Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

So earlier today me [44m] and the platonic lady friend [19.5f] were talking the bonezone express to ladyparts station when...

I, personally, reserve the right to dickpunch anyone who says "Vajayjay".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Neito posted:

I, personally, reserve the right to dickpunch anyone who says "Vajayjay".

Obviously, the correct term is "hoo-ha"

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
So many good thread titles lately!

r/relationships: who’s cum is in me

Bonus points for keeping the poor grammar

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sephiRoth IRA posted:

So many good thread titles lately!

r/relationships: who’s cum is in me

Bonus points for keeping the poor grammar

Its only good as question not a statement.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So my partner and I had just come back from enjoying some appies at Chile's when we decided to go to pound town. I'm inside her snickerdoodle, totally vibin' in the bone zone and of course she's totally into me topping her muffin. And whenever we're on the train to the Cumdrop Forest in Randyland she does this thing where she just starts repeating memes. She keeps saying "snoop my boop" or "like and subscribe to my rear end in a top hat."

Anyway, the reason I'm asking Reddit is that my partner and I can't agree on our monthly Reddit Gold budget, and we need help drafting a contract regarding our spending on it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Giant Isopod posted:

I GOT YOU ALL IN CHECK

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my 17 year old foster daughter that she needs to marry her boyfriend as soon as possible?

I realize that this sounds horrible. I usually would never support let alone encourage something like this, and I never thought that being a foster parent would involve encouraging teenagers to get married.

My foster daughter is 17, we'll call her Anna. Anna has a chronic, lifelong medical condition that is very, very difficult to get fully covered by medical insurance. Many people with her condition end up rationing their medication and die horrible deaths as a result. This condition doesn't qualify her for Medicaid on its own like HIV does.

She has a "boyfriend". Legally, she's not supposed to, so I have to pretend I don't know, but we do have rules about it. They're childhood best friends, from even before she was in foster care, and the relationship has only recently become more than friends. He's 18, and will be 19 shortly after she turns 18. They're responsible, and they're not unsupervised ever. He's joined a branch of the military (trying to be vague here). He understands the situation, and has offered to marry her.

She's turning 18 soon, and with that, means an end to her having insurance. Marrying her boyfriend would give her tricare, which is arguably the best coverage available. The medical insurance would be a lifesaver for her. Beyond that, the housing allowance would give her (and him) a stable home base to purse educational goals that she wouldn't have access to otherwise. There are scholarships for former foster youth, but they're worthless if she's homeless and dying. With medical care and a stable home, she can have a real future. They have a stable friendship if nothing else, and they both understand struggle.

I hate that this is the case, but the best case scenario for her is to marry this guy at 18. I've encouraged her to do it and laid out the facts and benefits. She can't stay with me for very long past her birthday. I can keep her for a month so she can graduate high school, but long term isn't possible financially, and she needs insurance. My friends think I'm horrible for encouraging a teenager to get married regardless of circumstance and seem to live in a dream world where there has to be another way.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my 17 year old foster daughter that she needs to marry her boyfriend as soon as possible?

I realize that this sounds horrible. I usually would never support let alone encourage something like this, and I never thought that being a foster parent would involve encouraging teenagers to get married.

My foster daughter is 17, we'll call her Anna. Anna has a chronic, lifelong medical condition that is very, very difficult to get fully covered by medical insurance. Many people with her condition end up rationing their medication and die horrible deaths as a result. This condition doesn't qualify her for Medicaid on its own like HIV does.

She has a "boyfriend". Legally, she's not supposed to, so I have to pretend I don't know, but we do have rules about it. They're childhood best friends, from even before she was in foster care, and the relationship has only recently become more than friends. He's 18, and will be 19 shortly after she turns 18. They're responsible, and they're not unsupervised ever. He's joined a branch of the military (trying to be vague here). He understands the situation, and has offered to marry her.

She's turning 18 soon, and with that, means an end to her having insurance. Marrying her boyfriend would give her tricare, which is arguably the best coverage available. The medical insurance would be a lifesaver for her. Beyond that, the housing allowance would give her (and him) a stable home base to purse educational goals that she wouldn't have access to otherwise. There are scholarships for former foster youth, but they're worthless if she's homeless and dying. With medical care and a stable home, she can have a real future. They have a stable friendship if nothing else, and they both understand struggle.

I hate that this is the case, but the best case scenario for her is to marry this guy at 18. I've encouraged her to do it and laid out the facts and benefits. She can't stay with me for very long past her birthday. I can keep her for a month so she can graduate high school, but long term isn't possible financially, and she needs insurance. My friends think I'm horrible for encouraging a teenager to get married regardless of circumstance and seem to live in a dream world where there has to be another way.

:911:

tuberculosis?

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Neito posted:

It was teeth whitening treatments, but it happened to Ross, so it should've been a gunshot to the head.

nah it's the one where he's deciding between Rachel and his asian girlfriend so he writes out a pros/cons list but forgets to actually write any pros and Rachel sees it and freaks out

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

hawowanlawow posted:

:911:

tuberculosis?
Diabetes, probably.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for saying my brother's fiancée is weird due to her comments on my children and not apologizing?

My brother is getting married and decided to come back to our country to do so. We only knew his fiancée (I'll call her Anne) from brief video calls and social media, which didn't happen a lot since we all have our jobs and on my end I have two toddlers to care for.

Now, the toddlers are identical twins. My brother and Anne know about them and I have sent a few pictures but besides that I'm not comfortable with posting them all over the internet. So they would have their first proper interaction with them once they moved here.

I'm used to the way people react to the twins when they first meet them, but usually they end up moving on from it. This did not happen to Anne. The first meeting was pretty standard but everything else after that started to bug me.

All the conversations she started were about the twins. At first I thought maybe, since I wasn't very available to properly meet her, we didn't have a lot of topics to pick from. But after a few trials of hanging out, I realized she was just talking about my kids regardless of where I tried to steer the conversation.

She would send me stuff like, "studies" talking about twins dynamics and how to better take care in order to accommodate them. I say "studies" because most of it was clickbait articles that would treat twins as something "other". Then, she started to comment on the way that I dress them, saying that I should dress them like twins. By that she meant that I should make them use the same clothes which is not something that I care about and I told her as much.

The thing that set me off was that she started pushing me to get them either into modelling or acting because it would be a great opportunity for them. I told her I had no interest in this because I don't feel comfortable exposing them like this at such a young age. She didn't listen to what I said and started sending me contact info for agencies and later offering to take care of things herself.

I decided it would be best to address the situation and this is where I may have messed up things. I told her that her actions were making me uncomfortable and that I was not happy with the way she addressed my kids. She needed to tone down the weirdness. At first she just apologized and said that it was not her intention but later she started posting really specific content about belonging in a family and things like that.

I was determined to ignore it but now, my brother is aware of what was said and is demanding an apology because apparently Anne just wants to get along with our family and I'm pushing her away.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Giant Isopod posted:

I had a brief (2 month) relationship with a woman who would only refer to our genitals by "hoo-ha" and "ding-dong"

We were both in our early 30s.

I didn't need to break up with her, she self-destruct doubt-spiraled herself out of it quick enough and broke up with me, then couldn't understand why I wanted to stay home and play a computer game instead of going out to brunch with her the morning she broke up.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Those of you with Stitcher Premium: this week's episode of Hollywood Handbook Pro Version (111: Sweetie's Advice) once again delves into /r/relationships posts, including some covered in this thread. Starts about 12 minutes in: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/earwolf-premium/hollywood-handbook-pro-version

Fair warning for those who don't like when people call these things out as obviously fake, they do point out and mock several of the hallmarks of not-so-creative writing that pop up regularly.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I (26M) am not sure if I want to keep on dating (25M) after discovering he slept with a woman in the past

Throwaway.

Bob and I have been dating for 6 months. It's a great relationship, one of the best I ever had, if not the best. He is a loyal man, a sweet man, and an intelligent man.

Bob and I have always identified as gay. When I was between my 16-18 I dated women, because I was unsure about my sexuality, once I was certain, I never looked back.

Same goes for Bob, however, he told me that when he was 23, he slept with a woman again. It was not really sex, it was more forplay, but still.

It was with one of his ex-coworkers and it was in a time after a bad break-up, where he hadn't slept with anyone for a year. The woman also knew he was gay.

They never met up again. He told me that he regretted it, because he did it because he felt unloved and unattractive and it showed lack of professionalism from his part and he felt like he betrayed himself and other people who knew he was gay.

I am 100% aware of the fact that this happend before we dated. But I can't get over it. It shows weakness and a lack of certainty about his sexual orientation.

I am thinking of breaking up with him. What do you guys think about this?

Tl;dr: I want to break up with my bf who slept with a woman before, is this reasonable?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rent-A-Cop posted:

So earlier today me [44m] and the platonic lady friend [19.5f] were talking the bonezone express to ladyparts station when...
Thanks, I hate it.

cumshitter posted:

So my partner and I had just come back from enjoying some appies at Chile's when we decided to go to pound town. I'm inside her snickerdoodle, totally vibin' in the bone zone and of course she's totally into me topping her muffin. And whenever we're on the train to the Cumdrop Forest in Randyland she does this thing where she just starts repeating memes. She keeps saying "snoop my boop" or "like and subscribe to my rear end in a top hat."

Anyway, the reason I'm asking Reddit is that my partner and I can't agree on our monthly Reddit Gold budget, and we need help drafting a contract regarding our spending on it.
You bastard.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

HMS Beagle posted:

I (26M) am not sure if I want to keep on dating (25M) after discovering he slept with a woman in the past

Dump him. Only men whose homosexuality has been forged and purified in white hot flame are worth dating. Tell him to come back when he's ready to get serious about being gay.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cumshitter posted:

Dump him. Only men whose homosexuality has been forged and purified in white hot flame are worth dating. Tell him to come back when he's ready to get serious about being gay.

What constitutes "serious"?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

r/relationships: like and subscribe to my rear end in a top hat

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

r/relationships: like and subscribe to my rear end in a top hat

only if you ring my bell to get those juicy updates

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She is on Medicaid now and one of the provisions of the ACA that still works was letting foster children who age out keep that coverage until they are 26. The intent was that Medicaid acts as the equivalent of a parent with insurance. In many states a foster child who ages out can go to a state university for free with some sort of living stipend.

Occasionally something good still happens. :patriot:

An unironic: “Thanks Obama.”

On the other hand with limited support only about 3% of the kids in my state end up using it and I doubt we are exceptional on that stat so we are still in hellworld.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kenshin posted:

I had a brief (2 month) relationship with a woman who would only refer to our genitals by "hoo-ha" and "ding-dong"

We were both in our early 30s.

I didn't need to break up with her, she self-destruct doubt-spiraled herself out of it quick enough and broke up with me, then couldn't understand why I wanted to stay home and play a computer game instead of going out to brunch with her the morning she broke up.

Patton Oswalt had a good bit about the way that using g-rated words to talk about sex makes you sound like a loving serial killer. Whenever I read a reddit post like that, all I can think about is him exclaiming “I’M GONNA FILL YOUR HOO-HA WITH GOOF JUICE!”

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

“I’M GONNA FILL YOUR HOO-HA WITH GOOF JUICE!”

We know Goofy, you gently caress.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

How many assholes are you subscribed to?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

cumshitter posted:

How many assholes are you subscribed to?

Do any of them have joint agreements to consolidate their email newsletters? I am worried about spam.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I always figured Goofy’s wife died in a house fire because Goofy decided to use the oven. Either that or a hunter shot her.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man, it's not easy being even a slightly bi dude. It's hilarious how within the gay community they'll often react to bi dudes with the same panic and disgust as our culture used to reserve for gay folk and see nothing wrong with it. And by hilarious I mean really tragic and bad.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Dating a VERY distant relative, and my mom is mad

quote:

So, I (24F) started dating Carson (25M) around New Years. We met a work (we are both servers at a popular steakhouse chain), and we’ve been friends for a while. Slowly, it became something more, and now we are official.

The problem, as I alluded in the title, is that we are distantly related. Our grandmothers are sisters, which I believe makes us third cousins. My grandma died when I was a toddler, and I’ve only met my great aunt once at a wedding, so it took a while for us to make the connection.

I don’t think it’s a huge deal, but my mom does. Apparently she used to spend summers at “Auntie Kate” (Carson’s grandma) house. The fact that I’m dating her grandson really squicks my mom out. She says that incest is taboo for a reason, and that if we chose to start a family, we’d be exposing the kids to genetic risks. The science shows that third cousins aren’t at risk, so I’m not worried.

Who is right here?

top comment posted:

Your one parent and his one parent are 1st cousins, making you 2 second cousins

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

pentyne posted:

what constitutes "dating" is an equally daunting question

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
We're all brothers and sisters.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Licarn posted:

Hmmm nope

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Licarn posted:

What is the cousin number to be acceptable for dating?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

pentyne posted:

There is no acceptable number if you're posting on Reddit, they should not be dating.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

cumshitter posted:

this post gave me a nosebleed

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Sunswipe posted:

Wait until they start acting up, stand up and loudly say "Sorry, I think there's been a mistake. I came here for a job interview, not to take part in your sexual roleplay."

I’m hoping that this is what they are actually expecting because that is the one of the dumbest loving interviews I’ve ever read about. Of course, they probably think this is a brilliant idea and that reaction will just convince everybody involved, aside from the interviewee, that this is clearly the best way to find the correct candidates.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

this post gave me a nosebleed

Jesus gently caress.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

Legally, I don't think 2nd cousin is actually banned anywhere.

Medically, 2nd cousin should be fine in isolation. Even a 1st cousin is sort of borderline, but it goes downhill fast if there's a whiff of consanguinity between your most recent generations of ancestors.

Socially, large parts of the developed world are likely to be grossed out by it though.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
AITA for not wanting my wife to "invest" our money into MLM

quote:

Today my wife came to me talking about how her co-workers are all telling her about a new business opportunity. I was excited until she started talking about how it is selling weight loss teas and supplements and being an "independent distributor" for a multi level marketing company. She wants us to cut back on well.... everything so she can save up $1000 to invest in it.

I tried showing her the company's own income disclosure statement which says that nearly no-one actually makes any money doing this. She says that those people weren't working hard enough and putting in the effort to run their own business. She says that she is going to be able to be one of the few that puts in enough effort to make lots of money.

I said that there is no way we are spending all of this money, we cannot afford this. We are already living paycheck to paycheck as it is and this will ruin our finances. She is now talking about how she could never be with someone who won't support her business and is crushing her dreams.

She's a textbook example of someone who's swallowed their bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

Plugging "MLM" into Reddit's search box reveals a whole bunch of threads to the tune of "AITA for telling my friend/relative that they've been scammed?".

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Advice on banishing someone from my life

quote:

So, I want to banish the girl my partner cheated with from my life. We've talked out what happened with him but I can't stop thinking about the other woman. I catch myself going through her instagram stories eventhough I've silenced her so nothing pops up on my feed. Intrusive thoughts disrupt my peace when I'm at work and it's driving me crazy.

I don't care if I just stop thinking about her, if she just stops using social media, she disappears from earth or whatever. I just want her out of my life and my relationship. Don't want to hear her name again.

I almost never perform spells other than protection sigils and such so any advice is appreciated.

Edit: Guys, I'm not asking for a relationship advice or moral judgement. If I wanted to keep chewing on something I've figured out already I would go to another subreddit

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to give my fiancée her dream engagement ring that was also initially bought for my ex-girlfriend?

So I proposed to my gf last November. We’ve been dating for 3 years and I got her a ring that we picked out together.

Before I met her, I was briefly engaged to my high school sweetheart but we split on mutual terms that were still very painful for me. The ring I had was sold to me for very cheap by her grandma, an heirloom ruby ring from the 1920s.

After we split she didn’t want the ring back because of memories. I tried to give it back to her grandma but she didn’t want it either and told me to keep it to remember them by, which was really nice. I didn’t really want to keep it either but felt bad about selling such an old item so I gave it to my sister.

Well, my now-fiancée found out about this ring while at my sister’s house a while back. She saw it and FELL IN TOTAL LOVE with this ring. She’s admittedly really picky with jewelry and struggles to find stuff she’s willing to wear long-term. But she tried it on and it was a perfect fit and exactly what she had wanted without knowing it.

We’ve now been fighting because I REALLY don’t want her to wear this ring. My sister says my fiancée can have it if she wants and obviously she really really wants it, more than the one we picked out together. I don’t want to see this ring on her to be honest and would rather her wear anything else. My fiancée is disturbed I still care so much and now accuses me of not being over my ex. I am over her, I just don’t want my fiancée to wear this ring in particular. I feel like this whole situation is bizarre but both my fiancée and my sister are telling me to get over it and let her wear this ring. AITA?

Edit: lots of confusion over the ring ownership. I gave this ring to my sister years ago to keep in her jewelry box (since I don’t have one). I told her she can wear it herself or give it to someone as long as she tells me.

If my fiancée wanted this ring to wear very occasionally, I’d be more okay with it. But she wants to wear it exclusively as an engagement ring, all the time, and she’d want to tell people I gave it to her specifically for our engagement, not as some random gift from my sister. All of this I’m extremely uncomfortable with considering the tough period I was in the last time I saw that ring every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Cockmaster posted:

AITA for not wanting my wife to "invest" our money into MLM

She's a textbook example of someone who's swallowed their bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

Plugging "MLM" into Reddit's search box reveals a whole bunch of threads to the tune of "AITA for telling my friend/relative that they've been scammed?".

What kind of loser's life dream is to do lovely MLM sales anyway, smdh