Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

cast iron, that most bourgeois of cooking materials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
me, to the hobo heating canned beans in an old cast iron skillet: "GENTRIFIER!!!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

[citation requested}

https://www.target.com/p/lodge-12-cast-iron-skillet/-/A-10291923

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
tbf they've jacked the price recently because the last time i bought a lodge pan at walmart it was only $15

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Posting from a pre-Hittite settlement in Asia Minor

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

tbf they've jacked the price recently because the last time i bought a lodge pan at walmart it was only $15

you could say that they are overpriced then

i win submit to my posting powress

(they're also obsolete, like gas stoves or perculators)

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

thotsky posted:

Disgorgeous is alright. They're two white dudes from the same New York set as the Chapo crowd, with similar sensibilities, Twitter-esque irony-based humor, aborted improv careers etc.

The podcast is them getting smashed on mid to high tier natural/organic/hipster wine, mostly just talking poo poo, once in a while giving a shout out to Bernie or ironically calling for protestant/catholic conflict, or racism against Italians/The Irish. There's a lot of hot couch vibes.

There's probably stuff to make fun of, yet they're a pretty good representation of your average Chapo listener, lifting most of their jokes. The wine-rep thing is an interesting wrinkle, but no worse then the computer touchers in this very thread, no doubt working on ad tracking algos or some other wretched poo poo, so stones and glass houses etc.

Maybe the current cultural milieu of slapping vaguely leftist window dressing on a lifestyle podcast to appeal to subcultural dilettantes is...loving stupid? Just make a wine podcast. If your personalities or opinions are interesting you'll develop a following.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
The world does not need a Marxist Gaming Show.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

they're still cheaper than half-decent regular pans and have a nonstick surface without teflon which you shouldn't be eating anything cooked in

if you want to rage against an expensive bougie cookware trend there's carbon steel pans

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Prince Myshkin posted:

The world does not need a Marxist Gaming Show.

Im ok with marxist analysis of videogames and have enjoyed a few episodes of Struggle Session and/or No Cartridge on that basis but if you are an otherwise normal video game hobby podcast that is produced by a subsidiary of Vice and you end your show with "gently caress capitalism" I just dont believe you are sincere in your anti-capitalist beliefs.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Uranium posted:

cast iron, that most bourgeois of cooking materials

i have a le creuset skillet we got as a wedding present that's like $150

it's really smooth tho, they're hand-polished and don't use sand molds or something

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's really smooth tho, they're hand-polished and don't use sand molds or something
enameled cast iron is a different beast altogether, and a pleasure to use

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
what kind of pans do they use in star wars

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

crepeface posted:

plascrete

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Woodoo hide

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

thotsky posted:

Your mom is sized for a continuous load.

lol

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

AnEdgelord posted:

Im ok with marxist analysis of videogames and have enjoyed a few episodes of Struggle Session and/or No Cartridge on that basis but if you are an otherwise normal video game hobby podcast that is produced by a subsidiary of Vice and you end your show with "gently caress capitalism" I just dont believe you are sincere in your anti-capitalist beliefs.

Gaming podcast hosted by Marxists? Sure. A gaming podcast with Marxist branding? No thank you.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

and yet you’re employed by capitalists? curious!

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

AnEdgelord posted:

U better get the name of any goddamn podcast associated with Rob zachny's name out your mouth before I started comparing various inscrutable tabletop wargames at you.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

idk leftie lifestyle stuff seems like a nice way to introduce lifestyle people to leftie analysis if done successfully and not purely as a marketing gimmick

part of what makes trueanon successful as a leftie podcast beyond the sheer freak charisma of brace belden combined with franczak's strong moderating influence is imo their initial focus on the epstein case specifically before branching out to reveal the epstein extended universe and sort of using it as a case for class analysis. basically all the richest people knew epstein and may were outright chummy with him, which is unambiguously Bad and so it's an excuse to look into the depravity and mechanisms of depravity of the american ruling class

V. Illych L. has issued a correction as of 07:26 on May 11, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've got the last surviving piece of a full set my parents got as a wedding present, it's in 70's brown. probably the same skillet. i had a 5qt dutch oven that i loved but it went missing in a move. making a stew in my new one now but it's a cheap offbrand

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Impermanent posted:

U better get the name of any goddamn podcast associated with Rob zachny's name out your mouth before I started comparing various inscrutable tabletop wargames at you.

ah hell please don't tell me 3MA is bad now I don't think I could take it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

gradenko_2000 posted:

ah hell please don't tell me 3MA is bad now I don't think I could take it

Don't know what that is but yes, and also you're canceled for platforming them/it/that.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

T-man posted:

Percolators aren't obsolete they were always poo poo

You can make better coffee in just a metal cup

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
a few months back someone dug out my old parents filtered coffee maker and it was surprisingly decent to good, while my ikea french press remains a decor piece

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

crepeface posted:

critical

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Sorry everyone, Waypoint sucks rear end

3ma is ok if they're talking about a game im interested in or if they ever bother to upload in the first place

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well that trueanon ep was ... interesting

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Crane Fist posted:

Imagine going to all that effort of writing songs that replicate the Fibonacci sequence or whatever but then being like okay this song is about rear end loving

Tool is that one piano joke from spinal tap stretched out over 20 years

rear end FISTING, jeez. Song not even actually about that though.

Desensitized to everything
What became of subtlety?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the pda crew did a reading of The Adult In The Room and it is, through no fault of theirs, excruciating

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Really enjoying trueanon lately. Hope they have more Above Top Secret posters and "high strangeness" types on their show, I love that poo poo

And the most recent interview with Maria Farmer. Holy poo poo. It's almost like real actual journalism. Probably the most important thing they've done on the show to date

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yeah i am mostly absorbed in high weird deep state politics now, you can read forever about it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tiberion02 posted:

rear end FISTING, jeez. Song not even actually about that though.

Desensitized to everything
What became of subtlety?

Oh poo poo this guy can explain the TRUE meaning of Tool songs! Let's all gather round and listen

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I loved tool in high school and thought the fact that the main guy had a different band where he wears a stupid wig the whole time was the coolest loving thing ever

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm glad i was cool in high school and liked cool bands like dave matthews

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Wolfsheim posted:

I loved tool in high school and thought the fact that the main guy had a different band where he wears a stupid wig the whole time was the coolest loving thing ever

My friend, have you heard of Chris Gaines?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

that was his real hair :smugdog:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Also cool as hell, yes

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

a few months back someone dug out my old parents filtered coffee maker and it was surprisingly decent to good, while my ikea french press remains a decor piece

What happened to your old parents. You couldn’t get a coffee maker from your new ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Finally, one of the podcasts is doing something thread relevant

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1260002085564821510?s=19