Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Thank you, Keane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

King Burgundy posted:

So an interesting question would be, if we were to vote a lurkerish person, who would you want it to be?

Ruggan. Their only non-mechanics scumhunting posts have been:

1. Light defense of Mega, a flip would help with deciding Mega's alignment

Ruggan posted:

100% agree with this... although I have a tendency to think Steak is scum too...

This me-too-ing of one of my posts, with a built-in hedge.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

:frogdunce:

OK, you win.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SolusLunes posted:

Ruggan. Their only non-mechanics scumhunting posts have been:

1. Light defense of Mega, a flip would help with deciding Mega's alignment

This me-too-ing of one of my posts, with a built-in hedge.

Also says legos.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

In fact...

##vote Ruggan

hey buddy you should come post

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Also says legos.

but I say legos

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Mega

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm just saying I bet monsters will most likely hide behind the "uh ho ho ho - I'm bad at building, but a GRREAAAT fighter" *wink wink*

It would just be the logical thing to do as scum I think. You look like you're contributing, and cooperating probably without lying. I doubt scum actually are great at building anything being destructive monsters. Just a flavor based hunch, but yah... I imagine a scum probably also doubled down on that specific flavor.

On initial read, this made sense to me. But once you apply more than a surface level of thought to it, you can see this won't hold true. For one thing, scum don't all want to end up in combat or they can't night kill us, per the OP. Also, undoubtedly at least some scum have night actions they would want to use in addition to that, that they'd also need to be out of combat to use. So while it is true they will have to navigate the fact that they don't contribute to the building effort(which again, is why I think it is important we all claim what we are doing today and I think the people not doing this could include scum), I don't think it is a given at all that scum as a whole would go for combat. I don't think this is a decision we can meaningfully attribute to alignment at this point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

but I say legos

And you're wildly regarded as a scoundrel and ne'er-do-well what's your point?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Monathin posted:

I'm not sure if this is toward me but I'll answer it at the very least. If we're absolutely dead set on axing someone who is lurking D1 I'd want it to be Hunt. I think what theyve offered isnt great and I've started thinking of them as a soft scum read. I've not going to switch right away cause I have already stated I want to try and see people force the issue re: Mega vs Iron Chef Ramen, but if momentum swings that way I'm more than happy to vote at that point.

It was to everyone.

If I were to move at this point, I think it would be to ICR. Actually, checking vote totals, if I do that now, it will tie us back up.

##vote ICR

I'd consider Ruggan as well, but I feel bad that they mentioned a family sickness or something, so I feel a little bad about that one and would be willing to give them a day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

MegaZeroX (4): Monathin, Bifauxnen, King Burgundy, Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Lux Animus, Lux Animus, Bifauxnen, Amnistar, Amnistar, CCKeane, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy
Iron Chef Ramen (4): Bifauxnen, Leith Maclaine, MegaZeroX, King Burgundy
b-minus1 (2): Jen X, Dragonatrix, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Bifauxnen (1): Monathin, Monathin, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Ruggan (1): CCKeane, CCKeane, SolusLunes
Jen X (1): b-minus1, SolusLunes, SolusLunes
alli again (1): PMush Perfect
King Burgundy (1): Social Studies 3rd Period
Mr. Steak (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
SolusLunes (0): Amnistar, Amnistar, Jen X, Jen X
Anomalous Amalgam (0): PMush Perfect, SolusLunes, Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, PMush Perfect, Amnistar, Lux Animus, SolusLunes, Lux Animus
Amnistar (0): Anomalous Amalgam, MegaZeroX, MegaZeroX, Anomalous Amalgam
Hunt11 (0): Bifauxnen, Dragonatrix, Bifauxnen, Dragonatrix, Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (6): alli again, charms, Hunt11, Iron Chef Ramen, Lux Animus, Ruggan

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 13th, 2020 at 8 p.m. PST -- that's in about 8 hours, 58 minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Actually, you know what

##unvote Mega

##vote PMush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Okay, I'm trying to catch up, we're playing actual mafia again and I kind of know what the gently caress. Mega feels like the obvious vote choice, but I don't really wanna fall into a vote that easy, for self-meta reasons. In St9le, I tunneled on AA and Amni to the point of losing sight of everything else through the entire game. Amni then was in about the same position that Mega is now, in my mind.

##unvote

I'm gonna reread and try to figure out some good logic for a D1 vote (probably from the leading candidates, there are way too many people for me to try to find and push a dark horse right now without anything at all to go on.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Actually, you know what

##unvote Mega

##vote PMush
Well, that's a post to wake up to.

Morning, Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Well, that's a post to wake up to.

Morning, Keane.

It's afternoon where I am...and soon it will be LIGHTS OUT for you!!!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

It's afternoon where I am...and soon it will be LIGHTS OUT for you!!!
OH NO!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, I'm not voting Mega, lemme look at ICR and binus.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, I'm not voting Mega, lemme look at ICR and binus.

Why?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

I can't get reads on D1 for poo poo because there's nothing to base anything on for me, and most cases that I'm reading seem to be based on "so-and-so acted this way in Mafia XXVII as town" and I don't have any context to agree or disagree. There are mechanics, I can talk about and debate those all day. I can't argue about other people's previous Mafia experience.
:same: I understand the logic behind the ICR case, I don't see it, and b-minus is always like this. I don't really like the idea of anyone we've got on deck right now.

Actually, you know what?

##vote no vote

Why are we killing each other when we have an alternative win condition? Especially when there's so much info we can potentially get from N1?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where are you people getting information about build paths?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Mega feels like the obvious vote choice, but I don't really wanna fall into a vote that easy, for self-meta reasons. In St9le, I tunneled on AA and Amni to the point of losing sight of everything else through the entire game. Amni then was in about the same position that Mega is now, in my mind.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So my understanding is that you think Mega is scum, but don't want to vote for him because you personally don't want to fall into a pattern of meta?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Steak posted:

where are you people getting information about build paths?

I answered this.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

I answered this.

i cant find it :/

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

It feels disingenuous and superficial.

I hold that Soothseer is 100% the most important build path and we should prioritize completing it every day.
1. Death of the builder = game over. Making them better in combat just seems like a no brainers.
2. I *know* the golden raindrop is a build based on my role, and I am nearly certain it is the last build of soothseer.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

So my understanding is that you think Mega is scum, but don't want to vote for him because you personally don't want to fall into a pattern of meta?
In short, I don't trust my own D1 judgment right now.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

]##vote pmush do not like this play 1 bit.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

It feels disingenuous and superficial.

I hold that Soothseer is 100% the most important build path and we should prioritize completing it every day.
1. Death of the builder = game over. Making them better in combat just seems like a no brainers.
2. I *know* the golden raindrop is a build based on my role, and I am nearly certain it is the last build of soothseer.

this is the post i was mainly responding to when i asked.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So...it tells you where I got the information?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry if i'm missing something obvious

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That is on the first page. Either kill all scum or find the rainbow drop and kill the dragon king.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

In short, I don't trust my own D1 judgment right now.

Then why do you trust your judgement on a no-lynch call?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"the rainbow drop is a build based on my role."

can you say this in different words? im like really really confused. when i read it, i assumed this was a future build you knew of somehow, which is advantageous to your role. but now i realize it's the build that simply means "town wins", so how would that be an effect based on your role...?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

sorry if i'm missing something obvious

My role specifically mentions the rainbow drop with regards to building.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually wait I missed this

why the gently caress would you claim this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Amnistar posted:

]##vote pmush do not like this play 1 bit.
The rainbow drop is important, you said so yourself. By killing someone in D1 out of obligation, we reduce the number of people who can help put it together. Random killing during role madness is a bad idea, and what is this but supreme roll madness?

SolusLunes posted:

Then why do you trust your judgement on a no-lynch call?
There's no chance we accidentally kill a doctor by no-voting.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

There's no chance we accidentally kill a doctor by no-voting.

:thunk:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

This responded to only half my post, before going off on some tangent that is not at all related to what I said. Again, you found 50% of the thread scummy, of course it was likely I would find some of the same people scummy. It is math. You are using several arguments like this. Against me, against Mona, etc. That are just utter nonsense. I think at this point you are just trying to find anything that will stick.

god, has anyone ever in the history of Mafia ever posted a full Lumpenlist of all players and not had someone reply to it with "why did you list so many scum???" :v:

liked the rest of this KB post, though. And his vote on ICR, I find it reeeeeal weird how some of these people being asked for their lurker picks did not say ICR when he's got the full trifecta here:

1) lurking
2) talking mostly mechanics instead of opinions on casing
3) ALSO, said opinions he posted about the mechanics suck

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

god, has anyone ever in the history of Mafia ever posted a full Lumpenlist of all players and not had someone reply to it with "why did you list so many scum???" :v:

liked the rest of this KB post, though. And his vote on ICR, I find it reeeeeal weird how some of these people being asked for their lurker picks did not say ICR when he's got the full trifecta here:

1) lurking

Hmm...

Alright, FINE.

##vote ICR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

1) lurking

He agreed with me. :colbert: