Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rinkles posted:

this is my favorite. i get a zero damage critical strike (blood splatter included).

https://i.imgur.com/tbuCiRi.mp4

here's an invisible protectron punching me

https://i.imgur.com/De1VP3I.mp4

IM HAVING FUN!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Raged posted:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-76-pc-aus-nz-cd-key

64% off for us Aussies and I am still not buying.

25 ish USD

Same offer for Europe/Middle East, 22.79€ :eek:
I'll maybe consider installing it once it inevitably goes f2p to look at a few set pieces.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 25, 2018

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
loving the random hitching and stuttering in that second clip despite loving nothing happening onscreen

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gynovore posted:

Jeezus Christ, that animation. I mean, in Fallout 4, ferals at least looked scary, they would charge at you screaming and fling themselves at you and fall on the floor. This guy looks like a 65 year old with constipation trying to do a Latin dance after half an hour of lessons.

It's like the theme of 76 is "the same as Fallout 4, except we made a lot of stuff worse".

Everything in 76 has this horrible janky pathfinding. Like if you go up some stairs, Fog Crawlers (why they're in West Virginia instead of a foggy island in Maine I dunno) will just path away because they can't do stairs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bardeh posted:

loving the random hitching and stuttering in that second clip despite loving nothing happening onscreen

The fps around that building got pretty bad

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Communism posted:

Everything in 76 has this horrible janky pathfinding. Like if you go up some stairs, Fog Crawlers (why they're in West Virginia instead of a foggy island in Maine I dunno) will just path away because they can't do stairs.

Because mountains produce fog from precipitation and cooler air being trapped at base elevations and meeting a different temperature

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I have found fog crawlers in the ash heap. They should have been only in the Bog and Mire.

There are a number of new enemies that I found not mind seeing in future Fallouts still like Wendigos and honey beasts.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bardeh posted:

holy crap

less than two weeks after release and it's two thirds off. If I'd bought this for full price I'd be pissed. I mean, mainly because I'd have bought a terrible game, but this just piles on a little more 'gently caress you'

Raged posted:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-76-pc-aus-nz-cd-key

64% off for us Aussies and I am still not buying.

25 ish USD

It can still go lower, i'm holding out for $0

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Powershift posted:

It can still go lower, i'm holding out for $0

Thats not low enough. They should be paying you for playing this dumpster fire.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LeJackal posted:

Thats not low enough. They should be paying you for playing this dumpster fire.

bethesda has never paid for qa though

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Bardeh posted:

holy crap

less than two weeks after release and it's two thirds off. If I'd bought this for full price I'd be pissed. I mean, mainly because I'd have bought a terrible game, but this just piles on a little more 'gently caress you'

lmfao, the game is actually gonna go F2P isn't it, I wanna watch the reddirt cultists tut-tut people for being angry then too, "UH DUH, YOU SHOULDA SEEN THIS COMING, IT'S JUST NORMAL JEEZ."

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What happens if an American buys that key? The FAQ claims the game isnt region locked

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

lmfao, the game is actually gonna go F2P isn't it, I wanna watch the reddirt cultists tut-tut people for being angry then too, "UH DUH, YOU SHOULDA SEEN THIS COMING, IT'S JUST NORMAL JEEZ."

“If you buy a game at launch and it drops by 70% two weeks later, you paid for those two weeks as a Rational Consumer” is big on reddit

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Liquid Communism posted:

They... they put Fog Crawlers in 76???

:ughh:

There aren't enough facepalm smilies to properly express my face-palmyness at this point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gynovore posted:

There aren't enough facepalm smilies to properly express my face-palmyness at this point.

dude, they put loving dragons for some reason

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bardeh posted:

holy crap

my guess is the bottom floor price will be 19.99 or so unless they try to pull a F2P type deal.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Uninstalled.

Welp guess its just Fallout 1, 2, Tactics and New Vegas for my fallout fix
3 and 4 are just cargo cults of the series.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Tenzarin posted:

Was doing the DMV quest, and I heard something behind me and it was some guy in power armor. I shot him thinking he was a ghoul and he didn't attack me right away. Then like 5 minutes go by and he kills me from behind. Melee hits like a truck in this game, it was literally only 2 hits with 20% dmg reduction with lone wanderer and 30% damage reduction from suppressor. No amount of stimpacks would heal that fast enough. I got him a few times from the stagger with shotguns but melee hits really loving hard.

Also the DMV quest was awesome.

There was a DMV quest? I got some tickets but no matter what I did I couldn't get the queue bots to accept me, even when my correct number was called. But every number call brought like 100 newly spawned ghouls to my location!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More like fallout $0.76

Damnit, i should have said fallout 76% off

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 26, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is the best tear down of the game so far?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Powershift posted:

dude, they put loving dragons for some reason

This... Isn't just a meme? yikes

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I smoked some weed and got lost in the Poseidon Power Plant for like 30 minutes. That place is a goddamn maze. I went there to do an event but someone ended up doing it while I was wandering around inside. I thought I found the exit but I actually found the cooling towers and I almost died because it hurts you in there. Eventually I fast traveled out.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
So is this actually going to affect bethesda in any way? I mean i know it's not like they'll collapse overnight or at all but will they realise how much they dun fuked up?

edit : haven't played because why would i? it looks like a puddle of puke.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

NofrikinfuN posted:

TO BE FAIR.... they're mutated bats.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Daily: Pick up barrel
Pick up barrel
Pick up barrel
(optional) sink the barrels

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So is this actually going to affect bethesda in any way? I mean i know it's not like they'll collapse overnight or at all but will they realise how much they dun fuked up?

edit : haven't played because why would i? it looks like a puddle of puke.

Odds are they made this to reach some kind of sales target for the year and uh, I don't think they're going to hit it. It might lower a stock value and piss off some investors, but other than Rage 2, I don't know of any projects likely to be cancelled over it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

NofrikinfuN posted:

The giant bats use the same animation rig of dragons in Skyrim; it's really obvious when they're on the ground. They also have reskinned dragon attack abilities except for the sonic screech attack, which is a resized instance of the mirelurk king sonic attack from 4.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

The giant bats use the same animation rig of dragons in Skyrim; it's really obvious when they're on the ground. They also have reskinned dragon attack abilities except for the sonic screech attack, which is a resized instance of the mirelurk king sonic attack from 4.

Boy, this keeps getting better lmao

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
wtf is going on with gaming companies right now? Blizzard shat the bed and then shat the stage and smeared it on everyones face,now bethesda are doing less than the average modder.

One more microtransaction fiasco from EA and they might just break the industry.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

NofrikinfuN posted:

Odds are they made this to reach some kind of sales target for the year and uh, I don't think they're going to hit it. It might lower a stock value and piss off some investors, but other than Rage 2, I don't know of any projects likely to be cancelled over it.

The whole thing feels more or less like an in-studio asset flip so I don't imagine it cost a ton to make in comparison to a full narrative Fallout sequel. I'm assuming they've got modest expectations though I feel like they may not even hit that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L1UAglcaa0

is a good one.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

One more microtransaction fiasco from EA and they might just break the industry.

Good, the ~AAA~ industry could do with a bash on the head to unscrew all of their increasingly insane expectations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gynovore posted:

Not entirely following the complaint with this. WV has crayfish and freshwater shrimps.

I'm more concerned about where the gently caress Anglers came from in West Virginia

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

Not entirely following the complaint with this. WV has crayfish and freshwater shrimps.

I'm more concerned about where the gently caress Anglers came from in West Virginia

the dragons carried them in

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.

DoctorGonzo posted:

the nov 19th waypoint radio episode with rob and austin calmly breaking down all the ways fallout 76 fucks up not just within it's own space but how it also fucks up the fundamental thesis of the series in pursuit of allowing players to not have to confront what would be an interesting narrative of the vault dwellers being basically jumpsuited fascists commanding the survivors to obey them or die is extremely loving good

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

what's the airspeed velocity of a radioactive dragon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Aren't the Fog Crawlers just repurposed Chaurus from Skyrim anyways?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Radio Free Kobold posted:

what's the airspeed velocity of a radioactive dragon

I can't imagine

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yes. Every game dev studio re purposes and reuses animations and assets when and where they can to cut down the cost of making things from scratch that they don't need to. It's not some wild new sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DoctorGonzo posted:

you havent been reading this thread have you?

Arcsquad12 posted:

yup