Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

vandalism posted:

This game is way loving harder than dark souls lol
Yeah, it is really difficult, on the plus side, you feel even more accomplished when you find a shortcut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

git gud :smug:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

RatHat posted:

It's dying at all, not just the resurrect. I don't know if dying, resurrecting, and then dying again is 2x the dragonrot though. But you can't just avoid it altogether by not resurrecting.

WHAT
the link the other guy posted contradicts this in the first sentence

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Firstborn posted:

It made me go look up if any Tenchu games were playable on PS4. Ninja Gaiden was really good, too...

Tenchu, Shinobido, and Way of the Samurai kind of took their last gasps with the PS2, though both had portable games and Tenchu Z had a brief following on 360. It's smart that FROM took the spirit of Tenchu in a different direction because the brand name has almost zero caché any longer, even among fans of the original games.

God I'm excited.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

Kilometers Davis posted:

This post made me so god drat confused when I woke up today and opened the thread :eyepop:

Huh.

Game is great, the difficulty feels just right most of the time but some of these grabs have a lot more bullshit on 'em than others.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's already absolutely kicking my rear end.

Yeah I have died so many time. 2-3 hits you dead. Killing me harder than bloodborne for sure. Way harder than dark souls.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Gridlocked posted:

Do you guys think sekiro will have as long a shelf life as dark souls 3?

Yeah I'll probably play it once then uninstall it.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Then reinstall it! Sekiro: Please Install Twice!

But also, you can parry dogs !.
Also is the unspoilered picture of that moonlight great sword (btw I love the moon, and blood, motifs that are already present so far in Sekiro, it seems like ninja Bloodborne already), but is that fake? I guess I really don’t want to know, it would just be very unlike From or Miyazaki to say it’s not in the game then have it in the game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Firstborn posted:

WHAT
the link the other guy posted contradicts this in the first sentence

Yeah, it's wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This game is extremely pretty, and I can already tell I'm gonna be getting my rear end kicked a LOT

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

RatHat posted:

Yeah, it's wrong.

What is, the Polygon article or the post that contradicts it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Imhotep posted:

Then reinstall it! Sekiro: Please Install Twice!

I actually made a mistake. I'll definitely play this a second time high and never be struck once, not realise I've capped six bosses in a sitting and laugh like a lunatic every time a cinematic or boss comes up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Imhotep posted:

What is, the Polygon article or the post that contradicts it?

The post was by me so I mean the Polygon article.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Oh, my bad, didn’t see that you posted it. At least theres an item to, maybe, cure it? Knowing From and how confusing this already is, it probably won’t in the end. which is funny because it’s basically just as confusing as World Tendency

JBP posted:

I actually made a mistake. I'll definitely play this a second time high and never be struck once, not realise I've capped six bosses in a sitting and laugh like a lunatic every time a cinematic or boss comes up.

I’m already stoned and I have spliffs ready to go, I feel like this is a dumb mistake and I need to play it sober, but at the same time I’m just already giddy and laughing at the idea that I will have this game in my hands in less than three hours.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Gridlocked posted:

Do you guys think sekiro will have as long a shelf life as dark souls 3?

Since there is no multi then it will have to find longevity in its post-game content. It's not a Souls game so personally I don't expect anything novel after the credits. Anything else will be a happy surprise.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Does the Ogre's piledriver have some kind of hard to see tell that I'm missing because that attack comes out practically instantly when the warning symbol appears.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So gamestop preorders came with a replica katana letter opener, it's bigger than I thought it would be

*teleports behind u* go to sleep kid

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Imhotep posted:

I’m already stoned and I have spliffs ready to go, I feel like this is a dumb mistake and I need to play it sober, but at the same time I’m just already giddy and laughing at the idea that I will have this game in my hands in less than three hours.

Nah dude first run will own playing in enhanced mode. I did this with God of War and I needed a break after a couple of scenes due to pleasure overload.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Watching Ninja Scroll right now to set the mood, it's on Hulu.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Deified Data posted:

Since there is no multi then it will have to find longevity in its post-game content. It's not a Souls game so personally I don't expect anything novel after the credits. Anything else will be a happy surprise.

Yeah this is my worry, if there's no soulslike new game plus or sweet dlc it may die (twice) where as DS3 had me replaying it at least twice after fully finishing it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The thing that's loving me up off the bat is the lack of stamina. I keep falling back after landing a string of hits to regen stamina. Have to break my Soulsborne habits.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Imhotep posted:

Oh, my bad, didn’t see that you posted it. At least theres an item to, maybe, cure it? Knowing From and how confusing this already is, it probably won’t in the end. which is funny because it’s basically just as confusing as World Tendency

Gotta be stone sober for this to start I think. Would suck real hard to forget some core mechanic and just be loving up for the first few hours

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The thing that's loving me up off the bat is the lack of stamina. I keep falling back after landing a string of hits to regen stamina. Have to break my Soulsborne habits.

Can you just R1 forever?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm trying to play with the words "single killing cuts" in my head rather than hammering away and it's not massively effective but it's safe, stylish and makes me want to parry everything for the moral/mental SSS ranks I crave.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

Can you just R1 forever?

Yup. Can dodge as much as you want too.

JBP posted:

I'm trying to play with the words "single killing cuts" in my head rather than hammering away and it's not massively effective but it's safe, stylish and makes me want to parry everything for the moral/mental SSS ranks I crave.

I WANT to be efficient, but sometimes, just hammering on an enemy until their guard breaks is the best option.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

loving lol i've died so many goddamn times within the first like 2 hours, this game owns but is loving hard

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Basebf555 posted:

Watching Ninja Scroll right now to set the mood, it's on Hulu.

Ordered Kamui no Ken just to see if its as awesome as this while also listing to Lazerhawk.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Game is good. Tenchusouls is good.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I remember Dark Souls 3 taking 18 billion hours to unpack after preloading. Does Sekiro have the same preload issue?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

TopHatGenius posted:

I remember Dark Souls 3 taking 18 billion hours to unpack after preloading. Does Sekiro have the same preload issue?

I didn't notice any unpacking. Straight in as soon as I tried.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
This game. Beautiful, immersive, incredible. Too loving hard man. This might be too much. Big groups of enemies and super hard bosses. Maybe I just need to die more I guess but wow this is more than I expected.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god. Lobosjr is fighting (Mid game boss)Guardian Ape right now, and he farts on you and throws poop boulders(both of which can poison). :v:

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Sauer posted:

Game is good. Tenchusouls is good.

On second thought this game is lacking the poison rice dumpling. The most overpowered item in the original Tenchu.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This game is god drat awesome. The mechanics are unique and interesting, the controls are responsive and buttery smooth, the graphics are gorgeous and it runs like without issue on any even slightly modern computer. It's like a dream come true. I wish the bosses didn't hit so drat hard (why even give me a health bar if they take off 80% of it in one swing) but even still I have enjoyed every second of experiencing this wonderful thing so far.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This loving game is hard but I'm also convinced it's only going to be this hard until it suddenly isn't (quite as hard)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
drat im jealous of all the people playing already

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't be, we all suck rear end right now!!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

RatHat posted:

Oh my god. Lobosjr is fighting (Mid game boss)Guardian Ape right now, and he farts on you and throws poop boulders(both of which can poison). :v:

See this is why I WILL NOT be stone sober, also in The Last Guardian, Trico pooped moments before the last playable section of the game, which then lead to a very sad cutscene that made me cry, so I expect From to handle this with the style and panache that Team Ico did[/spoiler]

w00tmonger posted:

Gotta be stone sober for this to start I think. Would suck real hard to forget some core mechanic and just be loving up for the first few hours

JBP posted:

Nah dude first run will own playing in enhanced mode. I did this with God of War and I needed a break after a couple of scenes due to pleasure overload.

Also like the spoilered quote above this is why I am playing for the first time kind of stoned, as I will cackle like an idiot at this. Even though I definitely won’t make it that far.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

first bosses of the two non-prologue zones made me ragequit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Hey, I beat the early mini boss Ogre yay me.