Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Google is so good at apps, I love that my "stock android" phone now comes with like two different gallery apps and four different messaging apps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wheeee posted:

a Google project with vast, near unlimited potential, which will flounder for a few years before being quietly snuffed

It was made by techbros that cannot comprehend internet speeds below a Google campus.

It's going to be unusable for a lot of the country because our infrastructure is hot, stinky garbage.

Plus it hurts game preservation but that's a different story.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Google Stadia has the wrong kind of RAM

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Imagine if you could only play your Switch while docked.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mega64 posted:

mods?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

On a very cool note, I just showed my dad Turok on the Switch, it blew his mind. He used to play it on our PC like 20 years ago so seeing it on a handheld console really impressed him :unsmith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mega64 posted:

you can't scare me with that, i already lived through the wii u

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Zone 3 is where the game actually gets hard. Frigging backstabbing imps :argh:

Update I beat zone 2 and now zone 3 is absolutely kicking my rear end

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Is there a Stadia thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885007

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So I ordered Dark Souls for Switch from Amazon and I got a European copy. All of the text on the back is in French and Spanish, and Google isn't helping me find out if this version has English. I don't want to open it and try it out in case I need to return it.

I know the Switch isn't region locked, but uh...I want to play this in English.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm not going to practice or even buy the original. I'm guessing that the Zelda one will be a lot easier so I'm just going to coast on that

Rumor has it there is no easy mode.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nanigans posted:

So I ordered Dark Souls for Switch from Amazon and I got a European copy. All of the text on the back is in French and Spanish, and Google isn't helping me find out if this version has English. I don't want to open it and try it out in case I need to return it.

I have the digital version and I think it will just play in whatever language your switch is set to, with the following options:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oscar Wild posted:

Rumor has it there is no easy mode.

Cause it isn't hard

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Stadia forces you to play games in hard mode, even if there is no hard mode

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I'm here to say you should buy Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon because its the most adorable roguelike.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fancy Hat! posted:

I'm here to say you should buy Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon because its the most adorable roguelike.

does it have dancing skeletons

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fancy Hat! posted:

Signed and sealed

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

So if I never played OG Turok how accessible is the remaster? I love N64 graphics I’m just wondering if there are quicksaves and stuff.

Blaster Master 0 2 sounds cool, should I play 0 first?

Smirking_Serpent fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 21, 2019

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Andrast posted:

Deal if you also put in a well made hard mode into all the games that are too easy

Thanks to this deal Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch will now have permadeath.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So if I never played OG Turow how accessible is the remaster? I love N64 graphics I’m just wondering if there are quicksaves and stuff.

No quicksaves but the checkpoints are generous enough.
The game is centered around a hub where you go into levels to collects keys for other levels.

Lots of little hidden secrets and you can go back to an open level at any time if you think you missed something.

The enemies respawn and there is no actual point to killing them if you can run past. But you should kill them because it's fun.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Iron Crowned posted:

Rules, except for Greg, he sucks

What the gently caress

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

I jumped on Chocbo's MD Everybuddy once it became clear that it was a HD remaster of FF Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon.

Easily one of the wii's best hidden gems with a soundtrack that is to die for (and certainly was in the wallet department IIRC)

So its worth the $40? I know one person said they weren’t incredibly happy with it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So if I never played OG Turok how accessible is the remaster? I love N64 graphics I’m just wondering if there are quicksaves and stuff.

It’s pretty generous. I think you’ll enjoy it.

0 is great so yeah, play it first.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nep-Nep posted:

Thanks to this deal Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch will now have permadeath.

You joke, but when your favorite resident suddenly moves out without you knowing then it is effectively a permadeath.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If Animal Crossing Switch doesn't keep New Leaf's amiibo card support so I can keep my favorites forever then someone's gonna get hurt.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Zuzie posted:

You joke, but when your favorite resident suddenly moves out without you knowing then it is effectively a permadeath.

They still show up on your main street every now and then to go shopping/clubbing. And if they stop showing up there, then they're at the point you can get them to move in again, wowser bowser

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can someone point me to a seller that'll give me a stack of spoofed Amiibos or whatever?

I don't want a bunch of plastic toys but I'd like some bonus fish in BOTW.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Can someone point me to a seller that'll give me a stack of spoofed Amiibos or whatever?

I don't want a bunch of plastic toys but I'd like some bonus fish in BOTW.

Theres a reddit thread for making your own

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So apparently Nintendo released a current list of the top 10 indie games on Switch at GDC today.

What's interesting about that is that Shovel Knight Treasure Trove has fallen off it, but on the list at this point last year it had sold over 370,000 copies.

Surely it's sold more in the year since then. So the point being, selling ~400,000 copies of an indie game is no longer enough to even get you in the top 10 anymore. Holy poo poo! No wonder everybody who can slap together a copy of Unity is trying to get their games on this thing. The original Shovel Knight was made for ~$300,000 by a team of 7 people.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How is Undertale on there?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

How is Undertale on there?

by selling a lot of copies

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Google is loving trash at apps, I love that Chrome automatically opens the loving app I have that a website uses when I'm trying to visit the loving website itself.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

by selling a lot of copies

This

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

how much am i of a dumb idiot for starting the chocobo game on hard

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Nanigans posted:

If it helps I have the EU version on digital and I could set the language to English. Not sure about physical

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Brother Entropy posted:

how much am i of a dumb idiot for starting the chocobo game on hard

If you've played mystery dungeon games before you'll probably be fine. I remember playing that game on normal and not finding it particularly difficult.

edit: This is a remake/remaster right? If it's a new game entirely then ignore my answer.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What’s a good Switch case? Nothing tacky please.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hadji murad posted:

What’s a good Switch case? Nothing tacky please.

Anything that Hori makes is pretty good. You can't really go wrong with any of them though, just get whatever you like how it looks and that can hold what you need.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

how are the RDS cases? they're licensed and there are some cool designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

These look neat.

https://youtu.be/uOjcbdAU5Gw