Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

teen witch posted:

tempted for a separate r/legaladvice thread because it’s a loving mess of its own

how intriguingly low on detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Miss posted:

how intriguingly low on detail

quote:

Purse.io is a website where you can exchange Bitcoin for Amazon items by using gift cards. The person who wants the item sets a discount, usually ranging from 5-30 percent. A buyer then comes in and accepts their deal, and uses their Amazon balance to pay for it. The buyer is then compensated in Bitcoin minus whatever the discount was. Basically purse.io was created so people could turn their Amazon wallet balance into Bitcoin.

What I figured I could do is go onto a third party website and buy amazon gift cards for discounts themselves. Again, completely legal to buy gift cards from third party vendors but it is against Amazon's TOS for the reason that the cards may be scams.

If I buy a $500 amazon gift card for $400, that's a 20% discount. I then use the $500 in the gift card balance to buy things for people on purse.io. As long as what I am buying is set at a discount lower than 20%, I make a profit. So if I buy $500 worth of items at 5% discount on purse, I get back $475 in Bitcoin which is $75 in profit.

Illegal or legal?

Edit: Also, as I said above, amazon states that the breaking of TOS by buying third party gift cards is a punishment of suspension or banning of account.

"beating the system" = being the middle-man for money laundering schemes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lucrece posted:

And now for something from someone who's not bitter or unhinged in the least.....

Revenge on husband and mistress

Yeah I went from "not well" to "I think shes gonna cut the breaks" when she talks about single parenting her son who is 10 and then later introduces 3 other children she has

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Licarn posted:

It's basically arbitrage but somehow more lame. He's just exploiting a price difference between two markets.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Licarn posted:

lmao

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Its only arbitrage if he can reliably liquidate those bitcoins back into real money on the fly. Otherwise he's some sort of prehistoric trader, trading real goods for goodwill and calling it profit.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Serephina posted:

Its only arbitrage if he can reliably liquidate those bitcoins back into real money on the fly. Otherwise he's some sort of prehistoric trader, trading real goods for goodwill and calling it profit.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general are basically illiquid stocks. Since this is how he is paid he first has to determine the valuation of the bitcoin he receives with each payment (lol) to count that as income and then keep track of the short term taxable gains, if any, when he sells them.

I hope he actually tries to do this. I imagine it's a pain in the rear end and I would be genuinely surprised if any crypto exchange is compliant enough to track that info and provide 1099 forms for tax filing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (17M) girlfriend (19F) is mad because my video game character has a girlfriend. Is she being too sensitive or am I in the wrong?

You telling me that pedophiles aren't the most mentally stable people? Wild!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kind of the whole thing with bitcoin is that actually turning them into money is the hard part, and generally every time someone tries to on a large scale the price collapses.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My fiancé (28M) and I (26F) tried the 36 questions to fall in love and it led to arguments and feeling distant.
I feel this one got skipped over. This really leapt out at me:

quote:

The question is who would you invite for dinner, he said this guy who’s name he couldn’t remember that could never be killed during WWI and eventually drowned in a river (sorry I tried to googling it and I couldn’t find the name),[ed: people are saying Rasputin] I said John Mulaney.
I think there's a pretty big mismatch between people who answer the "you can meet anyone alive or dead" question with "famous but mysterious historical figure" and "stand up comic I could meet now if I really wanted to."

Please tell me there's a historically-significant John Mulaney I'm not thinking of.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I write in my Airbnb review that the host walked on me in the shower?

So, I'm staying in this Airbnb at the moment, just arrived in a new town and figured I would do that while I look for more permanent housing. It's only me (22 yo girl) and the host (that we'll call James) staying in this apartment.

The Airbnb so far hadn't been too great: the first night I arrived, I realized immediately that the whole apartment is between kinda dirty in some places and pretty gross in others, the living room is full of clothes on the floor and food waste, the kitchen was pretty unclean with the sink overflowing of dishes and some dirty plates here and there (that didn't get cleaned for the first three days I was there). So I was going to write this in my review anyway, not in so much details, but still.

James though, outside of the uncleanliness, has been a decent host, nothing special to note.

But this morning, he walked in on me in the shower.

See, while the toilet has a lock, the bathroom does not. That kinda made me uncomfortable from the first day, so I put a laundry basket inside the room against the door when I'm in there. And today, James opened the door when I was in the shower.

He immediately apologized and closed the door. I feel uncomfortable that he walked in while the water was very audibly running, I think it was very clear from the sound that I was in the shower, but maybe he was distracted and didn't realize. I'm not accusing him to have done this on purpose at all, though again, I'm annoyed by this.

Now, will I be the rear end in a top hat if I mention in my review that the bathroom doesn't have a lock ? (the guest bedroom does not either)

And most importantly, will I be the rear end in a top hat if I mention the incident? I do believe it's an honest mistake from James, and I don't want him to think I'm accusing him of being a predator, but also I feel like as a girl staying alone in Airbnb, it's the type of thing I want other girls to know, like I would feel bad if I didn't mention it? I wouldn't phrase it as him being a terrible pervert,just mentioning that this happened. I'm torn.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT : Because it's coming up a lot in the comments, you can only leave a review once you've checked out of the place. So in any case, I'm not writing a review before I've left the place.

EDIT 2 : For more additional info, the door is always open and lights off when there's no one in, which is why I assumed closed door and water running was a sign. The laundry basket was not full at all, pretty light, easily movable, it wasn't a big force against the door. When he opened the door, the door moved the laundry basket a bit, I don't know if he realized there was a laundry basket blocking the door or if the sight of the inside of the shower room told him there was someone in. He didn't fully open the door, I don't know how much he saw really, he closed it fairly quickly. There is no toilet in that room, just the shower and the sink. There technically is an old "lock" on the bathroom like the one on the toilet door but it's covered in paint, you can't use it. Also, I'm used to going to different level of youth hostels and Airbnb so that's why I didn't react strongly to the fact there was no lock on the bathroom and on the bedroom in the first place.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Beachcomber posted:

I thought no one liked a Tatty tale?

I liked it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sjs00 posted:

They could be singing the baby's shark song

Yeah, if dad has such a problem with that song, try some others. Baby shark, the song that never ends... uh, 500 miles by the proclaimers?

Dad sounds like a cock.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My (23F) fiancé (28M) wants to separate our finances after I told him no to buying a new car

quote:

We’ve been together 2.5 years, engaged for 3 months.

We live together, have joint checking, work from home together, share credit cards, share a vehicle, pay for all bills together, etc.

Recently he wanted to buy a new luxury model car when we make $55K combined. I was impulsive and naive and said heck yeah! then after doing research and budgeting for the first time I realized how foolish and impractical the expense is (especially considering we WORK FROM HOME!).

Anyway, I changed my mind, explained my reasoning with objectivity and tried to be respectful of his position, yet told him honestly he won’t change my mind but that the discussion is open ongoing if circumstances change, and now my fiancé is quite upset. He said he does not align with my financial decisions and wants to separate our finances since he’s mistrusting of my worldview on finances and because I initially said yes then said no with further information.

I think this is an awful, childish, retaliatory, downright manipulative thing for him to suggest. It seems to me like we will break up if he sticks to this. But can anyone help me with arguments in my defense here? I mean we can’t and shouldn’t split our finances because of his suggestion here, right? He was being silly in wanting this new car we can’t afford, and I indulged him and myself for a bit but once I did adequate research my mind changed. I didn’t change his mind and while I respect it, I know we have to agree on big decisions like this and I did not feel comfortable with the large expense.

If I had been the one who suggested splitting finances, I think that would be more reasonable. And yet I don’t even want to do that (yet). I think of us as a unit, a whole. I’ve lended him money, been the primary on a loan for his small business (which is still in my name! so what do I do about that if we split finances?), I’m the primary breadwinner and i want to provide for us and now he’s actually getting some decent income he wants to take that away?

It’s as if he’s taking away his income from me so I’m punished for not buying this new car, and the consequence is having even LESS money than if I agreed to get the car.

I’m so hurt, confused, offended, and disheartened by this all. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

What do I do? What can I say? Am I in the right here? How can I convince him? Should I try to separate our finances? That would really hurt.

—-

tl;dr: fiancé got upset when I refused to buy a new luxury car with him because of reasonable reasons. He’s claiming my flip-flopping and lack of willingness for risk/benefit makes him mistrust me and he wants to separate our finances. I don’t want to do this and if he insists I’m not sure I believe it’s for any good reasons at all and I may try to leave. What do you think? Should I try separating finances? Is there enough evidence he’s just punishing me and this is as awful as I feel it is?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My fiancé (28M) and I (26F) tried the 36 questions to fall in love and it led to arguments and feeling distant.

more in the comments

quote:

We haven’t had many big problems, so I am not really sure. The one big problem we did have we had to go to therapy to solve. His brother moved in awhile back and he just sat around smoking weed and eating all of our food for 7 months, he didn’t pay rent, he didn’t clean (he actually did quite the opposite), he wouldn’t even do small favors for us (one time we asked him to go get us medicine when we were both really sick). I couldn’t say anything about something his brother did (for instance he consistently won’t flush the toilet leaving huge poops in the bathroom and ash and matches all over the floor even though we ask him not to smoke in the house) without my fiancé feeling like I was attacking his brother. The therapy helped a lot, I can now point out something his brother did without my fiancé instantly going into defense mode. We learned to work through it as a team.

So I guess we aren’t great at it. A part of me worries that every big problem we will have to solve in therapy and I don’t know how I feel about that.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to use the gender neutral single bathroom?

Time to start scalping crackers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A household that produces a person who doesnt flush didnt just get unlucky raising a kid

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Beachcomber posted:

Is this the same guy that poo poo at the dinner table?

It seems that story was removed under the "No shitposts" rule. Apparently the mods over there have never seen "My 600lb. Life".

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

r/relationship_advice

My BF (32M) and I (31F). Is this "normal?" Abusive? Or am I overreacting? Sad and confused, need help.

Long rear end post but here are the highlights:

quote:

Some weeks I cry 10 times a day, at work even too. Other times we go weeks without an "episode." I don't know what to do... stay and try to make it work or start over? I'm 31 and I really want a family and a supportive partner and I know that I'm getting older and that scares me too in terms of having kids. Terrifies me. I don't want to start over. But I just don't know if this is right. And I know I am not perfect. At all. And my biggest thing in this relationship is I am sensitive and can be emotional.

People have told me to ignore it, and some things I can.

Some days he is the most loving wonderful person in the world and I am on cloud nine. Other days he's in a "mood" and just nothing I say is okay. I very often feel as if I'm walking on egg shells.

-The other night he asked me to leave his apt at 2:30 am because he couldn't sleep. Apparently he was annoyed that my dog was sleeping in bed and that I left her water bowl in the middle of the apartment without asking him first. I was sound asleep and had to walk home through the streets of NYC at 2:30 am with my dog.

-His brother works at a restaurant and his hours are being cut. My uncle owns a company in the same town. I asked my uncle if his company was hiring (I did not give his brother's name or anything), and if my uncle said yes, my plan was to pass the info on to my BF and then he and his brother could make a decision about whether to apply. He got FURIOUS that I asked. "How dare I get involved with his brother or his family." I literally was only trying to help. He could have said that was nice but no thanks. Instead he told me he's not sure he loves me anymore and doesn't know if he wants me to meet his family (we were leaving for me to meet his family for the first time the following week.) He also came into my apartment without telling me first to search for and take his keys back as a result of this.

-I am an elementary school teacher. We ran into a student on the street. I introduced him as my friend. He FLIPPED out. Said maybe he should bring me to his office and introduce me to people there as his friend.

-He was in a horrible mood. We had gotten a gift card for a certain restaurant and went that night. The music was loud and it felt "going-out ish." He got in an even worse mood and wouldn't talk to me at all. I said I know this isn't your first choice place, but you're a grown up and this is date night, can't we just make the best of it? All he said was "let's just get this over with, I hope the food comes fast". We sat in uncomfortable silence the whole meal.

-We were walking to see a movie and planned to go to a drug store across the street from the movie. We passed a drug store earlier (I didn't realize that corner had one) and I suggested going in. He didn't answer me. I said "I guess not" as we walked passed it. He got mad that I was changing the plans, and thought I was trying to control him. He also thought I had an attitude. After this, we sat in the movie and he told me that he is just realizing (9 months into the relationship) that I have an attitude problem and he doesn't really like my personality. He thinks we're better as friends.

-We walked past a deli with a really long line. I said "Look at that long line." No response. Thought he didn't hear. Said it again. He got mad and said "Wow, cool a line. Never seen that before." He thought it was a stupid comment and that I'm being controlling by telling him where to look.

-We were going to visit my sister in another city. I was really excited and he knew all the plans. One involved dinner with her friends. The night before we went he asked me "Do you really think I want to hang out with your sister and all her little friends?"

When he is in a mood, he literally cannot stop himself from reacting in a certain way or say something that comes out of his mouth. Usually, later when he is calmer, he apologizes and says he understands why what he said/did was wrong. But then it keeps happening.

I think I love him. But this part of him is horrific and I never know when it will come out. Please help me. I want honest advice.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

'-We walked past a deli with a really long line. I said "Look at that long line." No response. Thought he didn't hear. Said it again. He got mad and said "Wow, cool a line.'

absolutely owns

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cockmaster posted:

It seems that story was removed under the "No shitposts" rule. Apparently the mods over there have never seen "My 600lb. Life".

Possibly a literal interpretation of the rule.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

AceClown posted:

My BF (32M) and I (31F). Is this "normal?" Abusive? Or am I overreacting? Sad and confused, need help.

I don't want to start over.

It sounded like she'd sunk cost herself into staying in this relationship, but they met less than a year ago :psyduck:

:sever:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

B-but I love him! That means everything will work out in the end!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Licarn posted:

I (25m) don't want to really ever hug my sister (14f) anymore, basically because she has boobs. After being pressed about it, I told her and it hurt her. I kinda feel like a bad person now and don't know what to do.

I just knew the comments would be comedy gold on this one and sure enough:

Yeah something is happening here.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

AceClown posted:

r/relationship_advice

Long rear end post but here are the highlights:

My advice is to run away really really fast

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I (22f) feel like I'm putting my mother before my husband and child and it's ruining my family
submitted 1 day ago by life_sentencer

quote:

So my mom is retired and doesn't work, however she receives disability and watches my daughter for 6 hours 5 days a week.

But I feel like she's killing my own homelife. Instead of being home with our child, I have to run my mom for her errands. And then she remembers that she forgot some insignificant item and wants me to come back. My SO is getting frustrated and feels like I'm putting her before us.

I feel guilty, because she's our baby sitter and everything, but at the same time I feel frustrated that she'll suddenly ask to go to the store and if I tell her I'm cleaning/want to be at home, she always seems to get passive agressive. I just don't know how to make everyone happy, or what to say to my mom.

Of course I want to help my mom and everything, but I feel like she has bad time management and it's messing up my own family life.

TLDR: I feel like I'm putting my mother before my husband and daughter and I feel like it's messing up my own home life

Keep me from my baby and I'll end you
submitted 1 year ago by life_sentencer

quote:

I moved out of home after my mother (and babysitter) dropped my child off at my job. While I was working. I kept her in my office until I found somebody. Now she has a babysitter who loves her, does her hair every morning, and buys her things because they love her.

So she hasn't seen her since she dropped her off at my office. She chose to not communicate her frustration and put my daughter in danger? Plus be abusive in front of her? She's cut off because my daughter will not grow up the way I did.

My mom texted me and said "you keep my baby from me ill loving end you sl** cu**.

I thought of you guys, and your Mils.

All the crazy grandma's who think their children's children are theirs??

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Barudak posted:

A household that produces a person who doesnt flush didnt just get unlucky raising a kid

Lol. Guess there was never the right time to work on that.

How does that even work? Next one who sits on the throne automatically flushes? Or does the dude finish up, walks out and yells downstairs "Ma, you need to come up and flush. I need to go back to gaming."

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Licarn posted:

I (22f) feel like I'm putting my mother before my husband and child and it's ruining my family
submitted 1 day ago by life_sentencer

Keep me from my baby and I'll end you
submitted 1 year ago by life_sentencer

way to stick to your guns lady

Power Khan posted:

How does that even work? Next one who sits on the throne automatically flushes? Or does the dude finish up, walks out and yells downstairs "Ma, you need to come up and flush. I need to go back to gaming."

AY MA COME FLUSH THE TOILETTI I GOTTA HIT THE DRIPPINI

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA for changing the "days without an accident" sign when a pregnant coworker peed her pants?
u/throwawaypanda565h
Hi Reddit. I work at a factory that manufactures a lot of toys. I'm a regional manager at the facility so I am in charge of a lot of the factory post it's on the board wall including the big days without an accident sign that my higher ups want me to update when something happens. Yesterday one of the factory workers unfortunately urinated on herself before she could make it to the restroom. I wasn't there when it happened but I overheard it when everyone was talking on lunch break 30 minutes after it happened. Upon knowing this I thought it would be funny to update the accident sign. None of the factory workers were really happy with that and the person that had the accident started sobbing. I changed it back and apologized immediately. I knew this individual and I thought she would laugh but I guess she didn't. I now feel kind of bad and anxious that I'll be demoted. AITA?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Probably not work appropriate but pretty funny nonetheless.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

maybe workshop this amazing gag with a theoretical "hey, we should change the sign" before you actually go and publicly broadcast someone's embarassment

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Probably not work appropriate but pretty funny nonetheless.

Yeah could be construed to be a hostile workplace. Great move for getting fired

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

It's a funny joke but it's one you make, in private, when and if you have a really close personal rapport with the butt of the joke.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

This Facility Has Gone 0 Days Without An Idiot

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My (M, 28) relationship of 5 years in ruins, she (F, 22) cheated with 5 different people
submitted 17 hours ago by FriendlyShoe0

quote:

I want to explain my first GF and our relationship. I though would last forever. I am very devoted and loyal guy, I am not clingy, just dependable. We started to date 5 years ago, I crazily fell in love and she did too. We had a bit of a rocky start because she wanted to always go party and dance and I am not outgoing type. However she was emotionally quite lost, and I was always her emotional support in hard times.

I was always trying to make her happy by traveling out of the country somewhere (Denmark, Germany, Australia, Kazachstan). She wanted to see the world.

When I was working abroad, she called me, and told me that she kissed some other guy. Next day she told me it wasnt just a kiss. Next days she told me, it wasnt just one guy. Next day she told me it was 4 guys in total.

I loved her crazy, but I wasnt stupid. I told her that we have two options. Either we are going to break up and never see each other again, or she would really have to start to work on that relationship. She chose the latter.

I told her that I will be able to forgive, if she will tell truth and nothing but truth. Dont make me an idiot ever again. Say how things are, so that I know what I am forgiving you.

She told me that those 4 guys where all there was.

Needless to say, couple months later, she mentioned that she wasnt all that truthfull, and that there was another guy. But in her words, that wasnt cheating, because that guy "didn't finish"

I knew our relationship was doomed. So I told her we will break up. She went on tinder and literally two days after, she had ONS. Because we were still living together, I was curious where she was. Naturally I still had feelings for her, so I read her text messages and leanred that she had ONS with the guy choking her while they were at it. She liked that.

Its been a year now. I am not trusting any woman now. I am sorry, I dont want to offend anyone, its just the fact, that I dont want to live through something like this again, so I dont date anyone. What should I do? How can I trust? How can I now that other person wont do this again?

**TL;DR; : My ex was cheating on me for 5 years, she was my first GF. I dont trust anyone anymore. How can I help myself? **.

avoid doorways fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 20, 2020

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

teen witch posted:

AITA for changing the "days without an accident" sign when a pregnant coworker peed her pants?

I drew attention to someone's really embarrassing situation. Was that a bad thing?

loving rear end in a top hat picking on a pregnant woman.

The only way he can make it up to her is join her and pee his own pants in front of everyone

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Uncle Enzo posted:

I drew attention to someone's really embarrassing situation. Was that a bad thing?

loving rear end in a top hat picking on a pregnant woman.

The only way he can make it up to her is join her and pee his own pants in front of everyone

That would be the coolest

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

teen witch posted:

(Accident sign change)
Horrible, but funny in a sit-com kind of way. Also thank you for the Tatty stories. I really enjoyed the thought of him being dragged along on a piece of plywood. Feel bad for this dude being the sane one in the family.

Time for another classic!
I (28f) planned a wine and cheese mixer for almost a month. My husband (28m) of 5 years showed up with 3 36 packs of Budweiser and turned it into a frat party. I know this may sound silly but I'm crushed. What do I do?

quote:

So I realize this may sound silly and I'm sorry in advance if it does, I promise I'm not snooty or holier than thou in my day to day life. It's just that I've always wanted to host a "sophisticated" party with great wine and food and decent conversation. I'm not opposed to bar nights and keg parties, it's just that I wanted to do something different on this particular night (last Saturday).

I had literally been planning this party for over a month, I ordered special cheeses directly from Europe, I sent out "taste questionnaires" to all my guests to best accommodate their wine and food preferences. I cleaned for days, I even replaced our ratty old couch with a new sectional from Crate and Barrel and matched some really cool thrift store hauls to make it sort of "warehouse chic." I hand made all the invitations and event matched the stamps to better fit the motif of the design.

Saturday night came around and everyone was having a great time, people were dressed to the nines and I was on cloud nine with what a great time everyone was having. We had intelligent and polite conversation and everyone was getting along great. I had at max 20 total guests (some left early and some arrived late).

After maybe 2 hours I noticed my husband was not present, no big deal I thought since he said he'd wanted to smoke some good cigars so I figured that's where he was. Maybe 10 minutes later I hear him and his best friend bust through the front door saying really loud "Now we got a party folks!!!" as he and his friends were carrying huge boxes of Budweiser.

Well slowly but surely my sophisticated wine party turned into a beer bust, the guys took their ties and coats off, the girls got more loose and after an hour of beer drinking my new couches were pushed to the wall and everyone was dancing and grinding and my nice calm background music was changed to hip hop.

I basically went in my room and cried. I didn't tell anyone so no one checked on me, not my friends, not my husband, no one. They were all having "too good" of a time. To make it worse, the next day nearly everyone sent me texts or emails saying what a great time they had and they didn't expect to "party until 3am." So not only did it not go my way, no even appreciates "my part" of the party.

I'm crushed. By my husband mostly since he knew how important this was to me, but also by my friends who so quickly went along with my husband and didn't even seem to miss me at the party.

What do I do here? I feel betrayed by just about everyone.

tl;dr: Husband ruined my "sophisticated" party by showing up in the middle of it with beer and basically turned it into a frat party.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That has to be a sitcom episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Time for another classic!
I (28f) planned a wine and cheese mixer for almost a month. My husband (28m) of 5 years showed up with 3 36 packs of Budweiser and turned it into a frat party. I know this may sound silly but I'm crushed. What do I do?

It gets better/worse in the comments

quote:

No, not really. Every party, football night/day, poker night, I end up doing the cleaning. Usually its ok because I don't mind and I'm a much neater person than he was but part of wanting to have a sophisticated party was so I could just enjoy myself Sunday morning with coffee and not have to get up feel l needed to scrub before stains set in. That's exactly what I ended up doing.

quote:

If I tried to make him clean up after the party, he would have head nodded me to death and said he would do it and we'd still be sitting in over a hundred beer cans.

quote:

he did some cursory cleaning between the time he got up and went to play golf, but for all intents and purposes, I cleaned up by myself.

quote:

Last football season when the Cowboys played the Redskins I specifically went out of town to see my sister the week after. I thought that if I wasn't there to clean up after he and his friends he'd get so sick of the mess he'd jump in and clean it up. Well not only did he not clean up after that game, he didn't clean up after poker night on Tuesday, he didn't clean up after college games on Saturday and he didn't clean up after the NFL games on Sunday. I arrived Sunday night to beer cans literally coating our floor and empty pizza boxes and Chinese food containers.

basically if I don't do it, he never will.