Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Radarr people -

When you've got the cut off quality of your movies, what is your next step? Leave it in Radarr for the length of time it's in your collection, or clear it out?

I found I was just leaving things in Radarr forever, but then going into it and using that to delete anything I was done, if I remember to even do that. But having Plex already keep a library of my movies I questioned what the actual point of doing this was (especially as I quite like using Plex to delete things these days). So I stripped a few hundred entries out now which probably had monitored tags in place for a bunch I really didn't need new versions of. I think going forward now I'll at the very least unmonitor stuff that's come down, then periodically delete the entries of those unmonitored ones. It's a shame there isn't a built in feature to unmonitor anything that's hit cutoff (I guess it doesn't for PROPER reasons, but cutoff+7 days or something would generally fix that) but there are scripts it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Why would you care? It's not like it's going out and burning API hits to look for something that's "monitored", unless you explicitly tell it to go looking for that stuff it'll just be watching for it in RSS feeds.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It just got really messy, having hundreds of lines for stuff that wasn't actually going to ever be needed again. I don't need Radarr to really tell me what I have in my collection already, as it was always faster for me to check in Plex (particularly when not everything that goes to the collection went through Radarr in the first place). Now I have 55 entries and I know they're all in there because I know I'm waiting for them, or I want better quality copies than I have already. Less chances of a last minute surprise at the end of the month when the cap is nearly used up - something that's definitely happened before.

Obviously different people want different approaches, but to me the other day I was like "why do I have all this crap listed here?" so I took it all out

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

There's an option in Radarr that might help - Unmonitor Deleted Movies in Media Management / File Management. If I read the help right, deleting the movie in Plex should cause an Unmonitor in Radarr. That should stop any re-download although it obviously won't delete the movie data in Radarr.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I flicked that one on the other day as it works really well in Sonarr. I now delete all my TV shows after watching in Plex, and the next time Sonarr checks the folder it knows not to download again which is really good. If it works just as well in Radarr, it'll be good to delete something I've watched as a WEB-DL knowing I won't wake up in the morning and the inevitable blu-ray isn't sitting in the folder out of spite.

The way things should run for me soon is having Radarr become a fairly invisible part of my setup, just going in every now and again to check on it and trim out the old stuff. I use the iMDB watchlist sync to add things for the most part, and it's pretty solid in doing what it needs to (and has done for the last bunch of years). It's not the most ideal UI on a phone view, so I'm glad "It Just Works".

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

No Sonarr that isn't in Russian that's just part of the title of the show.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Radarr people -

When you've got the cut off quality of your movies, what is your next step? Leave it in Radarr for the length of time it's in your collection, or clear it out?

I found I was just leaving things in Radarr forever, but then going into it and using that to delete anything I was done, if I remember to even do that. But having Plex already keep a library of my movies I questioned what the actual point of doing this was (especially as I quite like using Plex to delete things these days). So I stripped a few hundred entries out now which probably had monitored tags in place for a bunch I really didn't need new versions of. I think going forward now I'll at the very least unmonitor stuff that's come down, then periodically delete the entries of those unmonitored ones. It's a shame there isn't a built in feature to unmonitor anything that's hit cutoff (I guess it doesn't for PROPER reasons, but cutoff+7 days or something would generally fix that) but there are scripts it seems.

Leave it in. Are you going to watch it immediately and realize that it only has mandarin dialog? Are you going to remember every movie you ever added if you get the spur of the moment of "Hey let me add X?" (Or are you going to check 2 spots in that case?) Are you going to decide that 720/1080/4k is the highest you'll ever want to look at a movie and never want to go back and change the cut off on some titles? But I also don't go and delete things from Plex either. So maybe my PoV is massively different than yours.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh and I figured out why one of these shows is missing one. The episode is split into 2 episodes for Sonarr while the downloads I'm finding has them as a single episode. Ahahahhahahaha automation is wonderful, except when it isn't.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hughlander posted:

Leave it in. Are you going to watch it immediately and realize that it only has mandarin dialog? Are you going to remember every movie you ever added if you get the spur of the moment of "Hey let me add X?" (Or are you going to check 2 spots in that case?) Are you going to decide that 720/1080/4k is the highest you'll ever want to look at a movie and never want to go back and change the cut off on some titles? But I also don't go and delete things from Plex either. So maybe my PoV is massively different than yours.

Yeah I think I only hit this point because my library is pretty big now and has so many things in it that aren’t in radarr anyway (archive stuff that feels pointless adding for the sake of it). I tend to grab things like 4K remuxes by hand anyway in most circumstances, usually due to cap limitations. I think it’s simply a case that how I want to approach this poo poo has changed a lot over the last few years and this feels better for me now. We’ll see in 6 months time if it’s working out.

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh and I figured out why one of these shows is missing one. The episode is split into 2 episodes for Sonarr while the downloads I'm finding has them as a single episode. Ahahahhahahaha automation is wonderful, except when it isn't.

Welcome to the world of hating The TVDB. It’s a great service until it does stupid poo poo that doesn’t make sense. You’ll no doubt find a thread of someone(s) saying your specific example is being handled in a stupid way and then a mod will shut it down.

TheXEM.de try their best to undo the dumbfuckery when possible.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I think I only hit this point because my library is pretty big now and has so many things in it that aren’t in radarr anyway (archive stuff that feels pointless adding for the sake of it). I tend to grab things like 4K remuxes by hand anyway in most circumstances, usually due to cap limitations. I think it’s simply a case that how I want to approach this poo poo has changed a lot over the last few years and this feels better for me now. We’ll see in 6 months time if it’s working out.

Welcome to the world of hating The TVDB. It’s a great service until it does stupid poo poo that doesn’t make sense. You’ll no doubt find a thread of someone(s) saying your specific example is being handled in a stupid way and then a mod will shut it down.

TheXEM.de try their best to undo the dumbfuckery when possible.

I don't expect TVDB to know how people are going to name files, that's not TVDBs job. I do expect Sonarr to be able to figure out when a file is roughly twice as large as a bunch of other files and there's two episode names that are the same, that maybe the file downloaded is both of those files. Well I don't really expect that since I've used Sonarr, but it'd be nice.

https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/how-to-deal-with-2-part-episodes/9110
Also including my favorite poster Markus who always seems to be there to help but never actually helpful.

It failing would be fine. It asking me what to do would be fine. It happily doing it's own thing and renaming everything making it more difficult to fix the issue after the fact, is annoying and bad.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 9, 2019

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't expect TVDB to know how people are going to name files, that's not TVDBs job. I do expect Sonarr to be able to figure out when a file is roughly twice as large as a bunch of other files and there's two episode names that are the same, that maybe the file downloaded is both of those files. Well I don't really expect that since I've used Sonarr, but it'd be nice.

https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/how-to-deal-with-2-part-episodes/9110
Also including my favorite poster Markus who always seems to be there to help but never actually helpful.

It failing would be fine. It asking me what to do would be fine. It happily doing it's own thing and renaming everything making it more difficult to fix the issue after the fact, is annoying and bad.

I've never seen anyone have so many problems with Sonarr or this usenet automation stuff and I've been doing it for 10 years or more.

FWIW, Markus is the person who developed Sonarr.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is there an easy way to add things to my Sabnzbd queue when I'm outside my network and don't have direct access to SAB? I have access to a few different indexers but I'm not sure which ones, if any, offer some kind of watchlist functionality for SAB.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

NZBHydra will let you add things to NZBGet/SABnzbd using a web interface.

I had very few issues setting up the whole automation shebang a couple of years ago and I was doing it all from scratch having never used news groups before. It's now been working mostly flawlessly for several years. Maybe once a month I have to go fix something up.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Surely there's a way to get Dropbox etc to sync something to your NZB server's monitored folder.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Incessant Excess posted:

Is there an easy way to add things to my Sabnzbd queue when I'm outside my network and don't have direct access to SAB? I have access to a few different indexers but I'm not sure which ones, if any, offer some kind of watchlist functionality for SAB.

There are several phone apps that will let you do everything remotely (NZB360 is my favorite). You'd just have to forward ports on your router for whatever software you want to control (SAB, Sonarr, etc).

Violator
May 15, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Surely there's a way to get Dropbox etc to sync something to your NZB server's monitored folder.

This is what I used to do. Not very fancy but it worked well enough if something was time sensitive I had to get something going that moment.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Duck and Cover posted:

I do expect Sonarr to be able to figure out when a file is roughly twice as large as a bunch of other files and there's two episode names that are the same, that maybe the file downloaded is both of those files.
Adding in fuzzy guesswork like that sounds like a proper recipe for disaster in the making.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

NzbHydra with a reverse proxy for it works well.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Keito posted:

Adding in fuzzy guesswork like that sounds like a proper recipe for disaster in the making.

The odd thing is that this generally already works. I had a show that was formatted Looney-Tunes style (discrete 11 minute episodes, aired back to back in 30 minute chunks). Sonarr recognized that the file was named "E01S01-02" or something similar, and triggered both episodes as captured based on the one download. It was just the one show, and some release groups broke the episodes into their own individual files so it wasn't a common thing to deal with, but it generally worked for me.

EDIT: If anything, Plex had the harder time dealing with them despite the naming conventions.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Modern Leper posted:

EDIT: If anything, Plex had the harder time dealing with them despite the naming conventions.

Yeah sometimes it's easier to just spend some time and splitting the files apart by hand. I've never understood the obsession by TVDB of splitting episodes apart because they put two half length things in a regular time slot, it's so common and standard but hey. Luckily it mainly applies to kids shows and I don't watch kids shows so it rarely happens to me, but every so often a double length episode happens to a show and throws everyone into chaos.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The Modern Leper posted:

The odd thing is that this generally already works. I had a show that was formatted Looney-Tunes style (discrete 11 minute episodes, aired back to back in 30 minute chunks). Sonarr recognized that the file was named "E01S01-02" or something similar, and triggered both episodes as captured based on the one download. It was just the one show, and some release groups broke the episodes into their own individual files so it wasn't a common thing to deal with, but it generally worked for me.

It sounds like Duck and Cover had some oddball episode where TVDB has it listed as a two-parter but whatever group uploaded it called it a single episode.

If it were named properly it would have worked fine as you note.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I knew I had an example of this happening recently but I couldn't remember what - The Good Place. That was a loving pain to keep on top of this season.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

There are several phone apps that will let you do everything remotely (NZB360 is my favorite). You'd just have to forward ports on your router for whatever software you want to control (SAB, Sonarr, etc).

NZBClient on iOS as well.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Keito posted:

Adding fuzzy guesswork is fine if you have human interaction. "Hey human this look weird how should I handle it?" Automation that isn't perfect shouldn't act like it is.

Thermopyle posted:

I've never seen anyone have so many problems with Sonarr or this usenet automation stuff and I've been doing it for 10 years or more.

FWIW, Markus is the person who developed Sonarr.

10 years! Amazing. Clearly it's my fault I'm just new to this whole internet downloading thing. I'm just too stupid to understand Sonarr is really a good well oiled machine with no faults at all.

Markus is nice enough but his posts rarely if ever have what I'm looking for.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 9, 2019

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm just too stupid to understand Sonarr is really a good well oiled machine with no faults at all.

Yes, clearly this is what I was claiming.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

NZBClient on iOS as well.

Does this work with Sonarr/Radarr or just nzbget?

I think I might have to install nzbUnity through a convoluted OS X VM process soon because the lack of nzb360 is the only lovely part of my transition from Android to iOS.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just NZBGet, but it’s really good.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

Yes, clearly this is what I was claiming.

I don't think you understand hyperbole. Clearly you need more forum experience! I doubt my issues are much more then average but it appears that way because I've been downloading a lot to fill up my nas. It'd be more then average though because I do download older shows.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 9, 2019

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
The latest unlimited NewsDemon deal is $40 for 18 months ($2.22 a month). It can't get much cheaper https://www.newsdemon.com/billinginfo.php?pricepointid=20181203

From the owner on reddit "This is the best long term deal I will offer. I was having to frequently price match another deal from another outstanding provider so I just made this one up to make it easy for my team. Next week’s deals haven’t been decided but I promise there won’t be a long term deal better than $40/18."

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

sedative posted:

The latest unlimited NewsDemon deal is $40 for 18 months ($2.22 a month). It can't get much cheaper https://www.newsdemon.com/billinginfo.php?pricepointid=20181203

From the owner on reddit "This is the best long term deal I will offer. I was having to frequently price match another deal from another outstanding provider so I just made this one up to make it easy for my team. Next week’s deals haven’t been decided but I promise there won’t be a long term deal better than $40/18."

What happens when the 18 months is up?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What happens when the 18 months is up?

It renews at $40. I've never used bitcoin with their service, so I don't know how that would work with renewal.

Their other current deals are 500 GB block for $3 and 1000 GB for $8. Not sure why you'd buy 1 TB for $8 when I assume you can buy two 500s for $6. Here's the reddit thread.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Newsdemon has a VPN service included too which is fast enough for occasional Public WiFi usage or what have you.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just NZBGet, but it’s really good.

I liked it but I needed more direct interaction with my media grabbers so I ended up just installing OS X in a VM and doing the non-jailbreak method for installing nzbUnity. It was a giant pain in the rear end that took almost 2 hours of fiddling but at least it's good to go now. Just a shame you have to jump through these hoops on the iOS side of things.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Is it possible to tell sonar to look for h265 encodes of shows existing in my library and replace them if found?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Radarr has support for filename based custom formats, but it looks like that option doesn't exist in sonarr (yet?)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Vykk.Draygo posted:

ClassH posted:

NzbHydra with a reverse proxy for it works well.

Thanks for the advice, I actually ended up finding a very simple solution. My indexer offers a cart that I can add NZBs to, it then generates an RSS feed of the carts contents that I set SABNZBD to periodically check. So now I open the indexer on my phones browser, add whatever I want to the cart and then SABNZBD automatically downloads it half an hour later. Pretty cool!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah Carts are always useful, I use the one on my main indexer as a 'don't need this now, but I'll come back and get this later' storage and don't sync it to nzbget.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

sedative posted:

The latest unlimited NewsDemon deal is $40 for 18 months ($2.22 a month). It can't get much cheaper

I was wrong. newsgroup.ninja is down to $46 for 24 months ($1.92 per month) https://www.newsgroup.ninja/en/landing/2019/34-46-2c192

NewsDemon will match for a short period of time and you get their lovely VPN service for free https://www.newsdemon.com/billinginfo.php?pricepointid=2019242

NewsDemon's owner says he's losing money by matching this price. There's some drama in that thread with people saying ninja is owned by the backbone company (omicron, who also owns newshosting) and they're unfairly undercutting their resellers. People aren't happy with their business practices.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It might be a good idea to check your indexers forums occasionally. I saw a post on one of mine that advises to configure Hydra in a certain way, else you run the risk of losing API access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Incessant Excess posted:

It might be a good idea to check your indexers forums occasionally. I saw a post on one of mine that advises to configure Hydra in a certain way, else you run the risk of losing API access.

Yeah, but I have no idea why they care so much? The post is all lovely saying if you have to ask why you must already know why. But I have no idea. :eng99: