Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoa you can do 3 totem ancestral warchief Chieftan now without Tukohamas fortress ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Cao Ni Ma posted:

oh hey path of building updated already

Like the addition of an extra totem to the passive tree. Makes chieftain and scion totem builds more viable in end game and a whole lot smoother while leveling. Felt like Heiro had a monopoly on that. Considering making a frosty occultist witch though for some reason, I haven't really made an ES character outside my aborted soulwrest attempt (dropped it because necro was just stronger)

its either that or maybe a scion/chieftain blade fall totem character

What extra totem node? Ancestral Bond hasn't changed, the new node next to it is MINUS one max totems.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm minus one totem seems completely different than plus one totem.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

gonadic io posted:

What extra totem node? Ancestral Bond hasn't changed, the new node next to it is MINUS one max totems.

gently caress

icy witch it is

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I might make a facebeakers warchief Chieftain Bosser/Uber Labber, haven't done it since Abyss and loreweave is probably a pretty good chunk of damage on chest

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Any shenanigans worth doing with the Jugg +accuracy node and Obscurantis giving +1000 accuracy now?

e: seems like garbage, even if you went BLS and got 1000str you'd end up with, what, 15% inreased attack speed and 15% increased attack? seems bad, instead of good

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 5, 2018

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

oh hey path of building updated already

Like the addition of an extra totem to the passive tree. Makes chieftain and scion totem builds more viable in end game and a whole lot smoother while leveling. Felt like Heiro had a monopoly on that. Considering making a frosty occultist witch though for some reason, I haven't really made an ES character outside my aborted soulwrest attempt (dropped it because necro was just stronger)

its either that or maybe a scion/chieftain blade fall totem character

You may want to re-read that node.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Cao Ni Ma posted:

gently caress

icy witch it is

If it makes you feel any better, heiro went from +2 totems to just +1 now.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

euphronius posted:

Hmm minus one totem seems completely different than plus one totem.

It's a small difference, but quite significant.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

euphronius posted:

Whoa you can do 3 totem ancestral warchief Chieftan now without Tukohamas fortress ?

With what's being shown so far a chieftan can get 5 warchief totems.
1 base
1 ancestral bond
2 the new support (has a less multiplier)
1 a shield veiled mod, I.E. a mastercraft on a rare shield

Edit: technically 6 if you include Soul Mantle but you said War Chieftan so I'm assuming you won't

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 5, 2018

remember
Nov 23, 2006
I think I'm going to start with a Cyclone Slayer to try to farm lab and see how far I can take the character. I kind of want to try ancestral warchief and farm lab but I don't think the playstyle is for me.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Warchief is very strong and you basically drop the totems and run around making sure you don't die but it's not particularly fast

Have they said anything about voricis old crafts? The sockets and colors?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

gonadic io posted:

If it makes you feel any better, heiro went from +2 totems to just +1 now.

I know, I thought the entire point of removing the totem from their ascendancy was to add it to the passive tree so that other totem users weren't hamstring into always picking heiro for totem builds. Now you have an ascendancy that pops up two totems per cast but only has 3 totems max out unless you gear with +totems. Clunky as gently caress

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I know, I thought the entire point of removing the totem from their ascendancy was to add it to the passive tree so that other totem users weren't hamstring into always picking heiro for totem builds. Now you have an ascendancy that pops up two totems per cast but only has 3 totems max out unless you gear with +totems. Clunky as gently caress

Well there's the new support gem and the new shield craftable/veiled mod.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
So wait they didn't nerf Arc after all? Oh well, I'm not complaining :v:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I'm pretty sure that node/support that makes you summon two totems at once will feel really bad if you have an odd number of max totems. Because for example (with 3 max) you'll place two, then click again and one of those will die so you can place another two.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

So Malachai's Artifice is just a free -50 enemy resistance to, say, fire or cold builds? or just run a golem in there for whatever element you are??

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jinnigan posted:

So Malachai's Artifice is just a free -50 enemy resistance to, say, fire or cold builds? or just run a golem in there for whatever element you are??

Thats my plan!

Zephro posted:

So wait they didn't nerf Arc after all? Oh well, I'm not complaining :v:

Correct

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I might actually go all in on brands to start, which is a hilariously dumb idea that will most likely bite me in the rear end. Brands are either going to be garbage poo poo for idiots, or broken good. I guess on the plus side I can respec to totems easily enough since they're near or even share the totem nodes.

I need them gems to be released before I decide.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I wonder how the Hiero totem changes will shake out. Going from 4->3 might be a small indirect nerf to Arc totems, at least. Won't make much difference for trash clearing but will slow down boss killing a bit.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 5, 2018

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Does that -50 resistance from EE give -50 on Shaper, or does it have some kind of funky "60% effectiveness" on bosses type situation?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScrumptiousAbstemiousDragonfruitChocolateRain

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Part of me is tempted to try some sort of terrible selfcast winter orb CWC build. Maybe like a winter orb CWC ice spear or glacial cascade. I could see it working with the new occultist cold poo poo, or with plain old inquisitor. See if I can get +cold gems and the added free CWC link on a shaped staff or something.

I know that is a terrible idea compared to just playing an arc/gc miner, but still. It would be different and new.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 5, 2018

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vasudus posted:

I might actually go all in on brands to start, which is a hilariously dumb idea that will most likely bite me in the rear end. Brands are either going to be garbage poo poo for idiots, or broken good. I guess on the plus side I can respec to totems easily enough since they're near or even share the totem nodes.

I need them gems to be released before I decide.

Same. I figure I can try them out for leveling then respec to arc or whatever if they suck.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Wonder how much brands will rely on brand recall for boss killing. Shock Brand won't work well at all likely but Apocalyptic Brand should potentially work unless the damage is bad. Also how much cast time affects their DPS.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 5, 2018

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Arrhythmia posted:

"Alternate of Same Tier (costs 1 Chaos Orb): Requires a Rare map. Opens a random Rare map of the same tier, excluding the map you placed in the device."

Looks like it's not limited to yellow maps this league, nice.

Read that part again.

And from the new skill tree, the scion inquisitor node has the new ailments.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Read that part again.

Yellow as in t6-10

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

"Alternate of Same Tier (costs 1 Chaos Orb): Requires a Rare map. Opens a random Rare map of the same tier, excluding the map you placed in the device."

Looks like it's not limited to yellow maps this league, nice.

Someone on Reddit was saying it was worded the same way in Delve patch notes.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jinnigan posted:

Does that -50 resistance from EE give -50 on Shaper, or does it have some kind of funky "60% effectiveness" on bosses type situation?

I'm fairly sure it's only curses that have that, so EE would be the full -50.
They only did it because of temp chains and stacking curse effect (Ghudda the usual culprit)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Oh, a brand might be good to have in Malachai's Artifice while mapping... not sure if it's got the longevity of OoS for boss kills. Hmm

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Wanna see those skill gems

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
Theorycrafting: I was thinking of Winter Orb CWC Glacial Cascade or Ice Spear... or maybe Arctic Breath

5khp is a bit risky, but I'd have high power temp chains keeping me relatively safe. Can I get your thoughts? Ideas for improvement? Critique? 700k shaper dps with not working helmet fossil

https://pastebin.com/f30p8XNj

edit: Hypothermia can be swapped for GMP/volley for clear, staff crit picked up over going to shadow starting area. Void Batteries possible.

KomeradeCanadian fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 5, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealNurturingTardigradeJebaited

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Scottishprog posted:

What would a good overall strategy be for a semi-noob?

(Yes, I will be trading, did ok the last time I tried....)

- Push to maps?
- Or something else?

So far I have used cheapish beginner builds, because I never really make enough for a high-cost second character.

Just trying to push the limits of what I can do a bit....

Hit maps day one and ride the first few days of wealth train so you never have to worry about money again. Otherwise enjoy grinding ex. It's far more effort to make currency after week one.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
How bad of an idea is Ngamahu's Flam consecrated path as a league starter?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Doesn't really play to the strength of ngamahu which are the balls.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I think you'd want something with better hit rate if you were to use that axe

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Dance Officer posted:

How bad of an idea is Ngamahu's Flam consecrated path as a league starter?

I was considering going CP as a league starter but with the stat stick nerf, I'm skipping it because I definitely used stat sticks with WED/crit to make it usable. Too lazy to try a rebuild/respec to see how it'd fare otherwise :pwn:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

Hit maps day one and ride the first few days of wealth train so you never have to worry about money again. Otherwise enjoy grinding ex. It's far more effort to make currency after week one.

Yes but what if I'm not a poopsocker and can play a couple hours on the first wekeend then maybe 5-10 per week till I get tired of the character 1/3 in to league at level 84? What then???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

You can do that with any build really