Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah, at this point person is already hurt. You're just a snitch and denying someone their workers comp. If you gave a poo poo you should have said something before hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

PetraCore posted:

YTA bc the real problem is nobody is using the goddamn pusher when the slicer gets stuck. That's the safety issue. The safety issue even the manager was ignoring by pushing directly. 'Maybe she misjudged how far to stick her hand in the slicer bc she was high' isn't relevant when none of y'all should have been shoving your hands into the slicer and the manager is culpable by way of not enforcing using the pusher.

100% on the safety issue thing but lol @ being the rear end in a top hat for reporting someone who is high at work.

Root cause analysis is all about process failures which is what reaching a hand into the slicer absolutely is, it should never have come to that, but those workers also should never be allowed to come to work high. That was another process failure. Business should pay workman’s comp though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting to be buried with my first husband?

I am 31F, married for 2 years to my husband, 35M. We have a baby son together, and are expecting another child.

When I was 23, I was married to my first husband, who passed away unexpectedly after our wedding. I was also involved in the accident that killed him, which led to the miscarriage of our unborn daughter. Both him and my daughter were buried beside each other, in the cemetery of my first husband's hometown. The headstone contained both their names and life years, as well as my name with a blank space underneath it.

My current husband and I have talked about death and dying before, but never in depth. Yesterday, we attended the funeral of his grandmother. She was buried beside her husband of 70 years. Afterwards, my husband said he had a "morbid question". He asked, in the future, if I ever passed away after him, if I would be buried beside him.

I told him that I'd like to be cremated, so half my ashes can be buried beside his body, and half my ashes can be buried beside by first husband and my daughter. This made my husband very upset. He asked me if I was serious, and when I said I was, he said that I was being insulting to him.

AITA? I feel like my plan is a good compromise and quite reasonable. My husband is usually quite accepting of the fact that I was married before him and is never jealous. This is unusual for him, and I wonder if I offended him in any way.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting to be buried with my first husband?

I am 31F, married for 2 years to my husband, 35M. We have a baby son together, and are expecting another child.

When I was 23, I was married to my first husband, who passed away unexpectedly after our wedding. I was also involved in the accident that killed him, which led to the miscarriage of our unborn daughter. Both him and my daughter were buried beside each other, in the cemetery of my first husband's hometown. The headstone contained both their names and life years, as well as my name with a blank space underneath it.

My current husband and I have talked about death and dying before, but never in depth. Yesterday, we attended the funeral of his grandmother. She was buried beside her husband of 70 years. Afterwards, my husband said he had a "morbid question". He asked, in the future, if I ever passed away after him, if I would be buried beside him.

I told him that I'd like to be cremated, so half my ashes can be buried beside his body, and half my ashes can be buried beside by first husband and my daughter. This made my husband very upset. He asked me if I was serious, and when I said I was, he said that I was being insulting to him.

AITA? I feel like my plan is a good compromise and quite reasonable. My husband is usually quite accepting of the fact that I was married before him and is never jealous. This is unusual for him, and I wonder if I offended him in any way.

NTA. That’s actually pretty sweet :unsmith:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Agreed. I know that food prep and cashiering has a ton of people high at work but there’s so much sharp poo poo around and ways to get mauled and mangled. Spark up when you’re not somewhere where you can gently caress yourself/someone else up.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

100% on the safety issue thing but lol @ being the rear end in a top hat for reporting someone who is high at work.

Root cause analysis is all about process failures which is what reaching a hand into the slicer absolutely is, it should never have come to that, but those workers also should never be allowed to come to work high. That was another process failure. Business should pay workman's comp though.
OP isn't the rear end in a top hat for reporting someone high at work, OP is the rear end in a top hat for not doing that before someone lost a finger.

I don't care if people want to get high or drunk, I do care if they do that right before work, but that's why you address that BEFORE a big issue happens. And none of that should impact workers comp, and it's poo poo for the coworker to have to pay the hospital bills for finger reattachment because she was doing what everyone else at her job was doing.

EDIT: Basically I think we're all in agreement, we just have different parts of this mess we're wtfing at first.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 23, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PetraCore posted:

OP isn't the rear end in a top hat for reporting someone high at work, OP is the rear end in a top hat for not doing that before someone lost a finger.

I don't care if people want to get high or drunk, I do care if they do that right before work, but that's why you address that BEFORE a big issue happens. And none of that should impact workers comp, and it's poo poo for the coworker to have to pay the hospital bills for finger reattachment because she was doing what everyone else at her job was doing.

I don’t disagree at all, there were a shitload of failures there. The job should have had a policy of “use the pusher or you’re fired” from the start.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Like my most cynical answer is that manager wants to use the weed as an excuse so she doesn't have to admit she was also not using the pusher and had taken no steps to get others to use the pusher.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The half-ash burial is actually really cute and fair. Her new husband is a oval office.

I keep thinking about that fucker who crippled his wife and wants to leave her. I wish we could find that fucker. I would Ramsay Snow the gently caress out of his skin. This is the kind of poo poo revenge movies are based on.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

still chuckle about "both of her marriages ended in twisted metal"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I actually plan to be buried directly on top of my ex-wife's grave and to have my mausoleum built around her tombstone, or whatever she decides upon. If she is cremated and her ashes are spread I will build a Confederate statue on the site so that people think she was racist. I just want to spite her for making our son straight and ruining my legacy.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I don't tip my tattoo artist?

So, 15 years ago, I got a tattoo. A simple shape (think something like a leaf), 1.5 inches in diameter, black outline, filled w/a solid color. The original "artist" took it upon himself to add white "highlights" that were, I think, meant to make it look 3-D. It just looked like the color was missing in spots. I couldn't see the area during the process. It cost $70. The place shut down soon after. I figured it was my fault for not doing research, and considered it a learning experience.

I recently decided to get it "fixed." Found a place with good reviews. Called, said I was hoping they could touch it up AND do something to make it look nicer. Asked to talk to the tattoo artist in person about possibilities.

When we met he said "so, what are we outlining?" I repeated what I said over the phone. Was about to mention adding to it when he interrupted with "uh huh, gimme a few minutes." I was put off, as there still wasn't a game plan. But he had good reviews and I already paid the deposit so, while waiting, I googled ideas. Settled on shading that would start black at the outline, and fade as it moved into the center of the shape. I hoped, since it was black over white and meant to look faded anyways, that it would blend well.

He came back, I showed him the example. He said no problem, and yes, it would blend in very well.

He communicated step by step. "Just finished going over the outline, now I'm doing the shading," etc. It took 30 minutes. Nothing he said made me question what he was doing so I was horrified when I saw that he'd added solid black lines in the middle of the shape, with no shading from the outline into the center. It's a terrible look for this particular shape.

There's a $100 minimum which is the same as the deposit so the artist said "let's just call it $100." However, I've been told that you should tip good tattoo artists. It DOES cover up the white, it's just not what I asked for. There's no way to "fix it" now without making it all black or getting an entirely new piece over it. I didn't want to make a scene so I just said it looked good.

Here's where the potential assholery comes in.

I'd given the receptionist my card# over the phone for the deposit. I went to the front to ask if I could add a tip when she ran my card. She said they were cash only, which I didn't expect, since they had to run my card anyways for the $100. She also didn't mention this when I made the appointment, so I had no way of knowing. I just wanted to get out of there, so I asked if I could bring cash later, she said yes.

I'm now the common denominator in two very negative experiences, and feel like this indicates that I'm the one who's not communicating what I want very well. However, I'm not sure how I could've described it better, or what I could've done differently, and I'm very unhappy with the new tattoo, more than the original.

Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I just didn't go back with a tip?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

D34THROW posted:

Maybe it's just me, but NTA. It's a safety issue, even more so in my line of work. I have a very solid opinion about getting stoned at work - one of our installers always, always comes back to the office smelling of weed, and his truck smells like weed. I'll turn a blind eye to that poo poo, but if he gets hurt any one of us will throw him under the bus. It's your own stupid loving fault if you're getting high around potentially dangerous equipment.

Found the loving narc.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

the manager was literally bitching about having to clean the co-worker's blood out of the machine and the OP still didn't stop to think that maybe management won't have their best interests at heart if they were to be injured.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Knobb Manwich posted:

the manager was literally bitching about having to clean the co-worker's blood out of the machine and the OP still didn't stop to think that maybe management won't have their best interests at heart if they were to be injured.

when someone is literally cleaning someone else's blood off of equipment that may actually be the right time to tell them about the cause

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

QuarkJets posted:

when someone is literally cleaning someone else's blood off of equipment that may actually be the right time to tell them about the cause

Yeah, which was the co-worker not using the pusher, like the manager themselves doesn't use the pusher.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

QuarkJets posted:

Yes, and the cause was a company not caring about using safety equipment correctly.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Inceltown posted:

Yes, and the cause was a company not caring about using safety equipment correctly.

Correct. Both the manager and the lady who got hurt should have been dismissed way before the accident could happen.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
the whole idea of a pusher is a bad idea

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

HIJK posted:

the whole idea of a pusher is a bad idea

I have stairs so it's not a concern.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Power Khan posted:

Whenever there's a story with religious insanity: this is very normal in the US

You were the guy who claimed the cum on the face thing was normal lol.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grape posted:

Power Khan? More like Power Cum

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for deleting my friend from social media after he changed his RSVP three days before my wedding?

I have known my friend James for 15 years. In our early 20s, we spent every weekend together. I considered him one of my best friends and there were many times I called him for support, which he always gave me unconditionally. In our mid 20s, James moved to a different country where he met his current partner and stayed for several years. The other country was a 14 hour flight away from our home country. We stayed in touch occasionally and I always made an effort to see him in person when he flew home for visits. Whenever we caught up our friendship felt just as strong and unshakeable as it was when we first knew each other, like no time had passed at all.

I got married about 10 months ago. Save the dates went out over a year before the wedding and invitations went out 6 months before the wedding. James and his partner were invited from the outset even though they still lived overseas. I was overjoyed when James moved home about 6 months before my wedding. I caught up with him several times after he came home.

I had my hen's party a couple of weeks before my wedding. It was a small group attending. James RSVPd yes and then called me the day before my hen's to apologise that he couldn't make it due to work. I was really sad that he couldn't be there but very understanding and told him not to worry, the wedding was the important event anyway.

A few days before my wedding, he rang my phone but I was too busy with last minute wedding prep to answer. He emailed me to say he couldn't come to the wedding because of a work commitment. I was devastated. He and his partner had RSVPd yes, the catering and bar was already paid for, their names were engraved on a custom-made seating plan and they had accommodation booked with other friends. I wrote back to him saying that I would have moved heaven and earth to be at his wedding, and wasn't sure how I could ever forgive him. He didn't reply.

The wedding day came and went. We had an amazing day, and although I was very sad about his absence I tried not to dwell on it. I didn't hear from James at all - no text, no phone call, no card, no message relayed through our friends. When I returned from my honeymoon, I was so angry that he hadn't contacted me that I deleted him from social media. I heard nothing from him for months. About four months after the wedding, I got drunk one night and texted him saying I needed him to know how much he had hurt me. He texted back once saying I had hurt him by removing him from social media. I sent a follow up text but he never responded.

I discovered via other friends' social media posts that he got married to his partner yesterday. I was not invited. I didn't even know they'd set a date. I have been so depressed since I found out.

AITA for deleting my friend from social media after he told me three days before my wedding that he couldn't make it anymore due to work?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
NTA but you gotta learn that cutting people off means sometimes they don't come back.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Grape posted:

In Europe they put cum everywhere, a girlfriend's face, slathered on the walls, or even as a topping on pizza (arguably better than ranch)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hate a motherfucker that all about "cutting off toxic people" but always reaches back out to them anyway to stir up trouble.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I don't tip my tattoo artist?

A) Stop being a pushover
B) Stop getting $100 tattoos

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

FilthyImp posted:

NTA but you gotta learn that cutting people off means sometimes they don't come back.

i think a lot of people don't realize how fast that can escalate. she did the social media removal lashing out, assuming their relationship could weather it, expecting they'd circle around to talk about it, and he decided he was done with it and didn't take the bait. i'm guessing there was more going on here, like this being a pattern of how she communicates that he is loving done with.

a lot of people really do think if they threaten to cut things off, the other person will chase them. she was all 'chase me, chase me', didn't get chased and was pissed off.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I hate a motherfucker that all about "cutting off toxic people" but always reaches back out to them anyway to stir up trouble.

I actually don't see how this guy was being toxic. It actually sounds more like James grew apart from his old friend and didn't really feel the same about them. Especially paired with the drama seeking, i feel there's a lot left out of this story, about the OP being a bit clingy.

EDIT: Just thinking about it RSVPing and cancelling close to the date was a dickhead move, so clearly an rear end in a top hat for that.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 24, 2020

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
There's no detailed timeline, but it looks like in under a half year he blew off her wedding, set a date for his own, and had his wedding. I think she would have been ghosted even if she hadn't unfriended him on Facebook. Here was already withdrawing by the time her wedding came up.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for calling FIL an rear end in a top hat?

So yesterday my (M28) wife (F27) fainted at work and was taken to hospital. She was later discharged and her dad helped her home.

I only found out once I came home from work, when her dad was screaming at me for "not taking good care of his daughter" and "not even bothering to show up when she needed me".

At this point I should explain that my wife has been working at the same company since before we got married, she has not updated her emergency contact details since she started working there.

Her emergency contacts, her mum and dad, were both informed and neither of them decided to call me and let me know, rather they just assumed I knew and didn't care enough about my wife.

Not only that but when my wife woke up in hospital asking her dad where I was, he straight up lied and told her that I couldn't be bothered to show up.

I absolutely went ballistic on my father in law, he's never really been fond of me and up and till this point I've just let it be, but this was the final straw. I mean he let my wife, who was struggling, think that I just didn't even care about her.

My wife hears her dad and I absolutely going for it. She comes downstairs to try and calm the situation and ends up breaking down. I tell her dad to go away whilst I try to comfort my wife.

I know this stressed her out more and she didn't need it but it was also the final straw for me. I spent the rest of the night comforting her and she seemed fine later on apart from being worried about how her dad hates me even more now.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

My(23F) bf(33M) spends the entire night playing his organ in the basement and I’m worried about his health

quote:

We’ve been together for a year...My bf is a brooding and artistic guy who loves music, but I think he takes it too far. When I go to bed he says he’ll be there soon and then 2 seconds later he’ll be in the basement playing the organ. It’s gotten so bad that the neighbors have complained and police have shown up (but there isn’t a law against playing an organ at 3am). When I wake up the next morning he’ll crawl into bed and sleep the entire day. Once I tried to explain to him that what hes doing was unhealthy but all he did was look shocked and say “how dare you?”. He then proceeded to run downstairs and play even louder.

Any advice on how to stop this? Its been causing the dogs outside to bark like crazy and it’s really annoying.

TLDR-My bfs organ playing is ruining our relationship.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's a euphemism right?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

chemtrail huffer posted:

My(23F) bf(33M) spends the entire night playing his organ in the basement and I’m worried about his health

as long as he's staying hydrated, it's probably fine

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Help, boyfriend has taken to wearing a cape and composing an elaborate opera in his free hours. Worried about the effect on our relationship.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That's a euphemism right?

gently caress you beat me to it!

I need to know more about this though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For kicking my son out of the house for not accepting my daughter being LGBTQ?

My son is 25 and my daughter is sixteen first of all. My son has had no effort to get a job yet and doesn’t chat with us most the time. My wife and I haven’t tried to enforce anything yet because we still believed he’d turn sound.

This all changed when on Friday my sixteen year old daughter came out as a lesbian which me and my wife were really happy about this because when she confessed she just seemed so much happier then she was before.

However my son got angry and said that he would not accept a daughter that’s one of those d—es and that he feels like people only say there gay because they want attention. Then he ran into his room and slammed the door.

My daughter got really upset by this and said she didn’t understand how he could be this way.

Between that and the fact that he’s 25 years old and trashed our house several times with his “friends” I waited a few weeks for this to all calm down and when he still hasn’t apologized told him.

That he has two weeks to get out or I’m going to kick him out. What happened next was my son got really infuriated and said that I had no right to kick out my son like that and he was sure that his mom would not be happy.

As it turns out my daughter straight up said she didn’t care my wife called me an rear end in a top hat for not talking to my son about why he doesn’t accept her before kicking him out of the house and that she feels like I should’ve talked this out with her first.

I was only trying to make my daughter happy but I feel like this could’ve ruined my relationship with my son to be fair I did ask my daughter if I could do this but maybe o could’ve talked this out better with my son and wife.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

chemtrail huffer posted:

Unfortunately Love Never Dies so she's stuck with him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

Unfortunately Love Never Dies so she's stuck with him.

I curse you deeply and profoundly for reminding me of that musical

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

As it turns out my daughter straight up said she didn’t care my wife called me an rear end in a top hat for not talking to my son about why he doesn’t accept her before kicking him out of the house and that she feels like I should’ve talked this out with her first.

I was only trying to make my daughter happy but I feel like this could’ve ruined my relationship with my son to be fair I did ask my daughter if I could do this but maybe o could’ve talked this out better with my son and wife.
JFC, is this English? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For kicking my son out of the house for not accepting my daughter being LGBTQ?

Between that and the fact that he’s 25 years old and trashed our house several times with his “friends” I waited a few weeks for this to all calm down and when he still hasn’t apologized told him.

That he has two weeks to get out or I’m going to kick him out. What happened next was my son got really infuriated and said that I had no right to kick out my son like that and he was sure that his mom would not be happy.

this motherfucker split one sentence into two paragraphs and then gave up punctuation entirely in the last paragraph