Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

norp posted:

Did you hit deny to any firewall notices that popped up?
Nope.

norp posted:

Did you install it as a service and it's running as a credential that doesn't have network access?
Admin

norp posted:

Do you have any nonstandard firewall running?
Nope.

I also tried it with the firewall off. Same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Duck and Cover posted:

So what? X is bad. Well you know x could be much worse! Sure but x is still bad and the solution is easy.

How the hell else are you going to do it? You’ve got a mostly unstandardized string of text to parse. If you’re gonna poo poo on it, what do you propose? How does sonarr know what part of the string is the episode title. Lots of times that episode title isn’t even part of the string in question.

Finally if it’s so easy, it’s an open source project. Contribute a pull request. Put up or shut up.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 17, 2020

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My newsdemon account gave me access to their "SlickVPN" and gave me logins etc for that. https://www.slickvpn.com/

I'm running an UnRaid server and installed 'binhex-delugevpn' from the community apps.

I followed the instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AEzm5y2EvM&t=304s

However, I can't get it running. If I disable VPN then the deluge client starts up fine and runs torrents as it should. When I re-enable VPN however I can't even open the web interface for the client. The client shows it is running, but is inaccessible. The only change from the video above is that I'm using a different vpn client. I'm not too familiar with VPNs and their lingo in general, so I could be messing up something incredibly simple. Any thoughts on why this might be failing?

If there's another easy(ish) method to obfuscate torrent traffic from my Unraid server I'd be glad to hear about it as I'm largely doing this just to hopefully keep my ISP (Verizon FIOS) From taking notice.

e: sorry, this is probably better off in the NAS thread, put here because the overlap.

That Works fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 17, 2020

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

So, restarting the PC fixed the Radarr problem. I restarted the service about 20 times, but I guess the computer just needed to think about what it had done before it started working.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

That Works posted:

... binhex/delugevpn not working stuff ...

This wasn't straight forward for me either (Synology not Unraid though), the config/supervisord.log file helped a lot here to narrow down the specific issues. It was picky on DNS, Privoxy and network mask settings. I started without the VPN enabled to get the core going, then flipped that on and watched it break.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Oldstench posted:

So, restarting the PC fixed the Radarr problem. I restarted the service about 20 times, but I guess the computer just needed to think about what it had done before it started working.

That's good because normally those questions are about the only thing that can go wrong

Accidentally setting a service as "system" rather than network service has wasted many hours of my dev time over the years

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Duck and Cover posted:

So what? X is bad. Well you know x could be much worse! Sure but x is still bad and the solution is easy.

1. The solution is not easy. Your proposed solution is not easily workable nor easily better.
2. Even if it was, all of this is built by people donating their free time. Not every single low hanging fruit is instantly addressed on a project. You're walking into the middle of a community barn raising and yelling "look at this loving place! It's a wreck! Why isn't this piece of trim painted?!?!?"
3. You don't understand how software development works.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Now I can hopefully figure out how to set these quality profiles so I don't end up with 50GB+ files.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thermopyle posted:

1. The solution is not easy. Your proposed solution is not easily workable nor easily better.
2. Even if it was, all of this is built by people donating their free time. Not every single low hanging fruit is instantly addressed on a project. You're walking into the middle of a community barn raising and yelling "look at this loving place! It's a wreck! Why isn't this piece of trim painted?!?!?"
3. You don't understand how software development works.

Yeah its genuinely a surprise they're able to get a working regexp to pull the data they can given how sloppy some of the folder tagging stuff is, and "groups" making up their own poo poo or misusing tags.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oldstench posted:

Now I can hopefully figure out how to set these quality profiles so I don't end up with 50GB+ files.

It's so annoying getting a 55GB 1080p file. I just went through and adjusted my profiles as well.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

GutBomb posted:

How the hell else are you going to do it? You’ve got a mostly unstandardized string of text to parse. If you’re gonna poo poo on it, what do you propose? How does sonarr know what part of the string is the episode title. Lots of times that episode title isn’t even part of the string in question.

Finally if it’s so easy, it’s an open source project. Contribute a pull request. Put up or shut up.

Yeah, we had this exact conversation with said poster a few pages ago about some other obscure anime nobody watches.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It's so annoying getting a 55GB 1080p file. I just went through and adjusted my profiles as well.

Is it just changing the range for the quality in settings? I tried the H264/5 quality filter, this is next on my list.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

savesthedayrocks posted:

Is it just changing the range for the quality in settings? I tried the H264/5 quality filter, this is next on my list.

Yeah, it's just a slider for what you want the max to be for 90/140-minute movies in radarr.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Bank posted:

Maybe I should ask this in some other thread, but I figure you guys may know best. When I watch things via Plex (PC server to Roku on TV with integrated speakers) the volume is ear blasting during action scenes and the like, but when the dialogue comes up it's super quiet. From what I've read the solution is to either change audio settings on my TV (I've checked and don't see anything applicable in my settings), buy an X.1 speaker system so the dialog comes out through the center channel, re-process the files with a different audio setup.

Is there anything else I should try? I really hate having to change the volume every so often and it makes the movie watching experience pretty awful for me. I don't really notice it on TV shows, just movies, presumably due to file type?

I have the same issue with my PS4 Plex client. I have a 2.1 soundbar, so if I watch a movie with a 5.1 audio track Plex attempts to mix that down to stereo and does a very bad job. I've been using ffmpeg to mix the audio track down to stereo and it's so much better.

Here's the command. The bolded part is optional. When downmixing from 5.1 to stereo you lose volume. This part raises the volume. 255 is 100%, so this boosts by 66%.
This doesn't alter the video at all. It also assumes that the file only has 1 audio channel. If you have multiple audio channels, subtitles, or want to keep the original audio as well, you will need to tweak this a lot.

ffmpeg -i "<input_filename>" -c:v copy -vol 425 -af "pan=stereo|FL=0.5*FC+0.707*FL+0.707*BL+0.5*LFE|FR=0.5*FC+0.707*FR+0.707*BR+0.5*LFE" "<output_filename>"

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
If I go into one of my quality profiles and remove one of the higher qualities while changing the cutoff to something lower, will Sonnar/Raddar replace my large files with smaller ones that meet the new criteria?

I've got a bunch of remuxes that I'd like to swap out for Blueray and/or WEBDL versions in order to save some space, what's the proper way of doing this?

Jesse Iceberg
Jan 7, 2012

I must be misunderstanding how tags work in Sonarr V2, as I'd thought they worked as being the preferred match for a grab e.g. grab whatever meets the quality profile initially but use a tag match as the final preferred grab.

I added some amzn tags to some shows, but what I see happening is that Sonarr seems to be treating that as a mandatory condition for a grab and ignoring other good releases that would actually be fine until the amzn one showed up (if ever). That actually blocks all grabs for episode many times.

Was my understanding of tags in Sonarr V2 just totally wrong? Is it different in v3 at all?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yes, in v3 you can assign scores to words used in release names so you can decide what replaces what. I do this to replace tv stuff with better stuff as it comes out.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Jesse Iceberg posted:

I must be misunderstanding how tags work in Sonarr V2, as I'd thought they worked as being the preferred match for a grab e.g. grab whatever meets the quality profile initially but use a tag match as the final preferred grab.

I added some amzn tags to some shows, but what I see happening is that Sonarr seems to be treating that as a mandatory condition for a grab and ignoring other good releases that would actually be fine until the amzn one showed up (if ever). That actually blocks all grabs for episode many times.

Was my understanding of tags in Sonarr V2 just totally wrong? Is it different in v3 at all?

You want release profiles. It basically weights it so it's preferred but not needed.
Here is screen shot from V3, not sure if it's the same in v2.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Oldstench posted:

I have the same issue with my PS4 Plex client. I have a 2.1 soundbar, so if I watch a movie with a 5.1 audio track Plex attempts to mix that down to stereo and does a very bad job. I've been using ffmpeg to mix the audio track down to stereo and it's so much better.

Here's the command. The bolded part is optional. When downmixing from 5.1 to stereo you lose volume. This part raises the volume. 255 is 100%, so this boosts by 66%.
This doesn't alter the video at all. It also assumes that the file only has 1 audio channel. If you have multiple audio channels, subtitles, or want to keep the original audio as well, you will need to tweak this a lot.

ffmpeg -i "<input_filename>" -c:v copy -vol 425 -af "pan=stereo|FL=0.5*FC+0.707*FL+0.707*BL+0.5*LFE|FR=0.5*FC+0.707*FR+0.707*BR+0.5*LFE" "<output_filename>"

Thanks! So basically I'll have to re-encode all my impacted stuff, which isn't great, but maybe I can just find a better Plex client instead. I actually really like the Roku, but man Plex just loving sucks on it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ClassH posted:

Here is screen shot from V3, not sure if it's the same in v2.

It's v3 only, and yeah I have a similar table for amazon, itunes, netflix etc to weigh them above the generic web releases places like TBS or FX use.

Jesse Iceberg
Jan 7, 2012

Great, thanks for that tag info both, I see a Sonarr V3 upgrade in my future.

I've messed around with the container image before but hadn't really started looking at mass migrating my library to it yet, I'll probably dip a toe in with a few shows first.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Anyone using Frugal Usenet now gets access to Usenet.Farm for free https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/es6769/frugal_usenet_improvements/

Add bonus.frugalusenet.com as a backup server

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

sedative posted:

Anyone using Frugal Usenet now gets access to Usenet.Farm for free https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/es6769/frugal_usenet_improvements/

Add bonus.frugalusenet.com as a backup server

Hmmm, I already use both, what does this mean for me?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Slash posted:

Hmmm, I already use both, what does this mean for me?

Well if you use a Usenet.Farm block it means you can disable it and save it in case you ever drop Frugal for another provider. If you have an unlimited Usenet.Farm subscription I guess you can cancel it.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
NZBHydra2 users: Is anyone noticing some concerningly high memory usage? Aware it's Java and really aware that garbage collection isn't great for it (at least when I learned it). However, for a indexer agregator, it's wanting to use about 750mb? By contrast, Sonarr is using 230mb.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Heners_UK posted:

NZBHydra2 users: Is anyone noticing some concerningly high memory usage? Aware it's Java and really aware that garbage collection isn't great for it (at least when I learned it). However, for a indexer agregator, it's wanting to use about 750mb? By contrast, Sonarr is using 230mb.

Java's garbage collection works just fine (as it has for the last 25 years). Did you give it a max amount of memory ? In my system i start nzbhydra from systemd with
pre:
ExecStart=/opt/nzbhydra2/nzbhydra2 --nobrowser --datafolder /home/nzbhydra/data2 --xmx 720
If I omit the --xmx param, it defaults to 512MB. When I set it (like now) the max memory it can eat (and which will eat) is 720MB. Set it to as low as you wish (256 even), it should be fine I would think. It doesn't do much.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
We deal with tomcats a lot at work and iirc best practice is to set the xmx and xms to the same value.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

We deal with tomcats a lot at work and iirc best practice is to set the xmx and xms to the same value.

That was indeed the recommended approach a long time ago (I think i've first heard it back in 2006 or so). After that it ceased to be recommended because GCs could delay collecting the garbage for too long (because of the minimum setting) leading to application running oom and crashing. Nowadays GCs are so advanced that I highly doubt it makes a difference one way or the other, but I don't have any studies on hand to say for sure. If in your testing it turned out that setting min = max was better for your application in critical scenarios, then sure, set them equal. Otherwise don't bother.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Hey y'all I'm thinking about redoing some of my infrastructure at home. I have an HTPC for everything but wondering if there's something with an even smaller footprint? I just want something for sonarr, radarr and Plex media server. If the HTPC is the best thing for it I'll just keep that around. I'd rather not do anything too clunky.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ok, so I've slowly been modernizing my setup. Running Sonarr/Radarr, using NZBGeek as an indexer, and dropped SuperNews for a deal on Thundernews a while back. AFAICT Thundernews is a Highwinds reseller, and has 4000+ days retention, which is great. I'm thinking of getting a block account to try to use as backup. What block accounts are good other than Blocknews/NewsDemon (which are also Highwinds)?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

more falafel please posted:

Ok, so I've slowly been modernizing my setup. Running Sonarr/Radarr, using NZBGeek as an indexer, and dropped SuperNews for a deal on Thundernews a while back. AFAICT Thundernews is a Highwinds reseller, and has 4000+ days retention, which is great. I'm thinking of getting a block account to try to use as backup. What block accounts are good other than Blocknews/NewsDemon (which are also Highwinds)?

https://usenet.farm/ is good and this UsenetExpress reseller is having a sale on blocks right now https://usenetfire.com/plans/

Both are on different backbones.

sedative fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 24, 2020

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is Sonarr v3 pretty stable for daily use nowadays?

Also, is Radarr the best tool for upgrading an existing collection? Ideally it would tell show me a list of everything with the current quality level and allow me to search it based on the profiles I'll set up. I haven't touched Radarr since it originally came out and didn't like it at the time.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Bank posted:

Hey y'all I'm thinking about redoing some of my infrastructure at home. I have an HTPC for everything but wondering if there's something with an even smaller footprint? I just want something for sonarr, radarr and Plex media server. If the HTPC is the best thing for it I'll just keep that around. I'd rather not do anything too clunky.

I moved all my stuff to a Synology a few years ago and haven't regretted the decision in any way shape or form.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

EC posted:

I have been using Sonarr v3 since early last year and have not had a single issue with it. I would definitely recommend using it at this point.

quote:

Also, is Radarr the best tool for upgrading an existing collection? Ideally it would tell show me a list of everything with the current quality level and allow me to search it based on the profiles I'll set up. I haven't touched Radarr since it originally came out and didn't like it at the time.

Radarr (and Sonarr/Lidarr of course) can automatically upgrade content for you, just change the quality profile to one that fits your desires and push the search button, or if you're more passive about it flag the content as monitored and it'll download upgrades if it sees a new upload come in.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 24, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

EC posted:

Radarr will definitely upgrade your entire collection to a quality threshold you set, but it won't be able to tell what the existing file quality is. Radarr adds source and quality to the file name and uses that to keep track of things. You could probably rename your files before importing to Radarr, but that would be a lot of work.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Thanks y'all. I'll see if I can find a media renamer for the movies.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
I looked in Radarr recently and it was able to insert mediainfo tags into names. I'm not sure if it gets that by analyzing the file but it may save some time.

If not that, FileBot?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

sedative posted:

https://usenet.farm/ is good and this UsenetExpress reseller is having a sale on blocks right now https://usenetfire.com/plans/

If you're gonna use farm, wouldn't it make more sense to go with frugal since you get farm access free? I'm on farm and have no issues, but I plan on switching to frugal when farm expires so I have access to both.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

When I switched from CouchPotato to Radarr, Radarr was able to figure out 480p/720p/1080p from the files, but marked everything as HDTV-____ in the database. It wasn't able to tell whether the source was WebDL or BluRay or whatever, but it picked up resolution just fine on its own. None of my files were tagged with resolution or source, either, just "Title (date).mkv" etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

sedative posted:

Thanks, bought the $20 1000GB block from UsenetFire. Should last me a grip.