Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Thundercracker posted:

Nah. The Smiler is careful and ruthless. Trump is dumber than poo poo, but showed that being dumb and shameless beats cunning and manipulative in staying in power.

If Spider Jerusalem exposed Trump today, nothing would matter.

If we were in Spider Jerusalem's world there would be cannibals that eat one of the trumps, a few of them would hunt each other during a night in Africa and the poo poo lord himself would have looked at the eclipse and never stop. THE ORB would have also summoned a powerful Djinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Qmass posted:

Saw that the guy that did the 2012 dredd OST is doing music for cyberpunk. I don't remember if that was especially amazing music but it was a good movie and if they are cribbing poo poo out of it for cyberpunk I reckon thats a good thing. Plenty of relevant stuff in that movie.

Last year's demo really made me feel like 2012 Dredd was their main inspiration for the 'feel' of Night City during the day, so this news is just me going like: "Yap...they definitely have a clear picture of what they're going for."

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

seems like the guy gets it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNpPlJ7u3Og

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Qmass posted:

Saw that the guy that did the 2012 dredd OST is doing music for cyberpunk. I don't remember if that was especially amazing music but it was a good movie and if they are cribbing poo poo out of it for cyberpunk I reckon thats a good thing. Plenty of relevant stuff in that movie.

Dredd music owns, actually, it's completely dumb and brutal. That's great news.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Qmass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfVfwz7rTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-iZgkkGuME

It's a very unique sound.

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Dredd's OST is great and perfect for Cyberpunk, fantastic news. My favorite tidbit about it is that the music for the Slo-Mo sequences was inspired by a Justin Bieber song slowed down 800%.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What if we had a super compressed tube amp guitar sound, but a synthesizer?

Yup, sounds good. It's a little overproduced I guess but as a soundtrack the wall of sound style adds rather than detracts.

Cool little video on the composers for Stranger Things and their wall of synth equipment. They achieved the unnerving theme for the monster by making the pitch wander a little, so that the melody is always slightly out of tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIrBQim8dzk

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Arglebargle III posted:

What if we had a super compressed tube amp guitar sound, but a synthesizer?

Yup, sounds good. It's a little overproduced I guess but as a soundtrack the wall of sound style adds rather than detracts.

Cool little video on the composers for Stranger Things and their wall of synth equipment. They achieved the unnerving theme for the monster by making the pitch wander a little, so that the melody is always slightly out of tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIrBQim8dzk

The soundtrack guy for Into The Spiderverse had a series of great tweets about how they approached the design for that too, which I sadly cannot find at the moment so I guess this isn’t exactly an S-tier post. Welp.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Random Youtube music person videos have made me appreciate how important production and editing is to modern music. Stuff you don't even notice like simulating how far the synth drums are from the hypothetical microphones, or doubling up vocal tracks, or having clean guitar in one ear and distorted in the other, are all super important to the overall sound. I guarantee you like 90% of songs with vocals that you hear on the radio have had their vocal tracks doubled up and you wouldn't notice until you hear it unedited and the vocals get lost in the mix.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Similar thing is stuff like Battlefield's insanely good sound design. Sound design only stands out when it sucks, so the true genius masters of sound design are doomed to remain unnappreciated.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

If you've never seen DREDD in 3D, much less if you've never seen it at all: you are doing yourself a great disservice.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Similar thing is stuff like Battlefield's insanely good sound design. Sound design only stands out when it sucks, so the true genius masters of sound design are doomed to remain unnappreciated.

Elite: Dangerous has amazing sound design. Also Subnautica.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

If you've never seen DREDD in 3D, much less if you've never seen it at all: you are doing yourself a great disservice.

Elite: Dangerous has amazing sound design. Also Subnautica.

I watched it twice in 3D and it was probably the best 3D movie I've seen the slow mo sequences were amazing.

Overall the film was excellent I'm upset despite Karl Urban wanting to do a sequel that it wasnt greenlit.

I just hope the upcoming TV series Mega city one is on the same level and offers the same level of post apoc cyberpunk as the film.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bear Is Driving posted:

Dredd's OST is great and perfect for Cyberpunk, fantastic news. My favorite tidbit about it is that the music for the Slo-Mo sequences was inspired by a Justin Bieber song slowed down 800%.

Inspired isn't quite it, the beiber track is a plugin (paulstretch) that turns everything you feed into it into sigur ros playing in a cathedral being washed away by the sea, the dredd track uses the same plugin.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

sebmojo posted:

Inspired isn't quite it, the beiber track is a plugin (paulstretch) that turns everything you feed into it into sigur ros playing in a cathedral being washed away by the sea, the dredd track uses the same plugin.

drat I wish I had that plug-in for my entire life brb putting their discography on my phone.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Qmass posted:

It was pretty sweet. Not much variety, but it fulfilled its role great.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

http://m-hz.net/?pid=140190007

Some shoes.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Haha, I was just reading up on the Cyberpunk 2020 core (not really being nearly as familiar with Cyberpunk as Shadowrun), and the signature Cop character is a street cop in the NCPD named Max Hammerman. On a lark, I went and immediately re-watched the "Personal Responsibility" trailer again (because that is a perfectly good use of two minutes of my life), as the Cop character achetype section mentions the Psycho Squad.

In the trailer? The Commissioner of Night City PD in 2077 is named J. Hammerman.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 14, 2019

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

VoLaTiLe posted:

I watched it twice in 3D and it was probably the best 3D movie I've seen the slow mo sequences were amazing.

Overall the film was excellent I'm upset despite Karl Urban wanting to do a sequel that it wasnt greenlit.

I just hope the upcoming TV series Mega city one is on the same level and offers the same level of post apoc cyberpunk as the film.

https://youtu.be/kWP88WKVBKs

Adi Shankar made a great vid explaining why Dredd will never get a sequel

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Adaptabullshit posted:

https://youtu.be/kWP88WKVBKs

Adi Shankar made a great vid explaining why Dredd will never get a sequel

I didnt know i needed to see this. Thank you.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Adi's a real one, no doubt. Made another vid earlier in 2014 thanking Dredd fans for having it resonate with them...and here we are 5 years later, still talking about it and yeah...apparently it mattered enough for Paul-Leonard Morgan to get hired for this, quite likely due to its existence. So despite its financial flop, it's safe to say it stands the test of time.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Haha, I was just reading up on the Cyberpunk 2020 core (not really being nearly as familiar with Cyberpunk as Shadowrun), and the signature Cop character is a street cop in the NCPD named Max Hammerman. On a lark, I went and immediately re-watched the "Personal Responsibility" trailer again (because that is a perfectly good use of two minutes of my life), as the Cop character achetype section mentions the Psycho Squad.

In the trailer? The Commissioner of Night City PD in 2077 is named J. Hammerman.

You wake up one morning and its 57 years later and poo poo ain't improved one iota.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Morpheus is beginning to believe... ...in the Coca-Cola Company.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
blessed thread pulls thru with v cyberpunk memeish vid

Powershift posted:

I just love that people are finally as excited about tractors as i have been.

Also, Imgur finally lets you upload gifs with audio on PC.

https://i.imgur.com/c90VT7b.mp4

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

CDPR: Please put a bosozoku gang in the game and please let that be an ending. V comes to grips with their best friend Jackie dying by fixing up an old 2050 Hondayota Harmony with 6 foot tail pipes and some bitchin cyber paint. End credits are V just cruising with their buds.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
One half of the game is just Akira style future bike fights with LED trails and bashing heads like a technicolor Road Rash.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Where are you getting these?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Khagan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtzskR3xlmk

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Khagan posted:

just run into them but I dunno where they're being formed i'm not chipped in
googling "cyberpunk 2077 meme" is mostly poo poo we've seen but maybe new stuff idk

obvious went hard into engineer type skills

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-lady-gaga

gaga won't be in the game, which doesn't surprise me since that was rumor that only resetera believed and they are of course taking that well as you would expect.

here is a pic of the bike from the demo though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If you want one so bad, then steal one yourself

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

This game is going to hurt us isn't it? No way can this come out and meet the hype they've been selling. This is just the way the world is. :(

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Tertius Oculum posted:

This game is going to hurt us isn't it? No way can this come out and meet the hype they've been selling. This is just the way the world is. :(

Every game is just a game. Don't delude yourself.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tertius Oculum posted:

Odds are it will be a bloated mess and mostly suck rear end, sorry.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

You think this is a GAME MAN?!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ItBreathes posted:

Every game is just a game. Don't delude yourself.

its still real for me dammit

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Tertius Oculum posted:

I dunno if they've really been hyping it up that much though? I mean I know I totally went into a frenzy about it but that's pretty much my fault. As far as I can tell they've shown a trailer, a vertical slice and got Keanu Reeves in it.

Personally I'm hype as because these guys made Witcher 3 and the writing and voice acting for that game was insanely good. Like streets ahead of all other games. Don't see why they can't pull that off again.

Like I didn't like the Witcher 3 skill tree at all, I thought it was insanely boring, but the rest of the game was so good it didn't really bother me.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We regret to inform you that Keanu Reaves never existed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tertius Oculum posted:

it will probably be like the witcher 3 or deus ex human revolution. really, really good but with some obvious flaws. witcher 3 had issues but the writing and world building were great and they have shown that they learn from mistakes they made in previous games. compare witcher 1 to 2 to 3. i am sure it will be very good at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You will be able to into the cyberpunk world. All of your will be cyberpunk. You r cyberpunk life begins...