Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OctoberCountry posted:

This reminded me of an old Dave post from The Board about Vince's master plan for the Donahue appearance

The eventual 600 episode docudrama on Vince's life is gonna be loving fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Dave posted:

fly star vs toxin is a heck of a match. is there a site or a youtube or something to keep up with mexican indie deathmatch stuff?
also g-raver rules and jeff cannonball is so likable, i need to remember he's a good wrestler and not just "the deathmatch friend of tom". thanks!

A combo of the Luchablog twitter, LuchaTV on youtube and just random people. I'll also look up certain venues or promotions to see if anything has popped up.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

The eventual 600 episode docudrama on Vince's life is gonna be loving fascinating.

It's always weird how Vince hates Dave until he needs him for something. then Dave can call his personal number and poo poo

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
He only gives his personal number to big deals, like Dave Meltzer and Rick Bogner.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Randaconda posted:

It's always weird how Vince hates Dave until he needs him for something. then Dave can call his personal number and poo poo

Vince has seen Dave's biceps, and thus can never truly hate his secret robot son.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Big Dave posted:

idk if this is the right place to ask (or even the right forum) but im looking for deathmatch recommendations from this year. i've watched tournament of survival, ngi, and the 6/20 takeda/kodaka match from bjw. what else should i search out? even just a list of the top takeda matches would be much appreciated.

Takeda vs. Jun Kasai from Freedoms
Takeda vs Ryuji Ito from BJW Death Vegas
Takeda vs. Takumi Tsukamoto from BJW 1/2
Jun Kasai vs Takashi Sasaki from Freedoms Road to Blood Xmas
Takeda vs. Masaya Takahashi from Ryogokutan
Takeda vs. Abdullah Kobayashi from BJW in May
Takeda vs. Alex Colon in GCW
Jun Kasai vs. Takashi Iizuka from TakaTaichiMania

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was Awesome Truth any good?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

VJeff posted:

You know it was.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

VJeff posted:

Not amazing but better than they had any right to be, at least.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Dick Bastardly posted:

remember the classic "i'm a literal retard" gimmick haha (ie, Eugene)

If I were a wrestler I think I could probably pull that one off.

What's the worst storyline/gimmick WWE have ever done? Worst as in distasteful/racist/sexist, and specific to WWE because, well, they're on national television. I imagine everyone, including me, can immediately come up with a top ten without even a seconds thought, but I'm interested in if a consensus can be reached on what the shittiest thing is that WWE have ever put on TV.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

CityMidnightJunky posted:

What's the worst storyline/gimmick WWE have ever done? Worst as in distasteful/racist/sexist, and specific to WWE because, well, they're on national television. I imagine everyone, including me, can immediately come up with a top ten without even a seconds thought, but I'm interested in if a consensus can be reached on what the shittiest thing is that WWE have ever put on TV.

Do I have the thread for you! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876203

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Ha, completely missed this, thanks!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Are we in an infomercial? Is CityMidnightJunky a plant?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gavok here with an exciting internet offer!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You're telling me I can read EVERYTHING about WWE's most disgusting promotional tactics in one place?! How much do I have to pay for this?!

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

VJeff posted:

You're telling me I can read EVERYTHING about WWE's most disgusting promotional tactics in one place?! How much do I have to pay for this?!

Just £9.99 a month!! £9.99! Did I mention it was £9.99?! Oh my!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Just £9.99 a month!! £9.99! Did I mention it was £9.99?! Oh my!

, but if you sign up tonight, you get the first month FREE! That’s tonight’s pay-per-view, maybe a Takeover if you’re lucky, then next month’s pay-per-view, then it only costs NINE NINETY NINE!!!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What's the most low key entrance song in WWE history? I'd say either Viscera's song or the Nation of Domination theme

Don't post Low Ki's theme

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

What's the most low key entrance song in WWE history? I'd say either Viscera's song or the Nation of Domination theme

Ciampa

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Smoking Crow posted:

Just in purely musical terms I’d say Bray Wyatt’s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The New Day's theme is effectively just like clicking (A snare drum? I don't know instruments.)

There's music and even lyrics but you can never hear those on TV.

(Mickie's is similar. There's more music in there, but all you hear on TV is the same Toni Basil ripoff part that's like 8 notes repeating. That's not really a good answer to this question though.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 23, 2018

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The Mean Street Posse theme is just, like, half of a blues riff repeated for three minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAAn9lgj4wM

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

This is just drum pattern over synth tone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9F0TxFy3qE

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Follow up: what was viscera's gimmick

Was he a vampire

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddqrmj4nKfY&t=3s

"Conway's a body guy, a mountain of muscle that we want to sell as an arrogant show off that wants the audience to marvel at his physique... I know.. a RANDY NEWMAN RIPOFF!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was the right call.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Smoking Crow posted:

Stuck :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

"Conway's a body guy, a mountain of muscle that we want to sell as an arrogant show off that wants the audience to marvel at his physique... I know.. a RANDY NEWMAN RIPOFF!"

what

that theme loving owned

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The opening of his reminds me too much of "N.I.B" that it becomes a distraction.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Davros1 posted:

The opening of his reminds me too much of "N.I.B" that it becomes a distraction.

No, no, his old music.

The silent one

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Ciampa using John Cage for his entrance theme was very courageous.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

The ultimate in Signature Pharmacy physiques.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gaz-L posted:

this is more of a dr. john ripoff tbqh

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Smoking Crow posted:

Was he a vampire

Yeah.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
viscera's gimmick was mabel but evil. the commentators never talked about big visc's embrace of a 'gothic lifestyle' unlike the brood so he wasnt a vampire.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Yeah, Mabel was a happy, fun-loving fat guy who sometimes wore a crown. He was literally abducted and brainwashed on live pay-per-view by an angry death cult and thus became Viscera.

Vince McMahon, on commentary at the time, expressed his shock over one of his workers getting kidnapped and tortured by saying, "Ho ho! I don't think Mabel will ever be the same!".

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Rob Conway's theme ruled. Unfortunately it was the only good thing about Conway.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I sez to Viscera I sez...

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Viscera's gimmick was the world's largest love machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Viscera and Conway were both very good.