Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://mobile.twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1216135046253420545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Decade End Awards results are up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910791

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

First ever Wotore event is live right now https://wotore.tv/#/

in case you have missed its like MOATFIGHTS from Japan right down to the fog in the moat but bareknuckle, no time limit, no weight classes. amazingly dumb & from what I just saw of the last fight, amazingly hilarious

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Bellator is on, so expect a ton of bad prelim mismatches

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

well sergio pettis destroyed that man

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

TheTofuShop posted:

well sergio pettis destroyed that man

Frank Trigg wanted him to destroy even more

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Sergio Pettis scoring a first round submission should give you all the evidence you need about just how bad Bellator is

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I sort of :lol: at the Proper Twelve ad in the Bellator cage

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Digital Jedi posted:

I sort of :lol: at the Proper Twelve ad in the Bellator cage

Lol I good catch.

Looks like Budd and Cyborg are reasonably evenly matched.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Love a good body shot

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cyborg turns out to be slightly less poo poo than Budd.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
"Elbow Julia, ELBOW!" I scream at my wife as she's being brutally beaten.

https://twitter.com/jimassoun1/status/1221308580097335297

Mr_Moose fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 26, 2020

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So Trump fixer Michael Cohen allegedly tried to pay some online poll fixers with an affliction fighter signed glove. Does anyone know which fighter that was?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

So Trump fixer Michael Cohen allegedly tried to pay some online poll fixers with an affliction fighter signed glove. Does anyone know which fighter that was?

I hope it was Josh for maximum lols

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It probably wasn't even illegal but I would be mighty suspicious about the glove.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dave Grool posted:

I hope it was Josh for maximum lols

Barnett not only gets a confirmed kill on Affliction but also the Trump Presidency.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Time to find out if you can combat the OilDome with lowkicks

https://twitter.com/komonews/status/1221975073818472450?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

Time to find out if you can combat the OilDome with lowkicks

https://twitter.com/komonews/status/1221975073818472450?s=19

oh hey, the guy that beats up drunks is in trouble again.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Not gonna post it because it is gross, but a dude on tonight's LFA card had serial killer fight shorts, that had pics of Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, and what looked like victim photos as well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

Not gonna post it because it is gross, but a dude on tonight's LFA card had serial killer fight shorts, that had pics of Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, and what looked like victim photos as well.

i hate that this was a grown man's idea, design, and implementation and an entire organisation is aware and proud that there is literally no content in picture format that you couldn't adorn your shorts with and fight with their blessing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

if this is the nadir of it, maybe that pesky reebok deal isn't so bad

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

LobsterMobster posted:

if this is the nadir of it, maybe that pesky reebok deal isn't so bad

murphy's law of fighters doing dumb poo poo

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
What the gently caress is an "involuntary low blow"?

https://twitter.com/MmaSquare/status/1223190162261336064?s=20

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm guessing an accidental foul vs a deliberate foul? What they'd use for a NC vs a DQ, although my memory of it is vague.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the rules allow for the ref to rule a low blow intentional or not and penalize accordingly. Basically the difference between a high inside thigh kick and a straight up front kick to the junk.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

an attack that was intended to be clean but wasn't because the target is alive and doesn't want to be hit anywhere, but especially the balls, and it happened anyway.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

i clicked through all the way and that fight has an official listing of ended in the first round at 0:00 so maybe its just a joke?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There was an unbelievably gnarly destructive mir lock on CFFC just now. It was probably the nastiest arm lock injury I've ever seen.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Lid posted:

i clicked through all the way and that fight has an official listing of ended in the first round at 0:00 so maybe its just a joke?

Nah, I watched the fight. The first low blow lands within the first minute, and the second not long after the restart. I'm not sure how they indicate a NC in terms of time, but they definitely didn't fight for more than 2 minutes total (not counting recovery time).

Marching Powder posted:

an attack that was intended to be clean but wasn't because the target is alive and doesn't want to be hit anywhere, but especially the balls, and it happened anyway.

coconono posted:

the rules allow for the ref to rule a low blow intentional or not and penalize accordingly. Basically the difference between a high inside thigh kick and a straight up front kick to the junk.

Ahah, that makes sense. It definitely looked like a case of Huang's knee being on a direct collision course for Torres's crotch any time they clinched. It definitely didn't look intentional, but drat. I don't think I've ever been whacked in the lady parts hard enough to quit a fight, so I can't even begin to relate. (Did pass out once getting squeezed in a dude's guard before I realized I'd dislocated a rib in takedown drills right before, but that's different...)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

(Quoting from the MMA nomination thread)

L0cke17 posted:

I don't know whether this goes under reffing incompetence, or pure boneheaded stupidity on the part of the fighter but holy poo poo

https://mobile.twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/1223808016614596608

:eyepoop:

I really need to go see some of these cards in person, this is so close to me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

(Quoting from the MMA nomination thread)

I really need to go see some of these cards in person, this is so close to me.

Finally watched this. I think I'm gonna throw up.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Invicta is tonight, featuring a "title fight", except the champ missed weight, so only the challenger is eligible to get the belt with a win.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Invicta is tonight, featuring a "title fight", except the champ missed weight, so only the challenger is eligible to get the belt with a win.

There's a 20 year old Renzo girl who learned a good headkick, knockdown in the first round knockout in the second.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hahahahaha just found out there's another Russian undefeated dude named

Usman Nurmagomedov

I was confused watching this clip like hey why is he fighting in GFC, https://twitter.com/Jolassanda1/status/1226561906116321280

Cuz just the other day Khabib announced that Umar signed with UFC, only by the end realizing wait that name doesn't say Umar.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

Hahahahaha just found out there's another Russian undefeated dude named

Usman Nurmagomedov

I was confused watching this clip like hey why is he fighting in GFC, https://twitter.com/Jolassanda1/status/1226561906116321280

Cuz just the other day Khabib announced that Umar signed with UFC, only by the end realizing wait that name doesn't say Umar.

Ali Abdel Aziz getting that secret clone hybrid of Kamaru Usman and Khabib Nurmagomedov into MMA in the most obvious way.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1227006172479098880

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

If a fighter is so great, why have then won titles in 4 orgs? Is there a reason no one retains her long term?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kensei posted:

If a fighter is so great, why have then won titles in 4 orgs? Is there a reason no one retains her long term?

Mostly because Cyborg rules capital drools.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Given the state of WMMA, it's not unreasonable that a veteran has been in and gotten to the top of small heaps in multiple orgs.
I wouldn't hold that particular stat against her (nor in high regard).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

kensei posted:

No such thing as a viable women's featherweight division :shrug: