Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Straight White Shark posted:

He probably should have spent some of that $10m on a better estate attorney. If you want to disinherit a kid you really need to say so, leaving them out gives them an avenue to contest the will.
I assume OP is simplifying things somewhat. Your reading of things makes sense. I can't imagine he's smart enough to make $10million in IT and not get a lawyer to draft him a will leaving out his bad kids since he wrote a will in the first place. I took "didn't mention" to mean they were not included with whatever concomitant hoop-jumping that implies. I generally find it's a safe bet on reddit to assume op is American if there isn't a coy annoying bit about them being from a conspicuously unnamed country. Unlike Sweden, for example, there is no legal obligation to leave any specific members of your family money, so I doubt they'll get anything if they file a frivolous suit, and getting into a money fight with a widow with $10million on her side is a pretty big lol

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's amazing that In-N-Out has managed to stay open this long, since they poison all their milkshakes.

It's a person who wants to share messages she finds meaningful during a rough time. I'm continually amazed at how goons will hyperventilate over the simplest poo poo.

(Ok if the quotes are all from Revelation, skip it... same if it's that verse that goes “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”)
You shouldn't drink their milkshakes because they donate money to Trump, but whatever gets you eating healthier, I guess.

It's not an overreaction. Context is important. It's kind of the whole principle behind why stalking and associated behaviors are bad. If I find a note saying "see you soon!" in my lunch from my fiancee, I take that as a positive and move on with my day. If I get it in my uber delivery, I'm not sleeping that night, especially if, like the OP, I am a woman. If I'm the kind of person who likes bible verses and get one from my pastor at bible study, I reflect on it. If I receive one from my uber eats driver, I'm very uneasy.

If I see any quotes about "eating my body," there's definitely cum in that food, so I'm taking it to Cumshitter's business hole and donating it to him while he tells me how to reorganize my investment portfolio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA For Requesting a Refund After An Employee Wrote Bible Verses All Over My Takeout?

Okay this is weird. My husband and I ordered door dash tonight and we requested from a small restaurant in town. The thing is, EVERY takeout item they wrote some sort of Bible verse. Upon looking on their website they don't appear to be overly religious. I just think it's really messed up to push your religion on someone like that and I wish I would've ordered elsewhere. What do you guys think? Was this over the top and I'm justified in requesting a refund?

Edit: since a lot of people have asked. No I have not eaten the food. I would never eat food and then request a refund that is an automatic AH in my book.

This is one of those situations where you just have to take your business elsewhere.

The other issue is that you think seeing words written down on a food bag makes you think someone is pushing their religion on you. Has this person ever eaten at an Indian restaurant?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Licarn posted:

I (M22) have been dating the love of my life for over 6 years (F22) but i have a problem

i like the duality of "this person is my soul mate" and "i am constantly thinking of loving other people"

i wouldn't say that it's ok to break up a good relationship over horniness but if you struggle to contain your horniness during the extremely horny young adult years then it's better to just end it before you hurt someone

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

Has this person ever eaten at an Indian restaurant?

I have never, ever gotten any kind of message, religious or otherwise, written on my Indian takeout. The hell kind of places are you eating at?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Invisible Clergy posted:

I can't imagine he's smart enough to make $10million in IT and not get a lawyer to draft him a will leaving out his bad kids since he wrote a will in the first place.

It's extremely easy to imagine that.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have never, ever gotten any kind of message, religious or otherwise, written on my Indian takeout. The hell kind of places are you eating at?

The Om symbol is pretty commonly used by Indian restaurants.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I stopped at a charming little seaside restaurant in Hastings and, long story short, I am now a follower of Thelema.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

AceClown posted:

Do weddings in the US not usually split up couples and groups during the wedding meal? Here in the UK that's been the case at every wedding I've ever been to, I can't think of a single time I've been to a wedding where I've been seated with my partner or my family.
Definitely not. For the very good reason that in many (most?) cases, one half of the couple is close friends with people at the wedding while the other half isn't. Hell, if your +1 is someone you've only recently started dating, it's possible that your +1 doesn't even know anybody at all.

A few people are naturally outgoing and gregarious to the point that they'll strike up conversations with anybody at the table even if they don't know them. But most people aren't that outgoing and would find it super awkward to end up at a table where you don't know anybody...especially if the rest of the people at the table *do* already know each other so you're just a random outsider.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

This is one of those situations where you just have to take your business elsewhere.
Agreed

quote:

The other issue is that you think seeing words written down on a food bag makes you think someone is pushing their religion on you.
...you lost me. They are very clearly pushing their religion on you. It's hard to think of a better example.

quote:

Has this person ever eaten at an Indian restaurant?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What the hell are you talking about? What religion exactly is being advertised at the Indian restaurants you go to? I am Indian and that is Not a Thing.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I stopped at a charming little seaside restaurant in Hastings and, long story short, I am now a follower of Thelema.

Picking up some delicious kebabs and the good news about Ahura Mazda

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Eat the food, call the place and tell them that the writing makes you uncomfortable and that if they're that concerned about your spiritual wellbeing a prayer would suffice. If you don't like their response then write a fair review and don't order from there again.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Pham Nuwen posted:

If roni ever leaves us, I would love to go to a Zoroastrian restaurant. I bet it's good as hell

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
AITA for telling my sister to go back to hogwarts?

quote:

I live in a pretty big and religiously diverse family. I have 7 siblings, and a bunch of cousins. We live on a family homestead with our extended family.

We're pretty diverse religiously like I said. My dad is ex catholic, my mom is Lutheran, almost all of my siblings were raised Lutheran but are now agnostic/atheists. The extended family here is a mix of Baptist and atheist/agnostic. One of my cousins is a Buddhist. My oldest sister is into wicca/pagan magic stuff, and calls herself a witch. She's also not 100% there socially (probs has aspergers?) but most of us don't really care.

Whenever she gets mad at people she threatens to curse/hex them, lectures us about (magic) karma, etc. We normally just let her talk or tell her to go ahead. Recently she threatened to hex myself and my oldest brother. I told her if she wants to go play witch she can go back to Hogwarts and shut the gently caress up.

I offended her, which in turn made my mom upset, which in turn has my youngest brothers angry at me, which in turn has my cousins angry at me. Usually if someone gets angry it just goes into a fight (we all have martial arts backgrounds, we all fight - sibling fights but just with more technique) but she just decided to get offended and pout.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Licarn posted:

witches continue to be hilarious, but the best part about this post is imagining this extended family getting into a big kung fu showdown because Uncle Buck ate the last dinner roll.

or they're all into judo and it's just nonstop people getting flipped into buffet tables.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

krav maga wizardry

kru
Oct 5, 2003

harry potter elbowing someone in the eye socket, caving in their skull

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Avada Kedavra bitch!!!!

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Invisible Clergy posted:

If roni ever leaves us, I would love to go to a Zoroastrian restaurant. I bet it's good as hell

Offtopic, but oh my (non-pushy) gods, yes, you absolutely must. Parsi food is to die for. I'm locked down tight in the US of A but among the many home things I'm sick for is my favorite if rather bougie-fied Parsi restaurant chain. Feast your eyes: https://www.sodabottleopenerwala.in

(Sodabottleopenerwala and similar family names do exist in the Indian Parsi community, it's wonderfully quaint)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Licarn posted:

Everything about this story is amazing(ly dumb and funny) and I want it to be true

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

kru posted:

harry potter elbowing someone in the eye socket, caving in their skull

Steven Seagal breaking the sorting hat's neck because he thought it was talking poo poo about him.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pirate Radar posted:

It's extremely easy to imagine that.

Especially because it sounds like he didn't necessarily hate them. I've known of cases where a parent wanted to leave one of the kids with nothing but didn't want to actually call them out in the will because it seemed mean. (:shrug:)

It is something that varies with jurisdiction, so if they were just left out it could be anywhere from a minor hassle to a quick couple million down the toilet.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

AceClown posted:

Do weddings in the US not usually split up couples and groups during the wedding meal? Here in the UK that's been the case at every wedding I've ever been to, I can't think of a single time I've been to a wedding where I've been seated with my partner or my family.

Nth-ing the fact that this isn't the norm as I understand it. Out of interest, is it a particular culture in the UK that seats like this?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Chris Pistols posted:

Nth-ing the fact that this isn't the norm as I understand it. Out of interest, is it a particular culture in the UK that seats like this?

prolly Guernsey or something, to prevent even more incest from happening

or to encourage it, idk

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Straight White Shark posted:

Especially because it sounds like he didn't necessarily hate them. I've known of cases where a parent wanted to leave one of the kids with nothing but didn't want to actually call them out in the will because it seemed mean. (:shrug:)

It is something that varies with jurisdiction, so if they were just left out it could be anywhere from a minor hassle to a quick couple million down the toilet.

I covered some estate law in my previous class and my understanding is that it's very likely the deceased father updated his will long after the divorce. So the date of the will is a mark for them, since a child born after a will was last updated has a stronger claim to being mistakenly left out.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

artsy fartsy posted:

That's interesting, is it a holdover from the old ettiquette rule of splitting up couples at dinner parties (so they're forced to mingle with the other guests)?

My brother-in-law's ex-girlfriend would always pretend to joke about trying to have the four of us (him, her, me, and my husband) sit "Regency style" every time we would go out to eat. Regency style is, according to her (I don't actually know), when you split up people who are married or are related for seating arrangements, which was difficult with the four of us because I was married to my husband and related by marriage to my brother-in-law. I say she pretended to joke about it because she would be clearly visibly distraught that we couldn't sit Regency style. She would suggest it every time, and every time it would obviously be impossible because we would be seated at a booth or a four-top, and there was no way to get around that, and she would be obviously bothered by it. This, among many other things, is why I'm glad she is an ex.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pham Nuwen posted:

Angra Maincourse

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Skutter posted:

My brother-in-law's ex-girlfriend would always pretend to joke about trying to have the four of us (him, her, me, and my husband) sit "Regency style" every time we would go out to eat. Regency style is, according to her (I don't actually know), when you split up people who are married or are related for seating arrangements, which was difficult with the four of us because I was married to my husband and related by marriage to my brother-in-law. I say she pretended to joke about it because she would be clearly visibly distraught that we couldn't sit Regency style. She would suggest it every time, and every time it would obviously be impossible because we would be seated at a booth or a four-top, and there was no way to get around that, and she would be obviously bothered by it. This, among many other things, is why I'm glad she is an ex.

what table would ever work for this? all seated on one side of a long table, Last Supper style?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Yeah I think the bigger problem is that indulging fantasies of 18th/19th century upper-class dinner parties requires more than just four people at the table.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Skutter posted:

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

what table would ever work for this? all seated on one side of a long table, Last Supper style?
I'm guessing that for a normal square/rectangular four-top, your spouse sits on the other side of the table and diagonal to you (rather than the normal "me and my spouse on one side of the table, you and your spouse on the other side of the table").

Still don't understand the point with just 4 people at a restaurant table that's like 3 feet wide, but idk.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MagusofStars posted:

I'm guessing that for a normal square/rectangular four-top, your spouse sits on the other side of the table and diagonal to you (rather than the normal "me and my spouse on one side of the table, you and your spouse on the other side of the table").

Still don't understand the point with just 4 people at a restaurant table that's like 3 feet wide, but idk.

we're probably never going to see restaurants like that again for a decade at least anyway lmao much less dinner parties

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap
"Wrote scripture verses on the takeout bags" is 100% pushing religion on people. Is it a bored and religious employee trying to find a way to cope in the current crisis? Yes, probably. Still pushing their religion, though, and still unnerving due to context.

Like, context is everything here. If it were an opt-in thing and OP just objected to the specific verses chosen, or if it were made by a family member who is of the same religion, then that would be fine. (A little weird, but fine.) Some rando shoving scripture at you with your food? Not fine!

I'd check the food for signs of tampering, then complain to the restaurant about the writing if the food looked okay. As long as the food looked like it wasn't messed with and none of the verses related to eating, I'd probably eat the food? But I would not be ordering from there again during this.

Re: seating couples together at weddings - it's normal in Canada, afaik. You seat people who know each other at the same table, or at least try to, so that they aren't completely isolated from anyone they know. Ideally, you seat them in a way that encourages conversation and discourages cliquey behaviour, but it would be considered unusual to seat someone at an entirely different table from their plus one or their spouse.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for getting annoyed that my partners kid demands what I can and can't eat?

So, partner has a child and they are dictating everything we do while they are with us. From demanding playtime, how they do school (since we are on lock down), what they want to eat.... All typical first grade age kid stuff right? I tend to roll my eyes and let my partner deal because they're not my kid and I can't be bothered with the hassle of them passing on to their mom that I'm being mean or whatever by telling them to stop being ridiculous.

That's before we get onto them telling me what I can't eat because it's "theirs". I pay for what I eat. I can eat what I want, when I want... But it's making me feel like I can't eat when they are around because they make out I'm eating "their" food. It can be anything... cakes, chocolate, chips, drinks... You name it, and they see me eating it? It's theirs and I'm told not to eat any more... By the kid. I'm being guilted by a kid.

It's getting to the point where I'm starting to have to bite my tongue because it's really making me angry that I pay for food and can't eat it when I want. Partner just shrugs it off and says the kid is just a kid.But it's more than that. I'm being made to feel like I can't eat stuff I've paid for when kid is around... So, AITA for being angry at this or am. I just overreacting?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

MagusofStars posted:

Seriously. Isn't the point of Regency style that you spark more conversation among guests who don't know each other as well instead of having them clump into their own little existing groups? Like, that's something you do at a dinner of 8+ people in your nice dining room while footmen serve the 5 course meal.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

AceClown posted:

I honestly think this is just your social group tbh, I'm from the UK and I've been to loads of weddings, and never been to a single one where people were split off from their partners.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

this guy is obviously a giant piece of poo poo, i'm just posting it for the quotes:

(30m)(27f) My boyfriend kept going on about how much he enjoyed his exes during an argument with me about sex.

quote:

My fiancée Alex and I have been together for a year now. Excuse me if the following sounds like a teenage argument but I am quite upset.

He has always been a bit of a jealous person, and something he really really focuses on is... getting head. Even before we slept together he was telling me how excited he was to get it off me and he’s constantly asking for it. Which is fine, I don’t mind, he’s not a selfish lover at all. But he’s also very jealous of the idea that I did this way more for other guys, with no real reason to be.

As a bit of context, at one point he was asking me something about how often I used to go down on guys vs them going down on me. I really can’t remember the exact raising of the topic I’m afraid. But I mentioned to him that I’ve never been a HUGE fan of giving head, and in fact remember having a conversation with one of my exes where I discussed that I wasn’t too keen on giving him it when he wasn’t doing anything for me in return (I was young!). I was intending to make him feel better, but!

Since then, he’s taken this to mean that I spent the majority of that relationship “gagging on his penis” for months on end until “I begged him to come up for air” (none of which I said). I’ve constantly reassured him it wasn’t that much, I go down on my Alex way more. He doesn’t listen.

He also went snooping through my old Reddit posts one day when he had my laptop and found a post on r/sex from a guy I was dating BEFORE him where I was asking for tips on sleeping with with a guy with ED, and happened to mention that I’d gone down on him in response to a comment. I saw that guy like, twice. Can Alex let me forget it? Hell no! I’m just a “penis lover” “nothing but a penis sucker” “just a mouth to use and abuse” etc. Obvs with more colourful words than that but I think my post will get deleted if I use those words. Add in how “disgusting” I am, nothing more than a dump for you know what.. the list goes on.

I really don’t know what his obsession with head is. Giving head was a small proportion of those relationships, far less than the amount of times I’ve done it with Alex, but no matter how often I tell him I’m just a “penis sucking liar” who won’t listen.

I get jaw pain because I have problems due to grinding my teeth in my sleep. That means at times I stop after a few minutes because he’s sore. Is he okay with that? No, and I quote “with me you just complain about jaw pain whereas you were just sucking everyone else off for hours” (again not true) and “you only give me head for every 20 times I bang you”.

That’s just the context. Here’s the issue. He’s jealous, I get it. It doesn’t come up most of the time, before you all ask why I’m still with him.. just in arguments. But then this happened yesterday which is what I really wanted advice about.

I decided to broach where his obsession with head came from and whether it was something to do with his OWN jealousy with his exes or if he felt I wasn’t doing what he wanted because it was so excessive.

I got the above in a much worse fashion but then he started telling me how much he liked getting head off his exes. How good it felt to get head off them and how nice it was and how much he enjoyed it. Every sentence he’d drop in how much he liked head with other girls. Now he’s often told me he likes mine more, which I guess was a bit of an ego boost, but then yesterday he kept saying how much he just liked it, how he liked it even more than sex with his exes because it just felt so good. He said I was probably just better off it because I “am a champion of sucking” and have been “doing nothing but sucking guys off for years” and there’s nothing else to me.

Closely followed by another sentence or two about how good it was from his exes.

When I tried to redirect it to me, he’d just repeat how good it was off anyone and the best thing ever.

I got upset because when I say he kept saying it, he really kept repeating it. It was like he was enjoying telling me how good head off his exes was. When I told him I thought it was irrelevant and hurtful he started making fun of me, saying things like “sorry it’s just the truth, head is just so good, can’t you handle the truth haha?”

And then it descended into attacking me for having sucked guys off for hours which he wished his exes did for him.

I feel sick and I don’t know what he was trying to do. Can anyone give me some insight? I feel hurt because I don’t think I needed to know that, especially not in the way he was going on about it - but even more than that, I feel like maybe I set myself up for it by asking a question that I didn’t want the answer to. But then I certainly didn’t ask to be repeatedly told how much he loved head before me only to be told that I just complain of jaw pain and don’t do what I did for other guys (which isn’t true).

If at all possible, I don’t want to be told to break up with him. We’re engaged and I’d like to work things out. I more just wanted an outside perspective on what this all means. Is he upset that I’m not giving him what he’s had before? Is he just trying to hurt me? Am I not good enough? I’m not sure what he wanted me to feel.

This is going to sound pathetic but he made me feel like he preferred them and maybe this has all just been about me not being good enough which is why he was going on and on about how good others were. Does that sound accurate?

Edit: I just want to say thank you so much for the overwhelming and supportive response. I’m sorry I can’t reply to each one but I promise I’m reading all of them. As dramatic as it sounds I feel like my entire world has just been flipped up, I’ve been incredibly naive and I need to make some decisions. Thank you everyone

tldr fiancée has always been extremely jealous of the fact that I gave head to other guys, even though I’ve told him it’s so much more with him. In an argument about this, he decided to spend hours waxing lyrical to me about how good it was from HIS exes and how much he enjoyed it and I’m not sure why he would do that.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I tend to roll my eyes and let my partner deal because they're not my kid and I can't be bothered with the hassle of them

Maybe it's just the phrasing and I'm misreading something as general when it's specific, but I'm getting strong arsehole vibes from this. As far as I can tell the kid is being a normal child and it should be a a red flag for the partner that he has no interest in engaging with them

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Yeah I think the bigger problem is that indulging fantasies of 18th/19th century upper-class dinner parties requires more than just four people at the table.

Essentially, this. You'd have to have at least two more people, not related to anyone else, to have a chance at mixing things up, seating-wise.

MagusofStars posted:

That would work if it was two couples and no one between the two couples were related, but as one half of the other couple was my brother-in-law, by Regency rules, I also could not sit by him as we are related by marriage.

This woman was nuts to the point where she "accidentally" fell into a Christian cult for some years so... I didn't really care about her antiquated etiquette rules.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dramatika posted:

This guy and the guy who wants to rat on his friend for cheating on a test 8 years ago - like, what are they actually hoping to accomplish? Of course they're the rear end in a top hat, there's literally nothing that bringing up old poo poo like that is going to do to make life any better at all for anyone. Oh, boo-hoo, she cheated on a test 7 years ago, and has since paid your rent, loaned you money interest free, forgiven some of those loans, and bought you food. Even if they did something less than honest a few years ago, they've been a great friend to you by the sound of it, and being petty and reporting it might cause some difficulty for them, but it will 100% torpedo a good relationship. And how could anyone ever possibly think that spilling the beans on the tattoo would do anything but cause useless drama?

When I was in the Military there was this loving really Christian guy that had just come to my office. The dude was a clown in every conceivable way. He had 0 personality, no social skills, nothing. But I tried to befriend everyone I worked with so I invited him to this party I was having at my house. While at this party I was drunk as gently caress and we lit some everclear on fire which caused me to have a really big burn on my foot. I had to run my PT test 2 days later and obviously couldn't so I went to the hospital, got it treated, passed my test like a week and a half later. So the day after I passed my test new guy comes up to me and goes "Hey I know you lied about how you burned your foot, if you don't tell our supervisor the truth I will." and I was like "Hold the gently caress on...EXCUSE ME?" Oh I was livid with him, but at that point there was nothing I could really do (although in hindsight I wish I had called his bluff), so I told my supervisor about how I really burned my foot and you know what? Supervisor did not give a single gently caress. That was just one story of this guy, he was a real loving dumb gently caress and when he got kicked out after being in less than 2 years I was not surprised.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
AITA for not wanting to share my room with my nephew

quote:

So anyways, backstory. I am a 21 year old female. I fell on hard times so my older brother, we'll call him Dj, took me in. I lived with him, his girlfriend- not important- his mom-also not important-and my nephew. Let's call nephew GN for good nephew. I was told that the room I was staying in used to be my nephew's room but they never did anything. That's important for later

Now the story. This happened about a week ago so I'm sorry if it seems paraphrased.

I woke up one morning and did my morning chores. Dishes, sanitizing doors and cabinets, and floors were all done as my brother and sister in law left for the store. Dj came back a few hours later. I had fallen asleep with GN. He told me i needed to clean my room since he was gonna sanatize some toys he had brought from my sister in law's apartment. He told me he was going to put GN's toys in my room, along the back wall. Which means I have to share half my room with a 4 year old boy. When I complained, Dj said, "It's his room OP, you're lucky I'm only taking up that back wall. I was going to put all of GN's stuff in there and put your stuff in a closet." I grew angry. And just went with it since one of the rules for me to be here is I can't talk back or sass him. Now everynight at around 6pm til 10pm, my nephew comes in and plays with his toys and making a mess. I have to leave my door wide open when he's in there. Mind you there is a whole other room we use for storage. Why can't we clean it out and have me in there? It would be half office, but i wouldn't mind it. I feel like my privacy has been invaded. But when I tried to tell them how i few my room as sacred, they made fun of me. So am i really the rear end in a top hat for not wanting my 4 year old nephew in my room?

Edit: For those asking why he did this, since GN sleeps in my brother's room with him and my sister in law, Dj told me, "I want my room back. So his toys are going in your room."

Edit 2: Keep in mind it isn't even my brother's house. He barely pays his mom rent, and I babysit GN from 7am to 6pm. So i cant relax til 10pm. And my brother has a curfew set for me at 11pm. Btw I'm not getting paid to watch him like I'm supposed to either. Oh and due to Covid19, i cant leave the house at all

Edit 3: when i told them it was sacred their response was, "what do you do that is so sacred?" I just huffed and walked a way. I'm Wiccan. I had to dismantle my altar for this. And i have fragile crystals that cant be played with. I cant tell them that cuz if i do, I'll get kicked out for being a santanist since that's what wiccans are in their eyes. I'm sorry if i come off spoiled. I just tried to get all the main parts. I do thank everyone for inputs.

Edit 4: I AM NOT A SANTANIST. i am wiccan. I use light magic. I do not worship the devil in any way shape or form. My family just thinks that's what wiccans do.

Edit 5: I just found out like an hour ago that we might be figuring out another place to go. My brother's mom brought her husband back to the house and let's just say he's a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So, partner has a child and they are dictating everything we do while they are with us. From demanding playtime, how they do school (since we are on lock down), what they want to eat.... All typical first grade age kid stuff right? I tend to roll my eyes and let my partner deal because they're not my kid and I can't be bothered with the hassle of them passing on to their mom that I'm being mean or whatever by telling them to stop being ridiculous.

That's before we get onto them telling me what I can't eat because it's "theirs". I pay for what I eat. I can eat what I want, when I want... But it's making me feel like I can't eat when they are around because they make out I'm eating "their" food. It can be anything... cakes, chocolate, chips, drinks... You name it, and they see me eating it? It's theirs and I'm told not to eat any more... By the kid. I'm being guilted by a kid.

It's getting to the point where I'm starting to have to bite my tongue because it's really making me angry that I pay for food and can't eat it when I want. Partner just shrugs it off and says the kid is just a kid.But it's more than that. I'm being made to feel like I can't eat stuff I've paid for when kid is around... So, AITA for being angry at this or am. I just overreacting?

Getting strong obesity/eating disorder vibes with the child basically being her hated inner guilt. It doesn't sound like they are eating together and instead OP is just snacking and being very defensive "I can eat what I want when I want" because I paid for this food! If this was a normal meal the response is "No, that is yours and this is mine." If it is a normal snack you offer the kid some. It is easy.