention to to the system specifications, I figured it'd be like the DS where the only storage was on the memory card but I see now that's not the case.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

space marine todd posted:

Asking again because my hands hurt and I want to keep killing all the demons.

I just got one of these ungainly things and I absolutely adore it:

https://satisfye.com/products/switch-grip-pro

It arrived on Saturday afternoon and I immediately spent like 6 straight hours listening to records & destroying mobs.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

C.M. Kruger posted:

Hopefully Civilization does well and they'll port XCOM!
I don't think this'll happen because XCOM 1 and 2 use an older version of Unreal that doesn't natively support the Switch... but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Their PC fan base is so insane that they flipped out and convinced Blizzard to cancel Starcraft: Ghost for the crime of being intended for consoles.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Toast King posted:

How do you find the trigger buttons with something over the top of them? It's the one negative I've seen some people mention, but any grip I've found that doesn't cover the buttons seems to be worse in some other way instead.

They are a little more firm to press but I don’t find that to be an issue at all. I’ve seen some people who didn’t care for it cut stuff away to make it more to their liking but besides that possible issue it’s a great case.

Also can’t overstate how awesome the case it comes with is. It’s a hard shell case with plenty of storage for games and cables and poo poo.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Oops wrong thread

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I just voted straight Dem except for the one town administrator spot where only a republican was running and I wrote in "Anyone else"

Cool cool cool. Wrong thread though.
Me personally I just leave the write in blank and don't fill in a bubble if there's only a republican running because I'm afraid my ballot won't be counted if I do funny stuff on it

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Beto for Smash

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If we had elected Bernie everyone in the USA would have gotten Smash for free

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I heard they are adding Charlie Chaplin into smash.

Yeah you know the one.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Does anyone still have the link to the JAP version of Okami?

KingEup fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 6, 2018

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

KingEup posted:

Does anyone still have the the link to the JAP version of Okami?

If you're looking to buy I have an imported copy that I am done with. I can send you a PM if you're interested.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Toast King posted:

They're more difficult to press, but not dramatically so.

This is completely outweighed by the awesomeness of every other facet of the product. Buy it immediately.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

They completely redid encounter design (mostly by lowering enemy counts but upping hp) to support controllers.

If they patched in controller support they'd also have to put in the encounter changes which would make the game even easier with mouse and keyboard.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KingEup posted:

Does anyone still have the link to the JAP version of Okami?

Also, Dude, JAP is not the preferred nomenclature. JP, please

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
What's the best way to learn end game/adventure mode? There's a whole bunch of crap going on I'm not sure about and I just got a cube and I have no idea what it does

It looks like doing emissary quests for WoW

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How do Ifngd where to vote?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How do Ifngd where to vote?

Either look up your county's supervisor of elections website or Google "where do I vote" and you'll get a ton of links that will direct you to the proper place to check.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Splatfest isn't for a few weeks you fools

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I really hope Diablo 4 is being developed with controllers in mind. No way I can go back to mouse-only with my terrible carpal tunnel. Diablo 3 was a godsend when it came to consoles.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I got Lumines so my Switch is officially a bigass PSP.

In the Coming Soon section 2 things caught my eye - Project Highrise, the SimTower revival that my $40-for-Cities: Skylines rear end is an easy mark for, and a BattleZone revival. The BattleZone revival appears not to be a B98 revival, but rather original BattleZone. Looks neat and fun. Might get it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Either look up your county's supervisor of elections website or Google "where do I vote" and you'll get a ton of links that will direct you to the proper place to check.

I had to google 'where do i vote' for the locals earlier this year because the district lines shifted a little bit and I'm literally right at the intersection of two districts. :psyduck:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://www.youtube.com/switch_feedback

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

THE loving MOON posted:

I had to google 'where do i vote' for the locals earlier this year because the district lines shifted a little bit and I'm literally right at the intersection of two districts. :psyduck:

Good news, you get to vote twice!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Toebone posted:

Good news, you get to vote twice!

woah and i got two atomic fire balls in one wrapper yesterday, auspicious

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, it looks like Youtube might pop up on Thursday. I guess that's cool.
https://twitter.com/NintendHOME/status/1058674182177910785

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nice! This all but confirms it

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Finally everyone can shut up about YouTube not being on the Switch

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

TheScott2K posted:

Finally everyone can shut up about YouTube not being on the Switch

I haven't seen that many posts about it tbh. It'll be a nice addition for sure though.

Still fighting the urge to buy Diablo 3 over here. Just beat O&S and got the lordvessel in dark souls and finally got my mitts on sunlight blade along with the two levels of lightning spear so I finally have all my build's tools, but truthfully I could take or leave the rest of the game...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

TheScott2K posted:

Finally everyone can shut up about how it's actually a good thing that YouTube isn't on the Switch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What am I supposed to do with these platinum points? I have 1130 of them, but as far as I can tell, there is literally not a single worthwhile thing to bother using them on. I'm not gonna buy WiiU stuff anymore, I haven't had a 3DS in a long time, and everything else is like... nothing. You'd think for such a big deal currency that has an expiration date on them they'd offer something a bit more interesting

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Waffle! posted:

I've been rocking a unique scythe for way too long because it's +2 extra targets for Blood Syphon, and I just slurp blood and poo poo explosions all fight.

I got a ring drop from Skeleton King that gives me an extra Skeleton Mage and that's apart of my favorite build so far and I don't see how I can ever replace it. Also my helm drop from him was a Dex helm :smith:

Went from lvl 1 to 39 last night, as has been said to death D3 is pretty great on Switch. Necro is a death dealing machine :black101: I bet a 4 necro party would be pretty annoying.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Macaluso posted:

What am I supposed to do with these platinum points? I have 1130 of them, but as far as I can tell, there is literally not a single worthwhile thing to bother using them on. I'm not gonna buy WiiU stuff anymore, I haven't had a 3DS in a long time, and everything else is like... nothing. You'd think for such a big deal currency that has an expiration date on them they'd offer something a bit more interesting

Not a single thing? Look harder.

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/5ff1a44ac9653cae

I've got a folder of most of the stupid wallpapers, that I'll never use. A bunch of 3DS themes that I'll see next xmas when I transfer some Pokemon over to the Switch version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Macaluso posted:

I use them for a bunch of Fire Emblem Heroes stuff. Like in game currency (feathers etc)