Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mazz posted:

I really dislike all the jobs that give you just society research since it tends to make the research trees really unbalanced
There's a tonne of ways to get extra physics from space, it'd be great if some planet jobs gave engineering to balance it out.

e: this tops the page and space tacos get stuck at the bottom of the last. I wish I'd posted in the other order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I haven't played the beta yet, but I'd kinda rather alloys stayed where they were, and FE's and crises fleets were adjusted instead of the alloys buff. I'm dumb and could be very wrong though

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Staltran posted:

The other sources provide less unity, true, but more other stuff. Entertainers provide 10 amenities, for example. 10 amenities and 2 unity seems far better than 3 unity 3 society. That actually seems really good, having mostly played hive minds in 2.2, who'd need two maintenance drones for that and wouldn't get any unity. More building slot efficient too, unless the hive has the prosperity tradition that gives maintenance depots an additional 2 jobs. Technocracy researchers obviously provide much more research, as do utopian abundance unemployed pops (for less upkeep too, and no building slot limitations, or building upkeep). All of those seem significantly better than synapse drones, even though they give less unity. Except culture workers, which are even worse than synapse drones, but you also have good options.

3 unity and 6 amenities seems far better than 3 unity and 3 society to me.

You get synapse drones from day one, yes, but I'm almost certain that's a trap choice. Running synapse drones instead of tech-drones or agri-drones or mining drones in the beginning of the game seems like it would cripple your economy. You're likely better off shutting those jobs down (as well as the hunter-killer, of course).

So if you build entertainers instead of a culture building, you're getting -2 unity and -4 society for +20 amenities. *Or* you're using an additional building slot and 2 additional pops to get that bonus, so saying the hive needs to build another building for amenities means it is sort of a wash?

2 culture workers, 2 entertainers is: 4 society, 10 unity, 20 amenities. 2 synapse, 3 maintence is: 6 unity, 6 society, 15 amenities.

Drones use 0.75 amenities on your 100% hab planets, normal empires use 1.0. So producing 75% amenities isn't a big deal because you consume 75%. You're getting 4 unity for 2 society which is a good deal since tech costs tend to be higher.

The difference here isn't huge though, really not enough to be lamblasting synapse drones. Early on saying "this source of unity isn't the best in the game, you should turn it off" is the worse trap option, because then you're left with no unity. Instead you should realize that you can colonize poo poo and get synapse drones when everyone else is stuck on goddamn colonists and half growth, and roll out unity picks stupid fast. A spiritualist specced specifically for unity can probably beat you, but thats about it.

Your economy should be able to handle it just fine. At worst you'll maybe run something at a deficit while you wait for pops to grow, but trading energy for unity is something you should take any day.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Had an interesting... issue.

Conquered a primitive civ with 24 pops and traits I didn't want. So I sold all of them on the market. The were bought up and...

The unrest from recently conquered civs was still there. Now normally this used to be apart of the individual civs in pre LeGuin, but now because its a planetary modifier, I have to wait it out even though there's no people who are actually causing the instability.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think they need to buff Consumer Goods like they did Alloys. I just cant get it to work. Going to try building NO BUILDINGS that require consumer goods, as a race that has a total of -20% Consumer Good consumption.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Corbeau posted:

I think what's most strange to me is that jobs only come from crime and player-built buildings. It's like every single government type is a command economy and any private enterprise is considered criminal. There really ought to be a chance for unemployed pops to do self-sustaining things other than crime or waiting for the president to build a new factory (unless your government really does criminalize all non-state enterprise).

you want to play https://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/Distant_Worlds_Universe/

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

ZypherIM posted:

The difference here isn't huge though, really not enough to be lamblasting synapse drones. Early on saying "this source of unity isn't the best in the game, you should turn it off" is the worse trap option, because then you're left with no unity. Instead you should realize that you can colonize poo poo and get synapse drones when everyone else is stuck on goddamn colonists and half growth, and roll out unity picks stupid fast. A spiritualist specced specifically for unity can probably beat you, but thats about it.

Your economy should be able to handle it just fine. At worst you'll maybe run something at a deficit while you wait for pops to grow, but trading energy for unity is something you should take any day.

Trade builds also unity really fast if you go into 0.5e 0.15unity per trade value at game start.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think they need to buff Consumer Goods like they did Alloys. I just cant get it to work. Going to try building NO BUILDINGS that require consumer goods, as a race that has a total of -20% Consumer Good consumption.
CG are fine. Remember if you are having CG issues you can always change your living standards, losing some happiness but also lowering your CG expenditure.

Also that won't work because researchers.

it's possible to build almost no Civilian Industries as a Megacorp and get them all off trade.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 12, 2018

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Trade builds also unity really fast if you go into 0.5e 0.15unity per trade value at game start.

CG are fine. Remember if you are having CG issues you can always change your living standards, losing some happiness but also lowering your CG expenditure.

Also that won't work because researchers.

Yea I can see trade being able to nab lots of unity, though that is a bit more of an opportunity cost because you can't select the consumer goods option for trade. And if you're going to build stuff to produce one of the two, artisans *only* make consumer goods so the unity producing buildings get some extra action.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Jazerus posted:

you folks have to stop playing on default settings, it's not good

75%-100% AI density, 3x gates, 2x wormholes, 0.5x-0.75x habitable worlds, lots of primitives

i had wondered why people considered gates to be a late game thing until i remembered that at 1x gate density the ruined gate network is mostly useless so you have to wait for gate construction to make a good intra-empire network and most folks play with the defaults

but, uh, don't do that. the defaults are not actually a sensible set of options to showcase stellaris's strengths and create a vibrant, diverse galaxy

I already play with pretty high AI density most of the time, and I can definitely see why more gates would be nice, and more wormholes would probably be really nice now that you can more easily spend starbase cap on bastions... But why lower the amount of habitable worlds and increase the amount of primitives? Wouldn't having fewer habitable planets just slow down the game and push you towards habitats? And what's the point of more primitives, I don't think a primitive civilization has ever been interesting in any way in any of my games. Wouldn't that combined with less habitable worlds just heavily encourage you to play non-xenophiles so you can invade primitive worlds?

Corbeau posted:

I think what's most strange to me is that jobs only come from crime and player-built buildings. It's like every single government type is a command economy and any private enterprise is considered criminal. There really ought to be a chance for unemployed pops to do self-sustaining things other than crime or waiting for the president to build a new factory (unless your government really does criminalize all non-state enterprise).

Pops generate trade value just from existing, so it's pretty clear that all non-gestalts have a private sector. It's just abstracted away. It's probably similar to how pops in Victoria only represent adult men. Didn't Wiz talk about how pops aren't all the same size during the Great Immigration Shitposting, too? That would fit with there living people in your empire not included in your pops. So under-represented species growing more pops might actually not mean the species makes up as big a part of your population as it does your pops?

ZypherIM posted:

So if you build entertainers instead of a culture building, you're getting -2 unity and -4 society for +20 amenities. *Or* you're using an additional building slot and 2 additional pops to get that bonus, so saying the hive needs to build another building for amenities means it is sort of a wash?

2 culture workers, 2 entertainers is: 4 society, 10 unity, 20 amenities. 2 synapse, 3 maintence is: 6 unity, 6 society, 15 amenities.

Drones use 0.75 amenities on your 100% hab planets, normal empires use 1.0. So producing 75% amenities isn't a big deal because you consume 75%. You're getting 4 unity for 2 society which is a good deal since tech costs tend to be higher.

But what about if you instead did 4 entertainers, yielding 4 unity and 40 amenities? That seems far superior to 4 society/10 unity/20 amenities, trading 4 society and 6 unity for 20 amenities. Similarly you could run 3 maintenance drones and e.g. 2 tech-drones, trading 6 society and unity for 8 base energy production and 4 food and 4 energy in reduced upkeep (and increasing your empire cap by 1, but you're also left with another open job slot). That seems better too.

I'm not lambasting synapse drones specifically, but also culture workers, which are even worse. I completely disagree with turning off your unity early being a trap option. It's not about the source of unity being the best in the game, it's about being better than non-unity jobs. Maybe you should try to power through most of expansion early, but that's it. Even then the finisher and starbase upkeep are unimportant. Yes, you're left with no (or rather little, you get some base and from any hunter-killers you have to run) unity, but that's better than being left with no energy to buy alloys (pretty sure that's still more efficient for hives early game than producing them yourself) or upkeep your poo poo, and no food for colony ships and upkeep. You can always build a synapse cluster on every planet later, when you can afford it, to make up for the lost unity. Yes, you could roll out unity picks stupid fast, but why would you when the cost is so great? Traditions seem generally weaker overall in 2.2 than in 2.1 to me, and even in 2.1 going hard on unity seemed unwise. Plus empire size is more lenient than the old penalties, so the cost won't go up as much. Running synapse drones seems like it's significantly worse than starting an autochton monument instead of a mine before unpausing was in 2.1, which was already pretty bad.

I completely disagree that you should always trade energy for unity. I think you're really overestimating how valuable unity is, at least until ambitions are available, but that's late enough to not matter that much and we were talking about early game anyway.

Building autochton monuments early seems even worse than synaptic clusters. Temples might be ok I guess, but still seem on the weak side.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I'm still firmly in the start of the first game I've played in 2.2, but I've gone from liking the districts (more meaningful choices! less micromanagement!) to getting really pissed at just how slow they are. I need more alloys, but I don't have any way to get more until five pops grow on one of my planets -- and they grow at a snail's pace. Then oh wait, that's a high paying job and they'll need amenities; that's another five pops who need to grow before I can get any more, and it's not an empire-wide resource, I've got to make them locally. So now increasing my alloys means waiting out ten pops. Sure, I can get some research to make pops grow faster, but research is loving scarce as hell now because increasing that is a different five pop opportunity cost and it'll be decades before I get another shot at it. Oh, and for each of these five pop milestones I get... two jobs! So three people get to be loving unemployed and I can't do anything about it! Yay!

At least with tiles every pop was meaningful for production and if I needed something I could put down a building for it right away. It'd be a lot better if alloys and research came from districts too; these are not luxury items I can think about producing just to make my citizens happier or something.

The mistake you're making is treating your buildings as permanent slot occupiers. I mean they're reworking alloy balance, but for now if you need something then upturn an old building for it. You don't have 3 entertainment facilities, 3 alloy factories, and 3 civilian factories, you have 9 tiles currently occupied by those buildings. Use the galactic market or inter-empire trading to shore up deficits if you need to.

You don't need to wait for 5 more pops to build your next alloy factory, you just need to be willing to sacrifice other kinds of production. edit: Also research the advanced buildings and their associated advanced resource extraction methods ASAP. Exotic Gas is real useful. Y'know, to what extent you can fast track any research in this game.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 12, 2018

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Staltran posted:

I already play with pretty high AI density most of the time, and I can definitely see why more gates would be nice, and more wormholes would probably be really nice now that you can more easily spend starbase cap on bastions... But why lower the amount of habitable worlds and increase the amount of primitives? Wouldn't having fewer habitable planets just slow down the game and push you towards habitats? And what's the point of more primitives, I don't think a primitive civilization has ever been interesting in any way in any of my games. Wouldn't that combined with less habitable worlds just heavily encourage you to play non-xenophiles so you can invade primitive worlds

this is a good point, i was habitat-obsessed in 2.1 and haven't re-evaluated my settings now that planets have nearly limitless space on them. i think colonies coming more slowly is better in general, and habitats having a reason to exist is good, but it may be too much now.

primitives themselves aren't that interesting, but a galaxy with an extremely large number of species is. even with max AIs you're not going to have all that many species unless you have plenty of primitives and pre-sentients floating around. it gives you a lot more people to uplift, or enslave, or save from slavery. basically just more variety. i usually play with a trait mod (xenology) and i like seeing the wide variety of traits actually get used every game, too.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

primitives suck because i cant abduct them as despoilers >:|

also why did they make this primitive building art if they just vanish when you invade....

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Staltran posted:

I completely disagree that you should always trade energy for unity. I think you're really overestimating how valuable unity is, at least until ambitions are available, but that's late enough to not matter that much and we were talking about early game anyway.

By leaving my unity on I can get -10% influence cost on starbases before I've built a 2nd starbase, I can get an extra pop on colonies before my first one finishes, colonies done 25% faster, growth +10%, 20 admin cap, and -20% starbase upkeep. All of those, outside of maybe admin cap (you won't have hit it yet) and starbase upkeep (overall upkeep probably isn't that big yet) are very, very good early game. Then you've got several very useful early game ascension perks to choose from.

To be honest, the value doesn't really stop there. All the trees have value depending on what you're needing after the very early game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
So I want to make the different factions from the game Warframe, but I'm garbage at making species, so could really use some help making these at least somewhat viable:

The Orokin:
Extremely proficient genesmiths, to the point where even buildings and ships are "living", being grown rather than built. This has the benefit that they're practically immortal, if not physically so, they can even do body transfers. Their morals practically is that they have none, with gene experimentation on even high-level military personnel being common, their reproduction rate is probably quite low. They have a clone worker caste that is based on extremely strong workers that incubate extremely fast and thus doesn't have a lifespan to speak of.
(Obviously needs to start with the thing that allows you to design a subservient species)

The Grineer:
The worker caste of the orokin left to fend for themselves after the orokin got defeated, turned extremely militarist. Due to failing cloning elements, they are heavily augmented and are quite ugly(Pretty much think deadpool syndrome)
(Probably militarist/authoritarian)

The Corpus:
Calling them capitalist would be a grave understatement, if they can profit from something, they will. They'll sell to anyone and anything, if someone gets into debt you'll most likely be sent to a place that needs heavy body augmentations to survive in, bill you for said augmentations and basically keep you in debt slavery. one of the main people of this faction even has a religion that worships money as a veiled excuse to take your money as donations.
(Materialist/spiritualist megacorp)

The Infested:
A bioweapon gone wild, designed by the orokin as a scorched earth weapon that infests any biological matter it comes upon, absorbing it into the hivemind, grows incredibly fast and adapts to basically any biome it comes upon, including space itself.
(Definitely a devouring swarm of some kind)

The Sentient:
A biomechanical terraforming AI designed by the orokin to terraform another star system in preparation for colony ships, attained sentience and realized the orokin would just ruin this system like they did the last so the best course of action is to destroy the orokin. They can adapt to pretty much anything both biomewise and incoming weapons fire wise.
(Pretty much the mechanical version of the devouring swarm, I forget the name)

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Splicer posted:

There's a tonne of ways to get extra physics from space, it'd be great if some planet jobs gave engineering to balance it out.

e: this tops the page and space tacos get stuck at the bottom of the last. I wish I'd posted in the other order.

The specific numbers do need individual tuning because different builds can get different amounts from space/jobs. For now I'm just focusing on the ME coordinator job's society because I definitely know that isn't working.

Here's a current example:

Across 9 developed machine worlds and every station in my space utilized, I'm producing slightly under 2x Society as I am the other 2, almost entirely on the backs of Coordinators, who produce a base 3 society each before modifiers (currently 4.9 each this game).

From some quick and dirty testing, changing coordinators to 1-2-1 of each research gives you a much more balanced and reasonable end amount:

Those totals are 1287/1490/1228 respectively, since the UI doesn't show 4 digit numbers for unknown and confusing reasons.

The short answer though is there's really no reason this specialist job needs to produce 3 society. It should either produce like 1 society and extra unity/etc or 1-2-1 as shown there. My guess is this type of imbalance is also visible a lot of other builds, like hive minds. Another very workable solution is to add engineering to replicator/fabricator jobs and physics to someplace else, to even out the end totals resulting from job-based production.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 12, 2018

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

You can see a suitability for consecration by hovering your mouse over the consecration decision. I tinkered with it a bit to see if I could find breakpoints but the only thing I could see making a difference was size.

Once you actually consecrate it, then yeah, there's the dice roll, which seems to be modified by the suitability.

Also, it's only like 100 influence to reroll a consecration, which seems weird?

That math mostly makes sense, but...yeah. Once I get home I'll take some screenshots of the different suitabilities. Bigger planets were definitely weighted as better than smaller planets.

I think tomb worlds should be held to a lot higher regard, especially since the spiritualist pop faction already seems to venerate tomb worlds. They don't care if you populate a gaia world, but a tomb world gets them all rowdy.

A gaia world is God's gift to mollusckind. A tomb world is a graveyard. You don't live on a graveyard.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

primitives suck because i cant abduct them as despoilers >:|

also why did they make this primitive building art if they just vanish when you invade....

You absolutely can, I've been testing out a despoiler build and some primitives showed up next to me. I've just left my ships idling over their planet raiding them. I dunno if it was different pre-2.2, but you need to wait for desolation to hit 25%.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Weird, i tried a couple times and my guys would not bombard.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Might be a Native Interference option in policies? edit: Make sure you have it set to Unrestricted, that might be it.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 12, 2018

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Looks like I was wrong, all the non-tomb worlds say they'll roll better. The tomb world just says:

sullat posted:

A gaia world is God's gift to mollusckind. A tomb world is a graveyard. You don't live on a graveyard.

But you could baptize one~

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Magil Zeal posted:

I don't think it's related to pathfinding because not everybody seems to encounter it, but it's basically on any speed at a certain point in the game (reports vary), the game will briefly freeze for a second or two every "tick" or so. Most reports are that the problem becomes worse the later in the game you go.

Basically this. For me on a medium map, it takes between 20 and 25 years before it starts, but once it starts it will go from the tiniest of hitches to several seconds within a few months.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

ZypherIM posted:

By leaving my unity on I can get -10% influence cost on starbases before I've built a 2nd starbase, I can get an extra pop on colonies before my first one finishes, colonies done 25% faster, growth +10%, 20 admin cap, and -20% starbase upkeep. All of those, outside of maybe admin cap (you won't have hit it yet) and starbase upkeep (overall upkeep probably isn't that big yet) are very, very good early game. Then you've got several very useful early game ascension perks to choose from.

To be honest, the value doesn't really stop there. All the trees have value depending on what you're needing after the very early game.

Yeah thinking on it I have to admit the first few traditions are cheap enough that it's worth working the two synapse drones in your capital. But as you said, the starbase upkeep isn't really that good, so I think you should stop unity production before that, and probably before the admin cap. The finisher is useless early, and I have no idea what "very useful early game ascension perks" you're talking about. The edict duration one? I know this is heresy but technological ascendancy is bad.

Tradition cost increases polynomially as you take more traditions, so after you get the first few cheap ones unity's value decreases significantly. This is especially true if you complete expansion, since you get two traditions at one (the finisher counts). So I'm really not convinced you should continue unity production early after completing a full tree at most. Getting 4 traditions deep into expansion seems best, maybe five for the admin cap. But your tech pace is low early anyway, so the tech boost isn't important, and obviously tradition cost isn't either if you're not producing unity.

And of course traditions have value, but they're also not free.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Turns out I never bought Distant Stars when I played through last summer and I'm looking at throwing it into the cart with MegaCorp. Is it really as bad as the reviews make it out to be? Anything redeeming about it?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Nalesh posted:

The Corpus:
Calling them capitalist would be a grave understatement, if they can profit from something, they will. They'll sell to anyone and anything, if someone gets into debt you'll most likely be sent to a place that needs heavy body augmentations to survive in, bill you for said augmentations and basically keep you in debt slavery. one of the main people of this faction even has a religion that worships money as a veiled excuse to take your money as donations.
(Materialist/spiritualist megacorp)

If you're using Nef Anyo as leader, they are far more Spiritualistic than anything else and freely use Gospel of the Masses to represent his scummy prosperity void cult.

Regular Corpus I'd put them into regular Materialists by Stellaris standards. You wont be able to make a 100% translation but you can get close enough because of the Materialistic/Spiritualistic opposition.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

it's possible to build almost no Civilian Industries as a Megacorp and get them all off trade.

I am literally running a zero civilian industries Subversive cult right now, and thats with getting hosed by having two megacorp neighbours so I have no branch offices and am missing huge amounts of trade. Whenever I need more consumer goods, I build a commercial zone. When I have a surplus of about 5-10, I plop down another consumer goods using building. Consumer goods running low? Get more trade value. Building your own consumer goods is for squares.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Shumagorath posted:

Turns out I never bought Distant Stars when I played through last summer and I'm looking at throwing it into the cart with MegaCorp. Is it really as bad as the reviews make it out to be? Anything redeeming about it?

Steam reviews are useless for Paradox games fyi. They're gonna all be mixed because of Redditors review bombing it religiously out of an ideological opposition to how Paradox does DLC.

Distant Stars is one of my favorite Stellaris DLC because it's more of what makes the game great. Weird space poo poo. Tons and tons of new events, and L-Gates that lead to a mysterious extragalactic cluster with random Weird poo poo to find.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Shumagorath posted:

I think it got review bombed because the incomplete Simplified Chinese localization files (that you had to put in a mod anyway to use them) were removed in the patch? Anyway the L-Gates are neat. There's also a bunch of anomalies, if you're into those.

I had a great three player MP lan soon after DS came out where we barely survived after one of us opened the gates early, with I think one normal AI empire alive. Also the one who opened the gates survived with a skngle newly founded colony under the protection of the player who had no gates near him and had a lot more time to prepare. I had an empire that had two gates nearby on the opposite sides of my empire, and the local hyperlane network was really twisty so I had to abandon half of my empire. Which had most of my anchorages, so my upkeep exploded as I built new ones and I had to beg the guy who was far from the gates for cash. But I was hitting the midgame power spike when the gates opened so I was able to recover and build the most powerful fleet in the galaxy (except the FEs, and also as I mentioned there were only 4 normal empires left...) and lead the human players's fleets to victory against the gray menace.

So I definitely got my money's worth from it.

e: Oh and the player who was far from the gates (i.e. the one who had more than single planet left and wasn't me) had a... pathfinding mishap when we were gathering our forces in my territory. One of his fleets tried to take the fastest route... through Terminal Egress.

And I was playing life-seeded, so I only lost droid pops during the crisis. All of my sapient pops were safe at my homeworld.

Staltran fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 12, 2018

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

But you could baptize one~

That reminds me. I've consecrated Uranus, but what are the benefits of doing so? Where is the tooltip w/ the empire modifiers?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sullat posted:

That reminds me. I've consecrated Uranus, but what are the benefits of doing so? Where is the tooltip w/ the empire modifiers?

In your empire overview screen where your empire-wide buffs are listed.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Shumagorath posted:

It's probably at least the second best DLC if you at all like the exploration elements of Stellaris, which you should 'cause they're still one of the best parts of the game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

sullat posted:

That reminds me. I've consecrated Uranus, but what are the benefits of doing so?

There's no benefit, but I appreciate it all the same.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Here is a bug report, off the beta patch: hive mind with inter-dimensional trade. You've accounted for not being able to use trade in this case, so the worker produces amenities. However, the random event that gives consumer goods which I can't sell on the market so I've got some just hanging out now.

Also the subterranean liaison still makes trade good for hive minds, which make those jobs basically useless.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Robotic Caravaneers came through my Empire. They were welcomed, very very warmly.

It was very anime, there are now half human-half robot offspring on my planet.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

sullat posted:

I'm not sure about the benefits, but the drawback is losing access to the gas resources.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can anyone explain to me what this means?

I am currently actively purging a species but I still have the upset faction. It seems absurd to me that if I am a Materialist Authoritarian empire I cannot do anything but Stratified Economy (I am currently on Academic Privilege) if I dont want to have a super pissed faction.

DatonKallandor posted:

I am literally running a zero civilian industries Subversive cult right now, and thats with getting hosed by having two megacorp neighbours so I have no branch offices and am missing huge amounts of trade. Whenever I need more consumer goods, I build a commercial zone. When I have a surplus of about 5-10, I plop down another consumer goods using building. Consumer goods running low? Get more trade value. Building your own consumer goods is for squares.
I am tempted to try doing something like that to help fix my problem. It doesnt consume trade goods to build a Commercial Zone and gives 5 jobs for one building.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Can anyone explain to me what this means?

I am currently actively purging a species but I still have the upset faction. It seems absurd to me that if I am a Materialist Authoritarian empire I cannot do anything but Stratified Economy (I am currently on Academic Privilege) if I dont want to have a super pissed faction.

I am tempted to try doing something like that to help fix my problem. It doesnt consume trade goods to build a Commercial Zone and gives 5 jobs for one building.

Um... your pops are authoritarian so they like it when you do authoritarian things. That's kind of the point.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

They want your own species to be stratified.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah you made an empire of nazis you gotta start separating people into untermensch asap.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Clarste posted:

Um... your pops are authoritarian so they like it when you do authoritarian things. That's kind of the point.
Yes, and the Tool Tip says I need to do one of these three things:
  • Purge
  • Be Stratified
  • Enslave
I am doing one of those and the faction is still pissed. I very clearly stated that in my first post, why do I have to explain it again?

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

They want your own species to be stratified.
Do they want me to purge my own species, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can't purge your own species but you can absolutely gently caress up your paups.