Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

Okay that’s my fault for not tracing Toal’s role back to his day action. My bad.

But yes, I submitted my day action (acted on myself) and got nothing from Yami. I submitted a night action then, thinking I pretty much have to keep trying until I can figure this out and I got a result of a single letter. So.

Yeah.

Did some of you really get straightforward responses on your night action?

Also this post, which I should have just quoted to begin with, says he took a night action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

y'know what would be funny, is if ypm and bif are scum together, and one of them did the nightkill while using their shared rolecop claims to mask it

Do you think we are scum?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

Another thing that would be good for people to report, if they don't want to out the role but do trust the person they rolecopped... is to advise if your target should be using their action on towny people or scummy people.

Oh, that's a good one.

Bif, you should use yours on towny people, additionally, you'll need more words than just "action someone". I think I can let you figure that one out.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Personal Muse posted:

Bolded section suggests he took a night action and assumed it didn’t work

oh, now that im reading his actual post, that was clearly just an attempted action that was ignored by yami

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Also this post, which I should have just quoted to begin with, says he took a night action

oh wait this post is weird. particularly the claim that he didnt receive a result for his day action, which is just.... literally impossible as far as im concerned

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still leaning towards sandwolf is just majorly confused

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Okay, so, uh, full disclosure first off when catching up after the day ended, I missed the post about their being a plan for rolecop stuff so I didn't cop ETR last night. That's entirely my bad.

I did cop Bif though. This was mostly just for my own peace of mind, to be honest. Part of it is just like really confusing, and I'm not sure how it's supposed to work at all. If I'm understanding it correctly, then...

Bifauxnen posted:

Another thing that would be good for people to report, if they don't want to out the role but do trust the person they rolecopped... is to advise if your target should be using their action on towny people or scummy people.

Right now, I'd absolutely recommend sticking to using it exclusively on Towny people. A bit more than just a target is recommended, but it's not necessary. I'm guessing that's so you can work out what it does.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
AA, target scummy people. Or townie people. You're a rockin' role!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

Okay that’s my fault for not tracing Toal’s role back to his day action. My bad.

But yes, I submitted my day action (acted on myself) and got nothing from Yami. I submitted a night action then, thinking I pretty much have to keep trying until I can figure this out and I got a result of a single letter. So.

Yeah.

Did some of you really get straightforward responses on your night action?
Steak, that is not what Sand said. Yami responded. Why are you rushing to Sand’s defense and throwing shade at me and Bif

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steak, that is not what Sand said. Yami responded. Why are you rushing to Sand’s defense and throwing shade at me and Bif

im not rly throwing shade at y'all, just tossing out a possibility.

for someone who was so adamant yesterday about words not constituting "pressure", this is a really funny reaction ngl

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sigh, I wish I could post my chatlogs with Yami where I’m literally tryin to figure out what I even needed to..provide him with? In order to take certain actions?

I “used” (never received confirmation) my day action yesterday on myself. Yami NEVER got back to me if this did anything or not. When the day ended, I spent a while trying to figure out what kinda actions I could take, because I didn’t even understand..like..what I should be inferring from no response to my day action.

So I said to Yami “target YPM???” because I didn’t even know if I could be targeting, if I should be targeting, if I have a role, if that role is passive. I got back “g,” so I’m sorry I’m not appearing more helpful but I don’t get what’s going on with roles. Straight up.

Bif I wasn’t sucking up to you as town and I don’t know where or what you’re getting that from considering I made 2-3 posts stating I was getting town vibes from you. I don’t understand what’s so scummy about making a town call?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, im giving sandwolf the benefit of the doubt. i dont rly think i need more of a reason to not just pile onto his vote...?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Sandwolf posted:

sigh, I wish I could post my chatlogs with Yami where I’m literally tryin to figure out what I even needed to..provide him with? In order to take certain actions?

I “used” (never received confirmation) my day action yesterday on myself. Yami NEVER got back to me if this did anything or not. When the day ended, I spent a while trying to figure out what kinda actions I could take, because I didn’t even understand..like..what I should be inferring from no response to my day action.

So I said to Yami “target YPM???” because I didn’t even know if I could be targeting, if I should be targeting, if I have a role, if that role is passive. I got back “g,” so I’m sorry I’m not appearing more helpful but I don’t get what’s going on with roles. Straight up.

Bif I wasn’t sucking up to you as town and I don’t know where or what you’re getting that from considering I made 2-3 posts stating I was getting town vibes from you. I don’t understand what’s so scummy about making a town call?

I believe all of this and will not vote sandwolf.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

im not rly throwing shade at y'all, just tossing out a possibility.

for someone who was so adamant yesterday about words not constituting "pressure", this is a really funny reaction ngl

I don’t really know what the pressure snipe is supposed to be.

Mr. Steak posted:

also, im giving sandwolf the benefit of the doubt. i dont rly think i need more of a reason to not just pile onto his vote...?

Sure, of course. There’s a difference, though, between not piling on the votes and trying to give Sand an out before he even responds to the case.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alright, so the possibility of sandwolf being jailed doesnt exist anymore.

also, its a little weird that sandwolf initially said explicitly that he "rolecopped" ypm

but again; he's probably just confused and should **probably reread the OP**

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk what to make of sandy literally getting no response to his day action.

sandwolf, did yami send nothing at all in your confessional between your wincon and the post of "g"?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

sandwolf, did yami send nothing at all in your confessional between your wincon and the post of "g"?

specifically a one word response that may be a color

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

sigh I’ve gone back and reread all our chatlogs (there are a lot of Yami trying to explain without revealing what’s going on, recommended after game ends) and I did receive “red,” which I’m now supposed to understand means ..no day action? So I’m confused again, but I guess there’s confirmation I had no day action.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Man I know that seems scummy but I fuckin’ forgot one word “red” was my result

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

loving hell I maybe get it, the codeword codex is in everyone’s role PM?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sandwolf posted:

Man I know that seems scummy but I fuckin’ forgot one word “red” was my result

One part I’m confused about and I apologize if you responded: did you submit both a rolecop and a regular action to yami? Or did you just try one thing?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

One part I’m confused about and I apologize if you responded: did you submit both a rolecop and a regular action to yami? Or did you just try one thing?

I submitted both, not knowing which would work or which was active or relevant. I hadn’t pieced together I had no day action yet, so I figured if I did have a day action, the rolecop would work, and vice versa.

I told him to:
Target YPM,
rolecop YPM

I got back: “g”

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

He didn't say anything to you at all? Didn't even just stall you by saying "Soon."? :v:

You appear to have no night action though if that "g" result is the truth.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I submitted both, not knowing which would work or which was active or relevant. I hadn’t pieced together I had no day action yet, so I figured if I did have a day action, the rolecop would work, and vice versa.

I told him to:
Target YPM,
rolecop YPM

I got back: “g”

Rolecopping is something everyone is guaranteed to have, it would give you either success or failure, not "g".

But "Target YPM" isn't correct syntax. You'd have to "action" YPM to get a result of "invalid, you have no night action".

It does sound like you could be trying to fudge things all right

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

He didn't say anything to you at all? Didn't even just stall you by saying "Soon."? :v:

You appear to have no night action though if that "g" result is the truth.

from amni's PM i suppose?

sandy must be entirely passive then

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So I have no night action and no day action? great, still confused

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami corrected me Bif that I should have said action not target, but how you knew that was correct syntax in advance I’m still confused by

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Rolecopping is something everyone is guaranteed to have, it would give you either success or failure, not "g".

But "Target YPM" isn't correct syntax. You'd have to "action" YPM to get a result of "invalid, you have no night action".

It does sound like you could be trying to fudge things all right

And regardless of what this says, ALL I got back from Yami regarding N1 was “g”

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Yami corrected me Bif that I should have said action not target, but how you knew that was correct syntax in advance I’m still confused by

read. the. OP.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

read. the. OP.

It’s a LITTLE LATE FOR THAT STEAK

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

OMFG :supaburn:

ok yup my vote is staying here for the foreseeable future, last time I faced off against a Scumwolf he was pulling just as much unbelievable "no way could you be messing up this bad" poo poo hahahaha

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

OMFG :supaburn:

ok yup my vote is staying here for the foreseeable future, last time I faced off against a Scumwolf he was pulling just as much unbelievable "no way could you be messing up this bad" poo poo hahahaha

...excuse me?? I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that this game was so straightforward to everyone else, legitimately. It’s confusing as gently caress to me when I give a night action and get back “g,” have to cross reference that with the NK’s PM, and then do a bunch of normal mafia thinking, simply to conclude that..I have a passive role? Despite being told to “action someone” at night??

Is NO ONE else confused)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
FWIW I also submitted my night action using “target”

I thought “action” pertained to the rolecop and “target” was for my actual role. The op doesn’t actually say to use “##rolecop” so that’s why I was confused

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The OP doesn't say the exact syntax to use rolecop , but it does say the correct syntax to use actions, in bold, and this was also reinforced by nearly everyone using that correct syntax all day yesterday ffs.

Sandwolf posted:

...excuse me?? I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that this game was so straightforward to everyone else, legitimately. It’s confusing as gently caress to me when I give a night action and get back “g,” have to cross reference that with the NK’s PM, and then do a bunch of normal mafia thinking, simply to conclude that..I have a passive role? Despite being told to “action someone” at night??

Is NO ONE else confused)

Not reading the OP is believable. but going "What HOW COULD YOU KNOW THAT????" at me is kinda not, lol.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

The OP doesn't say the exact syntax to use rolecop , but it does say the correct syntax to use actions, in bold, and this was also reinforced by nearly everyone using that correct syntax all day yesterday ffs.

Including Sandwolf, btw!

In fact, Sandwolf was an early adopter, using the correct syntax as only the third person to act in the whole game. almost as if he had been paying enough attention somehow to gather that much basic functionality.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Not reading the OP is believable. but going "What HOW COULD YOU KNOW THAT????" at me is kinda not, lol.

Sigh, okay, that’s fair. There’s no way for me to prove my confusion, so I get it. But it kinda feels like.. why does me loving up syntax make me scum?

The whole “Sandwolf feigning confusion” is probably a valid argument, if you feel that way, but I don’t think messing up the syntax of night actions makes me scummy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Sigh, okay, that’s fair. There’s no way for me to prove my confusion, so I get it. But it kinda feels like.. why does me loving up syntax make me scum?

The whole “Sandwolf feigning confusion” is probably a valid argument, if you feel that way, but I don’t think messing up the syntax of night actions makes me scummy.

Exactly, it's about feigning confusion cause you apparently do know the syntax, ASAP from day open even:

But trying to convince you is a bit rude heh

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Including Sandwolf, btw!

In fact, Sandwolf was an early adopter, using the correct syntax as only the third person to act in the whole game. almost as if he had been paying enough attention somehow to gather that much basic functionality.

Yeah, absolutely, everyone using the same syntax in thread was a good indicator of what I should be saying. But I’m not on a team with people I can coordinate night actions with, I forgot the syntax at the beginning of the day, I made a mistake on it. Idk Yami figured it out? Isn’t that good enough?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eh let's just wait and see if anything scummier happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

I received a “404” message. I’m guessing I was role blocked

As its own thing, or in addition to either g or soon?

I got "soon" and then an extra word back to tell me what my results are, but I don't know what it means.