Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why is the voice changer pointing to the shin of his awful boots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Jiro posted:

Why is the voice changer pointing to the shin of his awful boots?

You take off the boot and talk in it like a megaphone

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ah, the Peter Pan method.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Not only does that guy have a torque wrench, but he has torque wrenches? What exactly does a cyberpunk need to torque down? I'd assume a punk just does the ol "tighten til it's loose, then back a quarter turn."

Probably for taking bolts out for removing panels and poo poo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

chitoryu12 posted:

Probably for taking bolts out for removing panels and poo poo.

You never use a torque wrench to loosen something.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

You never use a torque wrench to loosen something.

Okay it's for putting the panels back on.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
"A torque wrench! You know, for those annoying star-shaped screws they use so you can't take them apart!"

is almost certainly what the guy who wrote that would say

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

One improvement I hope they make to the game over the others they've done is finding a way to have less instances of performing an action and suddenly seeing the "X quest abandoned" message pop up on the screen. I know it happens anyway as you make choices, you lock yourself out of some content because that's the inherant nature of branching story paths, but I really dislike the feeling it gives me when it makes it as explicit and gamey as that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay it's for putting the panels back on.

Yeah, but a wrench could too unless you really care about over tightening, and a cyber PUNK probably doesn't care if they over torque some corp's panels. Probably do it on purpose.

That said, lol the whole thing is silly.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
obviously the torque wrenches are so when you have to rebuild a motorcycle engine before the cops show up and you escape just in time

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Cactus posted:

One improvement I hope they make to the game over the others they've done is finding a way to have less instances of performing an action and suddenly seeing the "X quest abandoned" message pop up on the screen. I know it happens anyway as you make choices, you lock yourself out of some content because that's the inherant nature of branching story paths, but I really dislike the feeling it gives me when it makes it as explicit and gamey as that.
1000% agreed; the instant gratification of seeing something not working is the worst thing when you like solving puzzles in games - they really seemed to focus on the ability to solve problems in the game in multiple ways, so I hope they make it into real puzzles that one can sink ones teeth into.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Wasn't it confirmed at some point that the Bozos (Juggalos?) are in the game?

I'm pretty sure in one of interviews Mike Pondsmith said that they were a thing in CP2020, but now since we have ICP they are not. It might have been in reference to Cyberpunk Red.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Mike Pondsmith recommended Hardwired in an interview. He mentioned it was a big inspiration for Cyberpunk and that the author Jon Williams was one of the early playtesters. I figured why not? and nabbed it on kindle. I'm about halfway in and it's great.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The future of gaming: using garbage chutes instead of air vents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdM_7NpJCiQ

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Mike Pondsmith recommended Hardwired in an interview. He mentioned it was a big inspiration for Cyberpunk and that the author Jon Williams was one of the early playtesters. I figured why not? and nabbed it on kindle. I'm about halfway in and it's great.

The cover of that is the most 80's thing I have seen in a while.

Its more of an FPS and certainly tongue in cheek, but try out Blood Dragon, its ace. I'm still sad there is no full BDII game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ufarn posted:

The future of gaming: using garbage chutes instead of air vents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdM_7NpJCiQ

oh yeah. i saw that too in the demo. shoving some roided up monster mash into a garbage shoot will never get old.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shoehead posted:

https://www.audible.com/pd/Hardwire...c3_lProduct_1_1

its on audible too.

also did he recomend anything else.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I think he also mentioned that the idea for his own 'Nomad' class is directly inspired by Hardwired (there's no more Fed-Ex so couriers of some sort are needed). I think he said it was Hardwired...not sure, if it wasn't a different story/writer.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-lstV6mHls

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

That is amazing.

EDIT: ˇ that too.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 23, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/wettaevenbetta/status/1142151748938809344

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

This would’ve been so much better than the 5th season we got.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CrazyLoon posted:

I think he also mentioned that the idea for his own 'Nomad' class is directly inspired by Hardwired (there's no more Fed-Ex so couriers of some sort are needed). I think he said it was Hardwired...not sure, if it wasn't a different story/writer.

yeah. i am listening to the book now. alot of stuff and names/conventions in there pondsmith borrowed. its a really fun book.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eraflure posted:

Going for a light cyberattack/bioalchemy/technoquen build for my first run

I can tell you're well versed in the PnP archetypes as well as what's to come in this yet to be released game.
As a result, I intend to counter your playstyle with my own heavy-anarcho-balloonist.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'm replaying Deus Ex Mankind Divided for some Cyberpunk feels and it's a good game but my god I feel like the W3 prologue was longer.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Alchenar posted:

I'm replaying Deus Ex Mankind Divided for some Cyberpunk feels and it's a good game but my god I feel like the W3 prologue was longer.

And critics keep saying that it feels like a :airquote: big budget :airquote: Deus Ex like that's a bad thing. :crossarms:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I tried picking Satellite Reign back up for the same reason, but dropped it again. The autosave system is such garbage; having to replay 45 minutes of the exact same content because you misclicked a door and set off an alarm is Not Fun.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I tried picking Satellite Reign back up for the same reason, but dropped it again. The autosave system is such garbage; having to replay 45 minutes of the exact same content because you misclicked a door and set off an alarm is Not Fun.

You aren't supposed to restart then, you are supposed to go loud and shoot your way out.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Alchenar posted:

You aren't supposed to restart then, you are supposed to go loud and shoot your way out.

The restarting isn't intentional, but tends to happen when you get wiped by guard swarms responding to the alarm before you can get to safety.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alchenar posted:

The contrast between the photo realistic faces and the worst lip sync I've ever seen in a game in the last 15 years was such an uncanny valley thing that I uninstalled the game after playing like 1 hour lol.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mankind Divided was like a bad expansion pack for human revolutions and I felt extremely let down by every part of that game.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The game had a development budget of 52 million dollars (70 CAD millions) :lol:
e: lmao that's 6 millions more than the dev budget for The Witcher 3

Temaukel fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 23, 2019

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Mankind Divided is a great iteration on HR’s gameplay and Prague stands out as an excellent gated hub system. Saying the weak/unresolved plot ruins the game experience is one thing, but it doesn’t make those gameplay systems bad.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The beginning was a clotted mess, but the middle was very good. Loading times were horrific though, ssd is compulsory.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://imgur.com/gallery/TFfr5Dy

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

Mankind Divided is a great iteration on HR’s gameplay and Prague stands out as an excellent gated hub system. Saying the weak/unresolved plot ruins the game experience is one thing, but it doesn’t make those gameplay systems bad.

Weak/unresolved plot becomes a problem when they take out said plot to sells back to you, on day 1 of the game being released no less. :psyduck:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

El_Elegante posted:

The gameplay is fantastic. The level design is also fantastic (although suffering a bit in linearity in comparison to the original).

But there's almost nothing of it actually there. The prologue takes 5 minutes. The train station mission takes 5 minutes. The aug-city mission is the first proper mission. Fuss for a little bit in the hub. Swiss alps - second proper mission. Divali stronghold, third proper mission. Finale.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I remember reading something about how Prague was originally going to be one of 2-3 hub areas. That content was then cut to make it DLC, but after the game didn't hit sales expectations it was shelved instead. It would explain why Prague feels padded out but still thin, because you were only suppose to spend 1/3 of the game there.

I much prefer the CDPR approach they took with Witcher 3: Sell a robust game, get robust sales.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alchenar posted:

The gameplay is fantastic. The level design is also fantastic (although suffering a bit in linearity in comparison to the original).

But there's almost nothing of it actually there. The prologue takes 5 minutes. The train station mission takes 5 minutes. The aug-city mission is the first proper mission. Fuss for a little bit in the hub. Swiss alps - second proper mission. Divali stronghold, third proper mission. Finale.

It took me~35 hours to finish, I'd have to check. The side quests are all fairly substantial.

E: yeah the naked greed of the dlc was real bad. You could pay $ for in game money

Ee: haha holy poo poo 64 hours, that includes a restart though

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

For someone not into the source material, is there any wildlife in Night City? There was like a tiger in one of the concept arts but other than that I don't think we've seen any animals? Did they go extinct?