Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
if only i had several guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Soda it’s maybe less “Miller variant” and more “role plus miller”

Why make this public?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Somberbrero posted:

Why make this public?

I have divined the future and it is terrifying.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No if you’ll excuse me, I am in the middle of a protracted and intricate ritual to summon Harold Krell and bind him to my command

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hi, yeah, haven't read, will do so tomorrow

finals, papers, paranoid about not passing even with relaxed standards etc.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No if you’ll excuse me, I am in the middle of a protracted and intricate ritual to summon Harold Krell and bind him to my command

I forgot the password to that account

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I forgot the password to that account

ah nuts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jonathan Fisk posted:

hi, yeah, haven't read, will do so tomorrow

finals, papers, paranoid about not passing even with relaxed standards etc.

Hour at a time, next thing you know it’s passed, but I also realize the impotence of these kinds of statements

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I see the rationale for voting pin, but I don't have a high degree of confidence in seeing a scum result. It's mostly a meta read, I feel like they always start off snipey and then evolve along with the game. I would prefer to see their game develop.

Well before making that vote, I went over a few of her recent games in Votefinder and saw that in games where she's Town, she's similarly terse, but there's a lot more venom behind those posts than here.

However, I didn't initially find one in which she was Scum. So just now I went back to find one. The one I found is a previous Ecco game, A Gateway to Greed) and there too, she was spotted by someone D1 (Max) for exactly the reason I just said, namely "throwing shade but in a testing-the-waters sort of way."

So, while I don't want to rely on meta for someone I haven't personally played with before, her history is at minimum not inconsistent with what my gut was telling me.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

The other thing I noticed from all those games is that Pin always seems to open games by claiming VT regardless of her actual role/alignment and she didn't do that this game. But that may just be a gimmick she decided to drop for whatever reason and not indicative of her role/alignment here one way or another.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

xopods posted:

The other thing I noticed from all those games is that Pin always seems to open games by claiming VT regardless of her actual role/alignment and she didn't do that this game. But that may just be a gimmick she decided to drop for whatever reason and not indicative of her role/alignment here one way or another.

She did

Pinterest Mom posted:

Confirming that I am vanilla town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

smh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also what recent games

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I really don't like toal's posting, which is continuing to straddle the line of is this/isn't this a joke

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Somberbrero posted:

You're all so boring I'm reading old eccogames on my lunch break.

Token do you think I've been picking fights?

I wouldn't say so. Though I don't think picking fights early on is particularly scummy anyway. Well one day 1 and probably 2 it's fine. Do you feel like you've been picking fights?

yuming posted:

I think Somb and Tokes feel town. Also getting an town ~feeling~ from toal.
Yes because I'm town. I do feel good so far about somb, I don't feel strong about it.

xopods posted:

##vote PinterestMom

Since she's been around enough that it's not apathy lurking. And she's been pushing small amounts of shade here and there but not in a sufficiently aggressive way that she's likely to be held accountable for any of it later. Last three posts for instance:

I think this is a decent point.

MisterJed posted:

I’m new but I used to read games a long time ago. Check out the tiger king game for my antics

That's a big ask. Do people think that when you tell people to read a whole game to see your posts in context that they will?

This might be my only post on today (Sunday), but I'll be super active tomorrow.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

This game so far feels like that first party when you're 11/12 years old that has girls invited and everyone's all awkward

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

I have divined the future and it is terrifying.

Missed opportunity for:

I have dividend the future ...

heh!

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

rereading the last few pages for thoughts before I go out for a bit

cheese sandwich posted:

Monathin posted:

I'm going back and forth on birb being legit right now or not. They are very obviously all over the place in a way I would not usually associate with either town OR scum birb? I kind of wanna let that simmer to see what happens.

Not feeling the Jed! push tbh, are they a vet I don't recognize or a newbie? I think their pressure on birb is actually fairly good, actually.
what jed push

This might just be gut and weigh in if you disagree but looking at this again this feels like kind of an overaware teamthink slip wrt Jed & thinking he had pressure on him, like he was drawing on a larger discussion oot. I mostly like mon otherwise though so idk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Missed opportunity for:

I have dividend the future ...

heh!

toal my good buddy, are you scum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Monathin posted:

toal my good buddy, are you scum

No comment.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

I mostly like mon otherwise though so idk.

Scratch that otherwise neutral

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

No comment.

:thunk:

cheese sandwich posted:

This might just be gut and weigh in if you disagree but looking at this again this feels like kind of an overaware teamthink slip wrt Jed & thinking he had pressure on him, like he was drawing on a larger discussion oot. I mostly like mon otherwise though so idk.

I'm honestly just a dumbass and have no memory permanence beyond the page of the thread I'm currently reading, tbh

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

The claim doesn’t necessarily conflict. The posting tone seemed off for a hard-claimed Miller. The imagined miller backgrounds conflict with my flavour though.

Speaking of, is xopods new? They seem fixed on flavour

This looks like awkward distancing, do not like

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also ##vote Spoonsy

Doing this because their post history is hilariously truncated and I would like to see them make some commentary on the Mafia currently being played itt

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Good morning everyone,

##vote Pinterest Mom . I tend to agree with xopods assessment in that their posts seem to all be dancing around Toal and somber posts and testing the waters there, and with very little defense put up it makes me think there’s something scummy going on. Right now I think adding a bit of pressure is in order. Pinterest, I realize Toal is being vague and non-comittal, but bringing them up as a distraction when you’re under fire reads off to me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

pmom's town this game, you can read it in his eyes

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You can try to add pressure but I'm not gonna crack

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Pmom's posting doesn't stand out to me. Tone reads similar to what I remember.

I like Mona's try-hard posting for town atm.

Still confused about Hawke claiming as much as possible role information, for no good reason. But again it still doesn't read scummy.

chaoslord, got any good reads so far :sparkles:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you're from michigan, crack is all you have

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm from Michigan but have never done crack,

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Oops. Didn't notice that at the time, only noticed in the other games because it was so consistent (and then failed to come back and check because I figured it probably didn't matter since she'd done it as both Town PRs and as Scum).

Pinterest Mom posted:

also what recent games

Well, recent enough that my non-archives-having rear end can read them. I did notice that most are at least a year old.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

cheese sandwich posted:

This game so far feels like that first party when you're 11/12 years old that has girls invited and everyone's all awkward

lmao

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

sandnavyguy posted:

Good morning everyone,

##vote Pinterest Mom . I tend to agree with xopods assessment in that their posts seem to all be dancing around Toal and somber posts and testing the waters there, and with very little defense put up it makes me think there’s something scummy going on. Right now I think adding a bit of pressure is in order. Pinterest, I realize Toal is being vague and non-comittal, but bringing them up as a distraction when you’re under fire reads off to me.

Big dislike of this post:
- it’s a carbon copy of a (wrong) contention sandwolf posted yesterday regarding moi;
- the idea that people being cased shouldn’t post reads or talk about other posters because it’s some kind of deflection is bad and would kill the game if people actually followed it

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

- it’s a carbon copy of a (wrong) contention sandwolf posted yesterday regarding moi;
- the idea that people being cased shouldn’t post reads or talk about other posters because it’s some kind of deflection is bad and would kill the game if people actually followed it

I’m down with this

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

wuba dub dub i died in another game so time to take this one seriousy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

why dont you quote the post you say that post is a copy of so we can see the evidence ourselves

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

why dont you quote the post you say that post is a copy of so we can see the evidence ourselves

okay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I think that second point is a gross oversimplification of the point Navy is making, but also I don't feel like pin is especially deflective so v0v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

I think that second point is a gross oversimplification of the point Navy is making, but also I don't feel like pin is especially deflective so v0v

I see navy’s point about the dancing, but yeah the deflecting bit doesn’t make sense and “pin being under fire” - under fire from who?

also Toal I’m awake to this having dealt with

Sandwolf posted:

I did think the weird attempt to pivot to binus was kinda weird.

Sandwolf posted:

Because it looks like a really obvious inducement of “look-over-there”-ism

which didn’t make sense at the time either