Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

ElGroucho posted:

the pettiest, most bullshit conflict

That will always be Spain refusing to play Gibraltar. At least Armenia and Azerbaijan have the excuse that they are still technically at war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal literally cannot bring Mkhitaryan, one of their first team players, to the final because of this poo poo

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Both Arsenal and Chelsea still have tickets available because it's such a pain in the arse to get to.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Blue Star Error posted:

That will always be Spain refusing to play Gibraltar. At least Armenia and Azerbaijan have the excuse that they are still technically at war.

I'm backing the country that has the city named Ganja.
:colbert:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Arsenal should refuse to play unless their fans/players can go. UEFA would soon sort the issue out then. Not sure if Chelsea would go along with them, but that would be nice too.

It’ll never happen because of the money they’d miss out on and the inevitable ban but both teams should boycott the final and have a one off “friendly” at wembley the same day

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Both Arsenal and Chelsea still have tickets available because it's such a pain in the arse to get to.

Apparently the reason why they got such a small allocation is because the Baku airport can’t handle enough people.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Arsenal should refuse to play unless their fans/players can go. UEFA would soon sort the issue out then. Not sure if Chelsea would go along with them, but that would be nice too.

Arsenal would never give up the chance of Champions League football and a minimum £60m windfall from winning the Europa League.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It’ll never happen because of the money they’d miss out on and the inevitable ban but both teams should boycott the final and have a one off “friendly” at wembley the same day

They literally should. This Mhkitaryan poo poo is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever head of.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's poo poo and arsenal are better that he can't play

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Jose posted:

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Almost as if Azerbaijan is a dogshit country that shouldn’t even be part of European football competitions, let alone hosting the final.

I can’t remember their team winning a match.

Edit:

Jose posted:

You’re talking about Ozil right?

wooger fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 16, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Azerbaijan shouldn’t be in uefa anyway, Baku is further east than Baghdad

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

ElGroucho posted:

Congratulations to these two countries on having the pettiest, most bullshit conflict in a world full of dumb as poo poo drama. Salute.

Nagorno-Karabakh ain't nothin to gently caress with.

Azerbaijan shouldn’t be in uefa anyway, Baku is further east than Baghdad

Eh, it's pretty close since somewhere along the Caucuses is generally considered the border of Europe and Asia. Georgia is clearly in, Armenia and Azerbaijan are edge cases.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m going to go to Azerbaijan I think it looks necta

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bape Culture posted:

The Land of Fire!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Azerbaijan

be careful op

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I wonder if they cleaned up the pools of chemicals lying around since I was in Azerbaijan. Literally saw pink pools from the train.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to take credit for Liverpool bottling, thanks to my thread title a few months ago

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
super excited for united to spend a shitload of money again and gently caress it up badly again except this time under an even worse manager

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
go baku to gbs

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea you were a customs agent in the Land of Fire

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TheBigAristotle posted:

I had no idea you were a customs agent in the Land of Fire

He's a bouncer at Fyre Club Miami's third best gay nightclub

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

According to the supporters trust they only have money to buy players this year because of the Walcott and Oxcham sales, and they will have quite a large loss next year.

It seems like the club really wasn’t set up to run without CL revenue and Wengy went a bit nuts with wages and signings towards the end there in an attempt to cover up for the fact that his project had failed.

Not sure how much some of the final transfers were Wenger's to be honest, he didn't seem too enamoured with Aubameyang. Wenger's failing was more believing too much in players like Wilshere who when it came to the crunch, failed him.

The club is trying to live the dream Wenger had which is absolutely complying with FFP whilst being self sustainable which is why money is an issue, especially when they din't have United level revenue streams to offer high wages to everyone.

I'm not saying Wenger isn't culpable but clowns like Gazidis who publicly hankered for Wenger's departure only to flee immediately after are the real culprits. Also the architect of the Özil king's ransom.

Being self sustaining wouldn't be too much of an issue if we didn't have a billionaire owner seemingly siphoning profit out of the club to invest in his other franchises.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
No, Wenger still lost the dressing room and failed to adapt to modern tactics after losing to Barcelona in the final. Yeah, that Mustafi/Gazidis poo poo is proof Wenger wasn't the be all end all he was made out to be, but he still deserves the bulk of the blame.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

You're probably right, but a final is the best opportunity to show up UEFA.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vegetable posted:

Mustafi is an above average defender in the league. I've watched every one of his games this season (even the garbage ones) and he's not that bad. He should still be replaced by somebody better but I think more blame gets attributed to him than is fair.

He completely shits his pants way too often to be an above average defender, which player are you watching

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A big job just opened up for Pochettino

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

A big job just opened up for Pochettino

Bayern or Juve?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Juve

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

fart simpson posted:

He completely shits his pants way too often to be an above average defender, which player are you watching
The average defender in the league is piss

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Why would poch move to spaghetti celtic when hes probably making more money and doing better in the champions league at spurs already?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

spaghetti celtic

:vince:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Why would poch move to spaghetti celtic when hes probably making more money and doing better in the champions league at spurs already?

now do Bayern

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eau de MacGowan posted:

spaghetti celtic

Jesus, lol

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

spaghetti celtic

yes

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

Jesus, lol

Which Juve poster is gonna get this new name?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hadji murad posted:

now do Bayern

Gotta be schnitzel Celtic, right?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TheBigAristotle posted:

Gotta be schnitzel Celtic, right?

Zyklon B(ayern)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Byolante posted:

Zyklon B(ayern)

I don't quite feel like you got the joke..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

spaghetti celtic

phwoar.