Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Lamar Jackson is better this season. But we don't know what Marvin Lewis in Cleveland is going to be like so it's true we can't assess that yet.

I just got home and read this before looking at the news thread and now I'm really really really hoping I'm interpreting it right

e:gently caress, i was so excited too

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 23, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

I just got home and read this before looking at the news thread and now I'm really really really hoping I'm interpreting it right

e:gently caress, i was so excited too

It is going to happen though. Next year, he will be their coach.

Why would you be excited? He kicked the crap out of us year after year. And now Cleveland has good players.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Why would you be excited? He kicked the crap out of us year after year. And now Cleveland has good players.

Have faith in Lamar PBOH

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
oh poo poo sorry hold on

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah but you have Lamar Jackson.

I feel like pretty much anything is possible when your QB is Lamar loving Jackson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Someone please look up the 2018 draft thread and find the lamar haters, theyre not allowed to like Lamar now

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kevin Clark brought up the possibility of the Browns hiring Greg Roman to be head coach in order to get a good offensive mind for Baker while simultaneously sticking it to the Ravens. It's probably a great idea and I loving hate it

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

AndrewP posted:

Kevin Clark brought up the possibility of the Browns hiring Greg Roman to be head coach in order to get a good offensive mind for Baker while simultaneously sticking it to the Ravens. It's probably a great idea and I loving hate it

Baker isn't his style QB.

He's had his best success with Alex Smith, Kap, Tyrod and Lamar.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Lamar Jackson is better this season. But we don't know what Marvin Lewis in Cleveland is going to be like so it's true we can't assess that yet.

We can assess exactly what that would be like. Cleveland would continue to not win a playoff game, and would continue to be a loser bitch team.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Borsche69 posted:

We can assess exactly what that would be like. Cleveland would continue to not win a playoff game, and would continue to be a loser bitch team.

they'd have a slightly better regular season record though which is the real goal in football

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You're either too good or too bad to be a Ravens OC

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Guys I'm rip roaring pissed about this. Not only did some of the football absurdity guys get it right about Jackson in the 2018 draft thread, loving Play called it too:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

Guys I'm rip roaring pissed about this. Not only did some of the football absurdity guys get it right about Jackson in the 2018 draft thread, loving Play called it too:

LMfao that your'e upset that Play of all loving people showed you up for the loving loser poser idiot cosplaying as Mel Kiper like you are

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Surprised Vick said he was slower

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Borsche69 posted:

LMfao that your'e upset that Play of all loving people showed you up for the loving loser poser idiot cosplaying as Mel Kiper like you are

I called Lamar all the way buddy, all the frickin way

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

I called Lamar all the way buddy, all the frickin way

Oh you're as smart as Play?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
loving SMARTER

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I like Play.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mods?!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

For real though I think Roman has found his magic bullet in Lamar post Kap, and although there's like 20 teams out there with varying degrees of incompetence, I hope they realize that. I'm more worried about Wink getting yoinked because everyone loves to hire Ravens DCs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Roman's offense is a super old school heavy run game. Tons of three TE sets, tons of multiple RB personnels, and deep routes from the WRs to clear out running lanes. I think teams have generally figured out the offense because Jackson has a spy on him every single down and defenses keep lining up heavy, but it just doesn't matter. Lamar smokes em every time.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Wink’s probably gone but I have a small hope that Roman just likes being an offensive coordinator in the best situation he could probably be in with no greater ambitions. I’m sure this is not true

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Who the hell hires DC's anymore?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Despera posted:

Who the hell hires DC's anymore?

Denver

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Doltos posted:

Roman's offense is a super old school heavy run game. Tons of three TE sets, tons of multiple RB personnels, and deep routes from the WRs to clear out running lanes. I think teams have generally figured out the offense because Jackson has a spy on him every single down and defenses keep lining up heavy, but it just doesn't matter. Lamar smokes em every time.

LMfao that your'e upset that Play of all loving people showed you up for the loving loser poser idiot cosplaying as Joe Burrow like you 

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ZenVulgarity posted:

LMfao that your'e upset that Play of all loving people showed you up for the loving loser poser idiot cosplaying as Joe Burrow like you 

THANK you,

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

sup borsche

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why are you saying sup to other people

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I don't follow college so I had no idea who Lamar Jackson even was. That's right even Heisman winners I don't know who they are. So when we drafted him I was kind of blah on it. Later 1st rounder, guy who can run, traded up for the pick, I was like Oh no it's Kyle Boller all over again. It's one of this type of project guy who will just be junk forever and people saying every year "well next year he'll get better". So I wasn't very excited but people corrected me and told me he was an accurate passer etc etc. So we'll see. I started coming around when we used him in gimmick plays and I thought WOW this guy isn't just a good runner he's an amazing runner. Then when he finally started I was like Oh man. But while he wasn't perfect throwing he didn't seem inaccurate if you get what I am saying. It seemed like more of his struggles were timing based and also just about handling the ball and snaps, a lot of which should improve with time. And they did. And we were winning those games even with his struggles and he turned the worst rushing attack in the league into the best one just because he was so good at what he does. And that was even without the improved passing. So that's how I got on board with Lamar Jackson. And of course this year he's exceeded expectations again.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wanted the Browns that year to draft Saquon Barkley with their first pick and Lamar with their second pick. I thought it would lead to some rad offense bullshit.

Kind of glad in a way, there's no way Lamar would have flourished on the Browns versus the Ravens actually being competent.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

I wanted the Browns that year to draft Saquon Barkley with their first pick and Lamar with their second pick. I thought it would lead to some rad offense bullshit.

Kind of glad in a way, there's no way Lamar would have flourished on the Browns versus the Ravens actually being competent.

No QBs flourish on the Browns, other than our lord and savior, Baker Mayfield.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Gatts posted:

Same except I wanted Barkley, and Josh Allen.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

No QBs flourish on the Browns, other than our lord and savior, Baker Mayfield.

Baker isn’t flourishing. He’s sputtering along. There’s no reason why Odell doesn’t have 1200 yards and 10 TDs by now

Chubb on the other hand has been offensive MVP trying to do his damndest.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I don't follow college so I had no idea who Lamar Jackson even was. That's right even Heisman winners I don't know who they are. So when we drafted him I was kind of on it.

Later 1st rounder, guy who can run, traded up for the pick, I was like Oh no it's Kyle Boller all over again. It's one of this type of project guy who will just be junk forever and people saying every year "well next year he'll get better". So I wasn't very excited but people corrected me and told me he was an accurate passer etc etc. So we'll see. I started coming around when we used him in gimmick plays and I thought this guy isn't just a good runner he's an amazing runner.

Then when he finally started I was like .

But while he wasn't perfect throwing he didn't seem inaccurate if you get what I am saying. It seemed like more of his struggles were timing based and also just about handling the ball and snaps, a lot of which should improve with time. And they did. And we were winning those games even with his struggles and he turned the worst rushing attack in the league into the best one just because he was so good at what he does. And that was even without the improved passing. So that's how I got with Lamar Jackson. And of course this year he's exceeded expectations again.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 23, 2019

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Borsche69 posted:

THANK you,

Never seen someone this upset that I provide draft analysis, wait yes I have, several times in this forum alone

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lamar Jackson is the best Polack in the NFL

Take a knee my rear end #ChopOn

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)