Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Posting commentary from Ghost Dog is one of the many reasons why I pay my monthly $10 membership to this website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nfl is the littlest sport

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

huge bullied kid insulting himself to stave off the mean words energy from browns fans

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Posting commentary from Ghost Dog is one of the many reasons why I pay my monthly $10 membership to this website

this website is free

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like they way they vibrate up and down the court

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

At least we found out why they killed the divisional threads for so long

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was because a sexual predator ran the forum

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

none of them were like this before, it took an obscene amount of awful browns posting over racking up yet another losing season to get here. now theyve vanished except to come in and cower behind a thin veneer of irony

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Remember when the Ravens got crushed by the Browns? Lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1188870975145820160

AJ Green don't re-sign and go win a ring somewhere please

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Oh poo poo, you only pay $10? Why am I getting billed $530 per month?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1188870975145820160

AJ Green don't re-sign and go win a ring somewhere please

this is fundamentally insane but i guess i don't know what else to expect

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

this is fundamentally insane but i guess i don't know what else to expect

I think it's a sign that Mike is making the final personnel decisions again because he is a stubborn idiot

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Remember when the Ravens got crushed by the Browns? Lol

That was probably good because it forced the Ravens to sign linebackers Josh Bynes and LJ Fort due to how lost Patrick Onwuasor and Kenny Young were out there.

Also since then Chuck Clark has replaced Tony Jefferson and taken over signal calling duties, and they added CB Marcus Peters. Basically the defense was a shambles that week and CLE took advantage, but they’ve improved since

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Hi haters

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/st...ingawful.com%2F

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

A report surfaced from Jason LaCanfora on Sunday stating other clubs are frustrated that the Bengals and Redskins, in particular, seem “philosophically opposed” to making trades and caused frustration from organizations not even willing to make calls.

That’s true, this time of year they are opposed to trading away players. As sources have explained to me, the team’s opinion on the matter comes down to three simple facts:

1. It’s not their job to make other teams better.

2. People might not think they should, but they care a lot about winning football games this year.

3. They don’t want to get rid of their truly valuable players.

Yo you are loving 0-8 you idiots what the gently caress are you doing

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

These posts are bad

You know what thread you're in and what you're going to get

e: Time to retire Joe.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 28, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
*LOSES LITERALLY EVERY GAME* well we did give those teams a free win but it isn't our job to make the other 18 teams we didn't play better

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can't trade AJ Green who, if we are lucky, has two months of games to play for a team that has zero shot at the playoffs because we still need to 'evaluate' him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The divisional threads aren't bad we just don't have anything to say except firing off "The Browns have won the superbowl" and "I'm glad the [insert team] lost" into the ether occasionally. The Bengals fans are too beaten down to care anymore and the steelers fan(s?) all ghosted. Now we're all counting on Kawalimus, Pop Dog and Cavuaros headmate to carry the thread.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

*LOSES LITERALLY EVERY GAME* well we did give those teams a free win but it isn't our job to make the other 18 teams we didn't play better

It's not. Players are different than wins. Players rarely influence the total package of your team unless they're a sensational QB or DE. Nevertheless it's good to amass good players in the NFL because that's generally how bad teams turn it around. They look bad now, sure, but they'd be way worse off firing away their best players for second day picks. Meanwhile if they're firing away those best players to the Pats like every other loving team in the league does then lo and behold the Pats retain a dynasty year in and year out.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Doctor Butts posted:

Is he mad at his receivers? It would explain why he's so good at throwing it to the other team.

I like this post

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

It's not. Players are different than wins. Players rarely influence the total package of your team unless they're a sensational QB or DE. Nevertheless it's good to amass good players in the NFL because that's generally how bad teams turn it around. They look bad now, sure, but they'd be way worse off firing away their best players for second day picks. Meanwhile if they're firing away those best players to the Pats like every other loving team in the league does then lo and behold the Pats retain a dynasty year in and year out.

They have turned down a first (probably the Pats) for Green and either a second or third for Geno. Both who will be 32 next year and one who will be a FA (and can't stay healthy). It is insisting that something can still work when the window has obviously closed and won't re-open until there is a new QB and like 7 new offensive linemen.

I love AJ Green too much to watch them low ball the poo poo out of him and then slap a franchise tag on him if he balks because the Bengals have to alienate every all pro that plays for this franchise.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
But on the other hand maybe giving this FO more picks is a waste

https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1188842972214898689

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

They have turned down a first (probably the Pats) for Green and either a second or third for Geno. Both who will be 32 next year and one who will be a FA (and can't stay healthy). It is insisting that something can still work when the window has obviously closed and won't re-open until there is a new QB and like 7 new offensive linemen.

I love AJ Green too much to watch them low ball the poo poo out of him and then slap a franchise tag on him if he balks because the Bengals have to alienate every all pro that plays for this franchise.

If they turned down a first for AJ Green then I'd be even more surprised than if you told me someone offered a first for him at all. They didn't. It's twitter heresay. Also being offered something and actually sitting down to work out the deal are two completely different monsters. Geno I could believe getting a third round offer. I highly doubt it was a second.

But yeah you're right I'd obviously sell if the players windows were closing. It's not good for the Bengals or the Redskins to irrationally turn down all offers. I just wouldn't up and ship uh... who's good for these teams again that's young? for a couple of second day picks, but that's just me.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh Mike Brown would absolutely turn down a first round pick for AJ Green he is a stupid vindictive rear end in a top hat that will hold out until Hue Jackson gets a job and gives him two firsts.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

sharknado slashfic posted:

The divisional threads aren't bad we just don't have anything to say except firing off "The Browns have won the superbowl" and "I'm glad the [insert team] lost" into the ether occasionally. The Bengals fans are too beaten down to care anymore and the steelers fan(s?) all ghosted. Now we're all counting on Kawalimus, Pop Dog and Cavuaros headmate to carry the thread.

Steelers fans deserting when times are tough? Who could have pictured that? :grin:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

you should check out the AFCE thread for daily meltdowns. it's really a thing of beauty.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ketchup vs catsup posted:

you should check out the AFCE thread for daily meltdowns. it's really a thing of beauty.

I wandered over for the mcmagic special yesterday, it was good

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

This is my take personally. We trade AJ/Geno/Dalton, and do what (besides hope they go to a good org)? Seems like we're hosed until Mike Brown kicks the bucket

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Master Stur posted:

This is my take personally. We trade AJ/Geno/Dalton, and do what (besides hope they go to a good org)? Seems like we're hosed until Mike Brown kicks the bucket

it's always been this way though, for the past like decade

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1188853716557938688

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Doltos posted:

If they turned down a first for AJ Green then I'd be even more surprised than if you told me someone offered a first for him at all. They didn't. It's twitter heresay. Also being offered something and actually sitting down to work out the deal are two completely different monsters. Geno I could believe getting a third round offer. I highly doubt it was a second.

But yeah you're right I'd obviously sell if the players windows were closing. It's not good for the Bengals or the Redskins to irrationally turn down all offers. I just wouldn't up and ship uh... who's good for these teams again that's young? for a couple of second day picks, but that's just me.

i really can't think of anyone on the bengals who should be off limits for a trade other than mixon, boyd, and a couple rising guys like lawson and hubbard

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i guess you could argue against trading andy solely on the grounds that doing so this year would remove absolutely any veneer of trying to field a competitive team

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
No QB is gonna be competitive behind that Oline.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Bigass Moth posted:

Steelers fans deserting when times are tough? Who could have pictured that? :grin:

The Steelers are extremely bad this year, yet still 2nd in the AFCN

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers are extremely bad this year, yet still 2nd in the AFCN

Good, the status quo must hold

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

3 wins from a non-Big Ben QB? Guess this is the end of the Steelers' run.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

These posts are bad

I always agree with you friend :hfive:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i guess you could argue against trading andy solely on the grounds that doing so this year would remove absolutely any veneer of trying to field a competitive team

They're 0-8 and play the division champs next, it's going to be removed before December either way. At least in the middle of this break between games (not playing Ravens till Nov 10) and with the trade deadline so soon they have time to try something if they really wanted to. It's not like it can get immediately worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The real Big Ben was inside us the whole time