Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Feenix posted:

If I am looking for those scannable things on mars so I can complete Phobos Junction (I have 2/3) are there better maps and worse maps to look for them? Some of these maps I get lost on and don't know where I have and haven't been, etc.
If I re-play a map will it respawn a new one to scan or have I used that map's one up?
Do they guaranteed spawn on EVERY map?

You can re-use nodes for the scanning until you hit the planet's limit which is between 3 and 7 - Mars has 5 according to the wiki. Yes, they show up on every mission except Defense and Interception. Well also not for Archwing.

If you put on a Loot Radar mod or put one on your companion, they'll show up on the map as blue blobs that are quite easy to see.

Using - to show the full map makes it easier to see what you've explored and haven't. I hit every door that's not marked objective or extract and finish off all the doors and areas behind that before coming back and going through the next door not marked green or red. Repeat and you'll cover the full map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
A little more in depth on the scannable object. It can spawn as a lore object or as an Octavia song piece. So some missions won’t have the blue lore orb and will instead have a purple fan looking thing. Just a heads up.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
There’s an Archwing mission on Phobos where you have to race to stop a transport from escaping. First time I was too late. Second time, I hustled as gently caress and was still late. Doesn’t help how squirrely the Archwing controls are. Hyper sensitive.

Any tips?

[Ed] Made it to the transports. 2 left. My gun on the Archwing was ineffective and they left. What to do?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 16, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Feenix posted:

There’s an Archwing mission on Phobos where you have to race to stop a transport from escaping. First time I was too late. Second time, I hustled as gently caress and was still late. Doesn’t help how squirrely the Archwing controls are. Hyper sensitive.

Any tips?

[Ed] Made it to the transports. 2 left. My gun on the Archwing was ineffective and they left. What to do?

There are hovering drones that shield the transports, shoot down the drones to render the transports vulnerable.

Focus on bringing a single transport down, you only need one to clear the mission. The game doesn’t tell you this but there are different rewards for the number you take down. Leaving one transport alive gives different rewards!

Build the Fluctus when you get a chance, it’s laughably overpowered compared to every other Archwing weapon and doesn’t require precision aiming like the Velocitus.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

All the default archwing gear is dogshit and I honestly think the amount of awful it is to slog through long enough to get decent mods and build new weapons is 80% of the reason everybody hates archwing.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I'm feeling a little lost on the progression in this game. Is there a solid Wiki or New Player's Guide around anywhere?

Just unlocked Mercury and it seems like I have a ton of possible paths.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

LordHippoman posted:

I'm feeling a little lost on the progression in this game. Is there a solid Wiki or New Player's Guide around anywhere?

Just unlocked Mercury and it seems like I have a ton of possible paths.

I’m in exactly the same place, found this guide yesterday which seems pretty informative:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vR41ia5_FmKfyfL9oGakbTc1qkzDJuL3AQ7-F40gmW4

Rarely been so overwhelmed by a game, there is just so much cryptic poo poo everywhere.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh wow, you can put a lens on your k-drive. Now I can literally grind some focus! :v:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
:psyduck:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Oh wow, you can put a lens on your k-drive. Now I can literally grind some focus! :v:

I remember when lenses were rare and you only put them in good things. :corsair:

Re: new player progression, broadly speaking, what you want to do is follow the junction instructions to Mercury, then turn around and go through Earth to Jupiter. You can farm Rhino parts from the Venus boss, then farm the materials for Rhino through planets up to Jupiter, then build Rhino. Level your gear up to 30 before you toss it. No exceptions.

After Jupiter you’ll start getting quests to offer more coherent story direction. You can do the introductory quests to the open world areas and putz around in them but they’re not really geared towards new players.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

I remember when lenses were rare and you only put them in good things. :corsair:
I remember having my 'focus loadout' which was one frame and set of gear I spent an agonising amount of time grinding PoE bounties for, so I could get greater / eidolon lenses on the frame, guns and everything.

Now I have a bunch of spares, and everything gets zenurik! You get a zenurik lens, and you, and you...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I remember having my 'focus loadout' which was one frame and set of gear I spent an agonising amount of time grinding PoE bounties for, so I could get greater / eidolon lenses on the frame, guns and everything.

Now I have a bunch of spares, and everything gets zenurik! You get a zenurik lens, and you, and you...

I started playing the patch Sorties were added to console and Shadow Debt was just coming out. That poo poo was hard at MR5.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm hitting kind of an odd roadblock. I've got all the pre-reqs for the Mars Junction done, but Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon are blocking the actual path there. I'm not sure how to "complete" those nodes.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

LordHippoman posted:

Thanks for the advice, but I'm hitting kind of an odd roadblock. I've got all the pre-reqs for the Mars Junction done, but Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon are blocking the actual path there. I'm not sure how to "complete" those nodes.

Go to Cetus, speak to Konzu. If you press start, you can fast travel to him if you don’t know who that is. He should have a noob bounty to do, which should satisfy the requirement.

Putting Plains in the critical path was such a douchey move by DE lol.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Go to Cetus, speak to Konzu. If you press start, you can fast travel to him if you don’t know who that is. He should have a noob bounty to do, which should satisfy the requirement.

Putting Plains in the critical path was such a douchey move by DE lol.

Yeah, it let me pass after running Konzu's first bounty and getting the coffer for Saya's Vigil. Thanks!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just finished The Second Dream and lol.

Also Uranus is the worst planet and gently caress those caches.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

World Famous W posted:

I just finished The Second Dream and lol.

:hai:

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Aww yus I got a +Range, Crit chance, Crit damage and -Status chance Cyath riven, that's hard to beat.

Any word on xbox clan plan Lightning Knight?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Weird happenings on PS4 last night. 4 goons actually grouped up and did something. Sorry I can’t figure out party chat. Hit MR 20 for that sweet sweet loadout slot.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m not looking for someone to list everything just a general answer. I’ve played maybe 20+ ours on Switch ( still noob class, I’m sure...) but I feel like I see mostly just flawed and regular versions of about (let’s just stick to frames) 20 mods. Is there a good bit more variety? Are there any truly unique or crazy mods or is everything just a standard stat booster type?
(Not a complaint, just curious)

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

NORTH-HALL posted:

Aww yus I got a +Range, Crit chance, Crit damage and -Status chance Cyath riven, that's hard to beat.

Any word on xbox clan plan Lightning Knight?

Sorry I asked but I totally forgot to follow up. I’ll do it when I get home this afternoon, I’m at work.

My clan currently has three active members including myself and we hunted our first teralysts last night. 3 on our first go. Well it wasn’t my first go but it was ours as a team. :yayclod:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

KDdidit posted:

Weird happenings on PS4 last night. 4 goons actually grouped up and did something. Sorry I can’t figure out party chat. Hit MR 20 for that sweet sweet loadout slot.

I was involved in that right? Did I embarrass myself? I was two glasses of rum into my evening by that point.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Feenix posted:

I’m not looking for someone to list everything just a general answer. I’ve played maybe 20+ ours on Switch ( still noob class, I’m sure...) but I feel like I see mostly just flawed and regular versions of about (let’s just stick to frames) 20 mods. Is there a good bit more variety? Are there any truly unique or crazy mods or is everything just a standard stat booster type?

There are things like Strange Growth, which makes flowers pop up out of enemies when you crit them. That's an extreme example though.

There are things like the full version of equilibrium, which gives you energy when you pick up health orbs and vice versa. There are a few which make you deal different damage when you bullet jump at enemies - the slash and toxin ones are mildly useful. Rage and Hunter Adrenaline give you energy when you take health damage.

There's also the Augur set, which gives you shields when you use an ability, and the gladiator set, which gives you +crit that rises with your melee combo multiplier.

There are probably more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The most famous weird mod they’ve added recently is probably Hunter Munitions, which causes critical strikes with primary weapons to force proc slash regardless of their damage composition at a certain percentage rate.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Neat! Thanks for telling me.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Sorry I asked but I totally forgot to follow up. I’ll do it when I get home this afternoon, I’m at work.

My clan currently has three active members including myself and we hunted our first teralysts last night. 3 on our first go. Well it wasn’t my first go but it was ours as a team. :yayclod:

Alright cool lets do a clan alliance thing or whatever and get me in on that \o/

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

NORTH-HALL posted:

Alright cool lets do a clan alliance thing or whatever and get me in on that \o/

Our current team is Oberon/Volt/Trinity (me), so if you have Chroma that’s good. Otherwise it really doesn’t matter what you play, we have the important utility stuff covered.

Tonight is D&D night for my irl friends tho so it’ll just be me after work.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

KDdidit posted:

I saw this about 20 minutes after you all stopped chatting. I only know it was 20 minutes later because one of you mentioned you can turn on chat timestamps in the options.

I mean seriously, why are timestamps not on by default?

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
Haha yeah I've got a kitted out Chroma I've been using for Orbs, I'm not great with snipers though but maybe a kitgun will be as good, Imperator Vandal maybe?.

I was usually Volt for eidolons.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

NORTH-HALL posted:

Haha yeah I've got a kitted out Chroma I've been using for Orbs, I'm not great with snipers though but maybe a kitgun will be as good, Imperator Vandal maybe?.

I was usually Volt for eidolons.

I mean if you want to play Volt we could probably two man. It doesn’t really matter.

My friend was using a Catchmoon kitgun and it worked but he has a Riven.

I have a no forma Vectis Prime and it did great. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Feenix posted:

Augments, which modify a Warframes powers in odd ways. Corrupted mods, which raise one stat sky high at the expense of another. Riven mods, which supercharge weapon stats. You've got lots of fun stuff to come. :)

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean if you want to play Volt we could probably two man. It doesn’t really matter.

Yeah worst comes to worst someone who can actually aim can stand on me and use the buff.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Can/does anyone want to trade with me? I really want Despoil, but I only have max rep with Steel and almost Red. I can trade any mods you want from Steel :unsmith:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

NORTH-HALL posted:

Yeah worst comes to worst someone who can actually aim can stand on me and use the buff.

My aim is... ok.

I’m trying to max out my Cetus stuff and build zaws and then I’ll go to Fortuna more. I built a rapier zaw yesterday expecting it to be mediocre and it loving destroys. :staredog:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Can/does anyone want to trade with me? I really want Despoil, but I only have max rep with Steel and almost Red. I can trade any mods you want from Steel :unsmith:

The Switch discussion is happening mostly on the discord in the OP, it's quite active. You'll have more luck asking there I think.

I don't have any of the syndicates, sorry. I love my Despoil/Shield of Shadows Nekros though, it just moved into my most used frame spot.

Edit: I bought mine from trade chat where if you make an offer for 15p you'll get sellers even though most people want 20p for syndicate augs.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I can give you Despoil (e; if you're on PS4!) but I warn you I found it a bit of a letdown. My Desecrate build tanks duration for range, so Shadows Of The Dead (or whatever it's called) becomes a bit pointless, and Soul Punch, while pleasing, is a sod to aim with a controller, so I found myself with poo poo loads of energy I had no use for in exchange for, occasionally, precarious health. However, hmu if you want it.

For my part, I need to find someone willing to trade me Secura Dual Cestras for any Telos or Synoid weapon. Trade chat ain't biting.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

v1ld posted:

The Switch discussion is happening mostly on the discord in the OP, it's quite active. You'll have more luck asking there I think.

I don't have any of the syndicates, sorry. I love my Despoil/Shield of Shadows Nekros though, it just moved into my most used frame spot.

Edit: I bought mine from trade chat where if you make an offer for 15p you'll get sellers even though most people want 20p for syndicate augs.

Sadly I don't have any plat otherwise I would totally take you up on that. Thank you though.

Pipski posted:

I can give you Despoil (e; if you're on PS4!) but I warn you I found it a bit of a letdown. My Desecrate build tanks duration for range, so Shadows Of The Dead (or whatever it's called) becomes a bit pointless, and Soul Punch, while pleasing, is a sod to aim with a controller, so I found myself with poo poo loads of energy I had no use for in exchange for, occasionally, precarious health. However, hmu if you want it.

For my part, I need to find someone willing to trade me Secura Dual Cestras for any Telos or Synoid weapon. Trade chat ain't biting.

I kinda just want it because it looks like a stupid fun build. Thank you for the heads up.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Shield of Shadows also scales off strength so adding Continuity to bring duration back closer to neutral while pumping strength for Shield and range for Despoil works pretty well.

Despoil's biggest problem is if you lose Vacuum for whatever reason, I find I die very quickly if I leave it on without Vacuum active.

I have default efficiency and energy pool which usually gives enough of the 150 energy pool to refresh Shield before it drops if I have a good set of enemies I want to keep around for a while.

E: Shield of Shadows isn't based on time but rather health. Duration decreases the rate at which health drops which is good, but strength increases the health pool which is better since it also increases their damage as well.

Mesadoram posted:

Sadly I don't have any plat otherwise I would totally take you up on that. Thank you though.

I wasn't trying to sell you one, to be clear. I don't have any to give.

Mesadoram posted:

I kinda just want it because it looks like a stupid fun build. Thank you for the heads up.

It is a stupid fun build. Run it with Health Conversion since that goes really well with Despoil. Here's what I'm running and it's great fun though I'm sure you can find way more specialized and optimized builds if you google:
Health Conversion - Shield of Shadows - Vitality - Stretch
Transient Fortitude - Despoil - Continuity - Intensify

That gives 72% damage reduction with Shield and something around/over a 3x health and damage multiplier for the summons. So they last a while and do decent damage too. The range from one Stretch is enough for Desecrate in my experience since by the time you've Vacuumed all that, you've taken long enough and moved around too so you've already desecrated everything else in range.

I've only stuck in one Forma, but I plan to put in an Exilus and maybe a couple more Forma.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 17, 2019

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Vegastar posted:

All the default archwing gear is dogshit and I honestly think the amount of awful it is to slog through long enough to get decent mods and build new weapons is 80% of the reason everybody hates archwing.

What archwing gear is good? I saw some recommendations for Velocitus online, and I see someone just recommended Fluctus, which I think is available at the dojo. Should I stick with Odonata or make something else? Archwing stuff is dogshit imo and there are a couple planets where the only thing I have left is an archwing mission I can’t get past. The “shoot the transports” one is one; and there was an archwing pursuit where I have to chase some ship around and shoot specific spots while it flops around in 3D space.

Also thanks to the kind soul that ran me through Derelict assassinate last night and then spent quite a bit of time trying to get me Ivara parts from Pluto.

I’m interested in doing eidelons if I’m around when others are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The Fluctus is so much better than every other Archwing gun it’s laughable. It can do Salacia by itself easy.

The Velocitus is good for Orbs but if you’re not MR12+ then just build it and level it and then store it for later.

The rest of the Archguns are... meh. I haven’t been able to test if some of them are better with the new dual stat mods and other stuff that came with Orbs. I’ll get back to you on that.

Archmelee is going to be the Centaur. Everything else is objectively worse. The Knux is probably very strong if you have the dual stat mods tho, as is Prisma Veritux, but the Centaur is just better.

Really they need to buff everything else to be as good as the Fluctus and Centaur, although it’s worth remembering that the current highest level Archwing content doesn’t go much higher than level 40.

* I’ve leveled every Archwing and Archweapon and I have forma’d Archwing gear.