Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I guess that's better than getting capped by your 20 year old mistress

one can only be so lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hey watch the crossfire there buddy

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i got really mad at ryan shazier when like a year or two i was actually watching the draft (because i'm retarded) and shazier came out to announce a steelers pick and it took like 20 minutes for his dumbass to hobble across the goddamn stage to the podium

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This would have been funnier if you said domed because that would have suggested both that he got a blowjob, AND that he was shot in the head. If you need any other advice on how to be funny in The afc north thread let me know

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

This would have been funnier if you said domed because that would have suggested both that he got a blowjob, AND that he was shot in the head. If you need any other advice on how to be funny in The afc north thread let me know

I'm trying to decide if you need need meds or a urinal cake for your mouth, but you're gonna need a better record than 7-9 before I take advice from you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*dlink looking into the abyss crying and waving his towel knowing that soon his team will be a worse version of the titans*

Well yo......yoUR QB DIED lmao gotem

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

The AFC North: the angry thread of champions
I kinda like how this sounds

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Metapod posted:

*dlink looking into the abyss crying and waving his towel knowing that soon his team will be a worse version of the titans*

Well yo......yoUR QB DIED lmao gotem

lol I used to think you Titans fans didn't belong here, but you definitely have that Bengals and Browns learned helplessness where every year it's OnE dAy ThE sTeELerS wIlL bE bAD b.s. projection bc it isn't good enough for your team to be good, you need the fantasy others being as mediocre as you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Steelers ran the ball good in the 90s we will be good forever!!!! Just like Denver and Dallas!!!

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

He was the perfect guy for the 2000 team. He fit them perfectly. I honestly think we could have been a dynasty on par with the Patriots if he hadn't galaxy-brained himself into that Boller pick. Then who knows, maybe TO comes here and we have Jamal, a solid vet QB, Heap, TO, plus that defense. And I bet he would still be the coach today.

Not. it was much worse than "just because Boller."

Chris Redman was a complete shitshow.

Elvis Grbac was a complete shittshow.

Kyle Boller was just a shitshow. More functional, but still lovely.

And then McNair was brought to us when he was dying. and Billick still blew his only first-round bye. That was painful to watch!

And that is the story of Billick handling QBs and coaching in the years after his gifted superbowl win (he inherited the team and just rolled with it like Gruden and the Bucs).

If he actually knew how to coach, he would have convinced Dilfer that he was not worth the money he was requesting, and countered that "this team is your only chance for another Superbowl win," and maybe kept the entire offense intact. And if he had refused, a good coach would have lined up someone better than Elvis.

Instead, it became a revolving door at QB. Flacco is the greatest QB selected yet in Ravens history, and that was done by his successor.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 15, 2019

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm trying to decide if you need need meds or a urinal cake for your mouth, but you're gonna need a better record than 7-9 before I take advice from you

Sounds like you need to , haha, “titan up”. Good luck with youre doing

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

defaultluser posted:

Not. it was much worse than "just because Boller."

Chris Redman was a complete shitshow.

Elvis Grbac was a complete shittshow.

Kyle Boller was just a shitshow. More functional, but still lovely.

And then McNair was brought to us when he was dying. and Billick still blew his only first-round bye. That was painful to watch!

And that is the story of Billick handling QBs and coaching in the years after his gifted superbowl win (he inherited the team and just rolled with it like Gruden and the Bucs).

If he actually knew how to coach, he would have convinced Dilfer that he was not worth the money he was requesting, and countered that "this team is your only chance for another Superbowl win," and maybe kept the entire offense intact. And if he had refused, a good coach would have lined up someone better than Elvis.

Instead, it became a revolving door at QB. Flacco is the greatest QB selected yet in Ravens history, and that was done by his successor.

Redman was ok but couldn't start due to recurring back issues. Grbac was not a "complete shitshow", he was a solid starter in a terrible situation with a trash pass blocking line but forced to be a passing team due to Jamal Lewis injury. Keeping Dilfer was a terrible idea because he was a bad QB who had to just not make bad mistakes. Billick and the front office both understood that we could not win the same way in 2001.

Jeff blake was solid in 2002. Revolving door QB situations happen when you get a first round bust like Boller. Also before Redman's back issues acted up he was the planned QB of the future.

It basically was entirely the Kyle Boller fiasco that got Billick out. He thought he knew QBs better than he actually did and galaxybrained himself. He should have gotten a vet QB like Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner. I know they werent available the same year.

The problem in 2001 wasnt that we "didnt keep the offense together", it was that our best offensive player tore his ACL before the season even started, and also Leon Searcy the guy we got to shore up the right side of the line was physically unable to play anymore. Whoever was playing QB back there was hosed. That we made the playoffs and won a game that year was amazing. With Dilfer that is a 6-10 team. The best two starting QBs available that offseason were Grbac and Johnson. Im not sure how you "line up" someone better than what is available.

Now a good criticism might be thay we should have drafted Drew Brees instead of Todd Heap. But a)the team and fans both saw Chris Redman as future QB. And b) its doubtful Drew Brees would have ever become good here if he didnt fully develop in his time in SD where he had better surroundings. Also Todd Heap was pretty much the only receiver we had worth a crap till we got Mason several years later.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 15, 2019

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i believe the preferred term around here is "chris washington football team"

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

until we get better steelers fans im gonna have to jettison them from the sacred pact and allow the kentucky team from ohio in. getting bodied by afc south fans is just too big a yikes for the alliance to hold

free dubdrome

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Ravens fan checking in to say Lamar Jackson is gonna be better than Michael Vick AND he won't fight dogs.

If any MLB posters are in here and wonder why I'm a Pirates fan but not a Steelers fan it's because gently caress the Steelers and gently caress you. I'm a god drat American and I don't have to explain poo poo to anyone.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The pirates have really good uniforms

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Bengals are trash even in preseason. Incredible consistency

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've been informed the Cincinnati Bengals are... not good???

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im a vikings fan now

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

im a vikings fan now

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals Backups (TM) are good and that's how you win.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/JohnMollica_/status/1162194125053145088

edit: oops this isnt the AFC West thread

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 16, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Drew sample motherfuckers

Sample this d

Play fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 16, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm still workshopping that one

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the cincinnati bengals fuckin rule (?)

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
the bengals hired the skyline chili can mcvay ate from

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

camoseven posted:

Ravens fan checking in to say Lamar Jackson is gonna be better than Michael Vick AND he won't fight dogs.

If any MLB posters are in here and wonder why I'm a Pirates fan but not a Steelers fan it's because gently caress the Steelers and gently caress you. I'm a god drat American and I don't have to explain poo poo to anyone.

I too am a pirates fan

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Master Stur posted:

the bengals hired the skyline chili can mcvay ate from

gold star is better anyway. bengals 0-16

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Bengals hired Zac Taylor after Mike Brown witnessed him eat Skyline chillie from McVays rear end in a top hat. Brown remarked that he hopes Taylor brings that kind of resourcefulness to the team.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

drat, hes giving high fives to his teammates

e: mixed in w/ some lows and sides...holy siht

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

camoseven posted:

Cool and fine and that's your perogative, but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sour Diesel posted:

drat, hes giving high fives to his teammates

e: mixed in w/ some lows and sides...holy siht

Lamar struggles giving high fives that are more than ten yards away

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lol I used to think you Titans fans didn't belong here, but you definitely have that Bengals and Browns learned helplessness where every year it's OnE dAy ThE sTeELerS wIlL bE bAD b.s. projection bc it isn't good enough for your team to be good, you need the fantasy others being as mediocre as you

dlink i've come to appreciate you having seen the attempts at trash talk from the ohio teams.

say something petulant but dismissive about lamar jackson

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
btw rip tavon young.

who the hell was he again

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not a baseball fan, can anyone tell me why the Pirates are so bitchmade? All they do is plunk folks who hit well against them and then fail to take a punch.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm not a baseball fan, can anyone tell me why the Pirates are so bitchmade? All they do is plunk folks who hit well against them and then fail to take a punch.

From what I read the owners are really cheap like oh so loving many baseball owners. Like embarrassingly so. It's why the Yankees are always good they'll spend money to have a good team.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Eifert Posting posted:

Cause they’re from Pittsburgh.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

Cause they’re from Pittsburgh.

Surely not all of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

A big flaming stink posted:

dlink i've come to appreciate you having seen the attempts at trash talk from the ohio teams.

say something petulant but dismissive about lamar jackson

the bengals aren't waiting for the steelers to suck as much as they're waiting for mike brown to die finally