Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Preordered the hell out of that book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

there is literally no way I will preorder a book with Onstad's name on it. I'll gladly buy it once it exists, though. PBF's got a print collection coming out too

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

LordSaturn posted:

there is literally no way I will preorder a book with Onstad's name on it. I'll gladly buy it once it exists, though. PBF's got a print collection coming out too

Yeah, I saw the PBF one in the suggested items and that’s tempting me pretty hard.

I’m not worried about preordering it because all the material is already done- if he was writing new stuff for it I’d hold off until it was actually released.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Thats the nice thing about it having an actual publisher. Since they already have the comics and blogs and so forth, they can virtuously release the book, even as Onstad demands they steal the money instead.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I try not to get into a position where me getting owned would be extremely funny for someone else, because then I will definitely get owned. I don't make the rules.

EDIT: vvv no and I don't care, either

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 4, 2020

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

LordSaturn posted:

You know you don't actually put any money down when you preorder something on Amazon, right?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I'll hold off purchasing until I read what people are whining about regarding it in this thread.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean we’re specifically discussing the time in when this same guy very famously accepted preorders for a book that he never wrote and then failed to issue refunds before, it’s not telling tales outta school

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Edit: Never mind- overly negative.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

projecthalaxy posted:

Thats the nice thing about it having an actual publisher. Since they already have the comics and blogs and so forth, they can virtuously release the book, even as Onstad demands they steal the money instead.

Dark Horse wasn't an actual publisher?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

How Wonderful! posted:

Dark Horse wasn't an actual publisher?

Wasn’t the second cookbook not being published through Dark Horse?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

An unexplored chapter of Rustmouth's life
https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1225607366776741888

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hey, you got one of those new Japanese toilets! What's it do?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Hey, you got one of those new Japanese toilets! What's it do?

BURRITOLINGUS: EATING BURRITO WITH THE MOUTH

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

extremely minor Achewood character of the day: "Siccio," a very Italian attorney who fails to represent Pat in court so badly that he dies

pt. 1
pt. 2
pt. 3

I have NO PATIENCE for Italian people and the cocky way they dress

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pastry of the Year posted:

extremely minor Achewood character of the day: "Siccio," a very Italian attorney who fails to represent Pat in court so badly that he dies

pt. 1
pt. 2
pt. 3

I have NO PATIENCE for Italian people and the cocky way they dress

Pat’s blogs are the best blogs.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Pat’s blogs are the best blogs.

one of them begins "Oh boy, am I seeing red today. You're about to find out why." and I'm just like :allears:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pastry of the Year posted:

one of them begins "Oh boy, am I seeing red today. You're about to find out why." and I'm just like :allears:

Everything in the entire vegan restaurant story arc is pure gold, from how he keeps firing contractors over petty stuff, to closing it after it’s not a giant success on its first day.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Pat is such a dick.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

withak posted:

Pat is such a dick.

"Anyhow, if you want to read Awake! magazine, you can dig through my trash, except you can't, because I'll shoot you with rock salt.

Happy new year from Pat. "

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Everything in the entire vegan restaurant story arc is pure gold, from how he keeps firing contractors over petty stuff, to closing it after it’s not a giant success on its first day.
It's not a restaurant, you witless pig. A restaurant is where the hoi polloi force down troughs of slop shot through with rivulets of syrup and grease, until their haunches are even more enormous and disgusting than their carbon footprint. Soytopia! was an ecological and sociopolitical clarity bar, and it was murdered by swinish sentiments such as yours. Shame!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

"Where are you from?"
"Chicago."
"Then try my product!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy fucccck I had forgotten all about the Siccio stuff.

Pat posted:

In the meanwhile, I guess I have to put my lawsuit against Hair Have You Been? and its employees on hold. Whatever. I was kind of losing interest in it anyway, since it was such a formality of a slam-dunk. I don't really need the money, I more just wanted them to be put out of business. Maybe later tonight I will throw a rock through their window.

Pat is... incredible.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

loving goddamn Pat

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
And all it took to make Pat a decent, friendly,person was an electric shock to the DICK

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

And all it took to make Pat a decent, friendly,person was an electric shock to the DICK

Link to the arc for anyone else who now wants to reread that arc: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09192003

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat that’s crazy I let a dude electrocute my dick once and I feel like it made me a much worse person.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

drat that’s crazy I let a dude electrocute my dick once and I feel like it made me a much worse person.

You gotta have a turquoise amulet with a latent spell on it in your pocket, duh.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
You know what it is? I let some scientists chop off my dick last night. My mind is all over the place.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Link to the arc for anyone else who now wants to reread that arc: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09192003

I love the line "It will electrocute his dick."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ha ha! Don't thank me, thank Anarchy!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Philippe using the Anarchist's Cookbook to do nice things for his mom :3:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Phillipe recognizing that Pat is the universal public enemy

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Children caught playing Imagination Games will be immediately asked to leave.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Let us remember that Pat had built himself a spaceship. That he was on his way to leave earth and go exist in the only place he could be happy, away from everyone else, when Beef stole that spaceship. Beef trapped Pat on earth, the immediate retribution is that everyone still has to deal with Pat.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Moe_Rahn posted:

You know what it is? I let some scientists chop off my dick last night. My mind is all over the place.

Perfect Friends.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I got to dig up the GOF arc for the three strips where Ray and Todd have a very serious discussion about nuts for your phone

I didn't really realize what a brilliant caricature that is of the kind of people who invented truck nutz, who actually exist and are rich because human beings are actually that stupid

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Javid posted:

I got to dig up the GOF arc for the three strips where Ray and Todd have a very serious discussion about nuts for your phone

I didn't really realize what a brilliant caricature that is of the kind of people who invented truck nutz, who actually exist and are rich because human beings are actually that stupid

I reread Achewood every couple years and the GOF arc always sneaks up on me. It's phone balls, then Ray's mom visits, then OH poo poo GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
YEAH I’M THREE

THREE BAA-AAA-LLIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Pakled posted:

I reread Achewood every couple years and the GOF arc always sneaks up on me. It's phone balls, then Ray's mom visits, then OH poo poo GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT

much like how the beef wedding arc starts with ray's neighbor parking on his lawn

envelope martinez heralds events of significance in the universe