Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Dabir posted:

yeah ok like what

Like being able to repressurize medbay after an assistant breaks the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

You were being hosed with. I have so many tokens the drat thing shows them in scientific notation and it's fine.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Justin Credible posted:

Pre-round statement from a red-texter.

"OOC: HydroFloric: Please do not hoard tokens folks or the token gnelf will take em"

What?

What does this mean? What is meant by 'hoard'? How many is 'hoard'? Why is it fair that an admin can arbitrarily decide I have too many tokens that I got from having an admin gently caress my round up or a sever crash dunking something fun I was doing as a traitor or whatever, and snatch them?

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

I asked in game as the statement was made near round start but whoever this admin is never bothered to clarify it at all, despite me questioning on the radio multiple times.

If you hoard tokens the token gnelf will take them, how is this unclear?

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

If you want to cut features that only exist for antags to exploit, might as well remove electricity. What purpose does it serve other than for a jackass to make you miserable and sabotage your job?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Dont Touch ME posted:

If you want to cut features that only exist for antags to exploit, might as well remove electricity. What purpose does it serve other than for a jackass to make you miserable and sabotage your job?

Whoa, whose saying this?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Justin Credible posted:

"OOC: HydroFloric: Please do not hoard tokens folks or the token gnelf will take em"

What?

What does this mean? What is meant by 'hoard'? How many is 'hoard'? Why is it fair that an admin can arbitrarily decide I have too many tokens that I got from having an admin gently caress my round up or a sever crash dunking something fun I was doing as a traitor or whatever, and snatch them?

I asked in game as the statement was made near round start but whoever this admin is never bothered to clarify it at all, despite me questioning on the radio multiple times.

yeah that was definitely a joke, we are not in the business of deleting players' antag tokens. in fact if we caught someone doing that it would be a serious deal and they might even get kicked off the team if they'd been actually doing it.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Mimesweeper posted:

i am very good at reddit, apparently

not my proudest skill in life but i will acknowledge it

all of that was in response to a post about how meatballs used to be called faggots and i said "yeah we've kind of grown up"

quote:

im permabanned spaceman syndiestomper58. i first started griffing nerds when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "robustness" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "put a donk on it" and "the captain is a comdom" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "robust" style of nanotrasen humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "are" robust to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Huh, okay. It was just a pretty sideways statement out of like, just people talking about tokens pre-round? And it was plausible that someone would say that earnestly for things I've seen in the past. Boo on me.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Justin Credible posted:

Huh, okay. It was just a pretty sideways statement out of like, just people talking about tokens pre-round? And it was plausible that someone would say that earnestly for things I've seen in the past. Boo on me.

I'm the guy hyperventilating at the thought of the admins taking away his precious tokens.

Maybe, just maybe... this is why they need to be taken away...

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
I will gladly take any tokens people don't want. Sincerely, a non-token-haver.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Actually implement a token gnelf that takes away tokens from people who got too many at roundstart, then make them spawn hidden on the station with a crew-wide announcement that whoever gets the killing blow recieves the tokens it stole. Make it the most annoying fucker to chase down and kill ever, teleporting around, health regen, etc so that the entire crew is busy constantly going on back and forth, breaking into departments, setting poo poo on fire and just causing utter chaos until someone finally emerges victorious.

Then they become the token gnelf and it all begins anew.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Make every token an antag token that you can redeem to be an antag

Also bring back TDM and death commandos and the vr maze and buff assistants thanks

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Greader posted:

Actually implement a token gnelf that takes away tokens from people who got too many at roundstart, then make them spawn hidden on the station with a crew-wide announcement that whoever gets the killing blow recieves the tokens it stole. Make it the most annoying fucker to chase down and kill ever, teleporting around, health regen, etc so that the entire crew is busy constantly going on back and forth, breaking into departments, setting poo poo on fire and just causing utter chaos until someone finally emerges victorious.

Make it a tiered token system if people are actually holding onto them in quantity. One token gets you al the normal antags, some higher value gets you a Maetcho Mahn or Badmin Bus or something.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Greader posted:

I think I can simplify this: name one monkey the token gnelf and give the ability to steal tokens.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
dozens of people chasing a monkey holding a bag of coins

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

THE MONKEY REACHES INTO YOUR CHEST AND PULLS OUT... AN ANTAG TOKEN? OH poo poo!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I haven't had an antag token since they were first implemented :(

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Greader posted:

i'm just picturing a chemnerd trying to mix whatever and then a gnelf appears. they give a quiet "oh no" followed by a giant mob of assistants tearing everything apart

monolithburger posted:

I haven't had an antag token since they were first implemented :(

that's because you never caught the token gnelf

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 3, 2019

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My heart starts racing and it all becomes too much and I have to cancel and ready again without using the token

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sometimes I'm a traitor and most times... I'm not!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Guess the owner of CarnEvil found a new job.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I think I have an antag token or two, but the one time I tried it, I forgot where I put all my landmines were and blew myself up going to help a guy. And I felt bad about the one guy I did blow up because he was nice but not sharp.

Basically, I would mostly antag to troll over harm. Because if I don't have the entire security department reenacting Keystone Kops, am I really living?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Changeling seems stupid easy. I was a chemist, so I was prepared to use all kinds of chems to aid my foul designs, but...it turns out that “hey, can I have a quick word with you in private?” is all you really need. I had 13 or so kills, and that was definitely not playing optimally—for instance, I mistakenly thought ‘Lings were immune to radiation and died while trying to secure a “free” kill. Luckily, my headspider bailed me out.

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club
I killed popecrunch during battle royale, can we keep this gamemode? :peanut:

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Changeling seems stupid easy. I was a chemist, so I was prepared to use all kinds of chems to aid my foul designs, but...it turns out that “hey, can I have a quick word with you in private?” is all you really need. I had 13 or so kills, and that was definitely not playing optimally—for instance, I mistakenly thought ‘Lings were immune to radiation and died while trying to secure a “free” kill. Luckily, my headspider bailed me out.

You don't even need to be sneaky, you can just ask people to hang out with you in the maintenance tunnels for a bit and a good 1/4th of people will just follow you in

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll agree to anything if someone takes the time to ask

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Lol if you dont just ignore your changeling duties and just greytide, abusing your regeneration to just keep reviving yourself when someone gets sick of your poo poo.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Best Changeling round I ever had was when I, a completely normal Captain and definitely not a Changeling, smoked a truly incredible quantity of weed with the Botanists for the first third of the round, spent the second third of the round making monkeyhumans and absorbing them (as one does), and spent the final third of the round wandering the station in a stoned haze, complimenting people on what a good job they were doing, regardless of what they were doing or whether it could reasonably be called "good" by any metric. At some point I went into horrorform for some reason I forget, but nobody batted an eye, as that's a normal human thing that normal Captains do under normal circumstances.

In the end, I was devoured by a rogue singularity just outside the escape shuttle, moments before it departed. The crew expressed grief at my death and lit joints in honour of the most normal Captain they had ever had.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You were a productive and positive leader of your crew.

By all rights you should be shot for treason against Nanotransen for breaking the regulations set out for Captains;

Safeguard the disk.

Be drunk/high at all times.

Do not all crew to progress in their careers or be productive in their departments.

SHAME on you! :colbert:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like just pissing people off, trashing their workplaces etc until they attack me in nerdmad frustration or get me arrested and then going horror form and declaring that they hurt my feelings. it makes their ghosts really mad for whatever reason

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

What if instead of changelings, we had clownlings...

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I like just pissing people off, trashing their workplaces etc until they attack me in nerdmad frustration or get me arrested and then going horror form and declaring that they hurt my feelings. it makes their ghosts really mad for whatever reason

okay, but what about when you play SS13

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

okay, but what about when you play SS13
same but I have more successful social interactions

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Justin Credible posted:

What?

Not only is this obviously a joke and the admin community would take disciplinary action on anyone who would arbitrarily remove tokens from a player, but we checked and you had no tokens on your account to begin with :raise:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Pacra posted:

Not only is this obviously a joke and the admin community would take disciplinary action on anyone who would arbitrarily remove tokens from a player, but we checked and you had no tokens on your account to begin with :raise:

where are my tokens, pacra

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Dont Touch ME posted:

What if instead of changelings, we had clownlings...

???

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I saw a Wereclown the other day and lived to tell the tale.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Not to be that guy but what is greytide?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Assistants spawn with grey jumpsuits. The entire job of the assistant is to be as annoying, useless, and insane as possible.

No one notices the greysuit until they stab you in the back. With the toolbox. Somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

Not to be that guy but what is greytide?

Loads of assistants doing what they want.